Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I figure I'd fish for a couple of opinions from the peanut gallery regarding this. With the Avengers game being delisted & up for only $4 would it be worth a pick up if all I want to do is play as the Hulk & only the Hulk?

Side note I wish Ultimate Destruction got a sequal even though it kind of did in Prototype lol.
The main single player campaign will have you playing as different members of the Avengers during certain parts of the story. You do get to play as the Hulk at a certain part of the story. Online is where you are free to choose any character you want and play as them until your heart's content, including the Hulk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure I'd fish for a couple of opinions from the peanut gallery regarding this. With the Avengers game being delisted & up for only $4 would it be worth a pick up if all I want to do is play as the Hulk & only the Hulk?

Side note I wish Ultimate Destruction got a sequal even though it kind of did in Prototype lol.
I think the single player is the highlight. I only played a small amount of the multiplayer. For the price it is worth it. All the characters are fun to play and the campaign mixes them up well but you do play most of it as Kamala Khan. Just wish the game was better optimized. No reason it should be that large of an install and that caused me to uninstall it. I would have maybe played it more but I needed space for GoW at the time and I haven't gone back to it.

I'm streaming some Lies of P if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Got through the first boss and a bit past when the world opens up some as it lays out what's next for the story, which seems neat so far. As a soulslike, it's been good so far with some good action with some nice twists of its own. It has a good creepy vibe to it in a similar way as Bloodborne, though it's more creepy puppet/mannequin stuff here.

When you run out of your health refills, you can get an additional refill by attacking enemies for a decent bit to get another hit that gives you a bit of extra oomph to keep going when you'd normally hike back to the bonfire to reset and upgrade. They also limit how many upgrades you can get from an individual bonfire to limit your ability to grind in one area for a while to overpower enemies for a while, though you get a home base of sorts to do upgrades after the first boss so you always have a safe space to level up. Enemies can regain a bit of the damage done to them if you're not on them enough and that's especially true on bosses, which seems to be one of their ways to combat turtling. They've improved the dodge a good bit from the demo so that it's easier to dodge roll away from enemy attacks that the demo didn't really allow. Definitely worth checking out if you want a good, mostly traditional soulslike.

Honestly, I didn't care for playing with Hulk in Avengers, but there were a few characters that felt "wrong" when using them. Might have just been my personal experience though.
You only want it for Hulk, I only want it for Spider-Man lol

From what I've seen, you can't even play Spider-Man in the story mode since he was added to the game so much later, so I may skip getting this. I heard Hulk didn't play great in this game, but if you just want to get your Hulk Smash on, $4 is nothing.
The main single player campaign will have you playing as different members of the Avengers during certain parts of the story. You do get to play as the Hulk at a certain part of the story. Online is where you are free to choose any character you want and play as them until your heart's content, including the Hulk.
I think the single player is the highlight. I only played a small amount of the multiplayer. For the price it is worth it. All the characters are fun to play and the campaign mixes them up well but you do play most of it as Kamala Khan. Just wish the game was better optimized. No reason it should be that large of an install and that caused me to uninstall it. I would have maybe played it more but I needed space for GoW at the time and I haven't gone back to it.
Thanks for all the input. I guess if I find enough loose change between the couch cushions I might pick it up... or I might just order a some french fries. Get the feeling I get the same amount of enjoyment out of either lol.

Spider Man 2 will be the last full priced game I buy this year. I backed out of Mortal Kombat 1 at the last minute. Ended up just watching the story mode on YouTube.

Yo I completely missed that Tony Todd was voicing Venom! As if I couldn't be any more hyped for this game!
Your not the only one!

yeaaah-venom.gif

Yeah, most of us will wait for the MK1 Ultimate Edition on clearance at Walmart in a few years.
MK11 UE and Injustice 2 Legendary were bundled together for $10 not long ago. Crazy how much these games drop. I'm definitely gonna wait now that the FOMO of not playing it day 1 has wore off.

Thanks. Where did you find this info? I haven’t found anything other than “everything should be fixed by launch on September 21st.”
Never preordered a game digitally before, so this has been an interesting first experience.

Thanks. Where did you find this info? I haven’t found anything other than “everything should be fixed by launch on September 21st.”
Never preordered a game digitally before, so this has been an interesting first experience.
To be fair this isn’t the case with ALL preorders or digital preorders. Lies of P went off without a hitch. Game is extremely optimized, awesome to play, and the 3 day early access for digital versions went off perfectly.

You just happened to preorder Payday 3. An online only game even for singleplayer, an unoptimized mess with broken servers, and a broken preorder item debacle. Plus I hear the game is a step down in many regards. So yeah just a bad choice to be honest.

To be fair this isn’t the case with ALL preorders or digital preorders. Lies of P went off without a hitch. Game is extremely optimized, awesome to play, and the 3 day early access for digital versions went off perfectly.

You just happened to preorder Payday 3. An online only game even for singleplayer, an unoptimized mess with broken servers, and a broken preorder item debacle. Plus I hear the game is a step down in many regards. So yeah just a bad choice to be honest.
Def has issues at launch that should have been ironed out prior to release. But the bones of the game are solid. I have put in about 10 hours or so when it was early access, and had fun. But, I do agree with you that it needs work, and based on the track record of PD2, I think it will get there. Just will take time that most won't want to give it which is totally understandable.

So, who here missed out on the Pinocchio set for Lies of P due to not preordering?
Both the preorder and deluxe DLC are wildly underwhelming. In just a few hours into the game you get a couple sets of costumes that look so much better. I'm nearing towards the end of the game now and just waiting for a couple of masks that look badass.

FREE GAME OFFER TERMS
Limited to select games. Offer valid only in the U.S. for eligible PSN account holders who are at least 18 years of age and purchase and activate a new PS5 console by October 20, 2023 @ 23:59pm (PDT). GAME MUST BE REDEEMED ON YOUR ACTIVATED PS5 CONSOLE BY NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 20, 2023 @ 23:59pm (PDT). Limit 1 game per user. No substitutions or replacements. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other select offers. Game selections subject to change at any time. Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time. Void where prohibited. 

●        To Redeem:

○        You’ll need to buy and activate your new PS5 console 

○        Once your PS5 console is activated, navigate to PlayStation Store on your PS5 console 

○        You may see a banner with this offer. Click on the offer to make it to the Games Page which features eligible games to choose from. 

○        Select one game to download for free

○        Click Download

●        Select Games:

○        Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

○        Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered

○        God of War Ragnarök

○        Horizon Forbidden West

○        Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut

○        Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

○        Demon’s Souls

○        The Last of Us Part I

○        Sackboy: A Big Adventure

○        Returnal

○        Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

○        Death Stranding: Director’s Cut

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/upgrader-program/

Signs point hard to that new model we saw, but I'm not sure WTF Sony is doing by delaying the announcement this far out. Actually, that would be completely in line with their shitshow of stupid ideas by dropping the news a month from Black Friday which ODDLY LINES UP WITH 10/20. Please, I'm begging you to prove me wrong Sony.

My guess is they worked so hard to meet demand during the shipping issues and chip shortages during the pandemic that they overproduced the current model. Last few times I've been to Best Buy, they've had a wall of PS5s next to the online order pickup. Typically the Ragnarok bundle, which was selling for $510 (or lower) in May and June.

They've also been having notable sales for six months now on new consoles despite raising prices in many territories. Maybe they wanted to announce the new model sooner but delayed in order to burn off the current stock? Otherwise they're just competing with themselves or selling at a greater loss.

If the new system isn't more powerful, I look forward to nabbing a second PS5 for downstairs from someone FOMO'ing the new and shiny.

My guess is they worked so hard to meet demand during the shipping issues and chip shortages during the pandemic that they overproduced the current model. Last few times I've been to Best Buy, they've had a wall of PS5s next to the online order pickup. Typically the Ragnarok bundle, which was selling for $510 (or lower) in May and June.

They've also been having notable sales for six months now on new consoles despite raising prices in many territories.
Yeah, but the reason they didn't raise prices here was because we're basically the only country where they have any competition from Xbox.

Probably also why they ended up overproducing stock here. Otherwise, I agree that they are for sure trying to burn through our local stock of original PS5s.

That and the current economy has gone down compared to the middle of the pandemic.

Odds are they started production on them and by the time they made it to stores not as many people wanted it anymore. Additionally they are or have already removed the free "ambassador" like games for early adopters similar to the 3ds. And we all know a different model is gonna be out eventually so why pick up a current one? The only possible thing would be if bc issues happen with the new model. Though those will probably be infrequently and by niche games.

Like for example atelier rorona plus is unplayable for the anorexic slim ps3 line after a certain point in the game. I had to finish it on a different ps3 model as it would freeze up at the same exact section on the super slim but didn't on the other ps3.

Tales of abyss has freeze up at Choral Castle on certain bc ps3s that makes it unplayable. But that's a ps2 game and we all are quite aware of the weird programming issues between that game and the ps3 in general. I'm honestly amazed that it ran at all. Or that it didn't suddenly start making the fan into an actual jet engine and fly off the TV stand or whatever it's sitting on.

There's ton of PS5 in-stock because they are hoping to sell 25 million of them by the end of their fiscal year. Read that right now they are off pace of that target. Price increases occurs in regions where a country currency has devalue in comparison to other countries currency.

PS5s are selling like crazy even without a free game. My store had over 600 in stock earlier this year. Now its under 20 even with multiple restocks each week.

Tried out SR reboot, looks bad as starfield. As i miss SR3 this still feel like a SR3 era game as said SR3 was funny. Also one thing that was unexpected was the topless uncensored. Last games was censored comedy but this has a toggle to turn off which other games need and should be a console feature.

Don’t remember if it was this thread or the Xbox one. There’s been more Dell/Alienware talk over there. Somebody tried to order Spiderman 2 with rewards but had their order cancelled. I definitely plan to buy the game from there to use up rewards, if possible. So anyway, anybody have any luck not getting cancelled? When Dell cancels an order paid with rewards are they returned, and with a new or old expiration date? Thanks guys

Old expiration date and I was able to place an order for Spider-Man 2 without getting a cancelation notice after a lot of attempts.

Don’t remember if it was this thread or the Xbox one. There’s been more Dell/Alienware talk over there. Somebody tried to order Spiderman 2 with rewards but had their order cancelled. I definitely plan to buy the game from there to use up rewards, if possible. So anyway, anybody have any luck not getting cancelled? When Dell cancels an order paid with rewards are they returned, and with a new or old expiration date? Thanks guys
I ordered a digital Xbox game recently and had zero issues with it.

Timespinner wasn't bad at all. Not my favorite metroidvania, but very solid nonetheless. I'll get it when discounted similar to the first, but it is on my wishlist.

Surprised that no one here has mentioned the Sony hack yet. We probably better change our passwords
I mean, sure, practice good opsec, but this seems to be more corporate concerns (if anything) than client issues.

As long as you have a form of 2FA and a strong generated password (please use password managers in the year of our lord 2023), you shouldn't really worry. If Sony gets owned in such a fashion that 2FA is compromised, well... that'll be a big bummer for them. And cheap stock for us!

New PS5 owner that wants Spiderman. Anyone happen to know if the PS4 disc upgrade to PS5 is still available and how much it would cost? I see the remaster is currently $30 on the PS Store but I'd rather get the PS4 disc and upgrade if the cost is about the same - thanks!

Free PS Plus Essential games leak for October.... just in time for Halloween.

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1706674085382492185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1706674085382492185%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Free PS Plus Essential games leak for October.... just in time for Halloween.

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1706674085382492185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1706674085382492185%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
Nice was going to buy Callisto, glad I waited.....

bread's done
Back