PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

So I received my PowerA Dualshpck charger today. There's no indicator to show if the controllers are charging or not? I do like how you can dock the controllers without charging them.

Also Just Cause 3 looks absolutely fantastic!
Top yellow glows and turns off when done

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't remember back to November last year?

15651171771_703b725127_z.jpg
you honestly expect me to rattle off every game thats been offered in the last 5 months?

i had no interest in that frozen game but since its $25, i assumed it was a retail game.

Thinking about selling my Vita. 

Any reason I should keep it? I don't play it as much as I used to. I'm a huge RPG fan, but it seems like the RPGs have been ( I've played the big ones already ) meh for it or they are rehashed games.

Anybody planning a Cinco De Mayo PS4 (or Xbox One) video gaming day? I am as I plan to only play games with a Mexican theme or levels with such a theme. I have Guacamelee!, Grim Fandango and Rayman Legends on tap.

Sweet! Just won a auction on eBay for a complete set of the Cards from PSX! $30 for them, I've seen them normally sell around $60-$120. I was extremely jealous when they were announced at the opening Keynote for PSX. Now that I will be waiting a few days for them to arrive, I need to find a awesome way to display them. Maybe put them in a poster frame, if I can figure out how to keep them from moving. I could then hang it on the wall.

On a side note, I'm finishing up Dying Light now, just have a few main quests to finish. Didn't even realize I completed all the side quests until the trophy popped. I might try to go for the platinum but I haven't done co op in the game at all and that's what's holding me back. Any other CAGs out there with Dying Light? Maybe we could get the co op trophies together? Or maybe someone with the trophies already, wouldn't mind helping out?

I wonder when North America is going to get the Magma Red DS4. Shuhei said that they would be coming "shortly" after launch, but it's been a year and half now...

So I was wondering today. Since Sony announced they won't be at Gamescom, we should be getting a lot of updates on games at e3. There's a lot of games that are known to be in development, even a bunch already revealed. Hopefully at E3, we will receive updates/release dates for Rime, The Witness, Wild, The Forest, Killing Floor 2, No Mans Sky, Gureillas Game(was thought to be announced last E3), and plenty more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony release more games and/or demos/betas during their conference. Also I'm thinking they'll show off a PS4 Exclusive mission/feature for MGS. These aren't my final predictions and I could be completely wrong, but I could see them doing all or most of the above things. Also a lot of people complained last year about the slow time when they talked about Powers and PSTV. I look for them to spend more time on Games and Project Morpheus.

Personally I think Sony did a much better job with the Opening Keynote of PSX then E3 last year. Their E3 Presser was pretty good but it left more to be desired. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more Uncharted gameplay as well.

They are doing a conference in France on Oct 27th that is replacing the one at GamesCom.. they will still have a presence at GamesCom just not a conference.

Wow have you guys seen Ark yet? Games like that make Project Morpheus so exciting for me. Being able to run around an open world with other players and dinosaurs that are rideable. Hope to see more reveals like this and not just tech demos that feel like gimmicks. The tech demo called The Heist actually seemed pretty sweet also. Being able to pick up objects like the diamond and gun, which you could load yourself.

I had downloaded P.T. to my PS4 console before and now I have a question about access to the demo file. Would it be possible for a secondary PSN account added onto my console to have access to the demo file? Or would it only be accessible through my primary PSN account? If I could sell off my system to pay for the Batman LE I'll do it. I'd rather opt for the MGS V themed console if I could but Kojima would rather play with our hearts this way. What would happen to the file if I were to delete my primary account from the ps4? I know you can access files across multiple users on the PS3 but I wasn't sure if that changed on the PS4. Thanks in advance.

Hello guys I want to buy a new headset for the PS4, I'M Between the Turtle Beach Px4 and Hyperx Cloud II? Which one will be better? Thanks

Yeah same time it's been for years, but it does seem about a week later than usual. Anyway can't wait for the show and hoping for some surprises and no 30 minute powers segments. :)
Yea I agree, Sony's Presser last year had a great start & finish. The middle part was kind of deflating though. The whole Powers/PSTV/R&C Movie slowed things down a bit. Also with the new head, Shawn Layden, on stage, it wasn't as good as Jack Trenton. IMO Trenton was a great speaker and he seems to be able to connect with the consumers much better. Sort of like what Xbox is doing with Phil Spencer.

Yeah same time it's been for years, but it does seem about a week later than usual. Anyway can't wait for the show and hoping for some surprises and no 30 minute powers segments. :)
Powers Season 2!

No, I hope we get to see Fallout 4 and Street Fighter V. The Mortal Kombat games are good but it has never been quite as good as Street Fighter and Street Fighter V so far looks really good!

Is there a way to transfer data from the PS4's HDD to a new HDD (by placing it in an external enclosure or something)? Or is the only way to back up saves/re-download/re-install everything? 

Is there a way to transfer data from the PS4's HDD to a new HDD (by placing it in an external enclosure or something)? Or is the only way to back up saves/re-download/re-install everything?
I believe the latest firmware added a data migration tool, it'll basically back up the hard drive to an external, and once the hard drive is replaced you can then restore the data.

Edit: here's the official guide:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

It takes a long time to back up. Especially if you have a lot of games. Ymmv if you'd rather wait to backup or re download. I choose to re download. Saves were backed up via the cloud.

I believe the latest firmware added a data migration tool, it'll basically back up the hard drive to an external, and once the hard drive is replaced you can then restore the data.

Edit: here's the official guide:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd
Awesome, thank you!

Wish the PS3 had something like this.

It takes a long time to back up. Especially if you have a lot of games. Ymmv if you'd rather wait to backup or re download. I choose to re download. Saves were backed up via the cloud.
I only have 2 full digital games (LoU Remaster and DoA), some smaller PSN games, a few disc based game installs and a few videos/demos. It's not much but my HDD is already down to like 80GB left. I guess I'll give it a test run and see what works faster, either my USB3 external or re-downloading everything (only have a 25mbps down connection, not the fastest).

Awesome, thank you!

Wish the PS3 had something like this.

I only have 2 full digital games (LoU Remaster and DoA), some smaller PSN games, a few disc based game installs and a few videos/demos. It's not much but my HDD is already down to like 80GB left. I guess I'll give it a test run and see what works faster, either my USB3 external or re-downloading everything (only have a 25mbps down connection, not the fastest).
In hear ya. I wasn't using a use 3.0 device so that very well could have been my issue. I only had a few digital games at the time like yourself. I curios how fast that would go with 3.0. Please report back.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if a Motorola bluetooth keyboard (SJYN0724A) works with PS4?

I bought a brand new one at a garage sale last week for $2. (I don't own a PS4 yet, but I will keep the keyboard if it would work).

Does anyone know if a Motorola bluetooth keyboard (SJYN0724A) works with PS4?

I bought a brand new one at a garage sale last week for $2. (I don't own a PS4 yet, but I will keep the keyboard if it would work).
I mean, it should. I know Bluetooth keyboards are supported and I don't know of any brands that wouldn't work... There's only one way to be sure but I would think it should work just fine.

Cool. Hopefully the theater will be closer to my home this time around.
Mine was only a hour away but I might pass this year. The fact that they announced the time tickets go on early, it's probably going to sell out even faster. I visit the blog daily and personally think it should have been like last year. First come first serve. It was great to be with all the PS fans, the free stuff wasn't too great, and the feed was kind of laggy. Last year I hung out with a friend and watched all the pressers then we went to the theater. This year I might just sit a home. Watch the conferences on my ps4/xboxone and bring up multiple gaming sites on my ipad. Either way, e3 is my favorite time of the year, I'm sure I'll enjoy.

If anyone cares, I started a e3 thread under the General Gaming forum. That way we can discuss all things e3. I Wikied the OP so if anyone wants to help add any new info during e3, that'd be great. I'd like to keep it up to date as possible. And might add sections dedicated to each conference and all the announced games and info.

We didn't get any food and the gifts were meh. It was just fun to watch it in the theater with people who have the same interest as you.

Quick question for anyone with more then one PS4. I've had mine since launch and my son really wants his own. I have the Batman one on preorder and it releases a week before his bday, so I'm considering either giving him the batman one or mine, and keeping the Batman one for myself. I might just cancel my preorder also. Anyways if I had two ps4s, could I have my digital titles on both systems? And if I did, could we both play the same game at the same time? Mainly talking about all the Plus titles I've acquired since launch and a few others. If I logged on his system as my second and he logged into his account and played my game, could I go on my main ps4 and still play my games?

Also would he have online access that way?

Quick question for anyone with more then one PS4. I've had mine since launch and my son really wants his own. I have the Batman one on preorder and it releases a week before his bday, so I'm considering either giving him the batman one or mine, and keeping the Batman one for myself. I might just cancel my preorder also. Anyways if I had two ps4s, could I have my digital titles on both systems? And if I did, could we both play the same game at the same time? Mainly talking about all the Plus titles I've acquired since launch and a few others. If I logged on his system as my second and he logged into his account and played my game, could I go on my main ps4 and still play my games?

Also would he have online access that way?
Yes, with the exception that you can't be logged online under the same PSN ID at the same time. What you're looking at is essentially a gamesharing scenario. You can have two ps4s run your digital game at the same time without having to buy it twice. To redownload it on the second ps4, you'll need to add your original PSN ID and download it through your history. The caveat is you'll need to make a separate PSN ID if you both want to be able to play it online at the same time.

You can refer to the gamesharing thread for more details as I might be a little hazy on the details as I used to gameshare a lot more in the past.

So basically if I sign into my account on his PS4 once and download all my games. Then create him a ID and he only signs in under his. It won't effect me playing on my system at all right? Also since my account is on his system will he be able to use the online features? Or will he need PS+ also?

From my understanding, as long as one account has Plus, all accounts on the system can be online?

Not anymore. It may work for awhile but at some point all games downloaded to a system from someone else's account will become unplayable
He is making his account primary on his sons ps4. He buys all digital content on his main. He then plays his account on his ps4 as a secondary. All trophies are linked to his account. The son then plays under his own account as primary and enjoys all of his dad's digital content while gathering his own trophies.

So basically if I sign into my account on his PS4 once and download all my games. Then create him a ID and he only signs in under his. It won't effect me playing on my system at all right? Also since my account is on his system will he be able to use the online features? Or will he need PS+ also?

From my understanding, as long as one account has Plus, all accounts on the system can be online?
You have to make your account primary on his ps4 to allow him access. On your ps4 you would log in as a secondary. You are not logged in on his ps4 so it all works. You have plus only on your account on your ps4. Your son has plus via your account on his ps4.

You have to make your account primary on his ps4 to allow him access. On your ps4 you would log in as a secondary. You are not logged in on his ps4 so it all works. You have plus only on your account on your ps4. Your son has plus via your account on his ps4 and access to all your games you buy digitally.

This thread really seemed to die out. Everyone spending time with The Witcher?

Until Dawn officially releases August 25th. I remember that being the rumored release. Personally the game screams Oct/Halloween to me and I'm surprised they didn't wait until then to release it. Maybe they will have some sort of DLC release around then?

On The Witcher 3 side of things, I'm currently level 4 and just started playing as Ciri. My first few hours in the game, while impressed, I was really underwhelmed. After leaving White Orchard, I realized that I was only in the prologue the whole time. This game is HUGE!

This thread really seemed to die out. Everyone spending time with The Witcher?

Until Dawn officially releases August 25th. I remember that being the rumored release. Personally the game screams Oct/Halloween to me and I'm surprised they didn't wait until then to release it. Maybe they will have some sort of DLC release around then?

On The Witcher 3 side of things, I'm currently level 4 and just started playing as Ciri. My first few hours in the game, while impressed, I was really underwhelmed. After leaving White Orchard, I realized that I was only in the prologue the whole time. This game is HUGE!
Playing as Ciri is awesome, I really hope they make an expansion or game around her, love how she teleports for dodge, oh and she kicks ass too. I love this game, I'm level 9, just finished the witch friends with benefits branch and it was so cool. I really like that it continues to add new gameplay elements to it, don't want to spoil anything so won't name them, but the game is incredible. I will likely buy the season pass.

Edit: Patch 1.03 just released fixing several bugs.

if there arent any real games getting released, whats there to really talk about? haha.

anyone who bought witcher will talk about witcher in the witcher thread (unless youre starmask).

with E3 in a few weeks, itll pick back up.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Witcher 3. The game looks amazing but Witcher 2 didn't do much for me. For reference sake the only game I have ever gotten 100 percent completion on is Skyrim and that includes all the DLC.

So I guess i'm asking if it moved more toward the Skyrim formula or is it very similar to the Witcher 2?

bread's done
Back