Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Really appealing to the weeb/Japanese gamer market this month. I guess they assume that market will be more willing to deal with the price hike.

Also a smart move because those kinds of games are often not found on Xbox (so de facto third party "exclusives" which are far cheaper to put on their service than first party ones like Starfield).
Speaking of weebs, I'm feeling a little nostalgic so I'm finally biting the bullet on Shenmue I & II. If Shenmue 3 Deluxe edition had been on sale I would have picked that up too. I'll have my plate full with Shenmue I & II and 13 Sentinels until then.

I'm also picking up Cat Quest II because why not.

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Star Ocean First Departure R | PS4

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time | PS4
Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & FHD Remaster | PS4

Dragon’s Crown Pro | PS4
Have they had PS4 games as Premium only before?  Or are these not PS4 games?

Lol isn't this not the first time Playstation has dropped a State of Play on the same day as a Nintendo Direct? We'll see which presentation ends up having the better announcements, though I imagine a good chunk of Playstation's video will be about FFVIIR2 since they know that's what most people want to see. Maybe a release date (please don't be February lol).

Well, not to be a downer but this is just third party so I wouldn’t expect any big announcements. There might be higher expectations for Nintendo’s Direct.

But fingers crossed for some goodies.

New PS5 firmware update is out now:

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/09/13/ps5-update-rolls-out-globally-with-new-accessibility-audio-and-social-feature-enhancements/

PS Remote Play support on additional Android devices
  • PS Remote Play allows you to stream games from your PS5 or PS4 console to another device – including smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android), PCs and Mac – over the internet or through your home network. This provides you with more options to enjoy your favorite games even when you’re away from the living room.*
  • Starting today, the PS Remote Play app will be available on devices running Android TV OS 12.**
  • Here are the verified devices so far:
    Chromecast with Google TV (4K model)
  • BRAVIA XR A95L model

[*]To use Remote Play on these devices, search for the PS Remote Play app on your Android device to download and install the app.
[*]To learn more about PS Remote Play, visit PlayStation.com.
New Voice Command options (U.S. and U.K. limited release)

• Voice Command has been improved.
    Say “Hey PlayStation, help” to activate Help content. You can now navigate between help content pages using Voice Command.
  • Say “Hey PlayStation, what’s new?” and you can now check for new PS5 features and see the current PlayStation Plus monthly games lineup.

[*]Note: Voice Command (Preview) is currently available in English for PS5 players with accounts registered to the U.S. and U.K.
New PS App enhancements

Later this month, we’ll also gradually roll out some new features for PS App globally, on iOS and Android. Just like the PS5 console updates, you’ll be able to react to messages with emojis and see a preview of someone’s Share Screen before joining the party on PS App.

Previously announced features that were part of the beta will also be included in the global release.

New accessibility features

• Use a Second Controller for Assistance. You can now assign a second controller to one account as an assist controller, and use two controllers to operate your PS5 console as if you were using a single controller. This feature introduces a new way for you to enjoy games collaboratively with others or help a friend or child navigate a particularly challenging section of a game.
    To use an assist controller, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Controllers] > [Use Second Controller for Assistance], and then turn on [Use Assist Controller].
  • You can use an assist controller when your main controller is a DualSense or DualSense Edge wireless controller, or a PS5-supported third-party controller.***

• System UI Haptic Feedback. You now have the option to turn on haptic feedback effects while navigating your PS5 with your DualSense controller, DualSense Edge controller, or PS VR2 Sense controller.
    When enabled, system sound effects for certain events will also be reflected physically through haptics, such as moving focus, reaching the end limit of a scrollable section, checking a box, or when you receive a notification or start up a game. This optional feature enhances immersion and is particularly useful for players with some level of sight or hearing disability, who appreciate the additional feedback on their inputs.
  • To turn on this feature, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Controllers], and then turn on [Haptic Feedback During Console Navigation].

Support for compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices

• 3D Audio powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech can now be enjoyed by those who own compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled HDMI devices such as soundbars, TVs or home theater systems. Tempest 3D AudioTech specifically renders to the Dolby Atmos audio device in use – including overhead channels – allowing for even greater levels of immersion in the audioscapes of PS5 games. ****
    To turn on Dolby Atmos, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output] > [Audio Format (Priority)], and then select [Dolby Atmos].

Social feature enhancements

• Party UI update. You can now invite a player into a closed party without automatically adding the player into the group or creating a new group. Additionally, players can now send open or closed party invitations to groups instead of only individual players.
  • Share Screen Preview. When someone’s sharing their screen in a party that you can join, you’ll now see a preview image of their Share Screen, even before you enter the party.
  • Join friends’ game sessions easily. You can now easily see which of your friends are in an activity you can join under the [Friends] tab.
    The Joinable icon will be displayed next to friends who are playing a game you can join.
  • You can join a friend’s game directly by pressing the options button and selecting [Join Game], or by selecting the ”Join” button on their profile card.

• Game Hub tournaments tile. In the game hub, you can now see how many tournaments you’ve entered and the highest place you’ve achieved, as well as the start time for the next tournament. You can select the tile to see the full tournament list.
  • React to messages with emojis. You can now add reactions to messages with emojis, which makes communicating with friends quicker and easier.
Ease-of-use features

• Search for games in your library. You can now search for games within your game library.
  • Game Help improvements. Game Help cards have been improved.*****
    In addition to in-progress activities, you can now see available, previously available, upcoming, and completed activities.
  • When a card is selected, its details are now displayed on the right side of the card, making it easier to find objectives and their corresponding hints.

• Discover new features. Browse useful tips for getting the most out of your PS5 and learn about new features in the new Discover Tips section.
    Go to [Settings] > [Guide & Tips, Health & Safety, and Other Information] > [Guide and Tips], and then select [Discover Tips] to view all the tips.

• Mute PS5 beep sound. You can now mute or adjust the volume of the PS5’s beep sound when turning it on or off, or putting it in rest mode.
    Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Beep Sound].
  • To adjust the beep sound volume, select [Volume].
  • To mute the beep sound, turn on [Mute Beep Sound].

Support for larger-capacity M.2 SSDs

• You can now use an M.2 SSD with a maximum capacity of 8TB (up from the previous 4TB limit) to expand storage space on your PS5 console.
    Important: M.2 SSDs must meet the requirements outlined on this page. Please read the page linked above carefully before purchasing any M.2 SSDs for use with your PS5.

Over/under on them mentioning the price increase and what the extra $ subscribers are paying is going towards?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm streaming some Eternights if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a dungeon crawling Persona-style narrative game where you're eventually getting choices of what to do with your day to go through the dungeon or hang out with friends to further relationships and/or boost stats to help you with the dungeons later. The action is pretty simple stuff as you have a Breath of the Wild-style slowdown on a perfect dodge that sets up your other big attacks that is vital to the boss fights you run into. The story stuff has been fine so far with there being a lot of dialog choices you pick to boost stats, so you're encouraged to go for more weird or outlandish choices to get those better choices. It's been pretty good so far, especially for a largely one-person studio.

Well, not to be a downer but this is just third party so I wouldn’t expect any big announcements. There might be higher expectations for Nintendo’s Direct.

But fingers crossed for some goodies.
Not to be a downer but its all about previous announced indies and 3rd party.

Just canceled my PS Essential subscription but still have access to it until 11/29/23.

Unless there is a killer Black Friday deal my PS sub goes dark for first time in many many years. Will lose access to the PS3, PS4 and PS5 game library I built up with Essential subs every year.

Honestly I am fine with that since I use my PS5 for the PS4 and PS5 Sony exclusives that I purchased. Same with my PS3.
My understanding is if you ever want access to your PS3/PS4/PS5 PS+ game libraries, all you have to do is subscribe again to get them all back. Same with Xbox One Gold games. My plan is to let my PS+ expire too. If someday I ever have the urge to play my PS+ library, I'll subscribe for 1 month only, focus on playing those PS+ games, and then cancel. No longer am I going to run concurrent subscriptions to PS+, GPU, and several streaming services because I can't use each one fully. IMO, better to pay $12 for just 1 month of 1 service and focus on that than to pay $2-$4 each for numerous services and only use a little of each.

My understanding is if you ever want access to your PS3/PS4/PS5 PS+ game libraries, all you have to do is subscribe again to get them all back. Same with Xbox One Gold games. My plan is to let my PS+ expire too. If someday I ever have the urge to play my PS+ library, I'll subscribe for 1 month only, focus on playing those PS+ games, and then cancel. No longer am I going to run concurrent subscriptions to PS+, GPU, and several streaming services because I can't use each one fully. IMO, better to pay $12 for just 1 month of 1 service and focus on that than to pay $2-$4 each for numerous services and only use a little of each.
Unless they change something in the future, this is how it is worked for me. I barely used my PS4 and did not subscribe to PS Plus for almost 10 years. When I got my PS5, I signed up again for old PS plus games and to see if old save games were there.

I seem to recall when they started cloud saves, Sony said that when a subscription ends your saves would only be there for six months or something like that. That clearly changed because I have decade old save games from my Vita that are still there and even resumed some games to finish some trophies.

I'm currently subscribed until May 2025, so I will probably prioritize some of my backlog that is tied to the subscription so when it ends I don't feel any ambivalence.

I do kind of wish I had upgraded to premium for $30 before they took off the price cap though.

I was thinking of getting star ocean for 25 so thinking of maybe upgrading my essential to extra for 50 instead….even though the service is more or less not needed since almost every month I have played the games being offered

Good thing is from what I have read, nothing internally has changed. Just the addition of a removable disc drive but who knows at this point until someone does a tear down.
Considering Playstation stated specifically that the State of Play will focus on indies and third party releases, I'd be surprised if they made any hardware announcements. Plus, the holidays are almost here. Unless they could get that revision out before Black Friday, it'd be silly to announce it now and make people second-guess buying a PS5. But hey, maybe they will get it out in time for the holidays. We'll see in 5 hours lol

Helldivers 2 will be a part of the State of Play, so that's a first-party game:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1702365429933424748

I am amazed that the PS5 Firmware update is actually more than just a "stability" upgrade to prevent a jailbreak. 8TB support and Dolby Atmos support added? Nice.

Don’t revisions typically cheapen out on quality to reduce costs?
Only for the super (anorexic) slim of which solely on the ps3. Ps4 had a pro version for its revision and the regular slim version for ps3 was the best version (since the bc phats have high failure rates) and I haven't heard anything bad for the ps4 slim. I have all of the 2-3 line (minus bc phat) and phat and slim ps4 models. I wanted a pro but they discontinued it before they ever went on sale for deeper discount like all the other consoles. Ps5 however has been harder to maintain stock of during the pandemic. So they may not discount it much if at all.

The "revised" PS5 is supposed to be reveal today according to some articles. We will see.
PS5 is the first playstation console I've not purchased early on. For one thing I'm happy with my PS4 and previous playstation consoles. There just hasn't been anything must have for PS5 to me. GTA 6 would change all that. I'm a big ratchet and clank fan but it alone don't justify a PS5 on my shelf. Not only this but I don't have a 4k TV to truly take advantage but then again PS2 graphics are ok to me. Just no killer must have game. If sony does a revision and it looks like the original fat PS2 with a bit more modern look then I'd have to bite, but not yet.

I'm streaming some Eternights if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a dungeon crawling Persona-style narrative game where you're eventually getting choices of what to do with your day to go through the dungeon or hang out with friends to further relationships and/or boost stats to help you with the dungeons later. The action is pretty simple stuff as you have a Breath of the Wild-style slowdown on a perfect dodge that sets up your other big attacks that is vital to the boss fights you run into. The story stuff has been fine so far with there being a lot of dialog choices you pick to boost stats, so you're encouraged to go for more weird or outlandish choices to get those better choices. It's been pretty good so far, especially for a largely one-person studio.
I was shocked that you said it was made by one person. I had to go to the developer's Twitter page to confirm it for myself. I was wondering why the game was relatively inexpensive. That's extremely impressive considering that the game has animated cutscenes, real-time action combat, and voice acting. I may have to buy the game to support his indie creator's dream. I was initially somewhat skeptical about the game despite its gorgeous art because it seems to lean heavily on the dating cute anime girls schtick.

Unless they change something in the future, this is how it is worked for me. I barely used my PS4 and did not subscribe to PS Plus for almost 10 years. When I got my PS5, I signed up again for old PS plus games and to see if old save games were there.
I seem to recall when they started cloud saves, Sony said that when a subscription ends your saves would only be there for six months or something like that. That clearly changed because I have decade old save games from my Vita that are still there and even resumed some games to finish some trophies.
I'm currently subscribed until May 2025, so I will probably prioritize some of my backlog that is tied to the subscription so when it ends I don't feel any ambivalence.
I do kind of wish I had upgraded to premium for $30 before they took off the price cap though.
That's not exactly what Sony said. They said they could only guarantee cloud saves to be maintained for six months after a PS+ subscription ended and may have to delete older files to make space. But remember that this was back when PS+ was new, so 15 years later, it's unlikely to be an issue with memory storage prices coming down markedly since then. I wouldn't assume that they would never delete old saves, but if your subscription lapses, it's probably safe enough to just subscribe for one month every year to keep your cloud saves if you want to preserve them.

As someone who enjoyed the first FFVII Remake but hated a lot of the new story beats, I'm seriously mixed on Rebirth. I'm glad the trailer showcased a lot of the really goofy stuff like the Gold Saucer segment, chocobo breeding, and a fucking segue in Costa del Sol, while also showing off the more serious story beats, I'm a little nervous because it looks like this entry is going to maybe reach the end of the first disc, maybe even stop short. How are they going to cram the second and third discs into only one more modern entry? There's not a lot of fat to trim on those discs, and these Remakes have not been trimming fat. Instead, they've been adding fat to make the games longer (the first Remake was based on the first 2-5 hours of the original). I'm fine with most of the new content they added to Remake to lengthen the game, but it was still a lot of padding. With only one game left in the trilogy to remake two discs (well, one and a half, since disc three is much shorter), I wonder if they'll begin trimming. Or, you know, they could completely change the story.

Also, I hope they really tweak the combat because the first game's battle system was all right, but could use some polish (better ways to recharge ATB gauge or maybe don't have it used for every action other than basic attack, maybe don't have the enemy only target the player character).

Spider-Man 2 looks dope as hell, can't wait for it. And Tales of Arise DLC is a little late. I thought it was a sequel at first, since it's been so long since the game came out.

Rebirth looks amazing
I can't believe it releases in February, just eight months after FFXVI. These super-high budget AAA games that release within less than a year of each other almost certainly cannibalize each other's sales like Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us Part II. Having said that, when Square-Enix is ready to release FF6 and FF8 Remakes, I will definitely get both at launch.

I can't believe it releases in February, just eight months after FFXVI. These super-high budget AAA games that release within less than a year of each other almost certainly cannibalize each other's sales like Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us Part II. Having said that, when Square-Enix is ready to release FF6 and FF8 Remakes, I will definitely get both at launch.
Final Fantasy VI Remake in HD-2D.

I just want that IX remake. Best Final Fantasy game, IMHO.

As someone who enjoyed the first FFVII Remake but hated a lot of the new story beats, I'm seriously mixed on Rebirth. I'm glad the trailer showcased a lot of the really goofy stuff like the Gold Saucer segment, chocobo breeding, and a fucking segue in Costa del Sol, while also showing off the more serious story beats, I'm a little nervous because it looks like this entry is going to maybe reach the end of the first disc, maybe even stop short. How are they going to cram the second and third discs into only one more modern entry? There's not a lot of fat to trim on those discs, and these Remakes have not been trimming fat. Instead, they've been adding fat to make the games longer (the first Remake was based on the first 2-5 hours of the original). I'm fine with most of the new content they added to Remake to lengthen the game, but it was still a lot of padding. With only one game left in the trilogy to remake two discs (well, one and a half, since disc three is much shorter), I wonder if they'll begin trimming. Or, you know, they could completely change the story.

Also, I hope they really tweak the combat because the first game's battle system was all right, but could use some polish (better ways to recharge ATB gauge or maybe don't have it used for every action other than basic attack, maybe don't have the enemy only target the player character).

Spider-Man 2 looks dope as hell, can't wait for it. And Tales of Arise DLC is a little late. I thought it was a sequel at first, since it's been so long since the game came out.
Rebirth is supposed to be 100 hours long compared to Remake which was less than 40. Disc 3 of the original game is only side quests and the final dungeon, right? They should be fine.

Rebirth is supposed to be 100 hours long compared to Remake which was less than 40. Disc 3 of the original game is only side quests and the final dungeon, right? They should be fine.
Yeah, I forgot Rebirth will have two discs, but there's still a lot of ground to cover for part 3. Watch part 3 will be 3 discs to cover the rest of the original.

That's it! Each entry in the FFVII Remake trilogy will have the appropriate number of discs! Part 1 has one, Part 2 has two, and Part 3 has three! I see you, Squeenix /s

Didn't catch that, lots of info on the page. My bad.

That's incredible value though if you skipped on the first game, or even if you just didn't buy the DLC episode.

That offer looks like a steal, but most people who would be interested in Rebirth already have Remake. It was a monthly Essential game, it's on Extra/Premium right now, and people who don't even own a PlayStation can stream the PS4 version on PS+ Premium (unless it's impossible to progress in the game without using the touchpad).

You have to wonder if part of it is the other games they've been releasing have flopped. I think the only other upcoming remake thing of so2 is going to do relatively well. At least going by fan chatter since it seems to be the most popular entry. Personally I liked 1 more.

I was shocked that you said it was made by one person. I had to go to the developer's Twitter page to confirm it for myself. I was wondering why the game was relatively inexpensive. That's extremely impressive considering that the game has animated cutscenes, real-time action combat, and voice acting. I may have to buy the game to support his indie creator's dream. I was initially somewhat skeptical about the game despite its gorgeous art because it seems to lean heavily on the dating cute anime girls schtick.
Yeah, the dev's site just mentions that he's the only full-time employee, so I imagine there have been some contractors or part timers to help out in some areas. It definitely explains some of the UI being a little plain in some areas and low on functionality in the menus, though it's not a big issue. They do seem to have hired a few more people for their next game.

DJ Max Respect and all DLC are 80% off on PSN

If you have any interest in rhythm games, check it out. I've been waiting years for a sale this good. Buying all the DLC myself

The Remake Intergrade + Rebirth bundle is the same price as just Rebirth? Huh???? This can't be right.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA08666_00-0723074131389351
Oh how I wish this was on Xbox. . .I may take up the offer to dump my physical copy of the first game and have one tidy package for the deluxe digitally. If it weren't for the fact my save is 100% complete for the first chapter I'd have considered waiting for the exclusivity to end and picked it up on Xbox instead 3 months later. I must admit though, my hype for this really isn't there. Even though I know there's a ton of content in this one, it does feel like they're just tacking on DLC to the main game piece meal. I personally just don't like disjointed games that become finished over time and prefer to have it all in one sitting.

bread's done
Back