Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Streaming some Paleo Pines if you want to see this dinosaur-filled life sim in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a fun farming life sim where you can befriend and house various types of dinosaurs to live in pens you set up on your land. Once the larger ones are happy enough, they can be ridden around the world and perform certain types of tasks like busting up debris, watering crops, and breaking up rocks. It has a nice, laid back vibe to it since there doesn't seem to be any relationship stuff for the townspeople and no combat or any sort of time pressure. Trophies seem pretty attainable, though I haven't looked at the hidden trophies yet since they seem story related.

The only issue I've had so far is storage management since your backpack isn't all that big and there's no quick tool bar on the bottom of the screen, though at least the easy quests from the quest board send rewards to your ranch storage. I'd love to have the special order stuff sent to my ranch since I haven't gotten any mail yet after several days in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Outriders requires ps+ to play solo? It's cheap as can be with the expansion on Amazon right now ~$14 which seems like a solid deal but I'm not paying for ps+ as the moment. I think the game is all online so not sure if ill need ps+ to be able to play at all or just if I wanted to co-op

Does anyone know if Outriders requires ps+ to play solo? It's cheap as can be with the expansion on Amazon right now ~$14 which seems like a solid deal but I'm not paying for ps+ as the moment. I think the game is all online so not sure if ill need ps+ to be able to play at all or just if I wanted to co-op
Pretty sure it does

I platinumed Callisto Protocol earlier this year. It is a solid 7 out of 10 type of game. Doesn't overstay it's welcome and story is decent. Gameplay was kind of meh to me, but definitely worth a play. PS+ with back to back high budget flops is a bit strange though.

Awesome!  I was looking into Weird West when it went on sale recently.  Thankfully, I didn't buy it because I wasn't going to play it right away.  Now I can add it to my digital backlog (and still not play it).

If I wait to redeem my 12 month PS essential code until 10/2, does that mean I could tag the free games for 14 months instead of 12? Should be able to get September 2023 - October 2024 if I'm doing my math right

FWIW, Weird West was on GamePass at launch and just about to roll off. Kind of glad it’s on PS+ Essential as I played and enjoyed a bit of it but never got back to it. Too many games to play!

Did you actually read the article you posted?
I did. The irony is Weird West coming to PS+ in a few days, which means they're still taking deals; just not the ones that 'undervalue' their games. It makes no sense if they can reach agreements for games that performed poorly, but refuse to take deals on games they think will do better lol. It's complete bullshit since they would only have data for the choice they made; not both outcomes.

Good. Jim Ryan sucked. He was only interested in AAA blockbusters and live services. Sony has no games to fill in the gaps because of that.

I was really looking forward to playing Callisto Protocol.  I know better than to expect Dead Space (which I love), but I was hoping to have some fun with it.  However, after trying to play through this one section where they start throwing these mutating enemies at you, the checkpoint system started to show a lot of issues.  I played the PS5 version.

Being forced to replay the same part repeatedly due to what seemed like cheap deaths and getting random pickups in certain locations (sometimes no pickups at all???), I eventually gave up on the game and traded it in. It was pretty disappointing.

I don't have Plus, so maybe I'll get the game again for super cheap sometime in the future and give it another shot.  (probably not, lol)

I won't miss Jim Ryan, he presided over the worst Playstation era IMO. Hopefully the new guy can turn things around on the software front, but I'm not too hopeful.

Never understood why the collectors edition didn’t come with the game or season pass. Anyway guess I’ll be finally trying it..probably December

Has he been running things since 2005? Because I’d argue the whole PS3 era was probably at least as bad as recently.
The PS3 was a good console if you picked it up later in it's life cycle when it finally became affordable. It had free online and gave us masterpieces like Last of Us.

What games of the generation has Jim Ryan given us? Just a bunch of remasters and $10 paid upgrades. Whomever is taking over for Jim Ryan is getting increased game and subscription prices, 60% GAAS and no first party games in the pipeline. Good luck steering that ship!

The PS3 was a good console if you picked it up later in it's life cycle when it finally became affordable. It had free online and gave us masterpieces like Last of Us.

What games of the generation has Jim Ryan given us? Just a bunch of remasters and $10 paid upgrades. Whomever is taking over for Jim Ryan is getting increased game and subscription prices, 60% GAAS and no first party games in the pipeline. Good luck steering that ship!
what he has given us, Spiderman, horizon, gow amongst other games got themseleve through a pandemic, a shortage. IMO evem if it was someone else not much would be different

PlayStation wasn’t actively alienating small and medium sized Japanese developers in the PS3 era.
They weren't exactly helpful either though between getting dev kits to them late and the ps3 being over priced and difficult to develop on. Ms threw money at some of the devs to get timed exclusive for a little bit on xbox360 and then they'd all get ported later minus lost Odyssey, blue dragon and a few other games. Vesperia 360 was exclusive for almost 15 years? Since bamco didn't want to localize the ps3 version.

Redeemed my GT movie tickets and had enough to get $10 PSN gift card at sony rewards, always forget to check that.  Decided to buy Horizon Forbidden West DLC on sale for 14.99.

what he has given us, Spiderman, horizon, gow amongst other games got themseleve through a pandemic, a shortage. IMO evem if it was someone else not much would be different
So what you're saying is that a pylon could have done the same job as Jim Ryan? Bruh... Spider-Man, GoW and Horizon came out in 2018, Jim Ryan became CEO of Playstation in 2019 after he forced Shawn Layden out. He's basically riding the coattails of his predecessors. Thanks for proving my point.

Million dollar NFTs are now worth pennies and the live service games are about to begin imploding!

-Epic games just announced they are laying off nearly 1000 employees.

-Developers of Fall Guys just announced they've layed off the entire studio.

-Sega just announced the cancellation of their upcoming live service game... Hyenna

-Capcom's recent GAAS game, Exoprimal... is a flop.

And yet Sony has 12 live service games in development. Say that again.. TWELVE! Ain't nobody got time to play no twelve live service games! Three years since TLOU2 and still no word on Factions? People tore 343 apart, but at least they managed to release a fully functioning single and multiplayer game. Jim Ryan basically skipping town now that Xbox is finally starting to compete.

Jim Ryan’s presidency at PlayStation could have lasted longer but unfortunately it was powered by the same battery they use in the DualSense controllers.

The guy get his ideas from twitter, no wonder why most of his posts are filled with a lot of misinformation.

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1707157569280590085

If Jim Ryan took Shawn Layden's job, he wouldn't be the CEO and wouldn't be retiring in six months.

Y'all be loving and hating CEOs for the dumbest reasons.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1707188430881624174

The guy get his ideas from twitter, no wonder why most of his post are filled with a lot of misinformation.

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1707157569280590085
So true. His reign lasted longer than 2 hours so could not have been powered by a DualSense controller battery. Misinformation indeed!

So what you're saying is that a pylon could have done the same job as Jim Ryan? Bruh... Spider-Man, GoW and Horizon came out in 2018, Jim Ryan became CEO of Playstation in 2019 after he forced Shawn Layden out. He's basically riding the coattails of his predecessors. Thanks for proving my point.

Million dollar NFTs are now worth pennies and the live service games are about to begin imploding!
-Epic games just announced they are laying off nearly 1000 employees.
-Developers of Fall Guys just announced they've layed off the entire studio.
-Sega just announced the cancellation of their upcoming live service game... Hyenna
-Capcom's recent GAAS game, Exoprimal... is a flop.

And yet Sony has 12 live service games in development. Say that again.. TWELVE! Ain't nobody got time to play no twelve live service games! Three years since TLOU2 and still no word on Factions? People tore 343 apart, but at least they managed to release a fully functioning single and multiplayer game. Jim Ryan basically skipping town now that Xbox is finally starting to compete.

Jim Ryan’s presidency at PlayStation could have lasted longer but unfortunately it was powered by the same battery they use in the DualSense controllers.
You're way too old to rage this hard over videogames. You could be someone's grandparent. Even worse is the plagiarism. At least be original. Smh...

bread's done
Back