PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I am getting so freaking excited for these releases! 

Both consoles paid off! Extra controller for each! About 4-5 games!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-4-bundle-with-killzone-shadow-fall-game-12-month-subscription/9999206700050000.p?id=pcmprd205600050000&skuId=9999206700050000

Currently available for In Store Pick-Up Only. Says available in 7-10 days.  Not sure if this guarantees you a Launch Edition or not but I would say this is your best opportunity to get one without standing in line at this point.  Good Luck!

P.S. - It is only this bundle.  PS4 Standalone is not available for In-Store Pick-Up.

Well that was quick. It allows you to attempt to add it to the cart now but just says cart is empty. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey this has already been discussed already but does anyone have any recommendations for a headset for the PS4? I was going to get one of Sony's Pulse Elite ones over Black Friday or something but I've been told they aren't going to be compatible with the PS4 at launch. I just awnt to get something so I won't keep my roommates up if I'm playing late.

Should I trade GTAV in at Amazon for the $30 credit?
If you're referring to the controller promo then I would do it and then pick it up again down the line. That's what I did with The Last of Us, I traded it in for $33 and re-bought it used for $30 off CL. Such an awesome promo from amazon.

At least those are kinda reasonable lol

Hey this has already been discussed already but does anyone have any recommendations for a headset for the PS4? I was going to get one of Sony's Pulse Elite ones over Black Friday or something but I've been told they aren't going to be compatible with the PS4 at launch. I just awnt to get something so I won't keep my roommates up if I'm playing late.
Wait until 2014 if you really want one.

Dualshock 4 has a headset jack similar to the 360 controller, but it's a standard size instead of proprietary. Elites have line in and will be able to get game sound through the controller at launch. They MAY be able to do voice chat -- they work corded to my Vita -- but I don't think that's been confirmed. And they'll be updated to work with WiFi at a later date. If that's a no go for you, there'll be some PS4 compatible TB's and Astro's at launch.

FWIW, I have the Elites and actually like them better than PX5's. 5's sounded a bit better, but Elites are a lot more comfortable and I like the integrated mic. Boom mic looks dumb :whistle2:(

i would love for best buy to open up pre orders again im thinking of getting a ps4 instead of x1 seeing people i game with is not getting x1 right away.

Sony has said they aim to have units available for non-preorders. So you may have to do the wait in line thing,but i'm sure best buy/walmart/target will have extra units for sale.

Sell it on Ebay! If no-one buys it you can always return it to Amazon to get your money back.
With the inflated prices i'd be very scared of a chargeback headed your way in a month or two, or someone claiming you sent a box of rocks.

If someone has a preorder from Amazon that is GUARANTEED and is looking to dump it off id be willing to pay for it.. Although im not sure how the whole process would work id love to receive it on day of launch instead of having to drive around town trying to find it as ill be working late and im sure my chances would be slim. Just let me know and maybe we can work something out. 

Has anyone been charged for their Sams Club PS4 orders (from the recent order opening) or the recent Gamestop Xbox One Bundle order opening?

I got in on both of those and still have not been charged for either. I would have figured both of these companies would charge when the order went through, but I could be wrong.

Are the colored DS4s still coming at launch? Want to use that Amazon promo on a red one but it's odd they don't have a preorder up for it unless it's been delayed.

is it pretty much expected that bestbuy/gamestop will only fufill preorders at the midnight launch? I couldn't decide which console to get so I've missed out on preordering.
Store manager told someone yesterday they would be getting a few for first come first serve in addition to the pre-orders but he wouldn't know how many until they got them. Sounded like that would be all stores.

The red and blue DS4s were never going to be availabe at launch in the US.  From IGN's PS4 wiki: "Two alternate versions of the Dualshock 4 were revealed during Gamescom 2013. These are the Magma Red and Wave Blue colours. They will be available in Europe at launch and North America "later this year".

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-4-bundle-with-killzone-shadow-fall-game-12-month-subscription/9999206700050000.p?id=pcmprd205600050000&skuId=9999206700050000

Currently available for In Store Pick-Up Only. Says available in 7-10 days. Not sure if this guarantees you a Launch Edition or not but I would say this is your best opportunity to get one without standing in line at this point. Good Luck!

P.S. - It is only this bundle. PS4 Standalone is not available for In-Store Pick-Up.

Well that was quick. It allows you to attempt to add it to the cart now but just says cart is empty. :(

it was like that a few days ago.

Turtle Beach PX4 is the launch headset for the PS4 and it looks pretty nice. It's about $150, and I've been thinking of getting one myself but haven't decided yet.

Bummer, I placed an order for a DS4 but Amazon says they're out of stock now. You can still buy them, however. I'm wondering if they are just talking to Sony about when they can ship them since Gamestop already let so many out into the wild.

The red and blue DS4s were never going to be availabe at launch in the US. From IGN's PS4 wiki: "Two alternate versions of the Dualshock 4 were revealed during Gamescom 2013. These are the Magma Red and Wave Blue colours. They will be available in Europe at launch and North America "later this year".
Well that's dumb, thought I read otherwise while trying to find an answer to it but guess that was probably wrong. Would be nice if Amazon would at least put the preorders up though so I could use the promo on it.

Well Walmart confirmed that they are supposed to hold pre order systems for you. With your name and info. At least my store seems to kind of know what they are doing. Smaller, more idiot staffed ones may not though.

Trying to decide if I should trade in my red Super Slim GoW PS3. I love the thing, but hate that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. I rarely game on it anymore, but it is still such a beautiful system.

I may trade it in and pick up another PS3 on black Friday. Thoughts anyone?

Trying to decide if I should trade in my red Super Slim GoW PS3. I love the thing, but hate that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. I rarely game on it anymore, but it is still such a beautiful system.

I may trade it in and pick up another PS3 on black Friday. Thoughts anyone?
Depends on if you could come out ahead. I think there will be some great stuff on PS+ for PS3 once the PS4 comes out. The BF bundle this year is quite good too, but it's up to you

meh, i would just keep almost any console. I don't see a reason in selling them. They never really drop that far below their original price, especially this late in the lifecycle. People will be selling PS3s for $100 for the next 3-4 years just because of the blu ray and media capabilities.

So what games are people buying?

I'm getting Killzone, and maybe knack depending on reviews. If not knack then Probably need for speed if it gets good reviews. I have a $50 sony store gift card to use so i want to get a second game.

I'll be playing BF4 and AC4 on PC, probably the same with watch dogs. 

That's the weird thing about having built a PC last summer. It will still run games better with more features than PS4 multiplatform games. 

Need for Speed is a different thing because the PC versions of those games dry up and die very quickly. I got Most Wanted on PC and almost nobody played it ever. I was really looking forward to driveclub, shame it got delayed.

I might still get BF4 on PS4 if there's a good sale running at some point because friends will be playing it on there.

I just cancelled my Call of Duty Ghosts PS4 pre-order from newegg. That game looks like garbage on next gen. I was expecting at least some kind of upgrade from 360 visuals. Plus I've been enjoying the BF4 beta so much that I just won't have time or desire to play Call of Duty much at all this year.

Last edited:
The PS4 comes with a basic headset, so just use that till you can use the Pulse Elite.

I'm definitely picking up Killzone and have enough in my budget for another game at launch.

I'm deciding between AC4, BF4 and possibly Knack... it seems like Battlefield and AC series generally experience quick price drops so I may wait on those. Any thoughts on what will see quickest price drops?

I'm definitely picking up Killzone and have enough in my budget for another game at launch.

I'm deciding between AC4, BF4 and possibly Knack... it seems like Battlefield and AC series generally experience quick price drops so I may wait on those. Any thoughts on what will see quickest price drops?
BF 4 is semiconfirmed to be $30 on Black Friday, so if you don't mind the horrible upgrade program, then you can get the PS4 version for $40 then.

I think AC4 is confirmed to be around that and will most likely drop pretty fast.

Knack has the least steam among all the PlayStation 4 games (sports games excluded) and I think most people assume it's going to be a Plus title.

So it will be something like...

With upgrades, AC 4 or BF 4 will drop the fastest. Most likely AC 4, since Ubisoft can never hold value. In terms of straight up PS4 titles, then my money is on Knack.

I'll be playing BF4 and AC4 on PC, probably the same with watch dogs.

That's the weird thing about having built a PC last summer. It will still run games better with more features than PS4 multiplatform games.

Need for Speed is a different thing because the PC versions of those games dry up and die very quickly. I got Most Wanted on PC and almost nobody played it ever. I was really looking forward to driveclub, shame it got delayed.

I might still get BF4 on PS4 if there's a good sale running at some point because friends will be playing it on there.

I just cancelled my Call of Duty Ghosts PS4 pre-order from newegg. That game looks like garbage on next gen. I was expecting at least some kind of upgrade from 360 visuals. Plus I've been enjoying the BF4 beta so much that I just won't have time or desire to play Call of Duty much at all this year.
Lol Ubisoft games on PC. They've been a mess for some time now, I know the previous AC games pretty much required a controller cause I couldn't for the life of me bear using the M/KB

I'll be getting Killzone Shadow Fall, and Assassins Creed 4. Not much more at launch that interests me, i'm going to pay off preorders for Destiny, and Infamous for the spring and we'll see when Watch Dogs gets an announcement for the new release date.

I've been having a tough time deciding whether or not to keep my PS4 or sell it when I get it. I have 1,000's of games I'll never get to play and a huge backlog of newer games as well as all the great upcoming wii u games which are more exciting to me than anything I see on the horizon for PS4. Basically the most exciting game to me for PS4 right now is resogun. Sony has been good to me so I'll probably keep the PS4 but will have to find a good cheap HDMI selector since my TV only has one hdmi input and it's being used for the Wii U which in turn the audio out from the tv is going to my surround sound so I need a HDMI switch that passes the audio signals as well. Maybe all of them do I just don't know and any help will be appreciated.

BF 4 is semiconfirmed to be $30 on Black Friday, so if you don't mind the horrible upgrade program, then you can get the PS4 version for $40 then.

I think AC4 is confirmed to be around that and will most likely drop pretty fast.

Knack has the least steam among all the PlayStation 4 games (sports games excluded) and I think most people assume it's going to be a Plus title.

So it will be something like...

With upgrades, AC 4 or BF 4 will drop the fastest. Most likely AC 4, since Ubisoft can never hold value. In terms of straight up PS4 titles, then my money is on Knack.
Knack is really starting to pick up steam the more people see of it. I wasn't too high on it until I saw a lot of the latest gameplay and heard that it's actually a bit challenging. I went ahead and preordered it after that.

Also it might be an error, but BB is listing Knack and Killzone as 11/8 release date titles, which is a bit interesting.

It's not worth it to sell them for those prices anyways. If they sell for $95, you're only making about $10 after paying ebay and paypal fees, shipping, packaging, and tax on the controller. Doesn't make sense to waste the time and effort for such minimal profit especially when the buyer has all of the power on ebay and can easily screw you over.

Knack is really starting to pick up steam the more people see of it. I wasn't too high on it until I saw a lot of the latest gameplay and heard that it's actually a bit challenging. I went ahead and preordered it after that.

Also it might be an error, but BB is listing Knack and Killzone as 11/8 release date titles, which is a bit interesting.
good chance alot of games will be coming at least the tues before same thing happend wii wii u games.

Sony released some Vita games the week before (only FEB buyers could play them) and it really doesn't make a difference for anyone. Like how I have a DS4, which means I can play it on my PS3 or have it sit there doing nothing.

Lol Ubisoft games on PC. They've been a mess for some time now, I know the previous AC games pretty much required a controller cause I couldn't for the life of me bear using the M/KB
I dunno, I played Far Cry 2, 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and Splinter Cell Blacklist with little to no problems.

I did play AC3 and with a controller. Works fine, as with most games on PC these days using a wired 360 controller works perfectly. Not sure what the issue is with Ubisoft.

Their games are super cheap very quick and they're generally quite good. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorites last year. I'm looking forward to $30/$40 AC4 on pc pretty quickly.

I dunno, I played Far Cry 2, 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and Splinter Cell Blacklist with little to no problems.

I did play AC3 and with a controller. Works fine, as with most games on PC these days using a wired 360 controller works perfectly. Not sure what the issue is with Ubisoft.

Their games are super cheap very quick and they're generally quite good. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorites last year. I'm looking forward to $30/$40 AC4 on pc pretty quickly.
Yeah my mistake I forgot Far Cry 3. But that really is the only exception, I know AC3 had Uplay problems at launch which prevented people from playing for awhile, which ended up driving me crazy. My issue with Ubisoft is they've lost touch with the PC Crowd in favor of consoles, Using a Controller to play AC isn't a problem but it shouldn't be hard for them to take the time to make decent M/KB support. AC4 got delayed significantly over the console versions for no good reason, and their online servers (Atleast from what I've seen) blow. FC3 and AC3 were both huge pains to play online which sucks because it was a huge job for me and a friend to do coop on FC3.

bread's done
Back