PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

the order 1886 gameplay from gamescom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9G_QsSvrrI&list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any 'cooldown' time between SharePlay sessions or can you just play for an hour then immediately start back up?
They've said there's no limit so you can just restart it after the hour. That being said I imagine they're going to introduce a "Cool down" of some sorts before launch because this can be easily exploited.

That being said I found more details on it.

Says Sony: "In Share Play, the visitor (the one who doesn't own the game) takes over the host (the one who owns the game)'s account, so the visitor cannot save their play data onto their own account."

So basically it can't really be abused because your friend isn't saving their own data or earning their own trophies (They may even be disabled for you to earn) and since you can't use your PS4 at all while someone else is playing I doubt somebody will be constantly letting a friend use it. If anything I imagine this will be more towards people who want to constantly try new games before buying them (Maybe like an extended demo service) and I have nothing against that because it still sounds pretty cool.

Themes coming in PS4 2.0 firmware confirmed by Playstation Blogcast.
Confirmed as false.

A few hours ago PlayStation posted a new blogcast discussing the PS4 software update 2.00, The crew has announced during the blogcast that themes would be available in the next update.

Now the blogcast is removed and corrected according to “Sid” one of the blogcast crew, Sid has confirmed on NeoGAF that the announcement made by error:

Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We’ll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.

Confirmed as false.

A few hours ago PlayStation posted a new blogcast discussing the PS4 software update 2.00, The crew has announced during the blogcast that themes would be available in the next update.

Now the blogcast is removed and corrected according to “Sid” one of the blogcast crew, Sid has confirmed on NeoGAF that the announcement made by error:
:whistle2:(

Confirmed as false.

Terrible news!!!!! Why are they taking so long to implement such basic shit?

Honeslty, I wish I could have the XMB on the Playstation 4.  I don't even see how themes would work with the PS4 interface.  Different background colors... yes, but integrating pictures, and things... there's no space.  Before themes can be applied they're going to have to clean up the interface that we have now.  TV, Music, downloaded games, disc based games (that can't be played without the disc inserted) all listed in one row is sloppy.  The games need to appear listed under a "games" category in a drop down.  (Similar to how TV apps (i.e. netflix, hulu, amazon, etc.) all appear under the TV&Video  heading.  

Honeslty, I wish I could have the XMB on the Playstation 4. I don't even see how themes would work with the PS4 interface. Different background colors... yes, but integrating pictures, and things... there's no space. Before themes can be applied they're going to have to clean up the interface that we have now. TV, Music, downloaded games, disc based games (that can't be played without the disc inserted) all listed in one row is sloppy. The games need to appear listed under a "games" category in a drop down. (Similar to how TV apps (i.e. netflix, hulu, amazon, etc.) all appear under the TV&Video heading.
I just wish we could get XMB back as well, it was simple and worked... What we have now is way to cluttered and not very intuitive.

xmb was the most annoying part of ps3 everything hidden under menu's. ps4 just needs a folder to put all games in and let you put what you want on main page.

XMB wasn't really that hidden. hell it won awards so it cant be that bad lol.

Personally I find the Xbox One Interface to be really cumbersome and things hidden in menus but I know thats because its suppose to be used with kinect. I really hope they update a lot of that stuff too.

But, to each their own I suppose.

4 hours to sit and see trailer no thanks gave up after 20 mins stupid Kojima
Somehow I think if P.T. had been exclusive to Xbone you would be praising it to high heaven, oh well, we'll never know. What did you Xbox fanboys get from Gamecom again? Oh yeah about the same amount of games you've gotten all summer.. nada!! Good times.. lol

Somehow I think if P.T. had been on the Xbone you would be praising it to high heaven, oh well, we'll never know. What did Xbox fanboys get from Gamecom again? Oh yeah about the same amount of games they've gotten all summer.. nada!! Good times.. lol
Good of you to continue the fanboy argument despite Timbo not even mentioning the Xbox.

Good of you to continue the fanboy argument despite Timbo not even mentioning the Xbox.
It's in his tone, everything mentioned Sony related, Motorstorm, Drive Club, XMB, and PS4 exclusive P.T. are all shit.. and this is just his comments in this thread the last few days. It's no secret he's an Xbox fanboy so I was just turning the screws a little on him, no need to get all uppity..

Is there a 3rd party controller for the PS4 that follows the Xbox stick layout yet?  Wireless highly preferred.  I like the DS4 much better than the DS3 . . . but still not a fan of the control stick locations.

Somehow I think if P.T. had been exclusive to Xbone you would be praising it to high heaven, oh well, we'll never know. What did you Xbox fanboys get from Gamecom again? Oh yeah about the same amount of games you've gotten all summer.. nada!! Good times.. lol
I'm not bashing the demo lol I loved the game until the end. The ending was yet another Kojima trolling act.

It's in his tone, everything mentioned Sony related, Motorstorm, Drive Club, XMB, and PS4 exclusive P.T. are all shit.. and this is just his comments in this thread the last few days. It's no secret he's an Xbox fanboy so I was just turning the screws a little on him, no need to get all uppity..
But yet I called g.t best racing franchise in history yep I hate Sony 100 percent..... Dude just stop

Oh and I was not a fan of 360 life's span of dashboards either and I think ps4 home screen is better then xbone at this time with all my games at main screen. As the added stuff like friends and and other non home screen xbone is better. So yeah your thinking is just dumb.

But yet I called g.t best racing franchise in history yep I hate Sony 100 percent..... Dude just stop

Oh and I was not a fan of 360 life's span of dashboards either and I think ps4 home screen is better then xbone at this time with all my games at main screen. As the added stuff like friends and and other non home screen xbone is better. So yeah your thinking is just dumb.
True you did say you liked GT, I'll give you that, like I said just screwing with ya.

It's true purpose is to give you the vibe of how scary the next Silent Hills game would be like. You are really playing the demo for the thrill and scariness of it, not the trailer alone.

It's true purpose is to give you the vibe of how scary the next Silent Hills game would be like. You are really playing the demo for the thrill and scariness of it, not the trailer alone.

Is there a 3rd party controller for the PS4 that follows the Xbox stick layout yet? Wireless highly preferred. I like the DS4 much better than the DS3 . . . but still not a fan of the control stick locations.
No one cares about Timbo's opinion on games. Find me a controller! :p

Does anyone know how to fix wifi issues on the ps4? I did a Google search and found others with the same issue but no solutions. I have 50mbps down and i can barely even check my trophies on my ps4. Every other device in the house runs at optimal speeds but the ps4 is near impossible to get decent enough speeds to browse the store let alone play anything online. Running a ethernet cable to the ps4 isn't really an option.

Does anyone know how to fix wifi issues on the ps4? I did a Google search and found others with the same issue but no solutions. I have 50mbps down and i can barely even check my trophies on my ps4. Every other device in the house runs at optimal speeds but the ps4 is near impossible to get decent enough speeds to browse the store let alone play anything online. Running a ethernet cable to the ps4 isn't really an option.
I'm guessing it has to do with your wifi settings on your router. I'd setup a dedicated IP address, and google the port forwarding requirements for the PS4. Then forward away.

Sounds like you're having the issue I had. Comcast?

Change the radio channel on your router. Stay away from 1, 6, or 11 as those are usually the default on most wifi routers when they are set to "auto". Check in network settings on the PS4 to see what signal strength it is getting.

Yeah you're getting interference from another device in your house. This happens to me with our baby monitor once in awhile, change your channel.

The PlayRoom AR Studio drops tonight. I dont personally broadcast but it should be cool to see what people can do with this. Also my children will enjoy playing with the new features in The Playroom.

Some Infamous First Light details. $15 For roughly 6 hours of gameplay sounds like a steal.

Not surprisingly, First Light will bring us back to Sucker Punch’s version of Seattle, an expanse you got to know well if you played through Second Son. But like Infamous 2’s standalone DLC, Festival of Blood, only a portion of the city will be available to play through; not the entire thing. The good news is that there seems to be a whole lot more to do in First Light than there was in Festival of Blood, which could conceivably be beaten in a couple of hours. First Light, on the other hand, should take four or five hours to complete, and that’s really only half of the story (more on that in a bit).
Now, I mentioned earlier that there’s another half to First Light, and frankly, it’s the part of the package I’m most excited about. There’s an arena mode tied intimately into First Light’s story that allows you to play Infamous in a more arcadey, score-based fashion. The arenas – plural – are based in Curdun Cay, the infamous (see what I did there?) prison where Conduits are locked away by the authorities. While First Light’s campaign takes place two years prior to the events of Second Son, Curdun Cay’s arena battles are based in the present, right before Delsin is unleashed on Seattle. It’s there that Augustine tries to interrogate Fetch, tempting her to give up information that would be extremely valuable to the DUP. All the while, she has flashbacks, hence the story portion of the expansion.

Speaking of Trophies, First Light is such a huge DLC expansion that it has a Platinum Trophy, therefore giving the entire Infamous: Second Son package two Platinums to its name. Oh, and you don’t have to have Infamous: Second Son to download it and play it, though if you do, you’ll automatically unlock Delsin for use in the aforementioned battle arenas.

6 Hours is pretty subjective. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes could be described as a 40+ hour game depending how you look at it

I'm using Road Runner/Time Warner for internet. I tried setting it to a static IP and and forwarding the correct ports but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Signal strength is at 72%.

EDIT: I just switched the signal to channel 9 and now my signal strength is at 90%. Unfortunately this is still not fixing the problem of slow speeds.

I'm using Road Runner/Time Warner for internet. I tried setting it to a static IP and and forwarding the correct ports but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Signal strength is at 72%.

EDIT: I just switched the signal to channel 9 and now my signal strength is at 90%. Unfortunately this is still not fixing the problem of slow speeds.
One thing you can try is change the DNS settings to use the OpenDNS IPs instead of the Time Warner defaults.

In your Network settings change your DNS IPs to : 208.67.222.222 for the first and 208.67.220.220 for the second.

Used to help when I had my ps3 hooked up wirelessly.

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

Try manually changing the DNS server on your PS4 to google's DNS server. Make sure UPnP is enabled.

Edit: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Can-t-log-into-psn/m-p/44300160/highlight/true#M76558

Time Warner experiencing issues with their own DNS servers.

Themes coming in PS4 2.0 firmware confirmed by Playstation Blogcast.
This makes me happier than it probably should. I mean, c'mon, it's just digital wallpaper right?

Yet it is something I really miss, especially when I go from a PS3 gaming session to a PS4 one.

Edited to add: ah, nuts, it's not true. Boo.

So after some issues with my Debit Card, I finally got the order through. My 2TB drive should be here tomorrow, will install and let everyone know how it goes.

Deader: Pretty sure it was you I talked to about putting that hdd in your ps4. Any advice to taking apart the external or is there a certain guide you could direct me to.

So after some issues with my Debit Card, I finally got the order through. My 2TB drive should be here tomorrow, will install and let everyone know how it goes.

Deader: Pretty sure it was you I talked to about putting that hdd in your ps4. Any advice to taking apart the external or is there a certain guide you could direct me to.
Yeah, let me look for the guide. someone posted a really good one in the last of us remaster thread. Best advice is to make sure you have a really thin flat head to get under the casing to pop it off. Also pealing back some of the sticker can be a pain. Over all its really easy though.

Edit: Heres the link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333474-gamestop-get-the-last-of-us-remastered-50-off-when-trading-in-the-last-of-us-for-ps3/?p=11976266

bread's done
Back