Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bortle']How long did it take you guys to recieve the service contract from Microsoft after sending away for the warranty? I sent mine in October and have yet to hear back from them. They cashed the check, so I know it got there.[/QUOTE]Perhaps they wait until the original 90-day thing runs out? Or perhaps they are just lazy.

Got a question I thought you were able to download while playing games. But when I start GOW it kicks my download off even though I am doing campaign by myself. Is thisjust a GOW thing or are all games like that?

saints row does that. Its because for saints row its like um.. ready for you to play online multiplayer asap. i hope you get what im trying to say.

If I get the Premium system, can I use it on my non HD TV? Like... does it come with the proper AV cords for non HD TV? My room doesn't have HD =/

[quote name='naes']If I get the Premium system, can I use it on my non HD TV? Like... does it come with the proper AV cords for non HD TV? My room doesn't have HD =/[/QUOTE]

Yes it also comes with composite cables.

Yup, and it's very convenient. A single cable comes out the back of the 360, and at the end it branches off into the HD video cables and the old-school red yellow white cables. There's a switch on the cable itself so you can toggle between HD and normal video modes. So when I was done using my 360 on my parent's HDTV, I just put the switch back to normal mode, and the 360 was automatically set back to 4:3 normal definition mode for the TV in my room.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've been curious about this too. I think I might have to pick up a Monster Cable after reading this review:

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xbox-360/53/Monster-Cable-GameLink-360-Component-Video-AV-Cable/p2/

Where did you see deals on the Monster one, I want one now.[/quote]

Sorry took me so long to post back. After researching the only thing I found negative was the price. Everyone said there was a difference in picture quality and was worth the purchase. I bought a set this morning from Buy.com. Included the component cables and fiber optic cable. Shipped for 39.27 using the google checkout. That is the cheapest I have seen it.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Monster_Game_GLX360_CV_FO_10_10_Xbox_360_tm_Component_Video_Fiber/q/loc/108/202148288.html

I still dont understand the warrenty....I bought my 360 back in January and didnt get the extended warrenty...So is it to late to get the two year($60) warrenty or can i get it whenever? A pm would be nice because this thread is so large

I got http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sylv...48042/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do on black friday at CC and its a Christmas present, since then I've been looking around for explanations on what the stuff means, like 480p, and I cannot find any good answers. So I come here with just 1 question! Will my 360 look noticably better on that tv compared to the 20 inch standard def old piece of crap tv I have now? I also have s-video cables to use to hook it up with, any reply would be appreciated.

PS. I think this is in the right place, but I'm not sure, so if its not move it where it is, thanks.

Yes my mom just got her 22 inch lcd screen set up and the hd channels look amazing. Its not so much that it looks better is more that it looks a lot clearer. As if your there type of thing.....Actualy your tv only has 480 p....Which i believe is the either the number of pixels or the resolution.....It may not look that much better

Anyone? I still dont understand the warrenty....I bought my 360 back in January and didnt get the extended warrenty...So is it to late to get the two year($60) warrenty or can i get it whenever? A pm would be nice because this thread is so large

[quote name='slickkill77']Yes my mom just got her 22 inch lcd screen set up and the hd channels look amazing. Its not so much that it looks better is more that it looks a lot clearer. As if your there type of thing.....Actualy your tv only has 480 p....Which i believe is the either the number of pixels or the resolution.....It may not look that much better

Anyone? I still dont understand the warrenty....I bought my 360 back in January and didnt get the extended warrenty...So is it to late to get the two year($60) warrenty or can i get it whenever?[/quote]There's no reason why you can't go ahead and get it now, that is along the lines of what I did to get my 2 year warranty.

[quote name='slickkill77']A pm would be nice because this thread is so large[/quote]You are not the first to mention that, so I have an idea...

ATTENTION ALL CAGs!!!
As a number of you have mentioned, this thread has indeed grown much larger than anticipated since its creation. So, on this 6 month anniversary of the 360 FAQ thread, I am going to be working on a "General Xbox 360 Information for Recent/Potential Buyers and FAQ Version 2.0" which is to be due at the beginning of next year. I will (aka try my best to) include:

*More information

*Updates on as much of the OP as possible (included will be a plan to update the thread once a week - unless there is absolutely nothing to update)*

*New layout to make finding answers in the OP easier*

*..and more!*

Hopefully, the new thread will help even more to end these rampant threads which ask the same question over and over and will help those who have questions get their answers! Thanks for all the help so far guys, and make sure to get questions in before the 29th or 30th because the thread will be closed after then so that I may finish working on the second.
- X

Strange problem I had this morning. Got my copy of Hitman: BM in the mail and went to play, then shortly after the first mission started, the system made a beep sound and froze. I shut the system off, turned it back on, beeped and froze while loading my save. Try again, this time it beeps and freezes before the startup logo can appear, then again while I'm flipping through the blades on the dashboard.

I thought it might possibly be a heating problem since I will admit the location could be better and I wasn't getting any red lights. I waited for a bit and took it into the living room where it's usually very cold, started playing and got through the mission and to the second with no issues whatsoever (roughly 20-25 minutes). Messed around a little to see if anything I did made the beep/freeze happen once more, but nothing.

Was that what could of been causing it? I guess if I keep playing in another room and it doesn't happen again, that's the case. I'm hoping that's all it is, atleast.

[quote name='AlienLX']Strange problem I had this morning. Got my copy of Hitman: BM in the mail and went to play, then shortly after the first mission started, the system made a beep sound and froze. I shut the system off, turned it back on, beeped and froze while loading my save. Try again, this time it beeps and freezes before the startup logo can appear, then again while I'm flipping through the blades on the dashboard.

I thought it might possibly be a heating problem since I will admit the location could be better and I wasn't getting any red lights. I waited for a bit and took it into the living room where it's usually very cold, started playing and got through the mission and to the second with no issues whatsoever (roughly 20-25 minutes). Messed around a little to see if anything I did made the beep/freeze happen once more, but nothing.

Was that what could of been causing it? I guess if I keep playing in another room and it doesn't happen again, that's the case. I'm hoping that's all it is, atleast.[/quote]

It could be a bad game. I used to get that once or twice while playing Full Auto.

Okay, I moved it back into my room and tried a few other games, which all worked fine. Tried Hitman and it froze again.. so I was thinking it could be the game. Though when I went to restart this time, I got four flashing red lights.

I know three lights means system death, but what does four mean?

[quote name='AlienLX']Okay, I moved it back into my room and tried a few other games, which all worked fine. Tried Hitman and it froze again.. so I was thinking it could be the game. Though when I went to restart this time, I got four flashing red lights.

I know three lights means system death, but what does four mean?[/quote]
4 Flashing lights is supposedly AV cable issues. Check here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906652

Thanks for the link, apparently it looks like all the problems may indeed be due to the AV cable.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and was able to play for quite a while, until the next mission where it happened again a few times. Repeated the procedure and it went away. I'm more or less waiting for the inevitable moment where it beeps again and scares the crap out of me, since this seems to be only a temporary fix.

Strange for it to just go bad out of the blue like that though; I was beginning to think it was the game since my others worked fine, but if removing the AV cable makes it stop somewhat, it must not be.

Make sure you clarify the warrenty thing in the new version...Tell everyone that the warrenty can be had at any time...That'll be one of my christmas presents...

If you have multiple Xbox Live Gold 48 hour trial cards, are they stackable? ex: if I have 3 trial cards, does that mean I can get a total of 6 days of xbox live gold, or am I only allowed to use one trial code?

[quote name='slickkill77']Make sure you clarify the warrenty thing in the new version...Tell everyone that the warrenty can be had at any time...That'll be one of my christmas presents...[/quote]
Whoa, are you for real? I forgot to send off the paper that came inside my 360 for the warranty when I got it back in August (didn't notice it until later) and I thought for sure those things were for a limited time only.

So I can mail that card in and still get one?

ok ok look, there are two different kinds of warranties that you guys are talking about:

1) There is a limited warranty (the one that comes with the Xbox 360 itself) that protects for 90 days of the purchase of your 360 or some "limited" amount of time.

2) There is a 1 and 2 year extended warranty that you can get after your limited warranty expires that helps protect the system and accessories.

Number one goes into affect immediately after getting the system, pending that you have some sort of proof of your purchase. After this 90 days or "limited time" your warranty is up and you must pay for sending the Xbox 360 to MS. Number two can be aquired at any time through Microsoft themselves (recommended way). This way takes some time to process so it would be best to go ahead and purchase and not wait on the chance that it breaks.

Actually, number one comes with the system and there's nothing you have to do to get it (manufacturer's warranty). It's number two (limited warranty) that you have to send in for. It's the piece of paper they have you fill out. The confusion comes as it states on the paper itself that it has to be sent in within 10 days of the console's purchase.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Actually, number one comes with the system and there's nothing you have to do to get it (manufacturer's warranty). It's number two (limited warranty) that you have to send in for. It's the piece of paper they have you fill out. The confusion comes as it states on the paper itself that it has to be sent in within 10 days of the console's purchase.[/quote]Oops, thanks for catching my mistake (guess I should have double checked that). And although it says to do it immediately following the purchase of the system, in all likelihood you shouldn't have much problem obtaining it after the 10 days (it's what I did).

Wait, so you could buy the extended warranty at any time after the 90-day limited warranty wear off? So does that mean that if a year later, you start getting disc read errors or hearing loud noises, you could go ahead and buy the warranty then, so if it dies soon after you'd get an all new 360? If that's the case I may wait awhile before jumping aboard this warranty business.

Hey guys, just bought an xbox 360. I'm about to sign up for extended warranty. The serial numbers for my warranty is the big bold spaced out numbers right? I'm just wondering because I don't want to give them the wrong serial number.

[quote name='989boi']Hey guys, just bought an xbox 360. I'm about to sign up for extended warranty. The serial numbers for my warranty is the big bold spaced out numbers right? I'm just wondering because I don't want to give them the wrong serial number.[/QUOTE]

Just call them and do it over the phone so you don't do anything wrong.

[quote name='989boi']Hey guys, just bought an xbox 360. I'm about to sign up for extended warranty. The serial numbers for my warranty is the big bold spaced out numbers right? I'm just wondering because I don't want to give them the wrong serial number.[/QUOTE]

Damn it does say serial number lol. I didn't notice it at first because my 360 is not located in a well lighted area. Anyways thanks for the help.

[quote name='daewezzy']Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to log onto my friends Xbox 360 at the same time he is?[/quote]Are you talking about a profile? an Xbox Live account?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Are you talking about a profile? an Xbox Live account?[/quote]an xbox live account. it's actually for R6V, so we can get the achievement where you have to beat all the T-Hunt missions on splitscreen. Its just so we dont have to play it twice (once on his and once on mine).

--Thanks

[quote name='daewezzy']an xbox live account. it's actually for R6V, so we can get the achievement where you have to beat all the T-Hunt missions on splitscreen. Its just so we dont have to play it twice (once on his and once on mine).

--Thanks[/QUOTE]

That's really dependent on the game, but most games that support splitscreen support that.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']In case you missed the other thread, warranties are now 1 year standard, and can be retroactive.[/quote]Thanks, it's being added in the update.

[quote name='slickkill77']What does registering the console on xbox.com actualy do?[/quote]

If you're talking about the serial number info, as far as I can tell, nothing special.

If you're just talking about registering your Live ID:

Benefits of registering include:

Get your own Xbox Live account

Create an Xbox.com account to get access to the Xbox.com forums and to exclusive news, articles, and tips & tricks.
Access your Xbox Live gamer profile

View your gamer card, friends, and achievements, and edit your gamer profile settings.
Transition easily to Xbox Live

You'll get a real gamertag to use on your console. When you sign up for Xbox Live, it'll use the info you entered here.

Hi, well Ive searched around and couldn't find an answer to my question so Im hoping someone here could answer it:

- On PDZ, If 2 people are playing on one console and play Co-Op, can we both sign in with our individual gamer profiles? As if we beat Co-Op together is it possible for both of us to receive the achievement? Or will it just go to the main profile?

[quote name='buterbals']Hi, well Ive searched around and couldn't find an answer to my question so Im hoping someone here could answer it:

- On PDZ, If 2 people are playing on one console and play Co-Op, can we both sign in with our individual gamer profiles? As if we beat Co-Op together is it possible for both of us to receive the achievement? Or will it just go to the main profile?[/quote]That's how it works in GoW, so I'd imagine it would.

Are the wireless controllers supposed to have a delay when pressing a buttun? Is that just because I have a wireless controller? Also, can I delete downloads to be systems?

[quote name='pop311']Are the wireless controllers supposed to have a delay when pressing a buttun? Is that just because I have a wireless controller? Also, can I delete downloads to be systems?[/QUOTE]

The wireless controller should have no noticeable delay, although that may happen if batteries are low.

The OS on the 360 won't let you delete anything that "breaks" your xbox, if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back