Playstation Trophy thread and Platinum bragging

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I noticed some people have absurd amounts of platinum trophies. This guy has 48 ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=216723 ). I couldn't imagine playing games ONLY for trophies or something.[/QUOTE]
That is nothing, there are folks on the trophy sites with well over 100 platinums. Either they have multiple people playing on the same accounts or they really have nothing better to do in life. I have 12 now and thats a lot to me.

[quote name='wrencrest']That is nothing, there are folks on the trophy sites with well over 100 platinums. Either they have multiple people playing on the same accounts or they really have nothing better to do in life. I have 12 now and thats a lot to me.[/QUOTE]

There is this guy named hakoom (or something like that; he is on www.ps3trophies.org) has over 200 platinum trophies I think. I am also pretty sure that he is #1 in the world!

I spent 3 months on Resistance 2.
NEVER AGAIN.
Multiplayer = 2 months
Boring Co-op = 1 month
Resistance 2 = consumed my entire summer

Resistance 2 for me too. The most satisfying also so far, but I only have 3. 4 if you count Ghostbusters which is bugged.

[quote name='pixi']I spent 3 months on Resistance 2.
NEVER AGAIN.
Multiplayer = 2 months
Boring Co-op = 1 month
Resistance 2 = consumed my entire summer[/QUOTE]

I can't stand trophies which are repetitive and so damn time consuming. I spent 40 hours on The Saboteur and even that drove me nuts (though it was fun as hell).

I'm definitely gonna get the Platinum in Borderlands if DLC trophies aren't required. It was pretty easy when I played it on the 360, so it should be the same on the PS3. I forgot just how good this game is.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Resistance 2 for me too. The most satisfying also so far, but I only have 3. 4 if you count Ghostbusters which is bugged.[/QUOTE]
I thought they patched Ghostbusters. Granted I didn't play the game until after it had been patched but I got all the trophies.

I know there was a glitch with the most wanted ghosts and I think the Gozer's trophy but they did fix it. Not sure if those who played before the patch are screwed forever though.

I would have platinumed Burnout Paradise but I'm not buying a stupid camera for a trophy, and the 10 time trials trophy can be bugged. I have completed everything in the game and all the online challenges and I never got credit for that one.

[quote name='bearhawk72']I thought they patched Ghostbusters. Granted I didn't play the game until after it had been patched but I got all the trophies.

I know there was a glitch with the most wanted ghosts and I think the Gozer's trophy but they did fix it. Not sure if those who played before the patch are screwed forever though.

I would have platinumed Burnout Paradise but I'm not buying a stupid camera for a trophy, and the 10 time trials trophy can be bugged. I have completed everything in the game and all the online challenges and I never got credit for that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I played and received the trophies before the patch on my system. Some how I am credited with them but they aren't displayed on their trophy online server. If you unlocked post-patch you are ok.

CONGRATULATIONS on the Platinum! I bet you are eager to get more, I know i was after my first!
My first Platinum was Borderlands closely followed by Infamous then Assassin's Creed 2 and just recently Fallout 3! New Vegas is next on my list.

[quote name='BennyWii']CONGRATULATIONS on the Platinum! I bet you are eager to get more, I know i was after my first!
My first Platinum was Borderlands closely followed by Infamous then Assassin's Creed 2 and just recently Fallout 3! New Vegas is next on my list.[/QUOTE]

Good job on Fallout 3. I played it without consulting a trophy guide beforehand and never got the bobblehead in Raven Rock (was that the name of the place?), so no platinum on Fallout 3 for me :cry:.

Argh, I hate those missable trophies... I'm still afraid to play FO3 because those. Trophy hunting have been getting worse for me, I lost the interest of playing games because the trophy earning ratio is low :lol:

CoD:BO is not all that great.

[quote name='Serpentor']Argh, I hate those missable trophies... I'm still afraid to play FO3 because those. Trophy hunting have been getting worse for me, I lost the interest of playing games because the trophy earning ratio is low :lol:

CoD:BO is not all that great.[/QUOTE]

For Trophy hunting?(Black ops)

Ya, it is. Rented it Tuesday, got 92% of the trophies by Saturday afternoon. The game itself is average though.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']For Trophy hunting?(Black ops)

Ya, it is. Rented it Tuesday, got 92% of the trophies by Saturday afternoon. The game itself is average though.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm now stuck in Operation 40, veteran mode... See my post in CoD:BO thread.

[quote name='Serpentor']Argh, I hate those missable trophies... I'm still afraid to play FO3 because those. Trophy hunting have been getting worse for me, I lost the interest of playing games because the trophy earning ratio is low :lol:

CoD:BO is not all that great.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, after I completed Assassin's Creed II, I realized that there was a trophy for kicking a guard while on the flying machine. So I had to wait until I purchased the DLC to get that trophy, otherwise I would have had to start the game over.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I noticed some people have absurd amounts of platinum trophies. This guy has 48 ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=216723 ). I couldn't imagine playing games ONLY for trophies or something.[/QUOTE]

hey now.

like other people said, having as many plats as i do, while might seem like a lot, are no where near the top people in the world.

i work 2-3 days a week and pay all my bills with what i make. so i have a lot of free time on my hands. but i do other stuff besides video games and i do have "a life"

Someone early on mentioned Arkham Asylum in this thread and I remember how I gave up on the game back when it was released because I simply couldn't do the combat challenges. Well, I've been at it for the past week and am almost there. I got all the SP trophies and beat all the Challenges and only have the Predator missions left (which shouldn't be very hard- I'm good at the stealthy stuff).

This is gonna be one trophy I'm proud to have. It was damn difficult.

[quote name='madbst']Good job on Fallout 3. I played it without consulting a trophy guide beforehand and never got the bobblehead in Raven Rock (was that the name of the place?), so no platinum on Fallout 3 for me :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I had the same exact problem. I went back to do some trophies in the GotY version and started to get some of the bobbleheads I missed... I got 6 or 7 (which took more than 10+ hours due to game breaking glitches) and than found out I missed one in Raven Rock. That really pissed me off...

[quote name='GTmaster39']I just Platinum'd for the first time this weekend with Borderlands. Took me forever.[/QUOTE]

I purchased Borderlands less than 2 weeks ago, and I only have a few trophies left to get. The Hunter, Soldier, and Berserker 15 action-skill kills are 3 of the 5 left. Then I have to do 15 co-op missions and get the 42 inventory slots. Don't ask me how much I had to play to get to lvl 50 already..

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I purchased Borderlands less than 2 weeks ago, and I only have a few trophies left to get. The Hunter, Soldier, and Berserker 15 action-skill kills are 3 of the 5 left. Then I have to do 15 co-op missions and get the 42 inventory slots. Don't ask me how much I had to play to get to lvl 50 already..[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy on release day, and just now finished LOL. I like to take my time with these kinds of games.

well, to be honest, I must have sunk 200 hours into Borderlands before I even got it for the PS3. I got it for Christmas on the 360, but have since sold the console, and decided to pick it up for the PS3. I knew exactly how everything went, so I had an easy time with it this time through. I was at lvl 30 beforeI even fought Krom (and bear in mind, lvl 35 is roughly what's needed to beat the Vault Boss).

My first and only is MW2 and I'm especially proud of it because I did all three spec. ops in Echo by alone!

I didn't know DLC didn't affect platinums, guess it's time to go back to Fallout 3. I need to get infamous again bc I want to plat that game bad!

I just got my first Platinum trophy couple days ago. It was for Star Wars: the Force Unleashed. It was not exactly hard to get the trophies, but those 500 kill ones are boring and painfully to get.

@Vinny - Gratz...those combat challenges was a b****. Can't remember how many times I got close...grr. Those predator challenges are a breeze, just need a little bit of planning and patience.

Personally, I'm working on 100% Crazy Taxi (no platinum). Crazy Box stage 3-S (or S-3) where you try to drop off people in a narrow place while Crazy Drifting was extremely frustrating. Almost complete, just need to get A license in Original mode.

I'm determined to get the plat in Arkham Asylum. I got only over 50% in my first playthrough (I skipped alot of Riddler's Challenges), but I vow that I will plat this surprisingly good game.... and I'm not even a Batman fan.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm determined to get the plat in Arkham Asylum. I got only over 50% in my first playthrough (I skipped alot of Riddler's Challenges), but I vow that I will plat this surprisingly good game.... and I'm not even a Batman fan.[/QUOTE]
The challenges are pretty hard to do (timing buttons for combos are a pain), good luck!

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I hear that about the combat challenges. I've found the predator challenges to be easier though (and alot more fun, especially as the Joker).[/QUOTE]
Yes, the predator challenges are fun to do. It's the combat challenges that are annoying, precise button smashing is not my thing, I gave up the plat because of that. Finding the collectibles are pretty cool, they actually give you a map too :)

[quote name='jaydepps']Closest I've gotten is Bad Company 2 in which I have gotten 80%.[/QUOTE]
Close doesn't cut it :) Go get that plat, you can do it!

[quote name='Serpentor']Close doesn't cut it :) Go get that plat, you can do it![/QUOTE]

Demolition Man trophy is a bitch. I owned the game at one point and the multiplayer was fun, but then the Demoltion Man trophy stopped me from trying(and that my friends didn't have it so nobody to multi with). You have to place C4 around a house and HOPE somebody enters it, then blow it up and get the kill by crushing them with the house.

[quote name='Serpentor']Close doesn't cut it :) Go get that plat, you can do it![/QUOTE]
Yea, I'm definitely going to try to get it. Just been busy with other games. Only 2 more multiplayer trophies left. The Demolition one and the one that requires you to kill with three various weapons.

[quote name='Serpentor']Nice, now try to get FO3 plat :)[/QUOTE]

I already did!! AND all of the DLC too!!

I nearly stabbed someone when I got the Resistance 2 platinum. I spent 2 months on multiplayer and 1 on co-op and like 3 days on single player. o.o

I'm also 2 trophies away from plat'ing Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. I'm 100% positive I'll be getting it in this game. All I need to do now is finish my Challenge mode playthrough then beat the game on Hard mode (I'm a bit of a pro when it comes to the R&C games, so I'm sure it won't be too difficult for me to get).

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Demolition Man trophy is a bitch. I owned the game at one point and the multiplayer was fun, but then the Demoltion Man trophy stopped me from trying(and that my friends didn't have it so nobody to multi with). You have to place C4 around a house and HOPE somebody enters it, then blow it up and get the kill by crushing them with the house.[/QUOTE]

I found that the best way to do it is (while playing the mode where you blow up M-Com stations). Playing as sniper, rig the house with C4 (from the outside) and toss a motion tracker, then activate the M-Com. Blow the C4 when the enemies are close to the building but not inside yet, otherwise a) you'll kill them with the C4 blast and b) you give them time to run away, if you blow it before they go in the house there's a bigger chance that the damn thing will fall on their heads, specially if they're deactivating the M-Com

I'm working on getting the plat for Cross Edge right now. Just so everyone knows, I don't recommend getting the game or going for plat on it. It's a massive *****. Also, the FF 13, Star Ocean The Last Hope, Demon Souls, Disgaea 3, and White Knight Chronicles platinums are stupidly hard.

Demon's Souls wasn't that bad, provided you knew what to do and had some patience. From what I've heard of Star Ocean, though... ~600 hours? Yikes.

Platinumed Alpha Protocol last week for #12. Or was it 13... I'll check later.

just got my 16th Plat on sonic's ultimate genesis collection. working to find the last 3 feathers on Assassins Creed 2 to get my next Plat

bread's done
Back