PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I'm also looking for a 1080p TV this year.  Target has a 42" LG 1080p LED for $399 and I have some GC's...anybody think we'll see a much better deal than that around Black Friday?

EDIT:  to stay on topic I need a good launch game for my PS4 since Watch Dogs got delayed.  I have preorders for BF4 and Ghosts but I'm not sold on either...anybody have a good recommendation?

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: to stay on topic I need a good launch game for my PS4 since Watch Dogs got delayed. I have preorders for BF4 and Ghosts but I'm not sold on either...anybody have a good recommendation?
I'm trying to find something as well now that Driveclub has been delayed and I'm realizing I really won't have anything to play on it for some time. I'm getting BF4 on PC, won't touch AC4 until it's free on PS+, same with Ghosts, not interested in any of the sports games. Knack looks good but not to be the only game I have on the system. Shadowfall could go either way. Probably leaning towards NFS Rivals at the moment. That or I'll just get Minecraft on PSN and call it a generation.

I'm trying to find something as well now that Driveclub has been delayed and I'm realizing I really won't have anything to play on it for some time. I'm getting BF4 on PC, won't touch AC4 until it's free on PS+, same with Ghosts, not interested in any of the sports games. Knack looks good but not to be the only game I have on the system. Shadowfall could go either way. Probably leaning towards NFS Rivals at the moment. That or I'll just get Minecraft on PSN and call it a generation.

yeah, neither AC or NFS seem worth $60 to me. Knack is a maybe at this point.

If anyone wants to know what your Costco has in stock, and they won't tell you over the phone I need the store number, and what your wanting to know. I can try to look up stock or incoming stock!

Also Costco is still in the gaming market. They are just reworking the way they do things!
Holy Crap dude I'd very much appreciate that. I have no idea how to pull up the stores number from their website though.

I'm also looking for a 1080p TV this year. Target has a 42" LG 1080p LED for $399 and I have some GC's...anybody think we'll see a much better deal than that around Black Friday?

EDIT: to stay on topic I need a good launch game for my PS4 since Watch Dogs got delayed. I have preorders for BF4 and Ghosts but I'm not sold on either...anybody have a good recommendation?
In the xbox thread we bitch about fanboyism, in the playstation we talk tvs.

If you dont care about it brand names, this is what I got my dad for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BXF7I8I/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit

Not the greatest but for $350 its amazing. Thinking about picking one up for the bedroom for myself.

Holy s***. Not sure if it's been mentioned already but apparently Launch PS4 preorders on Amazon are going to include 2 controllers. There's a bunch of people on GameFAQS reporting this. Guess I'll sell the controller I have already on eBay.

Holy s***. Not sure if it's been mentioned already but apparently Launch PS4 preorders on Amazon are going to include 2 controllers. There's a bunch of people on GameFAQS reporting this. Guess I'll sell the controller I have already on eBay.
Uhhh I highly doubt that man. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Battlefield-Launch-Day-Bundle-4/dp/B00DE2W5XG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382924937&sr=8-2&keywords=ps4+console looks like someone is trolling gamefaqs is a useless site.

IT'S TRUE!!!!!! Just chatted with someone one Amazon and he pointed out that the "What's in the Box" section says 2 DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers."

Hell yeah!

I have the $400 launch bundle

IT'S TRUE!!!!!! Just chatted with someone one Amazon and he pointed out that the "What's in the Box" section says 2 DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers."

Hell yeah!

I have the $400 launch bundle
Only if you preorder the DS4 Bundle. Click on the Launch edition and it will only just say DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers.

Yeah it's been on gamefaqs, if you ordered a launch edition on June 10-11 when you click it in your order it takes you to the DS4 bundle and tons of people have double and triple checked with amazon reps and they are stating you will get 2 controllers and that you've been "upgraded". Probably a glitch on amazons part but if you talk to a rep I'm sure you can get them to honor it if they confirm you should be getting 2

Yeah it's been on gamefaqs, if you ordered a launch edition on June 10-11 when you click it in your order it takes you to the DS4 bundle and tons of people have double and triple checked with amazon reps and they are stating you will get 2 controllers and that you've been "upgraded". Probably a glitch on amazons part but if you talk to a rep I'm sure you can get them to honor it if they confirm you should be getting 2
Amazon is just giving DS4s away like candy then.

Interesting. I had the Watchdogs Bundle preorder and was subsequently changed to the "Launch Edition" in my "your orders" tab. But when I click on the link, it takes me to the DS4 Bundle. I might have to check with CS to see what's up with that. I would love a free DS4 for the pain and anguish I suffered from my bundle cancellation (*sarcasm)

Because when they click on their regular launch edition order, it's taking them to the DS4 bundle page and they are contacting amazon stating that it's linking to the DS4 bundle and amazon is telling them that's what they are getting
I didn't order mine until mid-August but it got upgraded to launch edition and showing that as well.

Customer service just told me "It comes with 2 DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers There will be 2." We'll see what happens, but it seems like they've got their facts wrong. 

Why exactly are people getting 2 DS4s?
No one is for free (at least in theory), but Amazon made a goof that is confusing people. When I click my launch bundle it takes me to the dual shock 4 bundle page, which confused many people and caused them to talk to Amazon. Some people got stupid people who told them thats what they were getting and so people reported it on the web. Others tried and many were told the same thing till recently when many people started hearing it was just an error. In theory, it could still happen, but I would just assume you won't.

Also when I contacted Amazon the person was completely unhelpful, but they did imply I would only get one like I orders. Won't turn down a second, but it will make buying the one from GS seem like a bad move. xD

Also when I contacted Amazon the person was completely unhelpful, but they did imply I would only get one like I orders. Won't turn down a second, but it will make buying the one from GS seem like a bad move. xD
I was tempted to try and find one but getting it for next to nothing with the Amazon promo is far too good when having two is way more controllers than I need (unless it's that amazing and works well enough on PS3 I can dump one of the DS3s).

I was tempted to try and find one but getting it for next to nothing with the Amazon promo is far too good when having two is way more controllers than I need (unless it's that amazing and works well enough on PS3 I can dump one of the DS3s).
I dumped 2 of my DS3's for a 4 and I don't feel like that was a bad move. So far, the only limitation is the PS button (I need the 3 to back out of a game or turn off the system) and almost every game I play works perfectly.

What is going on! I looked on the launch page it does say it includes 2 DS4's for  the launch day edition. 

LYc3qoo.png

(Sarcasm implied)

I dumped 2 of my DS3's for a 4 and I don't feel like that was a bad move. So far, the only limitation is the PS button (I need the 3 to back out of a game or turn off the system) and almost every game I play works perfectly.
Looks like they just got back in stock (with 1-2 days processing time) at Amazon so hopefully I'll have mine by the end of the week since they're supposedly shipping them already. Really wanted the red but it doesn't seem like there's going to be a pre-order for those anytime soon.

What is going on! I looked on the launch page it does say it includes 2 DS4's for the launch day edition.

LYc3qoo.png
It does not. Please read the the thread and what people are saying or you will look like a total dumbass. To help you and others out...

• Orders placed on the launch bundle link to the Dualshock 4 bundle.
  • Obviously you're looking at the Dualshock 4 bundle, which comes with an extra Dualshock 4 (the whole point of the bundle).
  • Amazon still knows you have the launch edition and you'll most likely get that.
Thats the situation and it mades a bit of sense.

Yeah I was joking. I can clearly see it's the DS4 Bundle that comes with 2. Everyone here is abusing the small mistake. I doubt anyone will actually get a second DS4 controller and if you got credit for it you'll likely be banned or on the verge of being banned for abusing CS.

Looks like they just got back in stock (with 1-2 days processing time) at Amazon so hopefully I'll have mine by the end of the week since they're supposedly shipping them already. Really wanted the red but it doesn't seem like there's going to be a pre-order for those anytime soon.
Yoshida tweeted that the colored DS4's will be available "soon" after launch. Im not in a rush to get a second controller so imma wait for dat blue one. :drool:

Yeah I was joking. I can clearly see it's the DS4 Bundle that comes with 2. Everyone here is abusing the small mistake. I doubt anyone will actually get a second DS4 controller and if you got credit for it you'll likely be banned or on the verge of being banned for abusing CS.
Why the instant negative and assuming the worst of people? I just was genuinely interested in why that happened. Wouldn't be the first time something weird happened (like Amazon giving $10 dollars off Knack or Killzone preorders if you preorder Drive Club).

I anyone in the know about how Gamestop launches are shaping up. I was 50th on the list of pre orders when I made mine back in June, haven't been to the store since. I would guess with cancels i might be in the 40's if I'm lucky. I'll probably go over to my store next week to ask whats happening, but maybe someone here could have some insight. I'm hoping to snag my unit on launch, is that realistic?

Why the instant negative and assuming the worst of people? I just was genuinely interested in why that happened. Wouldn't be the first time something weird happened (like Amazon giving $10 dollars off Knack or Killzone preorders if you preorder Drive Club).
Negative... you mean the people getting multiple credit for asking if they are getting 2 controllers for their Launch Day Editions? Not so much being negative, just stating you'll likely be banned for abusing their customer service. Wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Either way, no one is getting a free controller from this. At most people will get abused credit or a nice letter from Amazon stating you're getting what you ordered.

Yoshida tweeted that the colored DS4's will be available "soon" after launch. Im not in a rush to get a second controller so imma wait for dat blue one. :drool:
Yeah but that could be well after the promo expires.

I anyone in the know about how Gamestop launches are shaping up. I was 50th on the list of pre orders when I made mine back in June, haven't been to the store since. I would guess with cancels i might be in the 40's if I'm lucky. I'll probably go over to my store next week to ask whats happening, but maybe someone here could have some insight. I'm hoping to snag my unit on launch, is that realistic?
It doesn't seem like they actually know what they're getting beyond the general plan and what they've already promised for launch day. What I've heard from store managers is that they'll have some for people that just line up but they don't know how many that will be until they get them. It's also going to vary depending on the store and the area.

My GS told me today to come in at 6 pm the day before. Pay off everything ive have pre-ordered, they will give me all the games and accessories before hand then just come back at midnight show that i paid, and walk out with my ps4.

My GS told me today to come in at 6 pm the day before. Pay off everything ive have pre-ordered, they will give me all the games and accessories before hand then just come back at midnight show that i paid, and walk out with my ps4.
Yeah, they want to get this over and done with by 12:30 if they can help it.

My store is having an "event" the Sunday before to get people to pay everything off. They also said they'll be giving out numbers to the people who have them paid off and that's what order they'll hand them out in at the midnight launch. I was told mine would be held for a couple of days if I can't make it to the midnight launch.

i would be scared to walk out with one in the dark i know if i do get the system im getting at midnight im bringing couple friends with me.

bread's done
Back