Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

might want to watch target.com, using check 4 change i have seen the preorder button pop up several times, gotta fight the bots though

That’s the thing, I think that temptation for earning that cash will be strong with this one, even in a different scenario for this that have 2 preordered just to make sure they get one for launch. If someone straight up ask them if they can but the second one for $1000 (honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it goes quite a bit higher) I wouldn’t blame the person if they sold it as long as they aren’t trying to scalp in the first place.

Luckily for me my second one is going to a friend who really wants to get one for his son for high school graduation.
That’s some interesting rationalizing right there.

Oh shit I just got one at walmart!  It came back in stock and when I went to check out it kept saying it was out of stock, but the 4th time it went through.

I've clicked checkout on Walmart 612 times as the system stays in my cart. I will click it 600 more times. LOL

edit - ok, it finally took it out of my cart. Walmart's system got annoyed with me.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart even sent me a back in stock email .

Not that I saw it until I looked for conformation email.

Too busy mashin' the refresh Button.

9:34 back in stock email

9:36 conformation email

I just want to play Knack and Knack 2 at 8k 120fps with HDR and 3D Audio. I also want to buy an 8K TV big enough that it feels like Knack is life-sized in my living room. Knack is love, Knack is life.

Just got one at 8:40 central. Preorder button popped up. I had to reenter cvv# and click purchase 6 times before it worked.

I got one 9  minutes ago off Walmart app.  Easy as could be.  No hiccups or anything.  I even had to enter a new CC.

Or, get a red card and save $25. Target has a debit option, you don't have to get a credit card. Even if you just want the digital one, you still save $20.
Damn I have a red card and didn't even think about the 5% off so didn't try to get one from them. Oh well I'm just glad I was able to order one at all. Got one from Best Buy and one from Walmart so hopefully one or both of them come through.

Damn I have a red card and didn't even think about the 5% off so didn't try to get one from them. Oh well I'm just glad I was able to order one at all. Got one from Best Buy and one from Walmart so hopefully one or both of them come through.
Most credit cards offer 2% rewards that are available as cashback or statement credits, so not using the red card you've probably only lost 3% --$12 or $15 depending on the model. Not really the and of the world.

I'm assuming that you didn't buy it with a debit card. No one should use debit cards online, but that's a whole other topic.

Or, get a red card and save $25. Target has a debit option, you don't have to get a credit card. Even if you just want the digital one, you still save $20.
I got the impression Target is done with preorders as its says they have sold out. I guess I can check on release day. But I am trying to secure a system now.

Most credit cards offer 2% rewards that are available as cashback or statement credits, so not using the red card you've probably only lost 3% --$12 or $15 depending on the model. Not really the and of the world.

I'm assuming that you didn't buy it with a debit card. No one should use debit cards online, but that's a whole other topic.
I saw somebody earlier worried about being charged immediately since they used a debit card and I cringed.

I got the impression Target is done with preorders as its says they have sold out. I guess I can check on release day. But I am trying to secure a system now.
Apparently they are popping back in stock sporadically. It's hard to keep track of which thread the stock updates are being posted in, but some managed to secure preorders today.

Apparently they are popping back in stock sporadically. It's hard to keep track of which thread the stock updates are being posted in, but some managed to secure preorders today.
If you follow CheapyD (the owner of this site) on Twitter, he has been really good about posting updates right when pre-orders pop up as being available again at various websites.

I really think the media remote for the PS5 should have been $20. Especially since you can easily play DVDs and Blu Rays on any video game console with just a standard controller. Something tells me that it was specifically made with older generations in mind. Like if your grandparents don't know how to navigate a controller, but they want to watch their 4K Blu Ray collection of colorized World War 2 footage.

Price mistake at Target perhaps? Miles Morales, Demons Souls PS5 accesories are $1 when added to cart!

3a07b623d5251e55642daf9cc3e6436b.jpg

Everything was gone except the controller, and SackBoy. Target does have a history of sometimes giving people gift cards for price mistakes like this, as a showing of good will towards their customers. We probably won't get anything, but in the past I've got up to $20 in gift cards from them because of their pricing mistakes. YMMV of course.

I hope PS5 pre-orders becomes available again because it's $0.99 as well, lol.  Imagine pre-ordering a PS5 for $0.99.

It will definitely be cancelled. SlickDeals smelled blood in the water, and already has a good 15+ pages of people who have already tried to claim them. If it was only a few people trying to get 99 cent games, it may have slipped by unnoticed. But, thousands of people trying to do this are going to raise alarm bells at Target.

One guy on SlickDeals said that he put in over 100 orders. These were definitely going to get cancelled with somebody abusing the deal this much.

One guy on SlickDeals said that he put in over 100 orders. These were definitely going to get cancelled with somebody abusing the deal this much.
They were getting cancelled no matter what. It's not like Target wouldn't notice that they were receiving 1/60th of the revenue they should for the orders, you know?

They were getting cancelled no matter what. It's not like Target wouldn't notice that they were receiving 1/60th of the revenue they should for the orders, you know?
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that anybody that tries to abuse any kind of deal, legitimate or not, tends to screw it up for everybody else. My order hasn't been cancelled yet, but Target has two months to cancel it.

Tempted to pre-order for Demon's Souls but I'll wait. Last time I bought a console on launch day was the PS2. Since then I have bought all of my consoles (except the PS4 - got this as a gift) and handhelds (except the Switch - from GS trade-ins promo) in used condition (OG XBOX, Xbox 360, Xbox One, fat & slim PS3, 3DS, 2DS, PSP, Vita, 3DS, 2DS, DS, GBA, slim PS2, etc.).  I'm going to wait next year like May (after tax season) and see I can get a used PS5 (physical) for $400. Sloppy seconds for the FTW.

My boss reached out to me this morning (on my day off) because she knew I was trying to get multiple consoles just in case one got cancelled. Apparently she was able to get one, but my manager's got cancelled, so she's trying to see if I can sell her one of my extras if it doesn't get cancelled. I already have two that were planned for my brother and friend, but they've been iffy about if they want them.

I feel like everything is still so up in the air that I don't want to make any promises to anyone.

I always say the best deals are from items on hand. I hope every scalper who already has a ridiculous Ebay auction or buy it now or whatever gets cancelled. Once you have 2 or 3 PS5s at your house or whatever make them deals!

So, in regard to the PSVR, we know that it is compatible with the PS5 but we have no idea about game compatibility currently right?  We know they were looking for the top 100 PS4 games to be compatible at launch, but I doubt any of those are dedicated PSVR games.  So ultimately the PSVR may be useless for use with the PS5 at launch as well as shortly thereafter?

All games will work. All YOUR games will work. They only initially tested the top 100. But they've since expanded it.

The fun part though is that they haven't yet detailed how the PS4 camera plugs into the PS5. There's a 'free adapter' they haven't explained how to get yet.

All games will work. All YOUR games will work. They only initially tested the top 100. But they've since expanded it.
The fun part though is that they haven't yet detailed how the PS4 camera plugs into the PS5. There's a 'free adapter' they haven't explained how to get yet.
Is Sony going to let you use PS4 controllers for ps4 games played on the ps5? Not sure how you would track things in ps vr.

bread's done
Back