PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Has anyone been able to get a PS3 racing wheel to work on this? I plugged my Logitech Driving Force GT in and could not navigate the home menu. The wheel did turn on. Don't have any racing games yet.
Seeing your username, could you recommend another PS3 game that works well with GT besides GT5 (and hopefully 6)? Thanks.

And PS4 really needs wheel support, and still not a single word yet :bomb:

Has anyone picked up warranty yet? I'm leaning toward ST but not sure.
Saw a few people on here get Sony's accidental. I was contemplating getting Sony or Squaretrade. Do you know how long you can wait before you get ST? With Sony you can wait as long as it's still under the 1st free year warranty unless you want accidental, that's only 30 days.

My PS4 is doing great so far.  Got it from Amazon.  The box looked a little banged up when it came in, was kinda scared.  I grabbed BF4, KZ, and NFS (if it ever ships  :cry: ) but have been mostly playing resogun.. it's sooo addicting.  My psn is MidoriMonkey if anyone wants to add me :) 

My launch amazon PS4 has also been doing well. Played about 2 hours of COD:G today along with an additional 30 min of Resogun and played around in the music store for a bit. 

All together I have likely put in about 10 hours with 2k14/Madden and COD since I got the console in Friday. I am up to this point happy with the purchase. 

2K14 Gamers....I got a question for you. Where the heck is the Association? I want to play a regular season with my favorite team :(
They took it out and replaced it with MyGM. I'm honestly not a fan of 2K14 on PS4. The menus are bad and I don't think the gameplay is improved over PS3. It does look nice though.

They took it out and replaced it with MyGM. I'm honestly not a fan of 2K14 on PS4. The menus are bad and I don't think the gameplay is improved over PS3. It does look nice though.
I hate the menus as well. Terrible navigation with a jumble of things in any given category

Last edited by a moderator:
To broadcast on twitch, is there any way my friends can see me LIVE, not like 6 seconds behind? It seems like all yhe other streams are perfect, And how can they listen to my in game sound? Thx

My PS4 is doing great so far. Got it from Amazon. The box looked a little banged up when it came in, was kinda scared. I grabbed BF4, KZ, and NFS (if it ever ships :cry: ) but have been mostly playing resogun.. it's sooo addicting. My psn is MidoriMonkey if anyone wants to add me :)
My NFS shipped today, so if thats any indication your should be shipping soon.

Has anyone picked up warranty yet? I'm leaning toward ST but not sure.
Yep the accidental protection plan from PSN. After my first PS4 came DOA I kept and used the $10 they gave with the system, and another $10 that i got with the replacement unit. Also had some psn money so in all $30 outa pocket for their protection plan isn't too bad.

I bought the warranty w/ incidental from the PS store.  I got my system from GS; so far it's working great but I started turning it off instead of leaving it in standby mode.

Had a weird issue last night. my system had been working perfectly since launch night. i downloaded resogun and played it. i then put the ps4 in stand by. when i came back the ps4 went into safe mode and started checking storage. it didnt boot so i held the power button till it turned off. i turned ot back on and it reset twice before booting.

this kept happening over and over. the next time i was able to boot up i deleted resogun and the problems went away. it shut down fine and i turned it back on and booted up just fine. seems to be working fine again since i deleted resogun. very weird

For those that chose free shipping with Amazon, have they shipped it yet? Mine has been in the Preparing for Shipment stage since Thursday yet it hasn't progressed at all.  My games entered that stage at the same time yet delivered on Saturday

For those that chose free shipping with Amazon, have they shipped it yet? Mine has been in the Preparing for Shipment stage since Thursday yet it hasn't progressed at all. My games entered that stage at the same time yet delivered on Saturday
Something tells me that Amazon is holding a lot of the future orders until they get word from Sony. They are getting hammered with returns. At $400 plus the cost of shipping both ways, I imagine they are not happy about losing that much money. Obviously this is just my personal theory. I have a DOA PS4 and currently waiting to see what happens with both Sony and Amazon.

Well my Dad (he is 64) decided to buy a PS4 on Thursday from Amazon.  Arrived on Sat and so far he says it is running great.  I am looking forward to trying it out over Christmas.  

Seeing your username, could you recommend another PS3 game that works well with GT besides GT5 (and hopefully 6)? Thanks.

And PS4 really needs wheel support, and still not a single word yet :bomb:
I actually haven't used this wheel for a PS3 yet. Sold my PS3 before I bought the wheel for 50 cents at a yard sale. I'm sure it would work great with GT5 and 6. I also have a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel with FF and it works great for Forza and NFS Shift 2

Has anyone actually seen amazon say they are getting a ton of returns? I keep seeing rumors but no facts to back them up.
the factory sabotaged rumor is also exactly that... Just a rumor that was never really confirmed.

I love how if your PS4 is in standby mode, you can go to the PSN Store from any PC, buy a game and have it tell it to start downloading to your PS4.

I mean Steam does this but it's nice to have a console do it. PS3 only starts the download the next time you turn your machine on but the PS4 just downloads. It's awesome.

I'm making a lot more on Craigslist, no fees, and all cash -- no scam buyers and no BS if they get a defective unit. Relatively speaking, selling on eBay at this point is lunacy unless you're super rural and have no local market to sell into.
I'd be too afraid of the BS that comes with either EBay or selling a high priced item on Craigslist. I usually just sell video games. Made much more money selling off the games I got from my Walmart heist than I would have with a PS4.

That is pretty disappointing, feels like the left half of the content missing. Any idea if 2K could possibly patch it in?

Searching my local craigslist I see people listing their Ps4 for upwards of $850-1200. Are they really fetching these prices? Imo, since Sony sold one million consoles in 24hrs. I seriously doubt they'd wait until 2014 to ship anymore consoles especially with Christmas AND a competitor's launch this week but meh.

Yeah. Regular Pulse is USB dongle only, Elites have a line option and can be used with phones, Vita, etc.
Hmm, that has me thinking then. My headset has a line-in but it's a 2.5mm jack as it was meant to work with the 360 controller, wonder if I get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm it would work.

you don't have to accept returns, the manufacturer handles that anyway.
Yeah, you tell that to eBay when the buyer files a not as described case against you (ie automatic buyer win) and eBay just takes your money and gives it back to them when you refuse to accept a return also permanently marking your account in the process.

I love how if your PS4 is in standby mode, you can go to the PSN Store from any PC, buy a game and have it tell it to start downloading to your PS4.

I mean Steam does this but it's nice to have a console do it. PS3 only starts the download the next time you turn your machine on but the PS4 just downloads. It's awesome.
It also does it seamlessly where the PS3 had to stop everything while it set the downloads up.

Something tells me that Amazon is holding a lot of the future orders until they get word from Sony. They are getting hammered with returns. At $400 plus the cost of shipping both ways, I imagine they are not happy about losing that much money. Obviously this is just my personal theory. I have a DOA PS4 and currently waiting to see what happens with both Sony and Amazon.
I think your theory is wrong. Why would they prioritize an order of someone who used free shipping instead of prime and if he read his estimated delivery it is scheduled for around the 19th so he should be a little more patient.

Searching my local craigslist I see people listing their Ps4 for upwards of $850-1200. Are they really fetching these prices? Imo, since Sony sold one million consoles in 24hrs. I seriously doubt they'd wait until 2014 to ship anymore consoles especially with Christmas AND a competitor's launch this week but meh.
I have had one listed in NYC for $600 since Friday morning and haven't had a nibble yet. So my guess is no. Also given the prices on ebay the demand is that high. We shall see as Xmas grows closer.

That is pretty disappointing, feels like the left half of the content missing. Any idea if 2K could possibly patch it in?
What's the big deal, MyGm is a deeper association mode? Why would they patch in a mode that is still there? They will not patch in another mode that is almost identiacal to the mode int he game. I think its amazing and gives way more options!

With all the troubles, I wonder if Amazon will now stop selling Sony consoles? Isn't that why they stopped selling Nintendo hardware?
Well they didn't stop selling the 360. I think it was more that they asked Nintendo to address the issue and they didn't want to work with Amazon or something.

I'd be too afraid of the BS that comes with either EBay or selling a high priced item on Craigslist. I usually just sell video games. Made much more money selling off the games I got from my Walmart heist than I would have with a PS4.
^^ This was why I have kept it in the box. First you have to not get robbed for you $500 craigslist sale. Then you have to wonder if someone is going to have a problem with the system or some jackass is going to beat the crap out of it and then claim there was a problem with it. So in regards to Samaside's comment, leaving it in the box allows me to weigh my options - a la admiralvic's comments. Is the $75 profit worth the risk of getting robbed or ripped off on Craigslist?

What purpose does leaving it in the box serve? If you never try it out you'll never know if yours is faulty or not. Which means that if it is you're waiting even longer to get a replacement or to get it fixed.

They're making the gaming equivalent of schrodinger's cat. There is nothing wrong with that and it might even become a meme! Don't stop progress.

This. My one "friend" pull the same shit and I love how I get burned and have a bunch of problems because that dude is a fuck ing c**t.

I have had one listed in NYC for $600 since Friday morning and haven't had a nibble yet. So my guess is no. Also given the prices on ebay the demand is that high. We shall see as Xmas grows closer.
I had a PS4 on Craigslist that I also had on Ebay, had it for $560. After launch and after I had already sold it I got 7 emails of people wanting to buy it at that price. People can put whatever price on it, I see several for $800+ that just reposted every single day. There is not a lot of profit to be made, but $100 is $100. and that is what I made from it, which was fine!

It is risky waiting for the holidays, if for some reason it comes back in stock the profit may shrink, if not you may hit gold...

^^ This was why I have kept it in the box. First you have to not get robbed for you $500 craigslist sale. Then you have to wonder if someone is going to have a problem with the system or some jackass is going to beat the crap out of it and then claim there was a problem with it. So in regards to Samaside's comment, leaving it in the box allows me to weigh my options - a la admiralvic's comments. Is the $75 profit worth the risk of getting robbed or ripped off on Craigslist?
Just meet at the police department to do the sale, that is what I do for all craiglist transactions, makes it safe for both parties.

bread's done
Back