PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Nice collection of games, I see you have The Crew sitting there. That's my next game after I finish Final Fantasy Type-0 which I hope to finish The Crew before The Witcher comes out which I also have pre ordered (thanks Best Buy for GCU and $10 cert), but from what I read the crew is like a 100 hour plat.. Then The Witcher is probably a 200 hour plat.. looks like that will take me to e3..
It's 200 hours just to 100%... that doesn't take into account the trophy for playing the perma-death difficulty... probably more than that to play it.

Saw this on toasty's twitter and I feel like this face plate design is way better than the official we're gettin haha

2yozb48.jpg

Saw this on toasty's twitter and I feel like this face plate design is way better than the official we're gettin haha

2yozb48.jpg
Not a fan of half the console being white. I think my favorite console so far is the Metal Gear maroon colored one, but I still think they are going to have an incredible Star Wars themed one that will probably blow them all away.

Not a fan of half the console being white. I think my favorite console so far is the Metal Gear maroon colored one, but I still think they are going to have an incredible Star Wars themed one that will probably blow them all away.
Yeah me either, but I wish Sony would've went for something similar with their Batman faceplate. I feel like the official one is kinda boring, I love that steel grey though. Im looking forward to seeing what they do with Battlefront if there is a LE console.

Wow that's mad Max trailer is sweet. I'm even more excited about that game. Have they announced a release date or window yet for Just Cause? With Mad max coming out in September, maybe Just Cause will release Nov/Dec?

Wow that's mad Max trailer is sweet. I'm even more excited about that game. Have they announced a release date or window yet for Just Cause? With Mad max coming out in September, maybe Just Cause will release Nov/Dec?
two open world Avalanche studios games in one year.... can we say we are blessed as gamers! O:) O:) O:)

Building strongholds and forming alliances sounds a little like state of decay.  Game looks great, hope it turns out as good as it looks.

As for Just Cause 3, I have no excitement for that game because I couldn't get into 2.  So many people like that series though I feel maybe I should give it a second look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to chose games that auto update? My internet got slow all of a suddent and i was wondering why turns out its a warframe patch and i havent even played warframe yet

Building strongholds and forming alliances sounds a little like state of decay. Game looks great, hope it turns out as good as it looks.

As for Just Cause 3, I have no excitement for that game because I couldn't get into 2. So many people like that series though I feel maybe I should give it a second look.
Just Cause 2 didn't really have a great story or anything. It was really just the gameplay that made it really fun. You got rewarded just by causing destruction. You could play the entire game without really using vehicles at all. Seems Just Cause 3 will be even better in that aspect because of the wing suit.

I don't buy chargers.  I just buy a second controller and use the USB cable to charge it while I'm playing so that I can swap them out when my battery is running low.  It takes up less space having a second controller and more importantly makes sure I have one ready at all times.

The past couple of times I reached the point in Resident Evil: Revelations 2 where gameplay recording is forbidden I didn't get that message saying recording has stopped. I wonder if the game update this past week made it so that message doesn't have to come up?

I don't mind if developers block certain parts of their games, but that recording stopped/resumed message is annoying. I'm guessing the Persona 5 anime cut scenes will be blocked. Again, I don't mind them being blocked, but I don't want to see a pop-up message during them.

I haven't found a way to keep the message from popping up before. Even when I disabled all notifications it wasn't a notification that was included. Hopefully Sony gives us the option to block the message, or if developers can block it themselves they'll start to do so.

The past couple of times I reached the point in Resident Evil: Revelations 2 where gameplay recording is forbidden I didn't get that message saying recording has stopped. I wonder if the game update this past week made it so that message doesn't have to come up?

I don't mind if developers block certain parts of their games, but that recording stopped/resumed message is annoying. I'm guessing the Persona 5 anime cut scenes will be blocked. Again, I don't mind them being blocked, but I don't want to see a pop-up message during them.

I haven't found a way to keep the message from popping up before. Even when I disabled all notifications it wasn't a notification that was included. Hopefully Sony gives us the option to block the message, or if developers can block it themselves they'll start to do so.
Push Share, push Options, select Share Settings, select Video Clip Settings, and then uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording.

Sounds like Silent Hills is being cancelled. Incredibly disappointing.

Now that I read more, it looks like Guillermo del Toro is no longer with the project as well as Kojima for obvious reasons. No confirmation on whether it is cancelled or not. If it still gets made, it most likely won't be as good as it could have been.

Who has a crystal ball ready?

My wife asked me today if I'd like a PS4 for my birthday. I have had my PS3 for less than a year and have a pretty sizable backlog of games (both disk and digital). I told her it might be better to wait until Christmas if she wanted to get a PS4. Bad move? Is now actually a pretty good time to buy a PS4? My birthday is in a week and a half (pre-E3). Should I let her pull the trigger? Also, she'd want to trade my PS3 probably which I know not all of the digital content is playable on PS4. Hmmm... What would you do?

My wife asked me today if I'd like a PS4 for my birthday. I have had my PS3 for less than a year and have a pretty sizable backlog of games (both disk and digital). I told her it might be better to wait until Christmas if she wanted to get a PS4. Bad move? Is now actually a pretty good time to buy a PS4? My birthday is in a week and a half (pre-E3). Should I let her pull the trigger? Also, she'd want to trade my PS3 probably which I know not all of the digital content is playable on PS4. Hmmm... What would you do?
wait till at least black friday. especially if you have a sizable backlog already

Unless you're chomping at the bit to own one, waiting never hurt anyone.

Besides, between now and the end of the year we could see a price drop.

I'd wait, there is a rumor of a price drop this fall which may or may not happen, but also like 8bitArtist if you already have a backlog and can wait you are going to get a great deal on black Friday.

If you need to trade the PS3 in to get the 4, i would wait. PS3 still has a place IMO. A lot of good games to play.

Price is always going to be better in the future of course. I would not be buying any new titles for the PS3 though. Get through the backlog or at least a good chunk.

Sounds like Silent Hills is being cancelled. Incredibly disappointing.

Now that I read more, it looks like Guillermo del Toro is no longer with the project as well as Kojima for obvious reasons. No confirmation on whether it is cancelled or not. If it still gets made, it most likely won't be as good as it could have been.
I expected this to happen, such a shame. Grab P.T. if you haven't yet, its being removed from the store on the 29th. :cry:

[quote name="Budget Rock" post="12662436" timestamp="1430107687"]Thanks for the advice, folks! I feel pretty good about waiting. Unless they add backwards compatibility I'll probably hold onto the PS3 too.[/quote]
Just going to throw some different perspective your way: if there is a price drop, it's going to be at most $100. Is 6 - 8 months of waiting worth that much to you? For me, it's not. But it all comes down to the person. I never would recommend trading in your old console though.

Just going to throw some different perspective your way: if there is a price drop, it's going to be at most $100. Is 6 - 8 months of waiting worth that much to you? For me, it's not. But it all comes down to the person. I never would recommend trading in your old console though.
Good thought; however, I think considering how many PS3 games I need to catch up on that I already own as well as the fact that the PS4 library is still pretty slim pickings, for my taste, at least, I can wait a while no problem.

Soooooo what has everyone been playing? Personally I'm really enjoying Dying Light. I've been doing a lot more side quests rather than main story quests lately. While I thought the game was decent at the beginning, once you get to the second map, it opens up alot more and becomes a much better game. I had planned on rushing through Dying Light and MKX Story mode before The Witcher 3 is released, but I actually want to take my time with Dying Light. Apparently they have some big updates planned also, something like a new map with vehicles. Considering I got the game and season pass for $20(thanks gamestop) and sold the season pass for $20, I'd say i got my money's worth.

Soooooo what has everyone been playing? Personally I'm really enjoying Dying Light. I've been doing a lot more side quests rather than main story quests lately. While I thought the game was decent at the beginning, once you get to the second map, it opens up alot more and becomes a much better game. I had planned on rushing through Dying Light and MKX Story mode before The Witcher 3 is released, but I actually want to take my time with Dying Light. Apparently they have some big updates planned also, something like a new map with vehicles. Considering I got the game and season pass for $20(thanks gamestop) and sold the season pass for $20, I'd say i got my money's worth.
Dying Light was great, had a lot of fun with it. Right now Im playing MKX and MLB, those two will keep me busy until The Witcher 3 drops.

Soooooo what has everyone been playing?
Just finished Type 0, my initial hour or so with the game I hated it, but once I got into the systems and overworld etc I loved it and plat'd it. I'm now going to start The Crew which should take me until The Witcher comes out since I read it's a 100 hour plat.

Just finished Type 0, my initial hour or so with the game I hated it, but once I got into the systems and overworld etc I loved it and plat'd it. I'm now going to start The Crew which should take me until The Witcher comes out since I read it's a 100 hour plat.
I miss having days when I could put 100+ hrs into games. I might get an hour or two of gaming in a night now days. Of course it all depends on the game. Certain games, I just get into a lot more and will dedicate all of my free time towards. I put about 50 hrs into Farcry4 over a two month period. And spent another 10 hrs in a week playing the Yeti DLC. With so many amazing games coming out in the next 5 months plus the games in my backlog, I might not even get to play any of the games releasing this fall.

Seriously though The Witcher 3, Batman, Metal Gear, Mad Max, and possible Until Dawn. It's a great time to be a gamer. Not too mention guitar hero or Rock Band could release in September also. At least with the music games, I'll be able to play those with the kids.

I guess I'm the only one around these parts not excited about Witcher 3...

Anyway, I'm currently playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel with plenty of MLB sprinkled in. Once I finish BL I'll probably go back to RE:R2 or Hardline.

I guess I'm the only one around these parts not excited about Witcher 3...

Anyway, I'm currently playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel with plenty of MLB sprinkled in. Once I finish BL I'll probably go back to RE:R2 or Hardline.
You are definitely in the minority when it comes to The Witcher 3. I've been hyped on the game since it was announced and can't wait for it to come out, the previous games in the series are excellent.

I can't think of anything coming out until Witcher 3 though. :(

You are definitely in the minority when it comes to The Witcher 3. I've been hyped on the game since it was announced and can't wait for it to come out, the previous games in the series are excellent.

I can't think of anything coming out until Witcher 3 though. :(
There's a fine line for open world RPG's for me... Too much, too little and just enough. I prefer the latter two but when there's too much going on I get overwhelmed and become disinterested. It's the main reason I wound up only playing about 5-6 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition, despite enjoying the first two.

There's a fine line for open world RPG's for me... Too much, too little and just enough. I prefer the latter two but when there's too much going on I get overwhelmed and become disinterested. It's the main reason I wound up only playing about 5-6 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition, despite enjoying the first two.
Wow. Your thoughts are just like mine. I love poem works. Red Dead is my favorite. But this world is huge. I think 3x bigger than RDR. But the game looks god. I'm torn. Lol

Wow. Your thoughts are just like mine. I love poem works. Red Dead is my favorite. But this world is huge. I think 3x bigger than RDR. But the game looks god. I'm torn. Lol
Hah, RDR is one of my favorite games that feature an open world and, IMO, is the perfect example of size of world and stuff to do in it.

I hate looking at a mini map only to see arrows pointing in 40 different directions... It's too much and makes the game seem less like fun and more like work.

So I received my PowerA Dualshpck charger today. There's no indicator to show if the controllers are charging or not? I do like how you can dock the controllers without charging them.

Also Just Cause 3 looks absolutely fantastic!

May's PS Plus games revealed! Some decent games. Out of the 6 games, 5 are playable on PS4.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
i already platinumed guacamelee but i might give the championship edition another go. great metroidvania game.

not sure about all the others though. theres no retail game for ps3, which for as long as i can remember is a first.

bread's done
Back