Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Fair enough but I remember this happening with DBD though, and I'd be honestly surprised if they deliberately allowed that to happen. Obviously the tech to block it has been added since as evidenced by FFVII and Uncharted but I thought it was more of a "publisher specifically asks for a block ahead of time" kind of thing and I didn't see those kind of warnings ahead of time with RE7.
Dead by Daylight makes its money at this point on the DLC, and maybe microtransaction currency stuff, so the price to buy the game isn't that vital to their business. Plus, you still need PS+ to play the game either way, so it doesn't change much on that. I'm surprised that it's not free to play at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PS Plus essential expires soon, but I have an unredeemed PS Plus card. Should I upgrade to "Extra" before or after redeeming the card? Is there a difference in price depending on the order?

My PS Plus essential expires soon, but I have an unredeemed PS Plus card. Should I upgrade to "Extra" before or after redeeming the card? Is there a difference in price depending on the order?
It's so stinking confusing. I added a one year PS now back in April and now have PS+ premium and my auto renew is set for $59.99. I don't know if that is going to be for premium or essential. The friend I gameshare with had PlayStation Plus and I added a 1-month PS Now code and he now has PS+ Premium and his renewal is set at $119.99.

All this is confusing but maybe we should, I don't know, wait 2 days before we all grab the pitchforks.   

I mean, I still have PSNow and PS+ listed on the Web store, but only PS+ Premium on the PS5 store.

Maybe they need to consolidate the data or some technobabble 

I mean for me I just wanna play asuras wrath(available), metal gear series, Def jam fight for ny and fight night which are nowhere to be found. Ugh

Thought I got the upgrade for Re7 free but I guess I actually must have bought the game a long time ago and forgot. Backlogs so long that I don't even know what is in it anymore.

Glad to see that Naughty Dog’s unspoken policy of making every female character as unattractive as possible is continuing in Remake … case in point - Tess.

Eh, no attractive women in Naughty Dog games is a hell of a stretch.

Tess does look different but if she's supposed to be like 40 then the old model definitely looked too young. If anything I think they changed her face to look more like the voice/mocap actress.

A little bummed that Sony-published and Sony studio-developed MLB The Show is on Game Pass but not PS+. Other than that, launch list generally looked pretty good to me. Played some Tetris Effect last night. Going to play Ys 9. Will check-out Returnal even though it's not really my kind of thing.
That's the thing though. On Xbox The Show is Sony developed but published by MLB themselves which is why Microsoft can deliver a truck of cash to get it on Game Pass day one.

Maybe they could add it after 8-9 months like EA does but Sony might expect less sales of the new one if they do that.

It’s $70 for a ‘Part 1’ as well, so you’re looking at $140+ for that? Sony is drunk.

Edit: I guess it’s the first full game, and the second game will be Part II. Either way, $70 is too much.
As if they couldn't release them together? No need to provide apologies for this.

Been 5 days and we are still complaining about TLOU’s price, models, release, and whatever the fuck else.

Just don’t buy it. Wait for a sale. Be a CheapAssGamer.

Dead by Daylight makes its money at this point on the DLC, and maybe microtransaction currency stuff, so the price to buy the game isn't that vital to their business. Plus, you still need PS+ to play the game either way, so it doesn't change much on that. I'm surprised that it's not free to play at this point.
The main issue if it were free to play is the amount of cheaters it'd bring to the game on PC. I don't know if that's why BHVR hasn't done it yet, but I think that's mostly what the community would be worried about since it's far too easy to cheat and there'd be no need for someone to rebuy the game after they're eventually banned

There's barely any content in the base game, so it might as well be f2p right now. You're basically going to have to buy most of the content unless you're willing to put in hundreds/thousands of hours to grind for it.. and you can't grind for any of the licensed characters

Hot Shots Golf is perfect for the rewind feature, as you can give yourself many chances to get the hole in one trophies for the mini golf and regular golf holes. The platinum seems attainable.

So I dug through my receipt emails and found that I did purchase the PSP version of Echochrome, but it still isn’t showing up as owned on the ps4/ps5 store. Anyone else have this issue as well?

That's the thing though. On Xbox The Show is Sony developed but published by MLB themselves which is why Microsoft can deliver a truck of cash to get it on Game Pass day one.

Maybe they could add it after 8-9 months like EA does but Sony might expect less sales of the new one if they do that.
I did not realize that, but that does make much more sense! Thanks.

Hot Shots Golf is perfect for the rewind feature, as you can give yourself many chances to get the hole in one trophies for the mini golf and regular golf holes. The platinum seems attainable.
I played around with it the other night and found the swing button timing was lagging significantly . Is that how it’s supposed to play? This made it borderline unplayable for me.

I played around with it the other night and found the swing button timing was lagging significantly . Is that how it’s supposed to play? This made it borderline unplayable for me.
You're not the only one to notice, but apparently that input lag was present when it originally released. HSG 2 reportedly fixed that and was more refined overall.

So I dug through my receipt emails and found that I did purchase the PSP version of Echochrome, but it still isn’t showing up as owned on the ps4/ps5 store. Anyone else have this issue as well?
Yeah, same story here. Maybe sony will fix it, maybe they won't. I've learned not to waste too much effort trying to get sony to fix things. All we can do is hope they care.

Just a heads-up guys, but if you have Playstation Premium, you may not be able to download the free PS5 disc upgrades for games that are offered on PS+P.  I just popped my Cris Tales PS4 disc into my PS5 to download the free PS5 upgrade and when selecting the box on the main screen that would normally bring you to the product page to redeem the upgrade, instead of the "Free Upgrade" button being there, it's been replaced by a Plus Download button.  Spent over an hour talking to Playstation Store chat and they were clueless.  Had me try this, that and the other thing, but they simply didn't seem to understand that Plus was overriding the ability to select the disc upgrade.

Yeah, same story here. Maybe sony will fix it, maybe they won't. I've learned not to waste too much effort trying to get sony to fix things. All we can do is hope they care.
Yeah I wasted time with PlayStation help chat, and they were stuck in the loop of “you need a higher tier of PS plus to play classic games” told them I bought it back in 2008 and after they looked into it for awhile they said it doesn’t work because I didn’t buy it through ps4 to make it backward compatible with my PS5. So I just gave up. They need to take more notes from xbox on backwards compatibility.

https://p-ch.jp/remaster/portal/

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable are PS4 versions.

Please let there be an upgrade option for P5 Royal PS5. With Sega/Atlus I wouldn't be surprised if they ask full price again though.
They never said P5R was upgraded….. plus there is nothing to really even upgrade with those visuals. Not enough to warrant a new release. I doubt any of these will even get physical editions.

They never said P5R was upgraded….. plus there is nothing to really even upgrade with those visuals. Not enough to warrant a new release. I doubt any of these will even get physical editions.
60 FPS, which the Series and PC versions will most likely have.

Just a heads-up guys, but if you have Playstation Premium, you may not be able to download the free PS5 disc upgrades for games that are offered on PS+P. I just popped my Cris Tales PS4 disc into my PS5 to download the free PS5 upgrade and when selecting the box on the main screen that would normally bring you to the product page to redeem the upgrade, instead of the "Free Upgrade" button being there, it's been replaced by a Plus Download button. Spent over an hour talking to Playstation Store chat and they were clueless. Had me try this, that and the other thing, but they simply didn't seem to understand that Plus was overriding the ability to select the disc upgrade.
The PS5 version isn't on the PS4 disc, the disc basically acts as a physical key to download the PS5 version from PSN which I can see as downloadable through my PS+ sub. Why not just download that, then?

Very dumb question. I can do both. I can listen to my same music playlist everyday and add new songs as they come to my attention. I can also rewatch my faves from the Blu ray collection and still go to the theater/apps for new releases. That's the magic of being an adult. Crazy right?!
I was coming from the standpoint that games take longer than 3-5 minutes to complete. Also games are interactive. While I can get work done or drive while listening to a playlist slightly harder to do those things while playing a game.

The PS5 version isn't on the PS4 disc, the disc basically acts as a physical key to download the PS5 version from PSN which I can see as downloadable through my PS+ sub. Why not just download that, then?
Yes, I know how the upgrades work. The difference is that I purchased the physical disc because I want to own the game. Playstation Plus games are glorified rentals. If you stop paying for Plus then you lose access to those games. Yes, technically the PS5 upgrades are downloaded copies, but at least they are not tied to an account that I need to keep active, and I will be able to continue playing them if I ever choose to stop my Plus. Granted, I likely never will, but I still want the peace of mind knowing that I "own" the upgrade in the event I ever do. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the box for the game is advertising we are entitled to a free PS5 upgrade and Premium is blocking that download.

Yes, I know how the upgrades work. The difference is that I purchased the physical disc because I want to own the game. Playstation Plus games are glorified rentals. If you stop paying for Plus then you lose access to those games. Yes, technically the PS5 upgrades are downloaded copies, but at least they are not tied to an account that I need to keep active, and I will be able to continue playing them if I ever choose to stop my Plus. Granted, I likely never will, but I still want the peace of mind knowing that I "own" the upgrade in the event I ever do. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the box for the game is advertising we are entitled to a free PS5 upgrade and Premium is blocking that download.
Hate to break it to you but even owning a disc doesn’t mean you “own” the game.

Hate to break it to you but even owning a disc doesn’t mean you “own” the game.
Semantics. I'm not talking about the legal technicalities of your rights, and licensing, blah blah blah. I'm saying that with a disc, I can pop it in my, or any other, PS4/5 and play it to my heart's content. Sure, in some cases a patch may not be available and you get stuck in a THPS5 Situation, but those are the exception, not the rule. I don't want to rely on Sony's server and permission to play a game I purchased. Sony cannot digitally remove my access to playing a disc if they want to, they would need to come to my house and pry it from my cold, dead hand to stop me from being able to play it.

Yeah I wasted time with PlayStation help chat, and they were stuck in the loop of “you need a higher tier of PS plus to play classic games” told them I bought it back in 2008 and after they looked into it for awhile they said it doesn’t work because I didn’t buy it through ps4 to make it backward compatible with my PS5. So I just gave up. They need to take more notes from xbox on backwards compatibility.
Did you tell them you'd love to have bought the games on your PS4 back in 2008 but your time machine is broken?

Can you find it on the download history list of any Sony system you have?

https://twitter.com/Raizon/status/1536378761893003265/photo/1

And you thought $70 was a lot for TLOU

I was coming from the standpoint that games take longer than 3-5 minutes to complete. Also games are interactive. While I can get work done or drive while listening to a playlist slightly harder to do those things while playing a game.
I was coming from the standpoint that I can buy what I want regardless of if I've played, watched or listened to it in a previous format before. It doesn't matter if its a Blu ray/Vinyl re-release or a Zelda, Demons Souls, Gears of War, The Last of Us remake. Worry about yourself and not how I spend my money.

You have the disc, if you lose your PS+ subscription, then you just redownload *that* upgrade disc version if you're now at that point. Unless the disc won't let you upgrade once you're off of PS+ (similar to how you couldn't claim free PS+ games you downloaded on PS Now), that version ain't going anywhere until the servers go down years from now.

It's not even gonna be a different version, your saves would still work with it and everything, that's where I'm not sure where the issue lies aside from having an excuse to just give a customer service person a hard time for not having access to a game you already have multiple ways to access to whether youre on the paid subscription or not. If you want to play the game right now or in four years, you have a way to play it.

Also straight up, if you want a PS5 copy of a game to keep forever physically, the free upgrade from a PS4 disc isn't that since it still needs to download from the store. Once it's offline, it's offline-- I've been dealing with that lately since there's no way to get your paid downloads on a PSP anymore.

If you want to keep it forever on PS5, get the PS5 disc.

You have the disc, if you lose your PS+ subscription, then you just redownload *that* upgrade disc version if you're now at that point. Unless the disc won't let you upgrade once you're off of PS+ (similar to how you couldn't claim free PS+ games you downloaded on PS Now), that version ain't going anywhere until the servers go down years from now.

It's not even gonna be a different version, your saves would still work with it and everything, that's where I'm not sure where the issue lies aside from having an excuse to just give a customer service person a hard time for not having access to a game you already have multiple ways to access to whether youre on the paid subscription or not. If you want to play the game right now or in four years, you have a way to play it.

Also straight up, if you want a PS5 copy of a game to keep forever physically, the free upgrade from a PS4 disc isn't that since it still needs to download from the store. Once it's offline, it's offline-- I've been dealing with that lately since there's no way to get your paid downloads on a PSP anymore.

If you want to keep it forever on PS5, get the PS5 disc.
It's the principal of the thing. I didn't take the plastic off of this game case, open it up, and pop it in my system just so I can download the Plus version. Nor did I do it so I could immediately play the game. I won't be playing it today, tomorrow, next week, month or even year. I put the disc in so that I could redeem my PS5 copy and add it to my account for when the day comes that I do wish to play it. Apparently, you never bothered to look at DLC inserts on any games that you bought where it says you need to redeem it before an expiration date. So far we've been lucky and the free PS4 -> PS5 upgrades don't mention an expiration on the upgrade offer, but I do not wish to be caught off-guard one day if they should decide to implement it.

You're right, you do still need to download the PS5 version to play it if you upgrade from the PS4 discs. And I'm fine with that, as long as the upgrade is redeemed on my account.

The point remains that I paid for a game that promised a PS5 upgrade, and Sony's oversight is preventing that. If i was going to play the Plus version, then why even bother owning it on disc? I may as well just send it back to Amazon and save some money.

This starts in about six minutes. Now sure if it'll have a quick FFVII Remake Part 2 announcement or not:

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1535185214938435584

Probably not, but at least it's short at 10 minutes.

Edit: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced that seems like Crisis Core remade in FFVII Remake engine. PS5/PS4 and all other consoles.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth also announced for PS5. That's the follow up to FFVII Remake.

bread's done
Back