Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Weird, I thought Deathloop was on Game Pass; must've been a deal before the acquisition. I can wait since it didn't really interest me to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish PlayStation was like Xbox where you can change your region to play games earlier. Preordered Deathloop on digital. Midnight is too late this old man. :)

Could you elaborate on how. I know it’s not important but the graphics didn’t look great to me in the previews and it gave me a XIII/ borderlands vibe to it.
It's nothing like Borderlands; it has a completely different structure and it's not a looter shooter. Stealth and exploration are MUCH more important mechanics. The levels have details in them you have to learn. Borderlands is just running around shooting things and hoping good colors pop out then reading gun stats.

Could you elaborate on how. I know it’s not important but the graphics didn’t look great to me in the previews and it gave me a XIII/ borderlands vibe to it.
It's Dishonored vibe with graphics and loving the gameplay. Honestly I just love Arkane games, but the voice actiong with Juliana and Colt is great. Colt is especially cool with the quality of lines and emotional presentation.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/14/ps5s-september-system-software-update-launches-globally-tomorrow/

The FW update that lets you add an M.2 SSD for additional internal storage along with a bunch of other stuff will be out tomorrow:

PS5 September System Software Update Features

PS5 UX Enhancements

The PS5 September Update features new UX enhancements that make it easier than ever for players to view, personalize and manage their game content and console experience:

• Control Center customization. Players can now customize their Control Center more freely by rearranging or choosing which controls to hide or unhide at the bottom of the screen.
  • Enhanced Game Base. Players can now easily view and write messages to friends and Parties directly from Game Base in the Control Center.

While viewing Game Base in full screen, players can also see how many of their friends are online, busy, or offline, as well as accept, decline or cancel multiple friend requests at once.

• Game Library and Home Screen updates. If you have PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game installed, they’ll now appear separately in the “Installed” tab of the Game Library and on the Home screen. Each game’s tile now also clearly indicates its platform.
  • Screen Reader controls. Players can now pause or resume Screen Reader (Press “PS + Triangle buttons”) and have it repeat anything it reads (Press “PS + R1 buttons”).
New Gaming and Social Experience Customizations
  • PlayStation Now resolution selector and connection test tool. PlayStation Now subscribers can choose between 720p or 1080p (depending on individual game) to accommodate their preferred video resolution for game streaming. A streaming connection test also helps them identify and troubleshoot any problems with their connection.
  • New Accolade Type: “Leader.” Following an online match, players can award others with a fourth accolade type, “Leader,” which is visible on players’ profiles.
  • Automatic capture of “personal best” videos. When players compete in challenges for a better time or a higher score and set a new personal best, a video clip of the action will automatically be recorded. Players can also share clips of their personal bests directly from the challenge card in the Control Center, or from their Media Gallery. Players have direct control over this functionality via their Captures and Broadcast settings.
  • New Trophy tracker. We’ve added a new Trophy Tracker that lets players quickly access up to five trophies per game through the Control Center.

3D Audio Support for Built-In TV Speakers

The PS5 September Update adds support for players to experience 3D audio through their built-in TV speakers. Once enabled in the Sound menu, this feature transforms standard two-channel TV speaker audio into three-dimensional sound, heightening the sense of gameplay immersion.* Players can measure the acoustics of their room using the microphone on their DualSense wireless controller to apply the 3D audio setting that’s optimized for their room.**

3D audio via compatible headsets on PS5 has been a popular feature among fans and developers. We’re thrilled to bring this feature to life for players directly through their built-in TV speakers, in addition to the headset support that’s been available since launch.

In addition, players with a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset now have access to equalizer settings within Sound Controls, allowing them to customize the sound profile according to their preference.

M.2 SSD Storage Expansion

Starting tomorrow, PS5 players around the globe can expand their storage capacity with an M.2 SSD, a type of high-speed solid state drive that can be installed in the PS5 console or PS5 Digital Edition console.

Once installed in the PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition console, M.2 SSD storage can be used to download, copy, and launch PS5 and PS4 games, as well as media apps. You can play PS5 and PS4 games directly from M.2 SSD storage and freely move games between storage options.

Important: M.2 SSDs must meet the minimum performance and size requirements outlined on this page. Using an M.2 SSD also requires effective heat dissipation with a cooling structure (such as a heatsink) that meets the dimensional requirements. Please read the page linked above carefully before purchasing any M.2 SSD or cooling structure for use with PS5.

Here’s a look at how to install an M.2 SSD in your PS5 console:

PS Remote Play App and PS App Enhancements
  • PS Remote Play App over mobile networks
    With the PS Remote Play app, players have enjoyed the ability to remotely stream and play PS4 and PS5 games, switch between games, and browse their console’s menus on any compatible device connected to their broadband network.*** Now, players using the mobile app for iOS and Android have the option of using a mobile data connection when WiFi is not available.
  • Broadband internet with at least 5Mbps is required for PS Remote Play. For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
  • To help manage the amount of data used through a mobile connection, players can select their preferred video quality for mobile data streaming.
  • Please note the quality and connectivity of your Remote Play experience may vary depending on your mobile carrier network and network environment.

• View Share Screen broadcasts on PS App
    Starting next Thursday, Sept. 23, a PS App update will begin rolling out globally and give users the ability to view their friends’ Share Screen broadcasts together.
  • To start, join a party voice chat from your mobile device with a friend who’s playing on a PS5 console. Then ask your friend on PS5 to start their Share Screen broadcast. Please note, only players on PS5 can broadcast via Share Screen.
  • The Android version of the update is a phased release and may take one week until the update is available on your mobile device.

PS4 Console Enhancements

We’re also introducing some new features for PS4, including the ability for players to view their PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and Trophy list. Players can also view other players’ PS5 trophies on PS4. On both PS4 and PS5 consoles, Party owners now also have the ability to disband a Party without having to remove players individually.

Kena Bridge of Spirits is releasing next Tuesday. Anyone planning to get it? Kind of surprise it wasn't shown at the PS showcase last week.
Its on my wishlist but I am going to wait for some reviews first. It looks great and is the my type of game but I believe this is the studios first game so it may be buggy at launch. I want to see how it runs and if there are any major issues first before I buy it. Also typical with PlayStation there is no launch discount incentive to preorder it before release.

Plus I have Deathloop arriving today and will be playing this next after I complete Psychonauts 2.

Need to put in the next few months an order for an SSD for my PS5. Frankly the base model doesn't have anywhere near enough space for games. Sucks but it's the truth. Just hate how easily the space is eaten up by games.

Glad to see we'll be able to add an SSD soon. Gonna need more space sooner than later. Disappointed and somewhat concerned that there is still no VRR support and 3D audio looks interesting at first glance but seeing it is only for TV speakers makes it a bit of a moot point. Hopefully the next big update will have VRR and 3D audio support for home theater setups.

They really released the new systems at the wrong time. To be fair, they couldn’t have anticipated the chip shortage, but between that and the fact that clearly neither company can afford to put in a reasonable amount of storage of the format they want to use and at a price point they feel will sell, early adopters are getting screwed twice as hard as usual.

Which is already pretty hard.

Oh well, I’ll wait for the 4TB Pro at $300 or less in five or six years.

Had my first hard crash on my PS5 playing Deathloop. Lost some progress. Not sure if it was the game itself or something else.

There were things about HZD I liked more than BOTW, but HZD definitely felt antiquated to me after playing BOTW. With BOTW you have all of these deep, systems-driven mechanics that created a really immersive experience for me. There are tons of ways to solve puzzles, environments you could set on fire, hot, cold, and a plethora of immersive mechanics.

HZD by contrast felt a lot more traditional in its design; rarely if ever did anything happen in HZD that the designers clearly didn't map out for me. It isn't a game that rewards exploration and creativity nearly as much. But I agree it was still a really great game and that it had a more interesting overall story, deeper combat, and higher fidelity graphics. I just wish the game had more charm.

Sony's properties generally don't have pleasant quirkiness to them. I'm a big sucker for that.

On the subject of Forbidden West, I'm really worried about what they're going to do with it. I feel like the first game exposed and wrapped up so much, I'm not sure how a sequel can remain interesting. It'll probably be more about the world they're in now, which was the least interesting part of HZD to me by far. Aloy was not my favorite character; her debating with Silens was so petulant at times. I am, at least, looking forward to his return.
Understandable. The way BotW underutilized characters was a huge downer. So many characters that were full of charm were never fleshed out. The DLC was supposed to do that ( for the champions at least), but failed just as hard. Then Age of Calamity botched the story of the war with the garbage time travel at the end. I Hope Zelda 2 at least fleshes out Ganon and his past. He looks terrifying in the trailer and how he got under the castle, history with the royal family, former reign and all that good stuff would be awesome in game. I don't want to have to buy the game, Season pass, Champion Encyclopedia, & Musou spin-off just to get the story like with BotW.

The SSD space has been no issue whatsoever for me--but I also wouldn't ever install more than like 5-7 games at once. I simply never have any reasons to do that with how I game: for completion, largely single-player and only 1-2 titles at once. I definitely don't feel screwed, but to each their own. It's been a lot easier on PS5 than living with my PS5 than my launch model 500GB PS4 and I had for like 7 years prior.

PS5 apps really are small compared to the PS4 versions; they've definitely come through on that promise. Load times are awesome, 60 FPS  with some really nice visuals... The hardware is solid. I have complaints about this console generation so far, but most of them revolve around software support and the Disney/Marvelization of Sony's studios. Microsoft snapped up so many of my favorite developers that I am now worried about the future for Sony.

As someone who had 16tb of external storage hooked up to my PS4, I have zero added storage for my PS5, and I have had the beta for the last month.  No point in expanding right now unless your internet downloads shit at dial up speeds.

Here's a new SSD heatsink designed for the PS5 (it replaces the metal cover for the slot):

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-M-2-NVMe-heatsink-SB-PSHS/dp/B09G2N7HKC/

I tried adding some credit to my PSN account using the 15% boost on Cash App, and it failed for the first time because of insufficient funds.  Previously I only added enough funds to the Cash App to cover the post-boost cost without any problems until now.  It consumed my boost so I have to wait to try it again.

Here's a new SSD heatsink designed for the PS5 (it replaces the metal cover for the slot):

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-M-2-NVMe-heatsink-SB-PSHS/dp/B09G2N7HKC/

I tried adding some credit to my PSN account using the 15% boost on Cash App, and it failed for the first time because of insufficient funds. Previously I only added enough funds to the Cash App to cover the post-boost cost without any problems until now. It consumed my boost so I have to wait to try it again.
I disagree with Sabrent's claims, the official Sony m.2 install video shows the technician putting back on the original slot, if it's good enough for Sony it's good enough for me.

The SSD space has been no issue whatsoever for me--but I also wouldn't ever install more than like 5-7 games at once.
Or you know, if you have more than one person using it. Fallout 76 and Borderlands 3 are huge.

As someone who had 16tb of external storage hooked up to my PS4, I have zero added storage for my PS5, and I have had the beta for the last month. No point in expanding right now unless your internet downloads shit at dial up speeds.
PS4/PS5 downloads are slow for me. If their servers were as fast as Steam's, I wouldn't care so much. Things that takes me 3 minute on Steam takes 60 minutes on PS5.

I have about 6 games on my PS5 and it's at max capacity. Two of them are Borderlands 3 + all DLC and CoD Cold War (likely to moved to PS4 dedicated external drive). The base HD is way to small especially since everything is trying to be 4K HD which means lots of space being taken up by assets. I hope whenever the PS5 gets a redesign (be smaller please!) they get like a 1.5 TB or close to that HD. I'm going to play the shuffle game to get games installed on my PS5 without desperately needing an upgrade at HD, but I know within months I will need another one and just let the pain flow and get a bigger expensive over 1TB at least extra HD. I've had to upgrade most HDs though including the PS4 so this is not new at least.

Metro Exodus is on sale for 10 bucks, and comes with free ps5 upgrade. If I buy, can I download the ps5 version directly, or do I have to download the ps4 version first, and then update it?

Metro Exodus is on sale for 10 bucks, and comes with free ps5 upgrade. If I buy, can I download the ps5 version directly, or do I have to download the ps4 version first, and then update it?
Usually if both versions are available I've seen you can just install the ps5 version directly either from the web library or from the psn store on the console itself.

That wont be good for sales for sure coming out after CoD. I love the BF experience, but yeah this is not great. Sucks for delays for sure, but this will hit harder than it seems.

Still looking forward to BF 2042. I’m really tired of World War II so will pass on CoD regardless.

I already paid for the ultimate digital version. I like the steelbook at gamestop (I think) but my son and I share multiplayer games so I went digital.

Anyone know if you can buy PSN cards with rewards certs from Best Buy or is that bullshit rule still in place?

Anyone know if you can buy PSN cards with rewards certs from Best Buy or is that bullshit rule still in place?
I think I remember a specific $50 card being an exception but they might have changed it.
Best advice is to buy a game you can flip to GS for an equivalent amount (since GS funny money can be used on GCs) or if there's no flips, buying and refunding an item so your points roll into a new cert.

I think I remember a specific $50 card being an exception but they might have changed it.
Best advice is to buy a game you can flip to GS for an equivalent amount (since GS funny money can be used on GCs) or if there's no flips, buying and refunding an item so your points roll into a new cert.
GS funny money won't work on GCs anymore other than ones specifcally for gaming (However Steam GC didn't work either)

GS funny money won't work on GCs anymore other than ones specifcally for gaming (However Steam GC didn't work either)
I meant gaming $ GCs. I have continually used GS gift cards and trade credit to pay for them both online and in-store. Steam may be an exception, but I've done it for Xbox, PSN and even eShop GCs with 0 issues.

Edit: Might as well throw this in there. You CAN use certs/gift cards to pay for a specific digital code from Best Buy. I've gotten stuff like the Tetris 99 upgrade, a year of PS Now and the Luigi Mansion's Pass this way.

bread's done
Back