PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So do you guys thing the Infamous ps4 bundle is coming to America? I'm planning on buying the 1st ps4 bundle, sale, or price drop available. I'm hoping for February but Suckerpunch is announcing the official date this week.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/ps4-infamous-second-son-bundle-announced

infamous_second_son_ps4_console_bundle.jpg

Hilarious. It's not even that late for next-day shipments to go out. Stop worrying. I've not received shipping emails from Amazon till late at night, and still get whatever it is the next day. :)
As I have said, I'm anxious, not worried. Actually, if you read what I wrote, I was conveying the opposite...given the sheer scale, it would take an up characteristic epic failure by amazon for most of us to be left waiting.
I have had the same thing happen you describe. Until around 10 pm, I won't be worried. Post 10pm....no promises.

My local costco has bundles in for sale tomorrow.  Guess I'll try that out since it is on the way to work but they said they don't know how many they have or what the price is ..... whaa?  :hot:

Congrats guys! Only a few more hours until the future.

I'm interested in running around tomorrow to see if there are any left in stock. Both companies said they'd have plenty available....I really doubt it.

I'm in NYC. Mine said shipping soon all day from Amazon. I just checked again and it has been shipped -- from PA.

So I guess it shipped from a warehouse closer to be thus the delay -- should be here no problem by tomorrow.

East Coasters probably running into the same thing. 

Also note i didnt get an email yet saying it shipped -- check your order status on amazon.com

As I have said, I'm anxious, not worried. Actually, if you read what I wrote, I was conveying the opposite...given the sheer scale, it would take an up characteristic epic failure by amazon for most of us to be left waiting.
I have had the same thing happen you describe. Until around 10 pm, I won't be worried. Post 10pm....no promises.
I would just like to get my tracking number so i can change it to pick up. UPS has never delivered around me before 7pm.

My brother's at the front of the line at his Best Buy, when is Best Buy going to let him him buy it so he doesn't have to keep standing there? Or does he have to wait until midnight?

I'm in NYC. Mine said shipping soon all day from Amazon. I just checked again and it has been shipped -- from PA.

So I guess it shipped from a warehouse closer to be thus the delay -- should be here no problem by tomorrow.

East Coasters probably running into the same thing.

Also note i didnt get an email yet saying it shipped -- check your order status on amazon.com
Agreed. Mine just shipped.

At my GameStop waiting for 6. About 20 people here.
How is GameStop doing the lines? I'm thinking about going up and paying off my console before 9 PM but I'm not sure I want to wait around for three hours... which if I go up today at all I'm going to do. Otherwise I'll go get it in the morning after I try to pick up Lego Marvel at Target.

Pre-ring process behinds at 6pm. The way my store is doing it, once your PS4 system is paid off, you will be given a serial card. Which indicates which system is yours in the stockroom. You can either leave, or hang out till midnight. Once you return (after midnight), you will need to have the serial card, ID (Driver's License/Passport), and receipt before we hand the system to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is GameStop doing the lines? I'm thinking about going up and paying off my console before 9 PM but I'm not sure I want to wait around for three hours... which if I go up today at all I'm going to do. Otherwise I'll go get it in the morning after I try to pick up Lego Marvel at Target.
At my GS, its quite small, so the line is wrapping around the store starting at the register. Right now, they have cut it off with an empty box at the end of the line and the manager asked how many people didnt have it on reserve. About 18 didnt, and I'm like 14 on line.

You can pay it off tonight but you cannot pick it up prior to midnight. Also, you don't have to wait in line.

Whooooo!!! Alright  2 Of My PS4 just ship from amazon.com......but i have to wait till Monday to get because i had to be so Damn Cheap about shipping.

Sony's is the best IMO... $50 to extend the console to 3 year warranty... $60 if you want accidental.
Where can I buy this? Is it only at sony stores or can it be bought online somewhere? Knowing the gigantic amount of faulty systems there were pre release, I don't want to take any chances.

You can pay it off tonight but you cannot pick it up prior to midnight. Also, you don't have to wait in line.
I'm thinking of going up to pay it off before 9 PM but it's like a 20-30 minute drive to get up there. So I'm debating between spending 80-120 minutes to drive there, then back, then there again, and back again or just hanging out. Does GS do anything to pass the time in line or is it legit just siting around doing whatever?

Stopped by my local Best Buy to pick up a couple things and there were 4 people in line that did not pre-order and then 2 people in the preorder line (This I don't understand. Why would you show up 11+ hrs early to sit in the cold rain when you have a preorder. They received more than enough to cover preorders so its not like there is a chance you wont be getting one)

Also drove past Game Stop on the way home and there were 2 people in line outside.

I will probably head to to Game Stop about 5 to get my final receipt, hopefully there wont be to many  people waiting to do this.

Just to update the shipping HDD to firmware 1.5: 400 MB File

To replace the HD or recover from a trashed system: 800 MB file.

The 800mb has the entire OS contained in it, as well. It's really for catastrophic system recovery or hard drive replacement.
Thank you!

Odd though that this time no one is camping out at Best Buy's, Target's, Walmart's where I live. What's up with that? Remember the lines and the people camping out when the PS2 and PS3 came out?

Mine still hasn't shipped, just "shipping now". I'll complain to Amazon if I don't get it tomorrow which I could wait a while to get it anyways.

Going to go by Gamestop in a bit to get Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle (I know, oddly enough) than head back. Might stop by a little before midnight to see how big it gets.

Odd though that this time no one is camping out at Best Buy's, Target's, Walmart's where I live. What's up with that? Remember the lines and the people camping out when the PS2 and PS3 came out?
I would think its probably because during the ps2 and ps3 launches those stores were not doing pre orders, it was only gamestop so people were forced to line up over night.

Are they doing anything for the people in line tonight or should I just go in the morning after a good night's sleep?
Nothing at all. Seems gamestop didn't plan this out to well. I essentially organized our line asked the employees and they had no plans in place.

Anyone order the battlefield launch day bundle with 12 months of ps+? If so, did you get an email with the promo code for the ps+? i wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a card in the box or a email code. I had this shipped to someone, so wanted to make sure.
I got that one, the code was emailed.

Does anyone know how long Bestbuy will be open after midnight?

You may want to hold off on purchasing a warranty if the PS4 turns out to have problems from the beginning.

Sony's Warranty:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/08/ps4s-playstation-protection-plan-pricing-revealed-extend-your-warranty-by-2-years-for-49-99-or-59-99/

Squaretrade Warranty: 3 Years $53.99

I'm not sure if your item has to be sealed to get this warranty or can be opened but not older than 30 days old.

http://www.squaretrade.com/videogames-warranty

Any stores as long as you have a receipt. To get a replacement, no it doesn't have to be sealed. To get your money back, not sure.

A game system is no different from any other item. If it is defective and under the return policy, they have to take it back for a replacement at least.
does Amazon give you until January?

Anyone order the battlefield launch day bundle with 12 months of ps+? If so, did you get an email with the promo code for the ps+? i wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a card in the box or a email code. I had this shipped to someone, so wanted to make sure.
It's E-Mailed. Some dumbass gaming news site reported that Amazon was giving all bundle buyers a free year of Plus and had their E-Mail as proof.

bread's done
Back