PlaySwitch.com - Register A New Free Trading Account, Get a $5 used game for free

sandman8288

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
PlaySwitch.com is running a promotion where new members get
1 trade credit, and $5 credit to order 1 free used PC or Video game.
Shipping is free on every game.

This is a game trading site similar to Goozex.

The selection is mostly older titles, and not the greatest,
and seems to be better for last-gen games.
But for free, who can complain? ;)

See the banner on the left side:
http://www.playswitch.com/

It's quite tedious to search through the games though....
I picked up Tiger Woods 06 for the 360.

i still have some great games for 5 pts available

check out my page: http://www.playswitch.com/toomuchpie617/Have

:xbox: Xbox

:xbox:Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
:xbox:True Crimes Streets of LA
:xbox:Stacked Poker
:xbox:Burnout Revenge
:xbox:Simpsons Hit & Run
:xbox:The Sims Bustin Out
:xbox:MVP Baseball 2005
:xbox:FIFA Street 2
:xbox:Winning Eleven Soccer 08
:xbox:NBA Ballers
:xbox:NHL Rivals 2004

iconpcwin.gif
Backyard Basketball
iconpcwin.gif
Backyard Baseball 2001
iconpcwin.gif
Carnival Cruise Line Tycoon 2005
iconpcwin.gif
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
iconpcwin.gif
LOTR War of the Ring

just send me pm on CAG or write on my wall thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Seems like it. The problem with these type of sites is that it is extremely easy for someone to make a website. The investment, as far as money, can be minimal.

We all appreciate the time put into designing and customer service, etc. etc., but these types of sites are basically no-risk. You have a couple of guys with an idea, they implement it, and if it goes wrong they can just shut it down with relatively little consequence of their own.

Any inventory is not theirs and any loss is not their since the people who would be screwed over are the people who converted their games into points that are rendered useless if the site goes belly up.

This is why people are wary of these trade sites and don't like to dive in.

If the owners showed at least some sort of personal investment into the whole scheme then it would give the site more credibility and the illusion that it might be around for a while since there is more than just a few people churning out code and responding to email invested in the company.

Why can't the tip system be in place already? What is holding that back?

How about a monthly or weekly raffle for a new game paid for by the site and for every trade you send (not receive) you get an entry?

That type of system seemed to work for gamedealdaily to get the site kick started.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to make a small clarification to your earlier post. These type of sites (ours at least) are not extremely easy to put together. (The entire site is custom built including the admin side, ticket system, and everything the user sees.) The owners have been working on it for over 3 years and invested many, many, many hours not to mention a substantial amount of money out of pocket.

It is true that we do not have a large inventory of games, but we didn't want to become a store to sell games. We wanted to create a community for gamers to trade games. We also do not sell games, give away points or give away games all the time to make sure we will be around for a long time. Many sites just start throwing points/money/games out left and right and that is when they realize they took on too much and have to close down. We have been VERY careful of this and not having huge giveaways all the time is a small piece of the puzzle that helps to conserve funds and help pay for servers, etc...

In our defense, we have had contests and given away games in the past (many of which were not displayed on the site). We will be having more giveaways/contests soon... but not TOO many. I promise. LOL

Right now we are working on MANY new updates based on user feedback and our own ideas which is the reason the tip system isn't completed yet. We are working as quickly as we can! Please keep the feedback coming!

well what i thought at the middle of jan to be a great site is starting to turn sour at least for me..

So far sent out

Spiderman Ds and a star wars psp game

GOt matched for puzzle city and got it

Got matched for Backyard basketball back in Jan 30 never got it

Got matched for a zelda game i think weds and the seller still hasnt shipped it (though im not going to really complain about them until next week cause i think they are in washington dc with the snowstorms)

How long do i have to wait from the Jan 30 game before i can report to get my pts back

tired of having points tied up for 3+ weeks

thanks for the offer for the pc verison but have no use for pc games when i got shockwave : )

Last edited by a moderator:
the owners of the site need to invest in some inventory to help display that the system works. somebody has to get the ball rolling and people arent going to step up and catch a potential bullet because the people behind the curtain are afraid to take it.

[quote name='namehater']the owners of the site need to invest in some inventory to help display that the system works. somebody has to get the ball rolling and people arent going to step up and catch a potential bullet because the people behind the curtain are afraid to take it.[/QUOTE]

If they would do something like that they would need to list the games at 10 pts or higher... It would just be plain stupid to list the games at 5 .. Most people will just use their free 5 pts get a free game and then leave.

SO if the company went out and got 100 games and put them at 5 pts each.. if those 100 people only 10% would relist one game.

100 games would then turn into 10 games ....

If they did do something to increase their stock they would need to list them higher then 5

[quote name='slidecage']If they would do something like that they would need to list the games at 10 pts or higher... It would just be plain stupid to list the games at 5 .. Most people will just use their free 5 pts get a free game and then leave.

SO if the company went out and got 100 games and put them at 5 pts each.. if those 100 people only 10% would relist one game.

100 games would then turn into 10 games ....

If they did do something to increase their stock they would need to list them higher then 5[/QUOTE]

yeah, that would be a great idea.

The funny thing is since the site guys advertise here on CAG, it would be quite easy for them to put in even a little leg work, snag some games for 50% or less and list them at a decent point value to have them in the system. It would be a wise investment all around.

Today, I just got so in the mood to play NFL or NBA street dont even ask me why, so i added them. It sounds pretty fair for $5, i added the playstation 2 and gamecube edition of all of the games. Hope I get one of them

Well once again a sellers time was bout to expire so they just accept with no DC number so they can tie my points up for another 20+ days ....... Until this site gets up to speed and starts doing something about these people this site will be long gone within a few months ... No reason to send out anything else when nothing gets listed and when you do find something people never send the games out

There's a reason why Goozex has a $5 minimum on everything...

Anything below that, and I mean ANYTHING, and it's completely not worth it, regardless of the game. One game I did sell on there, though, was complete but the guy was happy with just the CD and serial (PC game), so that was nice.

Awful awful site design, too.

[quote name='dchrisd']Anybody else having problems logging onto the site. I can't connect.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to connect either. I got some friends to try as well and they also can't get in.

I would like to thank everybody for their feedback and ideas! We received many IMs, feedback at the site itself, and of course here in the CAG forum. We've just unleashed a MAJOR update to the site using many of the ideas of CAG members. Let us know what you think. Thanks again.

sort of hate the new homepage...no longer see a way to search games that are not yours in the postings...

hasnt been a new Ds or psp game listed in a week (i think even longer for ps2 or gba games)

seems im going to be stuck with 64 pts for a long time (last trader backed out and never sent the game after having my points tied up for 5 days)

i wouldnt be putting anymore money into this site until it proves it can stand on its own two feet but how it looks now, very few people even use it so no reason to keep sending stuff out

[quote name='slidecage']sort of hate the new homepage...no longer see a way to search games that are not yours in the postings...

hasnt been a new Ds or psp game listed in a week (i think even longer for ps2 or gba games)

seems im going to be stuck with 64 pts for a long time (last trader backed out and never sent the game after having my points tied up for 5 days)

i wouldnt be putting anymore money into this site until it proves it can stand on its own two feet but how it looks now, very few people even use it so no reason to keep sending stuff out[/QUOTE]

There is actually more functionality in the search than there was before. The homepage should really only show a couple of your games at most. The gameMarket now is broken up to make it much easier find titles. If I misunderstood your post, please let me know.

unless im doing something wrong

old way when you went into search game b y system... all of the games you had listed was listed first so everyone elses games were listed below it..... Now all of the games are just all tossed in together

I like some of the new improvements but all the games i did have in the queue to buy never get sent. I did orders since begining of jan and just figured i let it ride. Now the prices went higher so i never really did complete my first deal on here. The $5 i got is just idling there which is funny now. :) You should add oxm demo discs or something so the new $5 people get to try the site and see how it works. Then add the other stuff like 360 for 6 bucks or more. Just an idea but the inventory even looks way smaller then it ever was for instock now.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']WTH? The burger king games are $7 on here but $2ish at gamestop. =/[/QUOTE]

just cause something cost 7 points doesnt really mean its 7 bucks...

Say you got out and buy a game for 10 bucks and sell it for 30 points ... you could buy 4 of those 7 pt games breaking your price point down to 2.50 for a 7 point game

[quote name='slidecage']unless im doing something wrong

old way when you went into search game b y system... all of the games you had listed was listed first so everyone elses games were listed below it..... Now all of the games are just all tossed in together[/QUOTE]

We actually split the pieces apart. All your haves are under the have tab, all your wants are under the wants tab, and any activity will make an activity tab appear. You'll see your games scattered throughout if you happen to have a game that comes up under the search criteria.

I totally forgot about this. I just checked my email to see two days ago that someone took my offer on Spider-Man 2 for Xbox, and it's on its way here. awesome. :D

bread's done
Back