PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

i really want to try out drive club but will not buy it hearing pretty bad things about it and frrom what i seen on twitch it don't look great at all. What was the point of year delay and then have it suck
from every review I have read, they say it is the best looking racing game right now, it is just light on everything else.... So again, not sure how you can base that on a stream? every stream I have watched has looked horrible for any game, then I have gotten the game and been surprised that it looks much better... so not really sure how you can use that as a guide

from every review I have read, they say it is the best looking racing game right now, it is just light on everything else.... So again, not sure how you can base that on a stream? every stream I have watched has looked horrible for any game, then I have gotten the game and been surprised that it looks much better... so not really sure how you can use that as a guide
I think you already know the answer.

Well Timbo didn't say anything about the graphics he just said it didn't look good which could imply the gameplay or any other element. I'm not sure why you both instantly hone with your assumptions.

So graphics make a game. My goodness these new gen of systems destroyed thinking of gameplay over graphics

If the best looking game ever comes out but game play sucks who cares how good it looks if gameplay sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got those geltabz grips for the DS4 and i dunno, the rubber from the grips are getting in the way of me moving the sticks. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? I have to like adjust it a little and then its fine but whenever i click in on the thumbsticks it goes back in and i cant really move the thumbstick smoothly.

So graphics make a game. My goodness these new gen of systems destroyed thinking of gameplay over graphics

If the best looking game ever comes out but game play sucks who cares how good it looks if gameplay sucks
Clarify what you mean. Not being a dick but you do have a problem clarify what you mean to say

I got those geltabz grips for the DS4 and i dunno, the rubber from the grips are getting in the way of me moving the sticks. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? I have to like adjust it a little and then its fine but whenever i click in on the thumbsticks it goes back in and i cant really move the thumbstick smoothly.
So far the only issue I have with them is that if I play something that requires me to keep the stick moved in a certain direction for any length of time my thumb will start to lose it a little. But for the most part they move every bit as smooth as always

I have the GelTabs and I don't have an issue. I actually prefer the way they feel. I still like the sticks on the Xbox One controller better, but I'm afraid to do the mod myself. Those sticks just feel like my fingers fit perfectly into the concave.

I'm sort of confused about the argument going on in the thread. Normally I try not to get involved and a lot of times I actually agree with Timbo. I don't understand how you get an idea about the Graphics or the Gameplay from a twitch stream. Granted I never felt the need to watch a Twitch stream so I really don't know. From what I do know is you can't tell how a game plays unless you are the one controlling it. And you can't check out the graphics on a game by watching a stream.

I have the GelTabs and I don't have an issue. I actually prefer the way they feel. I still like the sticks on the Xbox One controller better, but I'm afraid to do the mod myself. Those sticks just feel like my fingers fit perfectly into the concave.

I'm sort of confused about the argument going on in the thread. Normally I try not to get involved and a lot of times I actually agree with Timbo. I don't understand how you get an idea about the Graphics or the Gameplay from a twitch stream. Granted I never felt the need to watch a Twitch stream so I really don't know. From what I do know is you can't tell how a game plays unless you are the one controlling it. And you can't check out the graphics on a game by watching a stream.
well some people stream in 1080 p 60 fps people would be shocked how well you can see what game looks on those kind of streams but i agree it's hard to judge but you can kind of tell how gameplay is on stream

twitch is like that kid in your neighborhood that would invite you over to play video games and then never pass you the controller. oh i get to WATCH you play? HOW FUN!

twitch is like that kid in your neighborhood that would invite you over to play video games and then never pass you the controller. oh i get to WATCH you play? HOW FUN!
can't be that bad bigger streamers makes a living off of it and people pay five bucks to them lol just to use dumb emotes

You being a ass is nothing new

Why don't you bring legit logic to a convo and not just non stop bashing of me plz
The moment you stop sounding like Slidecages nephew is the moment i take you seriously. You astroturfing is nothing new.

So I beat SOM and the honeymoon phase is over lol The story missions were not good and it becomes way too easy after some upgrades. Its still a solid game though, worth a rental.

Twitch blew up with the PS4 and Xbone. I was playing TLoU MP last night and my teammate was streaming our match. I didn't know his viewers could hear my mic. Pretty cool.

I'm surprised the Drive Club servers are still down, two days later and the servers still aren't working with an update in sight.
Maybe the game sold really well, even with average reviews (ex. Destiny). PS4 owners haven't got a racing game since launch with NFS Rivals.

High sales isn't necessarily an excuse for having two days worth of server issues. You're supposed to prepared for that influx of congestion to your servers head of time. It'll probably get even worse since I don't think the game has launched in the UK yet.

Granted I'm not entitled to anything, but I was really excited to try out the PS+ version and given the delays the game had I expected the launch to be done right.

High sales isn't necessarily an excuse for having two days worth of server issues. You're supposed to prepared for that influx of congestion to your servers head of time. It'll probably get even worse since I don't think the game has launched in the UK yet.

Granted I'm not entitled to anything, but I was really excited to try out the PS+ version and given the delays the game had I expected the launch to be done right.
I'm not excusing them for the poor preparation before launch. Just a guess as to what might be causing them to be down for 2 days straight.

It's awful how bad mp game servers are at launch these days it's not just drive club. Puzzles me how company's don't expect high traffic at launch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a usually reasonable guy that is more than understanding of most issues that are had by launches and problems that exist within gaming.  I'm also a pretty big fan of both Sony and Nintendo, so I am a bit more willing the most to overlook the shortcomings of both companies.  However... This whole Driveclub thing is ridiculous, embarrassing and downright atrocious.  

Delays happen.  That I can deal with and it's prevalent in the gaming community.  But I mean, why couldn't they have made themselves better prepared for this with the(almost) entire year that they pushed this game back?  And the holding back the PS+ version until server issue are fixed?  Absolute garbage.  Either find a way to lock out the Plus people from MP so they can at least try out the SP stuff or bring the servers down entirely(sounds like not many are able to get online anyway) for a few days and bring in all the people/extra servers/whatever else you need and get this thing fixed ASAP.  

It's not even as if that's all that's been going on, because as bad as the whole situation is, it's been handled even worse.

**EDIT**

I also won't be surprised if they further discount the game due to all of the issues, or give the Plus edition additional unlocks as a bit of an apology.  I'm usually against demanding more or having the whole entitled attitude but in this case, I really think something needs to be done.

I think at best they should just offer a free car pack to all users of the game because you certainly wouldn't want to give the digital buyers a bonus perk, but ignore the people who ran out and grabbed the game at brick and mortar stores.

One reason it's important to go about doing this is because the people who were originally thinking about trying the PS+ edition and then maybe buying the game are going to be a lot more apprehensive about purchasing now, given all the issues they've seen. Offering some free DLC (Which may not cost anything if it brings in sales they might have lost) would be a good way of making amends from the issues.

Contrary to a lot of the reviews. People on GAF seem to be enjoying the game and I'm still excited to check it out despite the issues it has had.

I think at best they should just offer a free car pack to all users of the game because you certainly wouldn't want to give the digital buyers a bonus perk, but ignore the people who ran out and grabbed the game at brick and mortar stores.

One reason it's important to go about doing this is because the people who were originally thinking about trying the PS+ edition and then maybe buying the game are going to be a lot more apprehensive about purchasing now, given all the issues they've seen. Offering some free DLC (Which may not cost anything if it brings in sales they might have lost) would be a good way of making amends from the issues.

Contrary to a lot of the reviews. People on GAF seem to be enjoying the game and I'm still excited to check it out despite the issues it has had.
Oh, no doubt. I believe the people who bought the full game should be compensated in some way as well - the main reason I singled out the PS+ edition as needing to be compensated is because at least the people who bought the game get to play the SP. And yes I realize that rewarding the "free" purchasers seems weird but it is a part of a service that we all pay for and something I know most Plus subscribers were most looking forward to this year.

But yeah, I'm still very interested in the game as well. Just having to wait a bit longer than expected.

Actually I'm lying on life-support as we speak. Doctors say my only chance of survival hangs upon news of compensation from Sony for Drive Club server issues.  :-({|=

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="12150472" timestamp="1412905112"]Yet another unnecessary comment from you[/quote]
And this was?

Can the PS4 play PS3 games bought from the PS Store? More specifically, if I bought a PS4 and then the PS3 download of NCAA Football 14, would I be able to play it? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a definate answer for this.

everyone should give pix the cat a go. its on ps+ for free. hard but addictive. basically the game snake and pac-man championship DX had a baby. the nostalgia mode is really cool as well.

Can the PS4 play PS3 games bought from the PS Store? More specifically, if I bought a PS4 and then the PS3 download of NCAA Football 14, would I be able to play it? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a definate answer for this.

No.

everyone should give pix the cat a go. its on ps+ for free. hard but addictive. basically the game snake and pac-man championship DX had a baby. the nostalgia mode is really cool as well.
See, I will give any game a shot. I even really wanted to like that game... But I hate it. I also have no idea why they think $17 is a good price for it either.

No.

See, I will give any game a shot. I even really wanted to like that game... But I hate it. I also have no idea why they think $17 is a good price for it either.
I have no idea why they think most of their prices are good ones. I bought Rogue Legacy at full price... Fun game that should probably be about 5 bucks cheaper

The pricing for digital games seems to be on the rise, and Im not really sure as to the reason why. How is a game that released more than a year ago on the PC cost more (even with PS+ discount) than it was brand new when it came out on PC?

IIRC, people remarked when indie games were starting to hit the $10 mark a year or two after the 360/PS3 hit. This always came up in podcasts at least. Now they are nearing $20, and the only people I see saying anything are on forums. Nobody in the industry seems to notice or care.

EA Taking shots at Ubisoft.

(Edit) I guess Twitter links don't show up on CAG?

Anyway here's what they said below.

Dragon Age ‏@dragonage 
22 seconds ago

Confirmed: #DAI resolution is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on Xbox One. We maximized the current potential of each platform.

EA Taking shots at Ubisoft.

(Edit) I guess Twitter links don't show up on CAG?

Anyway here's what they said below.

Dragon Age ‏@dragonage
22 seconds ago

Confirmed: #DAI resolution is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on Xbox One. We maximized the current potential of each platform.
That's hilarious! And while it may have been informative, it was most definitely a shot taken at Ubi.

It's not totally clear but I can see how it could be taken as a jab.  I hope it gets more attention because the fan backlash will be a nice way for the gaming community to thumb their nose at the AC series after Ubi decided to stick the middle finger at us.  Based on the recent apology, I haven't been on places like GAF for awhile but I can imagine gamers are ripping them all over the internet.

It's not totally clear but I can see how it could be taken as a jab. I hope it gets more attention because the fan backlash will be a nice way for the gaming community to thumb their nose at the AC series after Ubi decided to stick the middle finger at us. Based on the recent apology, I haven't been on places like GAF for awhile but I can imagine gamers are ripping them all over the internet.
1.4k retweets as of right now. You can't buy any better publicity for your title coming out during such a crowded November.

1.4k retweets as of right now. You can't buy any better publicity for your title coming out during such a crowded November.
Count me in as one of the retweets then. DA2 was disappointing. I'm willing to give DA:I a chance but not sure if it's a Day 1 buy for me. Holiday release schedule = brutal on the cag time and wallet.

bread's done
Back