Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I went in there and told them that I got the red light and they gave me a new one. I came in with just the cosole and the lady was soooooooo close too giving me a whole new premium box with extra controller and everything but right as I got to the door, she told me to come back because she forgot something. Then she took everything, even a piece of my manhood.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']If you do purchase a wireless controller you will probably want to have the Play and Charge kit for each controller. This allows you to hook up an adapter to the top of the controller during play or standby which charges the battery in the controller. The alternative is plowing through AA batteries whenever the battery is running out of juice.[/QUOTE]

Other alternative (and my method of choice) - just use regular NIMH rechargeable batteries. You can get an 8 pack for just a little more than a play & charge kit (or a 4 pack for less)....you get a lot more for your money and can use any batteries you don't need for the controller(s) in other stuff (MP3 players, cameras, etc).

Just make sure you get a higher-capacity set (like 2500mAh) to maximize the time needed between charges, and charge them when they start to get low, don't wait until they're completely drained - it makes the overall lifespan on the batteries a bit longer.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Question: What looks better? 720p or 1080i?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are saying 720p actually looks better for games, despite the fact that 1080i is a higher resolution. I don't necessarily doubt it, although the difference is negligible enough to me where I just leave it on 1080i (as my HDTV is a CRT set so there are no native resolution constraints).

For film, I'd say 1080i looks better....but since the 360 can't display standalone movies at that resolution (at least until the HD-DVD player is out...) it's a moot point.

So why the hell do I leave it on 1080i then?

I don't know. I'm an idiot. Sue me.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Question: What looks better? 720p or 1080i?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are saying 720p actually looks better for games, despite the fact that 1080i is a higher resolution. I don't necessarily doubt it, although the difference is negligible enough to me where I just leave it on 1080i (as my HDTV is a CRT set so there is no native resolution constraints).

For film, I'd say 1080i looks better....but since the 360 can't display DVD movies at that resolution (at least until the HD-DVD player is out...) it's a moot point.

Well it seems people have been asking/looking for troubleshooting help the past couple days so I was letting them know what the update to the OP was.

OK i got a 360 today and shoud i really get the warranty? I mean i got the PS2 way back just days after the christmas it launched and it didnt fully crap out on my until like 4 years later. I never buy warrantys for anything.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']OK i got a 360 today and shoud i really get the warranty? I mean i got the PS2 way back just days after the christmas it launched and it didnt fully crap out on my until like 4 years later. I never buy warrantys for anything.[/quote]
Yes, definitely get the warranty. You never know what'll happen.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Yes, definitely get the warranty. You never know what'll happen.[/quote]

I agree, $60 for 2 years is nothing (MS Warranty). Think of it as $1 a month. Its totally worth it.

Do we have a designated thread here for our XBL names and info? It would be nice if I could add a few CAG's to my friends list just so I can play against some friendly faces. BTW: GordonLangley is my username

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I agree, $60 for 2 years is nothing (MS Warranty). Think of it as $1 a month. Its totally worth it.[/quote]

Wait, what?

2 years = 24 months. $1 a month = $24.

I'm confused.

In terms of systems if someone feels fairly confident in terms of theirs being reliable I would suggest buying the Japanese system instead. In terms of the games EVERY single version is available either Asian or Japanese, I THINK even the Oblivion CE is available for Asian 360. What I'm saying is you basically get most games translated to English earlier as well as paying about thee same price as the U.S. if not cheaper. Also any Japanese games that look appealing that may not have a shot of getting to the U.S. you're set in getting.
The only place you lose is by chance if the 360 craps out. Other than this I think the average gamer would be happier with an import 360.
Only problem I can think might be with N3 Asian which MIGHT be translated off the Chinese for audio though I could be wrong there and they might have just slapped on a Japanese translation to English in haste.

[quote name='Sarang01']
The only place you lose is by chance if the 360 craps out. Other than this I think the average gamer would be happier with an import 360.
Only problem I can think might be with N3 Asian which MIGHT be translated off the Chinese for audio though I could be wrong there and they might have just slapped on a Japanese translation to English in haste.[/quote] It's much easier and cheaper to just buy the American system and get games off the PlayAsia site, which are cheaper than the $60 tag. The extent that I see someone going to to get Japanese content is the fake Japanese account for the Marketplace. Too many "if"s and "might"s in that reason above for me to agree to that plan.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']It's much easier and cheaper to just buy the American system and get games off the PlayAsia site, which are cheaper than the $60 tag. The extent that I see someone going to to get Japanese content is the fake Japanese account for the Marketplace. Too many "if"s and "might"s in that reason above for me to agree to that plan.[/QUOTE]

The problem here though is not all games will cover that spectrum. You buy a Japanese or Asian system you have your bases covered. The Asian CE of Oblivion is like what $50? The tin box for PD is $50 which if that was the debut price is $10 less than what the American version cost. I can go on and on. Enchant Arms for $40 is another.
If you go the American route you're stuck with Activision, Ubisoft and Eidos. I'm not saying the games offered are bad, you're just more limited in selection for going the lower cost route.

can someone tell me how to hook my xbox 360 to my pc? i can run an ethernet cable from my router to my xbox and do i need to download media center and where i can find that download, thank you in advance

[quote name='joey12169']can someone tell me how to hook my xbox 360 to my pc? i can run an ethernet cable from my router to my xbox and do i need to download media center and where i can find that download, thank you in advance[/quote]

You do need Media Center, instructions and DL info:

Q: I'm interested in listening to music and viewing pictures from my PC. How do I do that?
A: Go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup and download the setup files for Microsoft Windows Media Connect. Once you've installed and configured Windows Media Connect, make sure your computer is networked with your Xbox 360 console.
If you need help, see our Introduction to Home Networking.
Once you're connected, fire up your Xbox 360 console and head to the Media area of the Xbox® Dashboard. Select Music or Pictures, then choose Computer. Your Xbox 360 console will automatically find and connect to your PC on your home network.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/supportfaq.htm

[quote name='Sporadic']You only need Media Center if you want to run videos.

For music and photos you can just download Windows Media Connect.

I'm sure that's what you meant but I'd just thought I would clear it up.[/quote]

Crap. That's exactly what I meant.
Media Connect, Media Center, why the hell did they name them similarly, why not call it Media X-Connect? I guess it'd be too easy :roll:
Thanks for correcting me Sporadic

Question about achievements. Let's say you get 100 points from achievements. Are they just for bragging rights or are they actually used for something?

Simply for bragging rights, they are basically there to show other people who look at your gamercard how much you've played a certain game. So far achievements don't go towards any prizes or contests.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Simply for bragging rights, they are basically there to show other people who look at your gamercard how much you've played a certain game. So far achievements don't go towards any prizes or contests.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. For some reason I thought they could be used for marketplace points.

Heres a question I have about arcade games.

When I go to use my gamestop warranty someday, they're going to let me swap my HDD so I don't lose my saves. However, what will I do about my arcade games? I know they're tied to both the HDD and system, and if you swap HDD you can only play the full arcade games when you're logged on...is there anyway for MS to fix this?

With Play-Asia, wouldn't it be difficult to trade these if I ever decided I didn't want the game because it's not the "official" version? I also heard the boxart is different.

[quote name='manofpeace20']With Play-Asia, wouldn't it be difficult to trade these if I ever decided I didn't want the game because it's not the "official" version? I also heard the boxart is different.[/QUOTE]

Trade it in without the case, problem solved.

[quote name='seanr1221']Heres a question I have about arcade games.

When I go to use my gamestop warranty someday, they're going to let me swap my HDD so I don't lose my saves. However, what will I do about my arcade games? I know they're tied to both the HDD and system, and if you swap HDD you can only play the full arcade games when you're logged on...is there anyway for MS to fix this?[/quote]

I believe they are tied to your gamertag as well, so you should be able to re-download them.

the leds on the controller keep spinning. they dont go longer that 15 seconds. just like 4-5 sec.

xbox.com says if its longer that 15 sec you have a connection problem. but they dont mention this. are the batteries just low maybe?

[quote name='orntar']the leds on the controller keep spinning. they dont go longer that 15 seconds. just like 4-5 sec.

xbox.com says if its longer that 15 sec you have a connection problem. but they dont mention this. are the batteries just low maybe?[/quote]
Yes, low batteries. Check the top left of the guide, there is a battery life meter on there.

Just a quick jiffy of a question: What's the price of the warranty, how long is it, and I just call the number in the box? I'm guessing you have roughly about 10 days to fill it out. Also, once you answer these, I think it would be good to add the info to the OP since it would clear up alot in terms of warranty. Either that or put up a link with the info.

Also, is it a good idea to get a store warranty, or is that total BS?

I may be converting over to a 360 to tide the time over for the PS3 and Wii. Don't think I'll sell my 360 when those consoles hit release, as most of the games comming out later in the 360's life is what I want. Mainly team ninja stuff.

I may have one this week, but I really don't know. It'll be between 1 to 3 weeks before I get one, but I want to educate myself like a good prostitute would do (i mean that in a nice way...? wait, wtf did I mean by that???).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Just a quick jiffy of a question: What's the price of the warranty, how long is it, and I just call the number in the box? I'm guessing you have roughly about 10 days to fill it out. Also, once you answer these, I think it would be good to add the info to the OP since it would clear up alot in terms of warranty. Either that or put up a link with the info.

Also, is it a good idea to get a store warranty, or is that total BS?

I may be converting over to a 360 to tide the time over for the PS3 and Wii. Don't think I'll sell my 360 when those consoles hit release, as most of the games comming out later in the 360's life is what I want. Mainly team ninja stuff.

I may have one this week, but I really don't know. It'll be between 1 to 3 weeks before I get one, but I want to educate myself like a good prostitute would do (i mean that in a nice way...? wait, wtf did I mean by that???).[/QUOTE]

Be smart and just say fuck MS and get it from Costco where you get a warranty with it, no extra cost plus with the membership you CAN save on some things depending. Cheap gummy bears, $1 a pound. Supposedly really cheap liquor too and some things I would wholeheartidly suggest buying at Costco if it's a niche item like Boylans which makes it unpleasant to buy costwise at their site compared to Costco and that's being light. Also they have some really cool Promo's where people who work for the company come by and will sell items NOT in the store and give you special deals with mix and match, like in Korea as I don't think the average American grocery store does this type of shit. I'm still kicking myself I missed on the opportunity to buy regular Fuse stuff instead of that diet crap that only seems to be available at Costco.

[quote name='Sarang01']Be smart and just say fuck MS and get it from Costco where you get a warranty with it, no extra cost plus with the membership you CAN save on some things depending. Cheap gummy bears, $1 a pound. Supposedly really cheap liquor too and some things I would wholeheartidly suggest buying at Costco if it's a niche item like Boylans which makes it unpleasant to buy costwise at their site compared to Costco and that's being light. Also they have some really cool Promo's where people who work for the company come by and will sell items NOT in the store and give you special deals with mix and match, like in Korea as I don't think the average American grocery store does this type of shit. I'm still kicking myself I missed on the opportunity to buy regular Fuse stuff instead of that diet crap that only seems to be available at Costco.[/QUOTE]

um... I'm already a costco member thx for the not so needed input on their wholesale business.

Also, I am buying from EB since I have about $100 credit there that I might as well use.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']um... I'm already a costco member thx for the not so needed input on their wholesale business.

Also, I am buying from EB since I have about $100 credit there that I might as well use.[/QUOTE]

Soz I just figure if you can get a warranty for free why not?

[quote name='Sarang01']Soz I just figure if you can get a warranty for free why not?[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok :lol:

sorry if I took it the wrong way >_<

Yeah, I don'y mind paying for a warranty... but how much does M$ charge?

$50 I think. That's pretty much a game hence why I get bitter about it, plus I think there's something wrong when people feel they NEED the warranty instead of feeling like "Hey this seems like a pretty good product but just in case.".
I know I get enthusiastic but I like that store. I'm terrible about it but Sonderiaom is drifting mee into his ranks. ;-P Kidding, kidding. Wouldn't mind a job there around my area.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Also, once you answer these, I think it would be good to add the info to the OP since it would clear up alot in terms of warranty. Either that or put up a link with the info.[/quote]
Ask and thou shalt receive. OP updated with warranty info. $60 for the 2 year warranty and you must call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and make sure to have your serial number ready.

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Great thread. Thanks for taking the time.[/quote]
Thanks, but it still looks like barely anyone uses it. Waaay too many threads keep popping up that belong here.

I received mine from Overstock. USPS -- box was a little beat up, unfortunately. My console makes a clicking sound when I turn it upside down, as if a latch might be loose. Is this normal (like a locking mechanism that isn't engaged or something?) or does it suggest something is loose inside? Would anyone mind tilting their console back and forth and see if you hear anything, please?

My harddrive is in the console.

[quote name='sgs89']I received mine from Overstock. USPS -- box was a little beat up, unfortunately. My console makes a clicking sound when I turn it upside down, as if a latch might be loose. Is this normal (like a locking mechanism that isn't engaged or something?) or does it suggest something is loose inside? Would anyone mind tilting their console back and forth and see if you hear anything, please?

My harddrive is in the console.[/QUOTE]

You should hear a little sound, which detects which way the system is positioned.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Thanks, but it still looks like barely anyone uses it. Waaay too many threads keep popping up that belong here.[/quote]

I've noticed that too. Its a shame.

[quote name='seanr1221']You should hear a little sound, which detects which way the system is positioned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks -- relieved to hear that something didn't get broken during the (seemingly rough) shipping.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Ask and thou shalt receive. OP updated with warranty info. $60 for the 2 year warranty and you must call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and make sure to have your serial number ready.[/QUOTE]

huge thanks :)

I'll give them a call once I get my system. Is there a time limit to do this or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back