Playstation Trophy thread and Platinum bragging

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Anyone think the PSP2 or NGP (whatever it'll be called) games will feature trophies or something similar? Medals maybe.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not, M$ gives you the ability to earn Achievements in their Zune software and games.

Finally platinumed COD: World at War the other day. Just a few more for BLOPS (all multiplayer stuff) too and I'm done with that one as well.

[quote name='2DMention']Will never happen for me. I'm not that OC to play any game that much.

I usually just play a game, beat it, and move on.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was the same, until COD: MW2, when I really started playing online and paying attention to my friend's trophy lists. Then it just became a little competition. Still don't have platinum but am further than my friends. :)

Then I got Platinum in Assassin's Creed 2, and now I need more.

Once You Pop!...Teh Funz Don't Stop!!!!
Anyways...I'm working on Dead Space 2 for my next Platinum I just have to finish Zealot which is easy in NG+, then tackle hardcore mode. Might play Severed as well just for 100%.

I'm working on God of War 2 now. I have all but the Phoenix Feathers, Gorgon Eyes, and Challenge of the Titans. I figure this should be a pretty easy plat, but I just don't feel like going through the game again right now.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm working on God of War 2 now. I have all but the Phoenix Feathers, Gorgon Eyes, and Challenge of the Titans. I figure this should be a pretty easy plat, but I just don't feel like going through the game again right now.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to beat any of the "Challenge of the Titans" in the 3 games

[quote name='BennyWii']Once You Pop!...Teh Funz Don't Stop!!!!
Anyways...I'm working on Dead Space 2 for my next Platinum I just have to finish Zealot which is easy in NG+, then tackle hardcore mode. Might play Severed as well just for 100%.[/QUOTE]

hardcore is a pain in the ass.

I only came in here to say I fucking hate trophies now. With a fucking passion.

I rather liked the idea of trophies at the outset of this generation but unfortunately they seem to make games rather dull and most retail releases are boring enough as is. I am an OCD completionist spaz and I play my games through to Platinum or get bothered about it. I seriously do not want to turn on the PS3 because I don't want to grind for trophies. If there were only an option to turn off trophies (not just notification) altogether. I would be infinitely happier with this gen.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I only came in here to say I fucking hate trophies now. With a fucking passion.

I rather liked the idea of trophies at the outset of this generation but unfortunately they seem to make games rather dull and most retail releases are boring enough as is. I am an OCD completionist spaz and I play my games through to Platinum or get bothered about it. I seriously do not want to turn on the PS3 because I don't want to grind for trophies. If there were only an option to turn off trophies (not just notification) altogether. I would be infinitely happier with this gen.[/QUOTE]
I kind of wish that they'd leave the MP trophies off, cause those seem to be the most time consuming and least important to me.

I think I have all the trophies in all my games, except for the multiplayer trophies.

I think everyone hates multiplayer achievements/trophies with a burning passion.

Besides from the tedium, the ruin the competitive nature of multiplayer because they usually encourage dickery.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I only came in here to say I fucking hate trophies now. With a fucking passion.

I rather liked the idea of trophies at the outset of this generation but unfortunately they seem to make games rather dull and most retail releases are boring enough as is. I am an OCD completionist spaz and I play my games through to Platinum or get bothered about it. I seriously do not want to turn on the PS3 because I don't want to grind for trophies. If there were only an option to turn off trophies (not just notification) altogether. I would be infinitely happier with this gen.[/QUOTE]

What? What does a trophy do to get in the way of your enjoyment in games? That makes no sense to me. Trophies/achievements don't do anything you dont want them to do. I dont really play MP in any of my games, but I dont get less enjoyment because people talk about it and there is an OPTION in nearly every game for it...

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I'm almost there on Ghostbusters. I'd have to play through at least 2 more times to get a couple of the trophies.

Plus I have almost all the multiplayer ones to go, and almost no one plays the multiplayer anymore.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is a BITCH. I was trying like hell when the game launched, but it was glitched then. I have no way to see where my progress with that is. My love for Ghostbusters has me contemplating trying again, but I can't get through the level where you walk through Time Square on hard either.

After nearly a year i finally got my first ever Platinum trophy and then the next day I got my second. First was in Borderlands, second was in Jurassic: The Hunted.

Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet became platinumed. Not particularly hard, but eventually became boring. Oh well. Mass Effect 2 is on my list, and for that I just need to go through an Insanity playthrough, get the Warp, Incinerate, etc trophies, then finish the Arrival. Not too much left.

I got my first platinum on Infamous about a week ago... just two play throughs and on the second, I used a map to keep track of the shards that I got. Unfortunately I marked one as gotten but I hadn't so I kept playing and eventually found it. My son had gotten 2 plats - R&C: ACiT and AC2.

I'm on my third playthrough of Dead Space on Medium difficulty in order to max out all my guns. Have been playing with only the plasma cutter on this playthrough so hopefully I can get those 2 Gold trophies, but I'm not sure I want to play through on Impossible Difficulty... plus I have the two Asteriod Defense Cannon trophies (50% shield remaining) left to get - shooting the big alien should be relatively easy but shooting the asteroids is going to be difficult seeing how you start at 85% shield and the asteroids are random.

Currently working on Prince of Persia Warrior Within platinum trophy, this will be my fourth PoP platinum. I heard that the Two Thrones platinum is hard, but I got to have it to complete the collection!

[quote name='Serpentor']Currently working on Prince of Persia Warrior Within platinum trophy, this will be my fourth PoP platinum. I heard that the Two Thrones platinum is hard, but I got to have it to complete the collection![/QUOTE]

I truly hate the way Ubisoft handled the ports. I don't even know how I managed to play through all of em multiple times...

[quote name='FactionG']I truly hate the way Ubisoft handled the ports. I don't even know how I managed to play through all of em multiple times...[/QUOTE]
I've never played those games before so I find them very refreshing. However, the fact that the difficulty trophies don't stack in Warrior Within and Two Thrones is a downer :whistle2:(

Warrior Within has horrible camera issues, it's quite painful in some areas. Also, the depth/distant of certain jumps/leaps is questionable (especially after playing Sands of Time). Well, I guess it's like every other games, you have to use trial and error most of the time :lol:

I guess I was "conditioned" not to die or use time rewind, hence I have to make sure I can perform the required jump/leap/wall run/drop down. If you're not playing for trophies, you don't really care much. The "beat the game without dying" trophy in Warrior Within makes perfect sense in the story mode :lol: As to the Master of Time trophy in Sands of Time, you have to die a number of time, glad it was a combination of "no time rewind and no dying."

I find the story of WW is a lot deeper than any other PoP games (except for Two Thrones, I haven't play it yet).

Got 3! Infamous, Uncharted 2, & GOW3. I'm working on FFXIII but it's freaking annoying me to death. I'm @ the point where I need to kill these dam turtles over & over & over again for 6 items. The problem? It's only a 1% chance they will drop it. ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Let's see, mine consist of:

Borderlands
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Sly 1
Sly 2
Sly 3
Uncharted 1

I'm really close on Dead Space (although the weapons one seems nigh impossible) and I'd like to go back and complete Uncharted 2 and Enslaved.

I really need to get back to Uncharted 1 and 2, God of War 3 and Bionic Commando. I only need to do a few things like beating those games on the harder difficulties. But alas, new games come out that I want to play and I never go back. I vow to one day.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Let's see, mine consist of:

Borderlands
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Sly 1
Sly 2
Sly 3
Uncharted 1

I'm really close on Dead Space (although the weapons one seems nigh impossible) and I'd like to go back and complete Uncharted 2 and Enslaved.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your Enslaved plat run. I found it really annoying on the orb hunting. But perseverance paid off. I need to revisit Uncharted 2 for plat run, and I have yet to open Uncharted 1 (hope I didnt ruin the experience by playing out of order...)

The Dead Space Weapons Trophy can be done over multiple playthroughs.

I need to do my Dead Space 2 Hard Core run and co-op in Portal 2 when it comes back up for Platinums. Beyond that, I'm nowhere close to another Platinum.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think everyone hates multiplayer achievements/trophies with a burning passion.

Besides from the tedium, the ruin the competitive nature of multiplayer because they usually encourage dickery.[/QUOTE]
Yep, totally agree... I hate MP trophies, fortunately there are plenty of offline platinum trophies to conquer :)

[quote name='8bitArtist']this psn outage has made me contemplate playing shitty games just for the trophies and time killing.[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I have the same thought... Do I really want to play crappy games for trophies and trying really really hard to like them too? I find that most "easy trophies" games are overrated. While the trophies might be easy, but not the platinum. People tend to look down at the kiddy games, but a lot of those games got stupid hard platinum trophies. So, the outage got me thinking... Do I need to do this? I can't even synch the damn trophies!

Even my motivation to conquer EA Active 2 got tainted, I can't bring myself running everyday for 40 mins for three months...

I would plat portal 2 but that one *hug 3 people on your friends list is never going to happen :lol:. I mean personally I don't play just to get trophies but I try to get as many as I can in a game because I find trophies add new challenges to the game. I don't care about a score or how many I got, but it's fun to try new challenges in games to get them (well reasonable ones anyway that can be gotten without doing tons of work).

I have UC1 and GOW3 platinums, and was working towards UC2 when my PS3 broke. I figured I'd just wait until after E3 for a price drop to get a new PS3, but after this whole PSN thing I'm just not sure anymore...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I would plat portal 2 but that one *hug 3 people on your friends list is never going to happen :lol:. I mean personally I don't play just to get trophies but I try to get as many as I can in a game because I find trophies add new challenges to the game. I don't care about a score or how many I got, but it's fun to try new challenges in games to get them (well reasonable ones anyway that can be gotten without doing tons of work).[/QUOTE]

That trophy is implied so you would play with your friends online. Its creative, don't see why anyone would purposely miss out on that. Unless they really have no friends.

[quote name='8bitArtist']this psn outage has made me contemplate playing shitty games just for the trophies and time killing.[/QUOTE]
Dont do it. I have tried to play some games just because they were cheap and I figured it couldnt hurt for shits and giggles and some trophies. But seriously, its a waste of time. There are plenty of good games out there that you can play instead, you cant possibly be done with all of them. Now whether or not you want to pay for them or what not is another story.

[quote name='wrencrest']Dont do it. I have tried to play some games just because they were cheap and I figured it couldnt hurt for shits and giggles and some trophies. But seriously, its a waste of time. There are plenty of good games out there that you can play instead, you cant possibly be done with all of them. Now whether or not you want to pay for them or what not is another story.[/QUOTE]

That has been my stance for awhile now, just play what you really want to play (mainly AAA-games) and that has been quite enjoyable.

[quote name='cheapfrag']why are people concerned about "synching" trophies - what does that do for you?[/QUOTE]

Some people are weary about their PS3s. Say you compiled several platinums during the downtime and than got a YLOD....yeah.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I would plat portal 2 but that one *hug 3 people on your friends list is never going to happen :lol:. I mean personally I don't play just to get trophies but I try to get as many as I can in a game because I find trophies add new challenges to the game. I don't care about a score or how many I got, but it's fun to try new challenges in games to get them (well reasonable ones anyway that can be gotten without doing tons of work).[/QUOTE]

Well, if PSN was working, you could add me and I would be one friend you could hug:D

[quote name='technole']That trophy is implied so you would play with your friends online. Its creative, don't see why anyone would purposely miss out on that. Unless they really have no friends.[/QUOTE]

I have tons of friends, just none with portal 2 :lol:. Although my GF will probably do everything in her power to fix that if I tell her I wanna get every achievement, she fucking loves portal to death.

[quote name='technole']Some people are weary about their PS3s. Say you compiled several platinums during the downtime and than got a YLOD....yeah.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now I get it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I have tons of friends, just none with portal 2 :lol:. Although my GF will probably do everything in her power to fix that if I tell her I wanna get every achievement, she fucking loves portal to death.[/QUOTE]

just sign up at ps3t.org and go to their boosting thread and add 3 people from that thread to your list. hug them (or whatever you gotta do). trophy. delete them.

[quote name='8bitArtist']just sign up at ps3t.org and go to their boosting thread and add 3 people from that thread to your list. hug them (or whatever you gotta do). trophy. delete them.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thanks for the good idea. I might go through singleplayer again this weekend to get trophies and stuff while it's down. I mean I would not go out of my way to get trophies like this normally but if it's the last one from a platnium, I gotta for go it, ;)

Got 5 platinums this month and 2 last month for a total of 14.
Assassin's Creed II - 2/21
Uncharted 3 - 2/20
Uncharted 2 - 2/19
Uncharted 1 - 2/17
Saints Row 3 - 2/1
Sims 3 - 1/24
inFamous 2 - 1/18
Pretty good year so far. Will get Heavy Rain, God of War I and II next month probably.

I can easily get Infamous 2 (I just need to rent it again or borrow it and make one playthrough on Hard with evil karma) and God of War 2 (I only have to beat the challenge of the titans).

[quote name='mrcheeses']My last Plat was like half a year ago and it was Tekken 6 which is ridiculously easy @_@ Im going for Catherine now.[/QUOTE]

Good Luck! :D

bread's done
Back