Playstation Vita WiFi $249.99 - 3G/WiFi $299.99 - February 22, 2012 Release

i kinda dont want it moved.. because this is the only section of the forum i go to. i dont visit other sections often. except the referral thread and occasionally ott, and the xbox 360 section.

if this thread were moved.. then i would have to click on other sections of the forum.. and thats just wayyy too much work... i have to open more tabs or windows.. then switch back and forth between the video game deals section and the other section.. i mean cmon..

and i like this thread because i learn new stuff about the vita through here... this is where i get my news about the vita... unless people start bitchin and arguing..

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']This should not be a thread. The only time MSRP belongs in the deal section is if its hard to find (i.e. wii availability)[/QUOTE]

well this thread will lose audiences if its moved.

[quote name='giantqtipz']well this thread will lose audiences if its moved.[/QUOTE]

And? Get your gaming news somewhere other than a "video game deals" forum.

[quote name='62t']Um there are people using the CAG links to place an order. No reason to move it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly its not going anywhere.

Just ignore the thread, its not a big deal

[quote name='drock']And? Get your gaming news somewhere other than a "video game deals" forum.[/QUOTE]
sigh..... idk what to say to this... so ill just leave you with a couple of rarely used emoticons.. :grouphug::spam::fridge::joystick:

[quote name='MSI Magus']I think they did cover not the pricing but the fact that you will have to sign up for a compltly new data plan already. Pretty sure one of the dozen or so podcasts I have listened to this week covered it.[/QUOTE]
I would believe this is the case because it's the way the iPad works. They charge for a separate Data Plan. Plus it's AT&T, I don't think I really need to say more, lol.

[quote name='62t']Um there are people using the CAG links to place an order. No reason to move it.[/QUOTE]
That's the only reason it's not being moved. Otherwise retarded podium threads like this should be sacked.

[quote name='drock']And? Get your gaming news somewhere other than a "video game deals" forum.[/QUOTE]

This isnt a deal anyways so I dont understand what your complaining about, basically you are saying in a topic that is offtopic for this section of the forums...to stop talking about something off topic.. Honestly 90% of the time when people are complaining about something on the net(especially people being offtopic)its completely asinine. I mean ok lets say everyone stops going off topic...do you really think that all of a sudden there is going to be a flood of new discussion about what is on topic? No, people that have something on topic to say will say it and the off topic discussion 90% of the time will die off pretty fast. If anything a lot of times off topic discussion is useful because it keeps a topic bumped more meaning people will wander in and discuss the on topic point more often.

[quote name='giantqtipz']^I swear the last three or four posts you made were so lengthy... I couldn't keep up..[/QUOTE]

Better watch out you just made an off topic post! ;) And yes my posts are generally long and rambling. I am the first to admit I am not the best at keeping my posts short.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Their curent prices are $15 for 200MB a month and $25 for 2GB a month, dont expect it to change[/QUOTE]Precisely.

Also, I like to think that CheapyD is making bank on the PSV preorders - or more likely that he will make bank once we all finally pay for our orders. I say keep it here and make the whitey some monies!

I've had various systems over my life, not much of a gamer anymore though, and a Nintendo fan at heart - but I would like to get something like a Vita in the future to consolidate some tech stuff. Like right now, I'm having a hell of a problem with space and clutter and have been getting rid of stuff left and right. It would be nice to have something I can just use as a semi replacement for my computer. Like go on Skype - which I use for calls, browse the internet, watch some videos, etc. Even better if its hacked (which I'm sure it will be eventually its Sony LOL) and running a version of Linux to really get things going.

Could be a nice multimedia device for all that stuff potentially. Anyone think it could be a good tool for some of that stuff? I haven't kept up with what everything has been announced yet.

[quote name='Hollywood']I've had various systems over my life, not much of a gamer anymore though, and a Nintendo fan at heart - but I would like to get something like a Vita in the future to consolidate some tech stuff. Like right now, I'm having a hell of a problem with space and clutter and have been getting rid of stuff left and right. It would be nice to have something I can just use as a semi replacement for my computer. Like go on Skype - which I use for calls, browse the internet, watch some videos, etc. Even better if its hacked (which I'm sure it will be eventually its Sony LOL) and running a version of Linux to really get things going.

Could be a nice multimedia device for all that stuff potentially. Anyone think it could be a good tool for some of that stuff? I haven't kept up with what everything has been announced yet.[/QUOTE]

You may as well just buy a PSP for half the cost as it does everything you're looking for (well, maybe not Linux). Or a smart phone.

I got an email from amazon about my preorder:

Hello, We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 07 2011 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX):

"PlayStation Vita - WiFi" Estimated arrival date: January 09 2012 - January 12 2012

[quote name='roymustang']I got an email from amazon about my preorder:

Hello, We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 07 2011 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX):

"PlayStation Vita - WiFi" Estimated arrival date: January 09 2012 - January 12 2012[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone got that. I ordered during E3 announcement - and - still have the same pre-order date.

Hang in there, there's no release date yet. We'll get it at release, for sure.

February 22nd folks :D
Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

+ Posted by Jack Tretton // President & CEO

This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I know the PlayStation Nation has been anticipating since we unveiled PlayStation Vita back in January. For those looking to get their hands on the ultimate in handheld entertainment, I’m thrilled to let you know that starting on February 22, 2012, PS Vita will be available at major retailers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.

Our first-party studios and army of publishing partners have been extremely hard at work to ensure that PS Vita launches with a vast library of titles that deliver unique gameplay experiences that go beyond any handheld or mobile device on the market. We have more than 100 games currently in development globally that span many different genres, including Sound Shapes, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Capcom’s Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, EA Sports’ FIFA, Activision’s Call of Duty, and numerous others that you’ll hear about in the months ahead.
I’ve had the chance to spend some time with several of these titles and I think you’ll be blown away by how each takes advantage of the technology packed into PS Vita to deliver amazing gaming experiences. With its vibrant 5-inch OLED screen, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel, PS Vita will deliver rich, immersive games with stunning graphics, which simply can’t be found anywhere else. Now you’ll be able to play shooters and action titles on-the-go with controls that are familiar, and you won’t have to block out the gorgeous screen to interact with the games.
In addition to the deep portfolio of games, you’ll also have access to native social applications – near and Party – that help you connect with your friends and fellow PS Vita owners. We also recently announced that PS Vita will have your favorite social networking applications like Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter, so you can share and connect with friends. With PS Vita, you can enjoy the best handheld gaming experience available and stay connected to the people and interests you care about.
It’s never been a better time to be a part of PlayStation Nation and I can’t wait for you to experience this revolutionary handheld system. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22, 2012 launch!

YES! ok ok ok just $150 more gcs until fully paid off. im so excited for the Vita. the games look gorgeous! especially what the tiny thing can do!

3g preordered!

lessgoooo. in time before my sywr pts expire XD afterall, i doubt there will be bonuses for it. and i've got a bit of pts saved up (not to mention coupons) now to find out if kmart will have both versions so i can stand in the store and contemplate...

thank you BB for all of your high TIV's & the 5 for $100 deal $300 version will cost < $80 cash outta pocket so far. Damn come to think of it might be smart to get 2 & sell the other to completely pay off the 1st.

[quote name='CheapyD']Updated the title with the 2/22/12 release date that was announced today.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for that, it caught my eye! I ordered my 3G thru CAG Amazon back during E3 and have it fully paid for thanks to various ass loads of gift cards I've received (read: credit card rewards & Swagbucks)! Super pumped for this system.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']There any reason to get the 3G version if you're in wifis throughout the day? Does it come with anything extra over the wifi version?[/QUOTE]

Sure, a monthly service charge.

thank you based sony, was about to import for $45304534309543 dollars, i can wait til February :D

bummer about the "memory required" but heh oh well.

day 1 B^)

i knew i should have flipped just dance 3 at best buy haha, time to build up credit at amazon .

i was debating to get this or the ps3 glad i went for the ps3, now if vita had some games worth noting and ps3 trophies i would consider this

I don't want to get burned again like I did with the 3DS but I doubt an $80 dollar price reduction in a matter of months is likely.

[quote name='SGH360']i was debating to get this or the ps3 glad i went for the ps3, now if vita had some games worth noting and ps3 trophies i would consider this[/QUOTE]

It looks like your trophies will be shown for both the PSV and PS3 on both consoles. Not sure if some will be cross platform trophies but I assume.

I'm with you though. Waiting till closer to launch before I get any more games. Only getting Uncharted: GA right now and thinking about getting Hot Shots Golf, Ridge Racer, and Wipeout 2048.

[quote name='matrix9280']Wonder if it'll be worth it as just a video game system. I'll never use any of that other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Of course it will.

If only the PS Vita had some sort of Charging Cradle like the 3DS (because of the battery life). I know the PS Vita will be a hassle for me considering I will only want to play it sometimes and those times it's never fucking charged (like my PSP now). At least with the 3DS I can leave it in the cradle then pick it up when I want to play something. It's nice to have the features like Skype and stuff but I have an iPod for that so I would never use them.

I guess I will wait for the extended battery model, unless Sony releases something similar to the 3DS or they release a bunch of got to have it games that isn't a port/sequel of PS3 games.

[quote name='Rumors']I don't want to get burned again like I did with the 3DS but I doubt an $80 dollar price reduction in a matter of months is likely.[/QUOTE]

Considering Sony's staunch history of VERY slow price drops I highly doubt this will drop even if it tanks. PS3 took how long before it got its first price drop?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If only the PS Vita had some sort of Charging Cradle like the 3DS (because of the battery life). I know the PS Vita will be a hassle for me considering I will only want to play it sometimes and those times it's never fucking charged (like my PSP now). At least with the 3DS I can leave it in the cradle then pick it up when I want to play something. It's nice to have the features like Skype and stuff but I have an iPod for that so I would never use them.

I guess I will wait for the extended battery model, unless Sony releases something similar to the 3DS or they release a bunch of got to have it games that isn't a port/sequel of PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

?
Why don't you just leave the system plugged in? Same thing, minus the extra plastic.

[quote name='Enuf']thank you BB for all of your high TIV's & the 5 for $100 deal $300 version will cost < $80 cash outta pocket so far. Damn come to think of it might be smart to get 2 & sell the other to completely pay off the 1st.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

After the 5/100 deal I'm up to 210 in credit. I'm only getting the Wifi so roughly 30 bucks out of pocket.

not really into the handheld but i am considering getting this. a price drop wont happen but i am hoping for a bundle of some sort maybe at e3. why can they include the damn memory stick with it too

Memory sticks aren't required, but so far, all Sony-made games need them for saving (third parties, so far all of them save on the game itself, at least launch ones in Japan).

AFAIU, 3G is not monthly fees but pay as you go like the iPads.

[quote name='djricekcn']Memory sticks aren't required, but so far, all Sony-made games need them for saving (third parties, so far all of them save on the game itself, at least launch ones in Japan).

AFAIU, 3G is not monthly fees but pay as you go like the iPads.[/QUOTE]

i'm gonna need the memory stick if i want to dl the 10 yrs in the making game from ridiculous square enix ff type 0. i'm assuming it'll come out in the u.s. and be up for dl since it's a final fantasy game

Newegg is the place to go for us new Yorkers with no tax.

Anyway, anyone like to guess the price for games? Since this is 'next-gen' portable, im guessing the prices on the games will be 'next-gen' as well.

So high-end psp games were priced at 40bucks. I'm guessing their high ends games like uncharted GA will be priced at 50 bucks and titles like ridge racer will be like 40ish.

It will at least have more games that appeal to us on launch day than 3ds launch titles

tempting to cancel my 3g preorder, change it wifi version. not sure what the point of the 3g is honestly. with 4g on my phones and tablets now, seems pointless and wasteful. in a few years the 3g will be worthless.

bread's done
Back