PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Yea that just sounds silly.
Not really. If you have ever bought HDTVs, Laptops, Blu-ray Collectors Editions, etc... from amazon they do ship them with the manufacture packaging instead of double boxing it.

You can sometimes avoid this by choosing the gifting option but it is not available for PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck, I was already paranoid about my shit getting lost or stolen and now I'm hearing Amazon is just shipping these whitout a motherfuckin box!!! I might hit up CS and see if this is just some misinformation or something cause its such a stupid move on their part.

I don't think they will do that. Do you know why? Because people will just say that their boxes are beaten up and request partial fund because of that. They would lose money by doing that I believe

Damn, it sucks that free plus wont stack for current members, I think Killzone comes with a 7 day trial as well.
Well the trial codes probably don't expire anytime soon. So one idea is you could just let your membership expire then redeem the trial code right after. Of course that would throw a monkey wrench in my plans to redeem a 12 month card whenever they offer the free 3 month promo again.

Actually that is right. It's an event to buy your games and accessories before the console comes out. They will have some gameplay demos (PS4 demos are already at Gamestop's right now) and some giveaways (not consoles though).
Interesting name for the promo, then. I want to see the "PS4 launch. Go fk yourself!" Banner hanging in the store.

Actually that is right. It's an event to buy your games and accessories before the console comes out. They will have some gameplay demos (PS4 demos are already at Gamestop's right now) and some giveaways (not consoles though).
You didn't see it when there was a go fk yourself typed right above that bar

A lot of people selling their Amazon pre-orders on ebay. Changing the shipping address to the buyer's address. Very risky. If you don't provide tracking through ebay, you aren't covered in seller protection. Buyer could just claim they didn't get it and seller would be SOL.

A lot of people selling their Amazon pre-orders on ebay. Changing the shipping address to the buyer's address. Very risky. If you don't provide tracking through ebay, you aren't covered in seller protection. Buyer could just claim they didn't get it and seller would be SOL.
When the delivery carrier arrives, just don't answer the door, and hope they leave the package. Rinse and Repeat. Guranteed way for a scammer to not have to sign for an amazon package. Seal the deal by calling his credit card company that he just found out his credit card is missing and this turns into an unauthorized chargeback transaction. Paypal requires a signature confirmation for this very reason in the first place on all $250+ transactions. People that just changes the address on amazon don't even understand that the address could be a freight forwarder that goes to an international address later.

When the delivery carrier arrives, just don't answer the door, and hope they leave the package. Rinse and Repeat. Guranteed way for a scammer to not have to sign for an amazon package. Seal the deal by calling his credit card company that he just found out his credit card is missing and this turns into an unauthorized chargeback transaction. Paypal requires a signature confirmation for this very reason in the first place on all $250+ transactions. People that just changes the address don't even understand that the address could be a freight forwarder that goes to an international address later.
A scam buyer doesn't even have to go through the trouble, in this case eBay will always refund the buyer at the expense of the seller. I have been forced to issue refunds because zero feedback buyer "didn't like the game".

Hope CAGs are smart enough not to do this. Selling on eBay is getting more and more frustrating as they unconditionally protect all buyers.

A scam buyer doesn't even have to go through the trouble, in this case eBay will always refund the buyer at the expense of the seller. I have been forced to issue refunds because zero feedback buyer "didn't like the game".

Hope CAGs are smart enough not to do this. Selling on eBay is getting more and more frustrating as they unconditionally protect all buyers.
They recently renamed ebay buyer protection to ebay money back gurantee. :lol:

agreed. I sold a Wii U on there this last week and was very worried about how it would end up. I got lucky with a good buyer who already left me positive feedback. I took a risk selling there, but no one locally wants a damn Wii U.

Yep, below are some stories from people who were screwed, ebay/paypal will do nothing for you, you gotta just hope you get an honest person buying your shit. Good luck to everyone selling on there.

"I sold a macbook pro for 1200$. The payment was verified. The buyer disputed saying payment was unauthorized. They took my money and macbook pro. I spent hours on this case and gave them everything they wanted."

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/horror-stories-someone-else-did/

Yep, below are some stories from people who were screwed, ebay/paypal will do nothing for you, you gotta just hope you get an honest person buying your shit. Good luck to everyone selling on there.

"I sold a macbook pro for 1200$. The payment was verified. The buyer disputed saying payment was unauthorized. They took my money and macbook pro. I spent hours on this case and gave them everything they wanted."

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/horror-stories-someone-else-did/
Most of the chargebacks and disputes you will experience is the "unauthorized" kind now. Scammers know the "item not received" and "item not as described" claims are not as easy since tracking information and forced return to seller made it harder. It's really hard to fight the unauthorized charges since it could be a legitimate stolen credit card and the banks will cover the original cardholder 100%. Just like when you shop online with a credit card, your bank covers you from your card being stolen or used without permission.

That happened to me multiple times and I provided tracking and scanned the shipping receipts and I was covered. What ebay/paypal did was let me keep my money from the sale, gave the buyer his money back, but banned the buyer from both services.

IDK how believable it is, but one of my local GameStop store managers (one that I find has been knowledgeable about most things) told me that each of the GS in our town will be receiving approx 20 extra units.

That happened to me multiple times and I provided tracking and scanned the shipping receipts and I was covered. What ebay/paypal did was let me keep my money from the sale, gave the buyer his money back, but banned the buyer from both services.
It depends on how much the transaction was. If it is above $250 a signature is required for unauthorized chargeback/disputes. I'm not even sure if you're covered if someone other than the buyer signs for it.

Well, contacting ebay, I was told that as long as I provided proof that I shipped the item and the buyer received it, I would be covered. Since the buyer filed a "unauthorized charge" claim and not "item not as described" then he can't claim that the box was crushed and the item was destroyed. He got the item and my end of the thing was covered as long as I provided proof that I shipped it with the tracking # and receipts.

So all sellers should be cool if they provide that information.

So always get paid receipts for your shipment and some type of documentation you can send whenever you send expensive items. Always. Get insurance too, in case.

It depends on how much the transaction was. If it is above $250 a signature is required for unauthorized chargeback/disputes. I'm not even sure if you're covered if someone other than the buyer signs for it.
All of these stories of drama led me to just cancel my xbox one preorder. I'd rather avoid the risk AND let the console go to a buyer who wants it for the games.

Well, contacting ebay, I was told that as long as I provided proof that I shipped the item and the buyer received it, I would be covered. Since the buyer filed a "unauthorized charge" claim and not "item not as described" then he can't claim that the box was crushed and the item was destroyed. He got the item and my end of the thing was covered as long as I provided proof that I shipped it with the tracking # and receipts.

So all sellers should be cool if they provide that information.

So always get paid receipts for your shipment and some type of documentation you can send whenever you send expensive items. Always. Get insurance too, in case.
How do you go about telling eBay/Paypal, that Amazon was the one that shipped my package?

How do you go about telling eBay/Paypal, that Amazon was the one that shipped my package?
You don't. I wasn't referring to that. In that case, you are not covered. You are only covered if you ship it yourself and can provide tracking through ebay.

You don't. I wasn't referring to that. In that case, you are not covered. You are only covered if you ship it yourself and can provide tracking through ebay.
That was what we were discussing at the beginning. You probably didn't see where we started. :)

Edit: oh lol, you were the one I quoted at the beginning. I guess we came back to the same conclusion. Don't dropship with amazon.

Worst timing ever we are suppose to have snow weds... Ugh..on a brighter side maybe less people buy one on launch and will be easier to find since nobody drives in the snow in sc

Wait, what happened? I don't see anything.
HC3ECnZ.jpg

I shit you not, I saw it too. Looks like the website coder wasn't getting a ps4 :(

Just saw on Amazons site that someone mentioned that the description of the PS4 shipping, is that it comes in its own box, and they said it means there will be no shipping box, just the PS4... anyone else know about this, I don't want just my PS4 box to sit on the porch with everyone knowing what it is!!!
From what we saw of that picture of the open box half that Amazon stock better be reserved for damaged and stolen consoles. I do not expect this thing to survive. Maybe if we all contact CS and complain they'll be nice enough to wrap them in one of those worthless cardboard wraps they're so fond of.

Lol i feel bad for doing it but I have an extra launch preorder from amazon that I'm just going to cancel while peeps still struggling. Good luck y'all!

Every time I get something off Amazon a signature is required, no matter the cost. Is it not like that for everyone?

Every time I get something off Amazon a signature is required, no matter the cost. Is it not like that for everyone?
Not at all, this is my first time ordering something like a PS4. But when I order Games/Guides or toys for my children, I've never had to sign. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever actually received from FedEx or UPS. I normally find it on the porch. Isn't there something on the website, the tracking one, that you can request a signature or have them not deliver it? I know there's an option, that lets it not go out for delivery and you have to pick it up from the shipping station.

If left at the front door and it gets stolen, amazon would most likely refund you your money. They should be held to the same standards they require the sellers on their site to do.

i have a ps4 pre ordered but i seriously do not see a game i want at launch.  so i may just hold off 

but than i am scared ps4's won't be available to buy again for next 6 months 

i have a ps4 pre ordered but i seriously do not see a game i want at launch. so i may just hold off

but than i am scared ps4's won't be available to buy again for next 6 months
If it eases your mind. Sony has said, they were going to be holding back stock. That way they could slowly put more systems into the wild, from launch until X-Mas.

bread's done
Back