PlaySwitch.com - Register A New Free Trading Account, Get a $5 used game for free

sandman8288

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
PlaySwitch.com is running a promotion where new members get
1 trade credit, and $5 credit to order 1 free used PC or Video game.
Shipping is free on every game.

This is a game trading site similar to Goozex.

The selection is mostly older titles, and not the greatest,
and seems to be better for last-gen games.
But for free, who can complain? ;)

See the banner on the left side:
http://www.playswitch.com/

It's quite tedious to search through the games though....
I picked up Tiger Woods 06 for the 360.

How are you supposed to use this site after finding some $5 games(seems to be a few in the ps2 category). I saw star wars III i was like eh whatever thats fine its free i load it up and it says Price $5 for game and manual. Yet it keeps telling me i need more sbucks, i mean if i have $5 why is it telling me i need more money?

edit: never mind you have to look for the promo code in your act email

Unfortunately, this is just another crappy switchplanet-esque trade site. Exact same set-up : though there are "recommended" game values, users charge whatever they want for a game (ie higher than new prices in the real world), while buyers can "bid" on what they'll pay for an item (ie practically nothing), with all transactions using their proprietary "sbucks" that you must buy from them and can not cash back out; they give away free sbucks for signing up, already creating ridiculous levels of point inflation before the site even gets any steam.

Its not an intended scam by the site owners, just a terribly designed trade system that will be dead in the water in a few months, like every other similar site.

[quote name='savagepastry']Unfortunately, this is just another crappy switchplanet-esque trade site. Exact same set-up : though there are "recommended" game values, users charge whatever they want for a game (ie higher than new prices in the real world), while buyers can "bid" on what they'll pay for an item (ie practically nothing), with all transactions using their proprietary "sbucks" that you must buy from them and can not cash back out; they give away free sbucks for signing up, already creating ridiculous levels of point inflation before the site even gets any steam.

Its not an intended scam by the site owners, just a terribly designed trade system that will be dead in the water in a few months, like every other similar site.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I'm new to trading. Is Goozex the best?

[quote name='fldash']Hi, I'm new to trading. Is Goozex the best?[/QUOTE]

Of that sort of site, Goozex does indeed seem the best. A lot of CAGs use it, including myself.

The trading forums here are great too.

Yeah, I have to say, after seeing all the chaos with "recommended prices" and then seeing what people are actually asking for a game, I'm REALLY glad Goozex has rejected all suggestions of implementing a similar system. Goozex's system isn't perfect, but it works, and is far more effective than this set up.

[quote name='fldash']Hi, I'm new to trading. Is Goozex the best?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As previously mentioned, not perfect, but they both a) are not in it for a quick buck, and b) actively work to fix/update/change their system to make it better.

[quote name='vze21gwa']OP if we state that we were referred by you would we be able to get more than one trade token... er game?[/QUOTE]

No. I am not affiliated with the site in any way, I just stumbled across it in a google search.

My copy of Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy came today. I can't play it yet, as my PS2 is not currently in the land of the living, but it looks to be in mint condition.

I received Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox) and Batman Begins from my account and my wife's both in excellent condition.

Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2 arrived this Tuesday.

Got a kick out of the fact that I got a free game, but then question myself as to why I even wanted it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Geez, man. It seems like they're just starting out. What was so bad about it? I mean, besides the amount of games they have in stock, they seem pretty similar to Goozex...[/QUOTE]

The way it's laid out, their terrible search function, the fact that it misrepresents what price a game is actually available at, oh and just about everything else.

If you have a website this broken you aren't just starting out, you're still in development and aren't ready to go live. If you think this is a good design and implementation for a website your business is NEVER going to be successful.

Goozex was pretty shit at first, and I still don't like it (and find their service insufficient for my needs, but that's beside the point), but never as bad as this. Absolutely terrible site. Maybe Cheapy can sneak them in for "worst online trading site" for the Cheapy Awards.

Geez, hate much? A free game for something like half of hour of browsing. What the hell's so bad about that? Broken ite, yes, bad site, definitely not to the point of getting shot down.

I got a copy of the Splinter Cell two pack for PC on the way. The only thing that I had trouble with. Was that when I entered the promo code I forgot to submit order so I had a few bids in limbo for awhile until I figured it out. I can't see the site coming close to goozex, but I got a free game.

Also I would like to add the one thing that'll end up being the death of the site anyway(or atleast part of it). Is that they allow the users to set their own prices. That is going to ruin the system before it gets going. Horrible, horrible implementation by the creaters of the site.

hpv, I also understand you don't like goozex, but the site works, and it works well. That's one of the big things. It's now one of the best sites for trading old games you don't want anymore.

[quote name='JCAll']Geez, hate much? A free game for something like half of hour of browsing. What the hell's so bad about that? Broken ite, yes, bad site, definitely not to the point of getting shot down.[/QUOTE]

It is a truly horrible site that is very much worth shooting down over and over again. Compared to goozex, it is inferior in every way. I hate having to had browse through games for an hour only to discover that there is only a selection of old games and that people make up their own prices. Im surprised that people use it.

Bumping an old thread, but looking for more info on this site. I HATE navigating the site and I HATE the set your own points aspect, but I'm already using Goozex and I'm looking for additional trade sites. What say you CAGs.

the site is easy to use. bid the price you want to buy or set a price you want to sell. a lot of 360 games but not a whole lot of ps3. need more people on the site. i trade couple of games already. not a bad site

if i make multiple bids and they are all accepted am i stuck getting them all, or can i say nevermind? cause there are 3 games i want but only want one for free

hmm and for some reason when i enter the promo code it verifies it, but doesn't add to my account. keeps my bid on hold.

I had that problem, see my post above. After you enter the code and hit verify. You need to submit order to get the points or whatever. BTW I got my Splinter Cell pack awhile back, in pretty good condition too.

[quote name='slidecage']love to find a 2nd site to work with goozex

how long has this been in business... i be shocked if it last 6 months. (reminds me of a poor mans switchplanet[/QUOTE]

I've been using Playswitch for about 1yr now. Gone thru a bunch of changes, some good, some not. Another game trading site that I can recommend is Switchgames.com. A little different than goozex & playswitch. You trade games straight up with other users and they even have a cool interface (switchbot) that matches you with other traders that want your game and they have a game you want.

I too use these sites as a backup to goozex. I usually put games on these sites that I feel don't equal the point value worth on goozex, which are plenty.

If anyone wants to check out my games, most user names on these sites are BIGMAC76.

So far I really like Switchgames as a companion to Goozex. Plus trades are pretty much free. They do have this SafeTrade option but it's like $6! So I usually steer away from that option. Here are some of my recent 360 trades:

My - Red Faction for ODST (really happy about this one!)
Simpsons for Deadliest Catch (meh)
Surf's Up for Bully
X-Blades for NinjaBlade
Def Jam Icon (PS3) for Resistance Retribution (PSP)
Overlord Raising Hell for Ratchet & Clank Tools

yeah I think switchgames does, not sure about playswitch bcz i hardly use that site anymore, it's like pulling teeth to get someone to accept a trade on playswitch. one thing i hate about switchgames is that people always want your newer games for crap. here's some laughable trade requests for my games:

Over the Hedge (GBA) for my Scribblenauts
Deathrow (OG XBOX) for my Saints Row 2

Hey everybody! My name is Jason. I work with the guys and gals at playSwitch.com. I just found this thread (about a week ago) and wanted to be sure to let everyone know that we listened to your ideas/thoughts and have recently updated the site to make the changes requested by CAG members. There were a few issues (such as searching on price) that were oversights on our part and we have either fixed or tweaked the discussed areas.

Please, keep the feedback coming. (We've received many great ideas from our users.) We are truly trying to make playSwitch the best site we can and we listen to ALL feedback!

[quote name='playswitch']The promo code itself will expire, but if you have used it with your account the Sbucks will stay active.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I registered and used promo, but I think all the CAGistas took alot of the games. I have a 6 game want list - I assume only the first to be fulfilled will get done? Or should I expect to be in the red for 5 more games if they all get fulfilled?

LOL... No you won't be in the "red". Once your sbucks are used the other games will go on hold until you get more sbucks.

[quote name='slidecage']i only got a free credit when i signed up.. never got the 5 free bucks : ([/QUOTE]

Check your confirmation email when you signed up, in it is a code you have to manually add to your account as a promo code and then you will get the bucks added.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Check your confirmation email when you signed up, in it is a code you have to manually add to your account as a promo code and then you will get the bucks added.[/QUOTE]

doh forgot that ... thanks

Wow i hate the interface on this site so bad! It reminds me of how buggy the pogo site is. There is nothing instock for 360 for 5 points. I grabbed need for speed underground xbox1. If this works out i might use it off and on but the interface is so annoying.. Then the bid war stuff on the interface just really kills it for me. I rather use ebay or half or amazon 3rd party much easier and quicker. I do like goozex and hope they do not switch to this way of doing things.

Could you let me know what part of the interface you do not like? We did try to make the site different in a way that users wouldn't have to jump though a lot of pages to do simple tasks. Most game trading actions take place on one page. We've had people not like it at first (because it is different), but grow to really appreciate the ease once they get used to it. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Wow i hate the interface on this site so bad! It reminds me of how buggy the pogo site is. There is nothing instock for 360 for 5 points. I grabbed need for speed underground xbox1. If this works out i might use it off and on but the interface is so annoying.. Then the bid war stuff on the interface just really kills it for me. I rather use ebay or half or amazon 3rd party much easier and quicker. I do like goozex and hope they do not switch to this way of doing things.[/QUOTE]

Could you let me know what part of the interface you do not like? We did try to make the site different in a way that users wouldn't have to jump though a lot of pages to do simple tasks. Most game trading actions take place on one page. We've had people not like it at first (because it is different), but grow to really appreciate the ease once they get used to it. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='playswitch']Could you let me know what part of the interface you do not like? We did try to make the site different in a way that users wouldn't have to jump though a lot of pages to do simple tasks. Most game trading actions take place on one page. We've had people not like it at first (because it is different), but grow to really appreciate the ease once they get used to it. Thanks for the feedback![/QUOTE]

Well it is not new user friendly for one. It needs to be more simple for people that have not much experience with online. I been around since the 2400 baud modems and compuserv so i know more then most people about stuff.

The site interface seems to scroll buggy which feels like a game having bad frame rate. I am using firefox on a 3 ghz with 2gb of ram and it acts funky with scrolling.

The interface for the listings are so complicated and not easy to browse and find stuff like on ebay/half/amazon. They make it newbie friendly which is why they get people coming back it is so easy to surf and enjoy doing it.

The set your own price is fine if done correctly. I could come up with an solution but i would really have to be in part of the loop really to even help make it better. I just know what most people prefer easy and fast navigation. If i got to head out in 15 mins and have free time i would not go on to browse. The site just takes to long to window shop for deals. I would most likely do what i been doing and check ebay/half/amazon for deals.

I got many opinions what would help your site become newbie/return customer friendly. I can not really do that well posting here since it is not the right place for it.

If you really interested in my opinions i would actually take time out and help you. The post you did shows me you really care about the people surfing your site and that is enough for me to take time to help if i can. I used to do sites back before java was out.

I say go simple and fix the navigation to make it easier/faster to browse. The user doing there own prices is fine just not excuted well right now i think.

Hit me up in pm if you really want to know more. I am sorry if some stuff did not make sense. I was in a rush to go out and get some late night dinner.

Anyone ever sell games on here? I am tempted to list a few of mine, but not quite sure about it. When someone puts up a bid if I have that game I can just list my game at that price and sell it for the bid?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone ever sell games on here? I am tempted to list a few of mine, but not quite sure about it. When someone puts up a bid if I have that game I can just list my game at that price and sell it for the bid?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know cause i could always use another good place to trade.

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone ever sell games on here? I am tempted to list a few of mine, but not quite sure about it. When someone puts up a bid if I have that game I can just list my game at that price and sell it for the bid?[/QUOTE

i put a few games up for sale last week

say like game A has a bid for 10

well i want 30...

i list the game for 30 and it sits there and it says IF YOU WANT TO SELL IT NOW drop price to 10.. so long story short.. if there is a bid at a price you want it will sell right then...

i fear this will become another switchplanet though so wont list much

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Well it is not new user friendly for one. It needs to be more simple for people that have not much experience with online. I been around since the 2400 baud modems and compuserv so i know more then most people about stuff.

The site interface seems to scroll buggy which feels like a game having bad frame rate. I am using firefox on a 3 ghz with 2gb of ram and it acts funky with scrolling.

The interface for the listings are so complicated and not easy to browse and find stuff like on ebay/half/amazon. They make it newbie friendly which is why they get people coming back it is so easy to surf and enjoy doing it.

The set your own price is fine if done correctly. I could come up with an solution but i would really have to be in part of the loop really to even help make it better. I just know what most people prefer easy and fast navigation. If i got to head out in 15 mins and have free time i would not go on to browse. The site just takes to long to window shop for deals. I would most likely do what i been doing and check ebay/half/amazon for deals.

I got many opinions what would help your site become newbie/return customer friendly. I can not really do that well posting here since it is not the right place for it.

If you really interested in my opinions i would actually take time out and help you. The post you did shows me you really care about the people surfing your site and that is enough for me to take time to help if i can. I used to do sites back before java was out.

I say go simple and fix the navigation to make it easier/faster to browse. The user doing there own prices is fine just not excuted well right now i think.

Hit me up in pm if you really want to know more. I am sorry if some stuff did not make sense. I was in a rush to go out and get some late night dinner.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely like to talk with you about your ideas. We'll look into the lag issue with scrolling. We've tested the site on a few machines and haven't noticed before. I'll PM you so we don't make this thread too crazy long. Thanks!

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone ever sell games on here? I am tempted to list a few of mine, but not quite sure about it. When someone puts up a bid if I have that game I can just list my game at that price and sell it for the bid?[/QUOTE]

There are actually quite a few options when buying, selling, and trading games on the site. We wanted to be sure to cover all the trading styles of games... without getting too complicated.

The first way is a straight buy or sell. (Users can buy or sell instantly to any other user if the price/bid is fair.)

The second way is to list a selling price or bid for your games. (Other users can then accept your prices/bids.)

Many users are also trading games on the site. They will discuss terms through gamer "connect" and then both list their games at higher prices and buy them from each other (cancelling out the actual cost.) We are working on a better interface for this area.

Of course there are always combinations of the above options as well. Sorry for the long winded reply... I just wanted to be sure I answered your question.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']FFFF, not yet for Canada.[/QUOTE]

We haven't forgotten about our friends in Canada! We just want to be sure the system is perfect before we spread out too much.

[quote name='playswitch']There are actually quite a few options when buying, selling, and trading games on the site. We wanted to be sure to cover all the trading styles of games... without getting too complicated.

The first way is a straight buy or sell. (Users can buy or sell instantly to any other user if the price/bid is fair.)

The second way is to list a selling price or bid for your games. (Other users can then accept your prices/bids.)

Many users are also trading games on the site. They will discuss terms through gamer "connect" and then both list their games at higher prices and buy them from each other (cancelling out the actual cost.) We are working on a better interface for this area.

Of course there are always combinations of the above options as well. Sorry for the long winded reply... I just wanted to be sure I answered your question.[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds good looking forward to it.

[quote name='playswitch']There are actually quite a few options when buying, selling, and trading games on the site. We wanted to be sure to cover all the trading styles of games... without getting too complicated.

Of course there are always combinations of the above options as well. Sorry for the long winded reply... I just wanted to be sure I answered your question.[/QUOTE]
i got a question i have been trying to find all over your site but couldnt find an answer anywhere .i was wondeing i have 5 play bucks and made a bid and they havent accepted or denied i dont want to wait a week and them say no or just not accept or deny and me wait for weeks i was wondering can i place other bids and when someone accepts do i confirm that i want it or is me placing a bid mean that when i place it, once they accept my bid thats it, i pay what i bid right there and i dont confirm that i actually want it. hopefully i explained my question clear.

bread's done
Back