Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

Once the new week starts, I'll be uploading my entry and will give away a $50 Amazon Giftcard if I manage to place in the top 3. Waiting until next week because it's late in the game for week 1 and wouldn't like to steal the spotlight from other CAGs.

Hey guys, would you mind posting your codes after using them?

I have a feeling they're laughably predictable.
It doesn't solve why there's no app winners, but it'd solve the code winners.

Edit:
While the contest rules state it runs on midnight EST, the reset time doesn't seem to be at midnight EST. So it's either a personal 24-hour timer, or midnight PST. Entering again in a day gives a popup.
Also have been able to find 4 winners of the game so far. 2 in Kentucky, but they didn't seem to have any mutual friends. Also found an employee of the company running this and aside from putting in his own submission in the gallery, without a link, he seems to not be cheating, or at least not revealing it. Openbook is amazing for how public Facebook can be.

Still not sure how legit this is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josh1billion']Less than 50 cents per burrito? That is either one hell of a deal or one set of nasty burritos.[/QUOTE]
They're quite a bit like Taco Bell's burritos (maybe a tiny bit better), so I'd say it's the latter. Even so, it's a better deal than this box thing.

[quote name='anticlockclock']Can we update the first post with these 3 CAGers???
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/715/
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/680/
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/473/

Reason being these are the top 3 people from this CAG forum - therefore we have the best chance to win one for CAG! (The original 3 just aren't moving up in the ranks)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we need some CAGs to win. I wonder who's helping the winners right now, though.

[quote name='anticlockclock']Can we update the first post with these 3 CAGers???
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/715/
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/680/
http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/473/

Reason being these are the top 3 people from this CAG forum - therefore we have the best chance to win one for CAG! (The original 3 just aren't moving up in the ranks)[/QUOTE]

I'll probably just remove it from the OP entirely, or wiki it so you guys can duke it out, since the evidence shows it doesn't help at all, and it doesn't stop random people from making their own separate threads about theirs.

You guys sure there isn't a free code method? According to the ToS there is a way to get a free online code not through mail...

EDIT: Nvm from march 1st to march 11 they are giving out free codes

Since has turned into more or less a "referral" thread, with people asking for votes, it's been moved to the referral forum.

Also, all independent threads have been moved to referral central as well, as that is where they belong.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Okay so I just played the game and entered my info and clicked "try your luck" and it said "Bot detected. You have been logged." What the hell?[/QUOTE]

This seems like one epic fail of a promotion so far.

[quote name='fullmetal']This seems like one epic fail of a promotion so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I made a big post about this last night on Google+.

https://plus.google.com/108834288220701909272/posts

2 legit-looking winners in the last hour. THIS is more along the lines of what I was expecting.

The rate of winners posting on the Internet is increasing. Either the cheaters stopped or got enough. There might be a chance now.

I am asking the community for assistance. And as always, nothing is free in this world so I am going to raffle off one of these items. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

I work for a video game website and I get sent a bunch of stuff all the time, If you have twitter, please retweet my entry.

I will only send out the prizes if I am a CONFIRMED WINNER and when I get the PHYSICAL prize at my doorstep.

Sorry but I cannot send the G155 outside of the united states.

please vote and retweet this

I voted for this entry on #UnlocktheBox from @TacoBell. Enter now & you could WIN a PlayStation®Vita! http://unlock.tacobell.com/boast-entry-profile/1466/

http://fierceproducts.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/photo6-e1327953840456.jpg

I will also give out a bunch of codes in a couple days if I see this is working and im getting votes..

http://fierceproducts.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/photo4.jpg

Wow I haven't been on these forums in forever...but anyways just to give you guys hope with the box tops it is possible to win on them. Somehow I managed to at around 3-4pm today. It took a few tries to enter the code though. I got an error message a few times and finally closed the browser and opened it again and it said I won and had me enter my address and all that good stuff in. I haven't gotten an email or anything yet though so I dunno if that's a good sign >.>

edit: oh yeah and for whatever reason they didn't ask what game I want yet so I wonder when they do that? >

Like I saw earlier today when I posted, there are a SHITLOAD more people winning today. Far more. I'm still calling shenanigans on this weekend. But it's safe to enter now.

I actually tried over the weekend too. The code went through...I lost but the site worked lol Though I did have to try a few times to get it to work then too.

[quote name='Saphie']I actually tried over the weekend too. The code went through...I lost but the site worked lol Though I did have to try a few times to get it to work then too.[/QUOTE]

It 'worked' but you never won. The amount of winners in 1 hour today is equal to the amount of winners all weekend.

From what I read today, most people didn't even make it to the "sorry please try again page". Their codes were saying that they were already used or they kept getting errors. I know personally I had to open and close the site a few times just to get the site to accept the code both times I tried.

Anybody else notice how the Gallery has empty spots for a lot of the first page or so? My entry disappeared last night sometime and has not returned Luckily I am getting enough votes to sustain my spot from people linking to it but if no one else can see it it is not going to get anywhere. I have been bouncing between spot 24-26 all day. I hope they get it back up there soon. Let me know if any of you have had same issue or been able to figure it out.

Hey CAG's! This is my first post on a website that I have browsed often. My submission was removed yesterday too. Luckily, it came back today! I went from 2nd to 5th because of that! Please vote for me here! If you would add me to the original post, it would be awesome!

Yeah my picture is gone too.. but I wasn't that high up anyway. Seems impossible to win unless you heavily market your ass off to win. Also tracking winning times today to see the pattern..

1:55 CST
2:09 PM CST
2:27 PM CST
2:35 PM CST
3:00 PM CST
3:03 PM CST
3:18 PM CST
3:44 PM CST
4:01 PM CST (was considering entering my code right before it flipped -_-)
4:08 PM CST
4:18 PM CST (Second straight :18)
4:33 PM CST
4:51 PM CST
5:16 PM CST
5:21 PM CST

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Yeah my picture is gone too.. but I wasn't that high up anyway. Seems impossible to win unless you heavily market your ass off to win. Also tracking winning times today to see the pattern..

1:55 CST
2:09 PM CST
2:27 PM CST
2:35 PM CST
3:00 PM CST
3:03 PM CST
3:18 PM CST[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's accurate, look at this:

1:45-2:00 = 1:55 - 10 minutes late
2:00-2:15 = 2:09 - 9 minutes late
2:15-2:30 = 2:27 - 12 minutes late
2:30-2:45 = 2:35 - 5 minutes late
2:45-3:00 = 3:00 - 15 minutes late
3:00-3:15 = 3:03 - 3 minutes late
3:15-3:30 = 3:18 - 3 minutes late

That fits perfectly with it breaking down to SOMEWHERE in that 15 minute block. So if you track when it updates, you know when to wait to best increase your chances. Maybe waiting AT the 15 is actually worse... Rather just wait as LONG as possible before seeing it tick up.
However, this doesn't include the free App entries. I still have no clue how to fit those in. Maybe it's 10 a day, randomly dispersed.

Since I'm bored, I am refreshing a few times every minute.. the 3:00 or 3:03 is the only one that really seemed out of place so that one could've been a Dojo win since they are so close together.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Congrats. Assuming you were the 4:18 winner? :p[/QUOTE]

Sounds right. I was too busy showing my friends and going crazy and talking about it to go off and note the exact time for you guys. :p

[quote name='Staticbill']Ugh, thought that with the long time span it would be a good time to enter. Not a winner unfortunately. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I did mine then too. Two minutes later a winner popped.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Congrats. Assuming you were the 4:18 winner? :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping track. Somehow we can filter the data to figure out the Dojo winners. Whether is 10 random points a day, or every 2 hours...

[quote name='M3wThr33']Thanks for keeping track. Somehow we can filter the data to figure out the Dojo winners. Whether is 10 random points a day, or every 2 hours...[/QUOTE]

I figured with that data there would be enough info to figure something out. The ones that have two winners within the 15 minute span I am assuming one is a Dojo winner. There were two (I think) instances where a 15 minute span did not have a winner. So take of that what you will, only a three hour or so record of winning times.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Yea I'll gamble a 5 dollar crappy burrito for a chance at a vita :D[/QUOTE]

thats what i did today everything was delicious except i dint win the vita

[quote name='M3wThr33']Any wins from the dojo?[/QUOTE]

Can't even get the app to load on Ice Cream Sandwich, blah.

[quote name='bigboi_k']Can't even get the app to load on Ice Cream Sandwich, blah.[/QUOTE]

Working fine on my Galaxy Nexus.

GUESS WHAT?! I JUST WON! I entered the code at 12:00 midnight pacific time! hahahhahahah oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

[quote name='FIERCEPRODUCTS']GUESS WHAT?! I JUST WON! I entered the code at 12:00 midnight pacific time! hahahhahahah oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah[/QUOTE]

congrats on the win i don't care no more for this game its so gay lol i played it once and dint win we cant even use the same code they gave us with the box its only 1 time play it should of being like the burgerking contest for the kinect bundle im just going to spend $300 for the launch bundle instead even though this is a nice reward sony is giving away for free! but who knows who would win...

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Used my box code, no win. :([/QUOTE]

hey man its okay its not like if we win where going to get it before it comes out lol same thing happen to me i dint win either :( but look at the bright side u can purchase a bundle when it comes out then keep playing this game until its over until u win then sell it on ebay and recuperate your money :) thats what im planning to do with mines lmao:applause:

bread's done
Back