PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

No Man's Sky Is looking good, but he was too busy playing to do a good job a presenting. Might have been better off having someone else play and himself focused on talking about it.

I noticed it said "Console Debut". I wonder if that means it'll launch on the PC alongside the PS4 version with presumably an Xbox One version down the road.

No Man's Sky Is looking good, but he was too busy playing to do a good job a presenting. Might have been better off having someone else play and himself focused on talking about it.

I noticed it said "Console Debut". I wonder if that means it'll launch on the PC alongside the PS4 version with presumably an Xbox One version down the road.
most likely

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12747269" timestamp="1434419392"]Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced no Gameplay but the trailer looked sweet. Will release first on PS4.[/quote]

Sony wins e3 already!!! Damn! Excited for that remake! That will sell like pancakes and more! Nyahhaha!

what shenmue  3?

shenmue 3 announcement e3 kickstarter trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbaiwW_LVE0

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who didn't love this conference?  Last Guardian and Horizon looked good but Media Molecules sucked, Arkham Knight made no sense since its out next week and ending on UC4 instead of something new?

Am I the only one who didn't love this conference? Last Guardian and Horizon looked good but Media Molecules sucked, Arkham Knight made no sense since its out next week and ending on UC4 instead of something new?
i would say it was avg compared their last two shows.

Great conference. Definitely the best one of E3 which sounds hard to say since Bethesda and then Ubisoft both had pretty great conferences. I'd say 8/10 in my book.

-Horizon: Zero Dawn Looks like an incredible new IP and I'm really excited to see more of it.

-No Man's Sky Looked great, but I'm starting to think the only thing you really do is explore which may get repetitive.

-Final Fantasy 7 Remaster News was awesome, but no game-play trailer or release date was given and it isn't exclusive.

-I'm not feeling the hype for The Last Guardian. Graphically it looked unimpressive and it looked like a scripted on-rail kind of game.

-Black Ops 3 Looks really good. I crap on Call of Duty every year, but I end up buying it again and again every year....

-New Media Molecure Game sounds interesting, but no game-play makes it hard to judge.

-Uncharted 4 Looks good, but I wanted to see Uncharted Collection instead since U4 isn't out this year.

On a side note I'm also very disappointed that they didn't announce anything related to PSN Name Changes. I feel like it'll never happen at this point given how quiet they've been about it.

(Edit) Fixed rating and added UC4.

Crazy good conference, Im super excited for Horizon!! it looked amazing. Media Molecule was the only letdown for me, I have no idea what they are going for with their new game.

l.g was expect sooner or later in my mind and same with ff7 which seems to be timed for ps4.  i kind of wish cod would stop the dlc month early stuff i even did not agree with it on ms side. that size of fanbase should not suffer because activision really don't need that money.

Nothing for ps vita or playstation tv. Guess it means that platform is on its path to a silent death just like move. Was there any game announced exclusively for playstation releasing in 2015? Felt like everything is 2016 onwards.

I was disappointed. Not enough exclusives. Horizon looked great. Last Guardian was decent looking. Beyond that, the most exciting thing for me was Hitman. But that'll be on Xbox One too.

No Man's Sky didn't show anything really new that hadn't been shown before by them. All in all, meh.

Nothing for ps vita or playstation tv. Guess it means that platform is on its path to a silent death just like move. Was there any game announced exclusively for playstation releasing in 2015? Felt like everything is 2016 onwards.
They actually had a small montage for the Vita, if you blinked you missed it.

I just wanted to echo the thoughts on Horizon, the most impressive and interesting game that came out of this conference. Really looking forward to hearing more about it!

[quote name="Pliskin" post="12747444" timestamp="1434422516"]Crazy good conference, Im super excited for Horizon!! it looked amazing. Media Molecule was the only letdown for me, I have no idea what they are going for with their new game.[/quote]

Yeah dreams seems like its more like a movie maker than anything else. Dont think itll appeal to casual gamers at all. Horizon looked amazing but you can definitely see it still needs alot of polishing.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12747465" timestamp="1434422737"]They actually had a small montage for the Vita, if you blinked you missed it.[/quote]

Was it during the beginning? Must have missed it! Came home only got to see last guardian onwards. Hehe! Have to rewatch it then.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="12747491" timestamp="1434423029"]sony is hoping the dlc deal for cod will help them this holiday it's shocking how little ps only games are out this year but 2016 looks great[/quote]

Thats what i noticed to. No 2015 exclusive games for ps4. Mostly timed exclusive. Sheesh! This should have been the best time to hammer on MS some more. With backwards compatibility announced this morning, xbox will somehow get some more units out this 2015 than playstation.

Uncharted and Horizon trailers for those who missed it or want to rewatch. :bouncy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL46dpNEPPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

I'm surprised no one mentioned this mini bomb:

PS4 will have a firmware update tonight that will make DLNA possible.

Apparently it was announced just before the show started.

Thats what i noticed to. No 2015 exclusive games for ps4. Mostly timed exclusive. Sheesh! This should have been the best time to hammer on MS some more. With backwards compatibility announced this morning, xbox will somehow get some more units out this 2015 than playstation.
I'm kinda thankful for that, well my wallet is...

That was a huge unexpected megaton for MS, it really saved their conference. I thought the trailers for Gears 4 and TR were terrible.
I don't know, if people do get excited about the Backwards Compatible thing, they might be in for a let down. I was excited to try it, until I seen the list of 14 games available.

Pretty disappointing conference for me. If it was 10 years ago I'd been pretty excited for a FF VII remake announcement but now I don't really care as much. I'll buy it day one for sure but its not something that excites me anymore. I'm far more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 since it will be two generations since the last mainline game so I'm expecting the game to blow me away.  No Man Sky and SF V look great but it doesn't look like either game will be out this year. I don't care about the other games.  Doesn't Sony have a new game by Ninja Theory that was teased at last years E3? Surprised they didn't show or mention that.

That was a huge unexpected megaton for MS, it really saved their conference. I thought the trailers for Gears 4 and TR were terrible.
Yeah they were both bad trailers. The Gears 4 trailer was so dark I thought it had a crushed black problem and they picked the wrong segment to show off Tomb Raider.

I don't know, if people do get excited about the Backwards Compatible thing, they might be in for a let down. I was excited to try it, until I seen the list of 14 games available.
Well it hasn't officially launched and it is in that testing phase, but go ahead and complain about the lack of games anyway. It should be noted that Microsoft said there's no work to make a game BC compatible and they just need the Publisher to sign off on a game before they flip the switch.

Microsoft hololens presentation was pretty impressive, way better than Sony Morpheus presentation. I thought overall Sony E3 presentation was better than Microsoft though. They show the better games and announcement. Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, Shenmue, Street Fighter, and Uncharted 4 presentation was way more awesome than the games shown by Microsoft. Uncharted 4 looks incredible. Saw it in the theater and I saw all the graphical effect it had.

Well it hasn't officially launched and it is in that testing phase, but go ahead and complain about the lack of games anyway. It should be noted that Microsoft said there's no work to make a game BC compatible and they just need the Publisher to sign off on a game before they flip the switch.
I wasn't really complaining. Personally who buys a new console and wants to play the old games? I was purely excited to check out how it worked. Considering when the console launched they said it wasn't possible to have BC and now all of a sudden easily possibleine

On topic of the Sony Conference: While Uncharted looked amazing, they should have opened with it and closed with The Last Guardian.

I really don't see what is so great about TLG but that's just me.

BC is really nice to have but its not a main selling point imo. People complain about remasters and that they want new games but suddenly being able to play old games on a new system is a huge deal.

Final fantasy 7 announcement was the highlight of the show for me! But im betting the game will not release until 2017 which will mark its 20th year anniversary. Gameplay vid will probably pop out early 2016 or something. I think square has been working on this remake for the longest time and was just waiting for a more capable hardware to run it to give justice to a remake.

Final fantasy 7 announcement was the highlight of the show for me! But im betting the game will not release until 2017 which will mark its 20th year anniversary. Gameplay vid will probably pop out early 2016 or something. I think square has been working on this remake for the longest time and was just waiting for a more capable hardware to run it to give justice to a remake.
They just started development on FFVII. It is expected to release 2018.

bread's done
Back