PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If it eases your mind. Sony has said, they were going to be holding back stock. That way they could slowly put more systems into the wild, from launch until X-Mas.
thanks good to know, one series i have always enjoyed a lot is KZ so here is hoping reviews are very positive for KZ:SF

after the launch next batch of games are in early 2014 so it maybe worth the wait and who knows maybe buy a bundle or something on sale

Never had a signature required for me that's weird .
Weird. I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to Amazon's shipping choices. I usually have to put a signed note on the door that says to leave my stuff if I don't answer. Usually I'm actually home, but they only knock ONCE and I often don't make it 'cause I'm dealing with my kids or something.

I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon, even the package that had two iPhone 5 in it.
no wonder you guys are scared that someone can just take your ps4, if left unattended to. amazon delivery through UPs have always required my signature, if no one is at home, they leave a note, saying they will attempt delivery again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had to sign for something. Not even when I received something then told Amazon I didn't so I could get some free credit.

What the absolute asswiping fuck?! Is it confirmed that amazon is shipping these portal gun style, just slapping a shipping label on the retail box? That is just ridiculous. First, there is a 5% chance that damage doesn't take place during shipment. Secondly,I have to work Fridays. I can't sit on the damn porch all day. That means there is almost no chance that this isn't stolen off of my porch. I would not have preordered from amazon if I new they'd be this cheap with shipping.

I will be buying something cheap on Wednesday with prime 2 day in hopes that it entices amazon to put them both in the same box.

For crying out fuck.

What the absolute asswiping fuck?! Is it confirmed that amazon is shipping these portal gun style, just slapping a shipping label on the retail box? That is just ridiculous. First, there is a 5% chance that damage doesn't take place during shipment. Secondly,I have to work Fridays. I can't sit on the damn porch all day. That means there is almost no chance that this isn't stolen off of my porch. I would not have preordered from amazon if I new they'd be this cheap with shipping.

I will be buying something cheap on Wednesday with prime 2 day in hopes that it entices amazon to put them both in the same box.

For crying out fuck.
They aren't going to ship PS4s without an outer box. People believe anything they read. I highly doubt the base box is sturdy enough to survive being thrown around as much as the UPS guys throw their packages.

LOL. Wth is wrong with people? If you're going to believe everything you read...

Confirmed! Amazon's CEO will personally deliver all PS4 orders to customers with Sony's CEO Day 1!

LOL. Wth is wrong with people? If you're going to believe everything you read...

Confirmed! Amazon's CEO will personally deliver all PS4 orders to customers with Sony's CEO Day 1!

They aren't going to ship PS4s without an outer box. People believe anything they read. I highly doubt the base box is sturdy enough to survive being thrown around as much as the UPS guys throw their packages.
Well to be fair they have done this in the past. They shipped two of my Portal guns which were worth over $150 each without a outter box, both of course arrived beat up. Its a miracle that the actual guns werent damaged. So there is cause for concern here. Hopefully they're not dumb enough to do that with the ps4's.

If people don't want to sign for stuff through UPS, you can get a slip from your UPS driver and sign it, saying that it's ok for them to just leave the packages at your door with no sig required.

If people don't want to sign for stuff through UPS, you can get a slip from your UPS driver and sign it, saying that it's ok for them to just leave the packages at your door with no sig required.
Can also go into the tracking for a shipment and it will let you print a sheet you sign and tape to your door.

If it eases your mind. Sony has said, they were going to be holding back stock. That way they could slowly put more systems into the wild, from launch until X-Mas.
Really? That is not what we are hearing at Best Buy corporate. We have heard with the European launch shortly after the US that we are only promised one more shipment of PS4's before X-mas and the numbers are much much smaller than launch numbers. I can honestly say that if you do not get one at launch your not likley to get one this year, despite what Sony is saying publicly there is going to be a shortage because of the multiple launches.

In all honesty if you have the money now, why not just keep it? It's not going to drop in price during the first year, and this way you'll already have it.

For crying out fuck.
Don't mean that item would come from same warehouse

Has anyone seen it posted anywhere were current gen controller charging bases work on the new controllers? I really hate to have to plug both controllers into cords for charging until someone releases new charging bases.

Also, I smell something fishy.. Walmart already has Xbox One games stocked and a demo unit and sections reserved, but still doesn't have PS4 demo units or even game sections laid out yet, even though the PS4 comes out a week earlier, and this was at two separate walmarts.

Its like they are ignoring the PS4 launch completely right now in favor of the Xbox One's.

We saw similar shenanigans with the wii U.. demo units in place but not hooked up to try for months after launch.

Has anyone seen it posted anywhere were current gen controller charging bases work on the new controllers? I really hate to have to plug both controllers into cords for charging until someone releases new charging bases.

Also, I smell something fishy.. Walmart already has Xbox One games stocked and a demo unit and sections reserved, but still doesn't have PS4 demo units or even game sections laid out yet, even though the PS4 comes out a week earlier, and this was at two separate .

The old charge bases won't work. But Power A has a PS4 one out now at GameStop. Seen an unboxing on IGN!

About the demos, I think only certain stores were putting up OS4 demos. And with the games, most games aren't released yet. And if they are not all stores are carrying them. Again GaneStop is selling a few games, same with BestBuy. I think on Tuesday(when most PS4 games get released) that's when things will start falling into place.

Really? That is not what we are hearing at Best Buy corporate. We have heard with the European launch shortly after the US that we are only promised one more shipment of PS4's before X-mas and the numbers are much much smaller than launch numbers. I can honestly say that if you do not get one at launch your not likley to get one this year, despite what Sony is saying publicly there is going to be a shortage because of the multiple launches.

In an interview with EDGE, Gara said that while most of the general public may not be able to walk into their nearest retail outlet and pick up a console on launch day, Sony will be working hard to restock game stocks as soon as possible in the next weeks and months following.

“What I will say is that over the release window of the first two-three months, there will be ample stock available and we will catch up. Our Pre-Christmas demands have been huge and anyone who has preordered a Playstation 4 now, will most certainly get one before Christmas. Gamers need not worry as there will be more on top of that, except if the Ships carrying the PS4 sink, then that will be out of our control."

“We do have a significant volume on day one, but shipment two will be within days of that. So we are expecting a massive surge and a lot more consoles to come after that."

Yeah and if you believe that remember Sony said there would be 2 million PS3's shipped by x-mas and then did not meet that number until the end of February.  So what they say and do usually are not the same.

Yeah and if you believe that remember Sony said there would be 2 million PS3's shipped by x-mas and then did not meet that number until the end of February. So what they say and do usually are not the same.
Its a difficult line to walk. If they dont ship enough, people can't get them. If they ship enough that you can walk into a store to buy one, you see articles about how its a flop. Don't think Kotaku isn't going to send a guy around to Best Buys on Friday to see if they can find one and report on numbers.

Also, I smell something fishy.. Walmart already has Xbox One games stocked and a demo unit and sections reserved, but still doesn't have PS4 demo units or even game sections laid out yet, even though the PS4 comes out a week earlier, and this was at two separate walmarts.

Its like they are ignoring the PS4 launch completely right now in favor of the Xbox One's.

We saw similar shenanigans with the wii U.. demo units in place but not hooked up to try for months after launch.
I used these bad boys for Xbox 360 and PS3 and it is an amazing thing. Easily the best charging station both for convenience and design.

Nyko Charge Base

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-PlayStation-4/dp/B00FLLFJ68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384013052&sr=8-1&keywords=nyko+ps4+controller

Just saw on Amazons site that someone mentioned that the description of the PS4 shipping, is that it comes in its own box, and they said it means there will be no shipping box, just the PS4... anyone else know about this, I don't want just my PS4 box to sit on the porch with everyone knowing what it is!!!

That makes 0 sense.

Dont believe that crap
Our Marketing department ordered a Kindle for give away during a conference and twice had to send the Kindle back because they slapped on a shipping label on the box itself and was crushed during shipment. Spoke with customer service manager who informed us that it was against Amazon policy to use a box for certain items (I'm assuming to save on cost). Even after explaining our situation they stood by their policy. We ended up giving away an iPad instead. So I can see Amazon not using a box for the PS4 which is why I had mine shipped to my office.

Its a difficult line to walk. If they dont ship enough, people can't get them. If they ship enough that you can walk into a store to buy one, you see articles about how its a flop. Don't think Kotaku isn't going to send a guy around to Best Buys on Friday to see if they can find one and report on numbers.
They will most likely go off forums, since going in person (even several people) won't paint that good of a picture. Like if they can find some, then that might have been dumb luck, just like not finding them might not be good luck. At least with the forum you can see many diverse reports (like how CAG reported the difficulty of getting a Pikachu 3DS XL and the ease of the Pokemon X and Y XL).

As we enter the final week before the PS4's release, I'm at an impasse as to what I should do regarding my Amazon launch PS4 preorder:

1. Keep the preorder, risking Amazon poorly shipping the system (but possibly receiving compensation for such) and avoiding the potential stress of having to search for one sometime next year. Plus, I wouldn't be paying tax (saving $24).

2. Cancel the preorder on the basis that I've got enough of a backlog to last me for at least 6 months and the launch game lineup is pretty "meh" to me (KZ:SF being the only interesting title IMO). The first must-buy PS4 title for me will be Infamous: Second Son, so I wouldn't exactly be scrambling to play the system right away. Also, it could be fun to stalk AWD in the hopes of finding dingers at upwards of $75+ off. :bouncy:

What to do, what to do...? :whistle2:k

As we enter the final week before the PS4's release, I'm at an impasse as to what I should do regarding my Amazon launch PS4 preorder:

1. Keep the preorder, risking Amazon poorly shipping the system (but possibly receiving compensation for such) and avoiding the potential stress of having to search for one sometime next year. Plus, I wouldn't be paying tax (saving $24).

2. Cancel the preorder on the basis that I've got enough of a backlog to last me for at least 6 months and the launch game lineup is pretty "meh" to me (KZ:SF being the only interesting title IMO). The first must-buy PS4 title for me will be Infamous: Second Son, so I wouldn't exactly be scrambling to play the system right away. Also, it could be fun to stalk AWD in the hopes of finding dingers at upwards of $75+ off. :bouncy:

I would just cancel it, since things might be hard to find, but prices will also drop.

I bought a ps3 and wii from Amazon and they both came securely inside the typical brown Amazon box. I can't imagine they wouldn't do the same for the new consoles...

i know people talked alot about how the availability of the ps4 could be already, but i still think it would not be hard to find even if you did not preorder it. maybe for certain cag posters, depending on their location. if i can find some games to trade in next week, i might just stop by at bestbuy to see if there are any available

After a year, any potential hardware vulnerabilities should be exposed and hopefully rectified in the manufacturing process. I don't see any downside of waiting a year.

I would just cancel it, since things might be hard to find, but prices will also drop.
i know people talked alot about how the availability of the ps4 could be already, but i still think it would not be hard to find even if you did not preorder it. maybe for certain cag posters, depending on their location. if i can find some games to trade in next week, i might just stop by at bestbuy to see if there are any available
After a year, any potential hardware vulnerabilities should be exposed and hopefully rectified in the manufacturing process. I don't see any downside of waiting a year.
Thanks, guys--all your points are valid. :D

the thing that real bugs me about the ps4, is the overheating issue due to the small size, i know tons of source had already confirmed that overheating is not an issue. but I personally just have grips , when looking at the small size, and thinking in the back of my head there is not way the ps4 would not overheat due to the size.

the thing that real bugs me about the ps4, is the overheating issue due to the small size, i know tons of source had already confirmed that overheating is not an issue. but I personally just have grips , when looking at the small size, and thinking in the back of my head there is not way the ps4 would not overheat due to the size.
Its got a large heatsink and good fans. I don't think it will overheat, but I am a little concerned about fan noise.

This is true, and I don't see any features they may cut as they did for PS2 backwards compatibility like last time. For the PS3 there was a definite advantage with an early console, despite the price. But, at the same rate one could say that with the price drops you could just buy a PS2 if that's what you wanted. No BC this time, no problem. If you wait a year or so you can get a bigger HD, maybe a game you want included and possibly a better price, and even an update of the hardware to fix unknown problems.

It's easy for me, since there is nothing in the near future that is a must buy for either of the new consoles. A few I'd like to play, but I'll still be able to get those later anyways (cheaper). I'm holding off for now until the volume of PS3/360 games slow.

This is true, and I don't see any features they may cut as they did for PS2 backwards compatibility like last time. For the PS3 there was a definite advantage with an early console, despite the price. But, at the same rate one could say that with the price drops you could just buy a PS2 if that's what you wanted. No BC this time, no problem. If you wait a year or so you can get a bigger HD, maybe a game you want included and possibly a better price, and even an update of the hardware to fix unknown problems.

It's easy for me, since there is nothing in the near future that is a must buy for either of the new consoles. A few I'd like to play, but I'll still be able to get those later anyways (cheaper). I'm holding off for now until the volume of PS3/360 games slow.
Even if PS3 games ceases production, many CAGs have backlogs that will last them at least for two years :)

I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon, even the package that had two iPhone 5 in it.
Ditto. I've ordered everything from $5 books to 1200 TVs. The only thing I ever had to sign for was our $300 chest freezer...which came via a Freight co. Fed ex and ups never ask for a signature. Drop on our house's front doorstep/ porch.

I'm going with Amazon because I'm all about not spending that extra $30 on tax plus I have Prime. Lazy and cheap, y'all.
Not to beat a dead horse...but as of Nov 1, lots of new states were added to the sales tax collection list for amazon. You might want to quickly double check you are still not paying tax.

I just wanted to chime about the possibility of PS4s not being in shipping boxes. In the past I have only had a HDtv and a laptop shipped by Amazon not come in Amazon shipping boxes and the only reason I would imagine that happened is because they don't have boxes that large. I can't speak for the Portal gun incident but I imagine those were kind of an irregular size since they are real size replicas. A few weeks ago I received the Batman Arkham Origins CE from Amazon which was a pretty big box placed inside a huge Amazon shipping box surrounded by bubble wrap. Gauging the sizes of the PS4s in their warehouses, these would very easily fit in smaller shipping boxes Amazon does have available.

Time will tell I guess and I will be a bit nervous on Friday since I work that day but I have a feeling there will be nothing to worry about in regards to how they ship these out, especially since they know this is a high threat theft item and they would only be creating a headache for themselves if they shipped them otherwise and had to deal with a ton of missing package complaints. My bigger concern is that it ends up being the one time UPS/FedEx/whoever decides they want a signature. With it being a Friday I would have no choice but to go to the distribution center to pick it up since they wouldn't redeliver until Monday and standing in line at the UPS center on a Friday night to pick up a package is not fun I can tell you from personal experience. Maybe it is time to use a sick day...

Ditto. I've ordered everything from $5 books to 1200 TVs. The only thing I ever had to sign for was our $300 chest freezer...which came via a Freight co. Fed ex and ups never ask for a signature. Drop on our house's front doorstep/ porch.
Ive bought a ton of stuff from Amazon. Ive bought a 47" tv and didnt need to sign anything via UPS and other times Ive bought a monitor and a printer and those times UPS needed a signature from me. So there is a tiny chance they could need someone to sign for it.

I just wanted to chime about the possibility of PS4s not being in shipping boxes. In the past I have only had a HDtv and a laptop shipped by Amazon not come in Amazon shipping boxes and the only reason I would imagine that happened is because they don't have boxes that large. I can't speak for the Portal gun incident but I imagine those were kind of an irregular size since they are real size replicas. A few weeks ago I received the Batman Arkham Origins CE from Amazon which was a pretty big box placed inside a huge Amazon shipping box surrounded by bubble wrap. Gauging the sizes of the PS4s in their warehouses, these would very easily fit in smaller shipping boxes Amazon does have available.

Time will tell I guess and I will be a bit nervous on Friday since I work that day but I have a feeling there will be nothing to worry about in regards to how they ship these out, especially since they know this is a high threat theft item and they would only be creating a headache for themselves if they shipped them otherwise and had to deal with a ton of missing package complaints. My bigger concern is that it ends up being the one time UPS/FedEx/whoever decides they want a signature. With it being a Friday I would have no choice but to go to the distribution center to pick it up since they wouldn't redeliver until Monday and standing in line at the UPS center on a Friday night to pick up a package is not fun I can tell you from personal experience. Maybe it is time to use a sick day...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/287860-marvel-cinematic-universe-phase-1-avengers-assembled-10-disc-le-collectors-set/?p=10440762

bread's done
Back