Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
 PS Plus Extra/Premium Update

- 4 New Games Added To Last Chance to play ! (32 > 36)

• Injustice 2
  • Batman Return to Arkham (Asylum/City)
  • Lego Harry Potter Collection
- Humanity Coming To PS Plus Extra Day One

[twitter]https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1649052974889717761?cxt=HHwWgsDSgbK8zuItAAAA[/twitter]

How do you embed the tweets?  Apparently, it's not the Twitter button or I'm using it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS Plus Extra/Premium Update

- 4 New Games Added To Last Chance to play ! (32 > 36)

• Injustice 2
  • Batman Return to Arkham (Asylum/City)
  • Lego Harry Potter Collection
- Humanity Coming To PS Plus Extra Day One

[twitter]https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1649052974889717761?cxt=HHwWgsDSgbK8zuItAAAA[/twitter]

How do you embed the tweets? Apparently, it's not the Twitter button or I'm using it wrong.
Just post the URL and it should auto-embed:

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1649052974889717761?cxt=HHwWgsDSgbK8zuItAAAA

Get a PS5. Not hard to get. At this point it isn't worth it to buy a PS4.
even if a PS4 pro is sub-$175? i will mainly want to play single-player, PS4 games that suck on the steam deck but will probably want to play some PS5 games once there are more cheap ones in a year or two. and i know the slim is supposed to be out this year, right, or did it get bumped too?

Get a PS5. Not hard to get. At this point it isn't worth it to buy a PS4.
it definitely isn't worth getting a ps5 currently at their price. Once they do a hardware revision and price lowered then it would be. Barring you have something that is exclusive to the platform.

even if a PS4 pro is sub-$175? i will mainly want to play single-player, PS4 games that suck on the steam deck but will probably want to play some PS5 games once there are more cheap ones in a year or two. and i know the slim is supposed to be out this year, right, or did it get bumped too?
No slim has been formally announced. Most single player PS4 games have a PS5 upgrade, but if playing the best version doesn't really matter to you than the PS4 Pro will be just fine. Sounds like you would want to upgrade to a PS5 in a couple years though. If you really want the Slim, I'd probably get the PS4 Pro now and play what you want and then get the slim when it releases and then sell the Pro. I personally would just buy a PS5 now and be future proofed for the next few years until the inevitable PS5 Pro.

it definitely isn't worth getting a ps5 currently at their price. Once they do a hardware revision and price lowered then it would be. Barring you have something that is exclusive to the platform.
With inflation I have a hard time seeing the price go down considerably unless they release it with the detachable disc drive sold separately like what's been rumored.

appreciate all three of y'all. i'm looking at amazon which has the GoW bundle for $400 right now. it's tempting as hell but i can get a pro for less than half too. are there any games that the ps5 is notorious for running poorly right now, or will there really be any hw concerns should i take the plunge now?

appreciate all three of y'all. i'm looking at amazon which has the GoW bundle for $400 right now. it's tempting as hell but i can get a pro for less than half too. are there any games that the ps5 is notorious for running poorly right now, or will there really be any hw concerns should i take the plunge now?
I heard Bloodborne had issues, not sure if it was ever patched. A lot of games that had issues early on got PS5 performance patches or full PS5 upgrades. At $400 I'd go with the PS5 and not worry about upgrading to play the next spiderman or other PS5 only games in the future. Plus the load times alone are enough to make me never want to play PS4 ever again.

Also there are a ton of free games you can only redeem on a PS5 console (with ps+). You have until May 9th to redeem them. So a lot of those games might be ones you are wanting to play which would save you a lot of money. (The games are Batman: Arkham Knight, Battlefield 1, Bloodborne, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition), Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, Fallout 4, Final Fantasy 15, God of War, Infamous Second Son, Monster Hunter World, Mortal Kombat X, Ratchet and Clank, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Until Dawn)

No slim has been formally announced. Most single player PS4 games have a PS5 upgrade, but if playing the best version doesn't really matter to you than the PS4 Pro will be just fine. Sounds like you would want to upgrade to a PS5 in a couple years though. If you really want the Slim, I'd probably get the PS4 Pro now and play what you want and then get the slim when it releases and then sell the Pro. I personally would just buy a PS5 now and be future proofed for the next few years until the inevitable PS5 Pro.

With inflation I have a hard time seeing the price go down considerably unless they release it with the detachable disc drive sold separately like what's been rumored.
I think that will depend on if they figure out any ways to get production costs down though they may just keep it at the same price. Or lower the discless to 300 and disc to 400.

Get it now or wait for the revision or pro model. I haven’t touched my ps4 ever since. Why do urself a disservice if u got a 4K tv and if it supports 60-120hz, have a wifi 6 router, want faster loading times, etc. it’s not just the console that’s better but the controller too.

would yall recommend getting a PS5 now, waiting or just getting a PS4?
As has been pointed out, the SSD is a game changer. The load times are a QOL difference that sounds eh whatever but in practice is enormously hard to go back from.

I'm an edge case, but on the QOL thing, as a hearing impaired dude, the ability to tell the system to default to subtitles on with any game that supports them was ALSO a game changer. Those two things combined mean that I paid $100ish over MSRP shortly after launch and don't regret it even with their ubiquitous availability now.

One more thing, what’s the easiest way to tell if the included GoW code has been used already? I want to sell it if it hasn’t been.
I believe you can enter them on the website, just don't hit redeem after viewing it. It should pop and and say redeem or cancel if it's good and if not it'd tell you it's used/expired

Is it the listing from seller Price 2 Save? They have less than 100 reviews and only an 81% positive rating, which isn't great. At least returns on Amazon are easy if you have any issues.

I find it kind of funny and hypocritical of people when they talk about how much better the load times are when I have been bringing up long load times since the PSX days and most people said they don't mind them and to shut up about it. Long load times are one of the main reasons I never got a PSX and praised Nintendo for sticking with cartridges. I remember there was one game on PC that my uncle had that I also had on the N64 and it took almost 4 minutes to load a level where the n64 took about 4 seconds. During the GCN, PS2 area, I loved how much quicker the Gamecube games loaded over PS2 but again, people told me they didn't mind load times. Most 3rd party games took 20-30 seconds longer to load on PS2 over GCN and no one seemed to mind. No matter how much I would bring up long load times I mostly got hate and disdain from users stating once again, that long load times are not a big deal. Now all of a sudden, load times are quicker and people are acting like it's some amazing thing when they haven't cared about long load times for the last 25 years.

I find it kind of funny and hypocritical of people when they talk about how much better the load times are when I have been bringing up long load times since the PSX days and most people said they don't mind them and to shut up about it. Long load times are one of the main reasons I never got a PSX and praised Nintendo for sticking with cartridges. I remember there was one game on PC that my uncle had that I also had on the N64 and it took almost 4 minutes to load a level where the n64 took about 4 seconds. During the GCN, PS2 area, I loved how much quicker the Gamecube games loaded over PS2 but again, people told me they didn't mind load times. Most 3rd party games took 20-30 seconds longer to load on PS2 over GCN and no one seemed to mind. No matter how much I would bring up long load times I mostly got hate and disdain from users stating once again, that long load times are not a big deal. Now all of a sudden, load times are quicker and people are acting like it's some amazing thing when they haven't cared about long load times for the last 25 years.
It isn’t that serious. This rant is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not hypocritical unless it's the very same people in both cases, and even then people are allowed to change their minds over several years.
They may also just be using specific bad loading times games as examples. Like fire emblem houses, last remnant etc. Some games had load times so long the joke about going to make a sandwich or the bathroom wasn't a joke for them. Even installed last remnants were crazy long.

Some may also be specific to certain hardware variations. Like chrono cross and the ps1 ffs are pretty rough. But play them on ps2 ps3 and they run a bit better. Tales of abyss on different ps2s has a 20-30 second loading difference iirc.

Is it hypocritical to talk about how I can buy a 2TB NVMe 4.0 SSD for PS5 for $119.99 and the proprietary one for Xbox Series X is $250 on sale?

Is it hypocritical to talk about how I can buy a 2TB NVMe 4.0 SSD for PS5 for $119.99 and the proprietary one for Xbox Series X is $250 on sale?
No it was a bad decision by Microsoft. Proprietary memory just doesn't work well anymore. It failed for the Vita, and we'll see how Xbox handles it.

MS made bad decisions for years like every generation. Like rushing the 360 out to have a 1 year advantage gave them the red ring of death and they still ended up last. Xbox one had all the movie and anti stuff from that conference that backfired on them. Series x was trying to one up ps5 with a powerful system this time but Sony had a better engineer. Also had a bad move on extra ssd storage.

Played the Street Fighter 6 demo and am not impressed. The open world game is incredibly bad, almost as if Capcom is parodying 90’s culture and its own fighting game roots. The regular game demo only has 2 characters, Ryu andLuke who seems to be the new face of the franchise. Might be in the minority but I find Luke to be incredibly annoying and uninteresting.

Played the Street Fighter 6 demo and am not impressed. The open world game is incredibly bad, almost as if Capcom is parodying 90’s culture and its own fighting game roots. The regular game demo only has 2 characters, Ryu andLuke who seems to be the new face of the franchise. Might be in the minority but I find Luke to be incredibly annoying and uninteresting.
back in the days fighting games were really only fun for like house parties or sleep overs, don’t think they’re meant to be played alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it still hard to get plates in black for PS5? I refuse to bring this hideous eyesore of a system out again until it matches the decor.

Ms made bad decisions for years like every generation. Rushing the 360 out to hace a 1 year advantage gave then red ring of death and they still ended up last. One was all the crap from that conference that backfired on them. Series was trying to one up Sony with a powerful system this time but Sony amd a better engineer an actual engineer not no slap things together for power but actually thought about it. As well bad move on extra ssd storage.
What a word salad this is.

No it was a bad decision by Microsoft. Proprietary memory just doesn't work well anymore. It failed for the Vita, and we'll see how Xbox handles it.
To be fair Microsoft had their SSD expansion solution available for their consoles one year before Sony... SSDs simply were not readily available yet. Of course they are easier to find now 3 years into the generation. MS exclusivity with Seagate was supposed to end after 1 year and competition was supposed to bring the prices down. We already see that with Western Digital, hopefully that continues. Keep in mind that Series X and S would like need to be MUCH larger in order to accommodate an internal SSD. Series consoles were purposefully built to be as compact as possible.

Sadly this issue will not be fixed until next generation or with a console revision. Ironically, you used to be able to use an external SSD using an adapter bought from places like AliExpress but MS stopped that via a firmware update.

Ms made bad decisions for years like every generation. Rushing the 360 out to hace a 1 year advantage gave then red ring of death and they still ended up last. One was all the crap from that conference that backfired on them. Series was trying to one up Sony with a powerful system this time but Sony amd a better engineer an actual engineer not no slap things together for power but actually thought about it. As well bad move on extra ssd storage.
It's more complicated than that. Series X is still the more powerful console. Nobody in their right mind is going to say that a Dual Core CPU is more powerful than Quad Core CPU. When Quad Core CPUs first hit the market, Dual Cores were often able to hit higher clock speeds and it took time for developers to program games for multi threaded CPUs as many games were still using a single core. That's what we have here. The PS5 has 36 CUs which are clocked higher while the Xbox has 52 CUs but are clocked slightly lower.

It was actually Sony that rushed this generation, they had dev kits for PS5 almost a full year before Xbox. Xbox actually waited for full RDNA 2 features which PS5 does not have. Devs are simply not bothering to code for RDNA 2 features because Sony does not have it so Xbox games run slower since they are not being fully optimized.

Let's be real here, PS3 and PS4 were real pieces of shit. PS3 nearly made Sony go bankrupt and had it's own YLOD issues. Xbox One X was the better and more advanced console last gen. PS5 and Series consoles are both great consoles. In fact the PS5 is probably over engineered to make up for the faults of the PS4 which is why it's so massive.

You can barely find any Series X in the wild. I wonder if MS were losing money on that console or if it's their way of saying that console users are second class citizens or if they are planning a hardware revision. *shrugs*

^ This the same guy that was saying that the PS5 liquid metal will eventually leak due to gravity pulling down on the heatsink and the spinning disc drive causing torque.

^ This the same guy that was saying that the PS5 liquid metal will eventually leak due to gravity pulling down on the heatsink and the spinning disc drive causing torque.
Oops! Firstly, I thought this was the Xbox thread, didn't realize this was the PS thread.

I am a "tech" geek. I enjoy discussing tech. I was simply reporting what other repair shops were reporting and even playstation guys such as Mystic Ryan talked about it. IF it's a point of failure it could take time to manifest in the same way that not every X360 suffered from RROD. I still have a working Xbox 360 while others have gone through 5-6 of them. I still own every console starting with the PS1, OG Xbox and Dreamcast and have never had any issues with any of them. Everything breaks eventually, from toasters to cars and yes... even consoles.

bread's done
Back