Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Thanks, but it still looks like barely anyone uses it. Waaay too many threads keep popping up that belong here.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...just ugh. What complete bs. Why can't the other make an almost always reliable launch and past launch system like Nintendo? I mean seriously this is fucking ridiculous and MS should be bitchslapped for the simple fact in no uncertain terms it's understood you SHOULD get your warranty for it will die. I really don't see the logic in console realms of not keeping a really close eye on quality control considering I'd rather have that money going to pure profit then being spent on something I know is a loss for my company.

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting two more controllers to complete a full set of four. Does anyone know of a Xbox 360 controller rack or holder? I need something to put the controllers so they won't be all over the place and disorganized. Any thoughts?

One question, I can buy a 360 at anytime for 320 dollars... (premuim) because of amazon credit... but should I wait to spend money on this or buy this if it comes out in a bundle?

EDIT: Also, would the online enabled demos keep me busy enough until summer ends? I am looking at PDZ and GRAW mostly... and I will prob wind up buying a game soon after, but wouldnt be able to for a few weeks....

[quote name='help1']One question, I can buy a 360 at anytime for 320 dollars... (premuim) because of amazon credit... but should I wait to spend money on this or buy this if it comes out in a bundle?

EDIT: Also, would the online enabled demos keep me busy enough until summer ends? I am looking at PDZ and GRAW mostly... and I will prob wind up buying a game soon after, but wouldnt be able to for a few weeks....[/quote]

I seriously doubt it will come in a bundle (at least the kind I believe you are asking about) especially for as low as $320.

The demos can definitely keep you busy, especially GRAW, BF2:MC, LOTR:BfME2, and the like. PDZ is going to be $20 this week at Circuit City, so you might as well buy that if you can, even though the game itself doesn't really get my endorsement.

[quote name='2Fast']I seriously doubt it will come in a bundle (at least the kind I believe you are asking about) especially for as low as $320.

The demos can definitely keep you busy, especially GRAW, BF2:MC, LOTR:BfME2, and the like. PDZ is going to be $20 this week at Circuit City, so you might as well buy that if you can, even though the game itself doesn't really get my endorsement.[/quote]

Well, there is a rumored bundle for PGR3 and 1250 live points floating around the internet that says taht for the price of 400, you get the premium and more, and I have 80 bux at amazon.com in credit from coinstar, so it woulbe be around 320.

[quote name='help1']Well, there is a rumored bundle for PGR3 and 1250 live points floating around the internet that says taht for the price of 400, you get the premium and more, and I have 80 bux at amazon.com in credit from coinstar, so it woulbe be around 320.[/QUOTE]

how likely is the Pro bundle to be out august 1st and if it's premium?

to resay wht I was asking in a closed forum:

I was wondering about the amount of time I have to get my warranty for a 360 after I purchase the system.

Is it that you only have 10 days after purchase of the system to get the warranty or is it that you only have 10 days after getting your system registered with Microsoft?

thanks in advance

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to resay wht I was asking in a closed forum:

I was wondering about the amount of time I have to get my warranty for a 360 after I purchase the system.

Is it that you only have 10 days after purchase of the system to get the warranty or is it that you only have 10 days after getting your system registered with Microsoft?

thanks in advance[/quote]

I think its registered.

Im not 100 percent sure, but I would think about 65-75 percent ish.

Links:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24804690&sid=6154119
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110054
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/rumor-watch-xbox-360-pro-bundle-hits-in-august-187579.php

[quote name='help1']One question, I can buy a 360 at anytime for 320 dollars... (premuim) because of amazon credit... but should I wait to spend money on this or buy this if it comes out in a bundle?

EDIT: Also, would the online enabled demos keep me busy enough until summer ends? I am looking at PDZ and GRAW mostly... and I will prob wind up buying a game soon after, but wouldnt be able to for a few weeks....[/quote] If you are patient enough you could ride out this rumor to see if it is true or not then make your decision. The online demos and arcade games can surely keep you busy if you only get one or two games for a good amount of time.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
thanks in advance[/quote] I'm pretty sure it would be after you register your system.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I doubt that bundle will happen[/QUOTE]

I hate how much of a bind I'm in now... whover started the whole bundle idea is going to get a kick in the ass if it's fake.

Due to all this talk, I may have to wait till august 1st instead of this monday to pick up my 360 damn it... that's about the 3rd delay for me >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hate how much of a bind I'm in now... whover started the whole bundle idea is going to get a kick in the ass if it's fake.

Due to all this talk, I may have to wait till august 1st instead of this monday to pick up my 360 damn it... that's about the 3rd delay for me >_

well, it looks alot less like the Pro Bundle willnot happen next week, so I'm getting my 360 tommorow. After I get my next paycheck after that, I'll register my 2 year warranty with Microsoft and then pay for my full year of Live Gold.

also, it seems that the Pro Bundle was just CC's bundle for this week.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, it looks alot less like the Pro Bundle willnot happen next week, so I'm getting my 360 tommorow. After I get my next paycheck after that, I'll register my 2 year warranty with Microsoft and then pay for my full year of Live Gold.

also, it seems that the Pro Bundle was just CC's bundle for this week.[/quote]

What exactly made you think this way? I know you recanted, but what made you think it was right.

[quote name='help1']What exactly made you think this way? I know you recanted, but what made you think it was right.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I can answer that if I knew exactly what you were asking, but I honestly don't know what you want to know. If you can ask it more specificly that would be great... oh and no worries, I made it a point to get my 360 tommorow, even if the pro bundle is confirmed. I realized alot pf the stuff in the pro bundle wasn't too much extra and stuff I didn't need totally (PGR3 mainly). The points are cheap and I'll have a 1 year Gold account in about 2 weeks.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I can answer that if I knew exactly what you were asking, but I honestly don't know what you want to know. If you can ask it more specificly that would be great... oh and no worries, I made it a point to get my 360 tommorow, even if the pro bundle is confirmed. I realized alot pf the stuff in the pro bundle wasn't too much extra and stuff I didn't need totally (PGR3 mainly). The points are cheap and I'll have a 1 year Gold account in about 2 weeks.[/quote]
Well, I was asking what made you think that the bundle was NOT going to come out? There are alot of people and one picture that back it up!

Congrats on the 360, hope fully you find it fun! Also, im not buyign the bundle for PGR3, but the points are appealing to me but the 3 month is worthless to me, but one of my friends might be willign to buy those for about 20 intotal... 20 bux = PD0.

I know I'll find it fun, but not as fun as most other systems I've owned ATM. It'll grow on me, but the main pull for me is Live and a few minor other things... eventually I'll put more time into it to make me enjoy it more.

Added "360 Deals" to the list of info, if there is anything else I am missing, please lemme know. I want this info to be as detailed and as all-inclusive as possible.

add that its better/cheaper to buy the 1600 market place point card then to buy the points directly from the marketplace.

About the warranty...I know everyone has been saying 60 dollars, but I had a card that came with my 360 saying 50 dollars billed on the credit card. Am I missing something or is it cheaper to pay with a credit card?

its 50 if you pay with a credit card but some cags have been reporting that when they call 18004myxbox to get the warranty (instead of mailing that paper) that they are only being offered 60 for 2 years.

I have 2 stupid questions.
1. If all i have is the silver xbl can i still download demos and the xbla games?
2. Anyone know how much the gamestop warrenty is on a prememuim (sp?) 360?

[quote name='mcgavin27']I have 2 stupid questions.
1. If all i have is the silver xbl can i still download demos and the xbla games?
2. Anyone know how much the gamestop warrenty is on a prememuim 360?[/quote]

1. Yes
2. ? I guess you could call them.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I have 2 stupid questions.
2. Anyone know how much the gamestop warrenty is on a prememuim 360?[/quote]

1. Yes, but you should get GOLD, it's a lot more fun.
2. I would imagine it being the same as anywhere else, but I also wouldn't be surprised if theirs is higher priced.

Thanks alot for all the information. I am considering gettin a 360 (dunno when), and had a few things I wanted cleared up..and this helped :)

I do have a question though..and hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off, lol
I have Wi-Fi in my house--if I buy the Premium bundle.. it comes with everything I need to set it up?
Like.. all I would have to do is "search an access point" (basically going by how I go online with my DS)

If anyone could clear that up for me.. I'd really appreciate it :) sorry if it's a noob question!

[quote name='lilboo']Thanks alot for all the information. I am considering gettin a 360 (dunno when), and had a few things I wanted cleared up..and this helped :)

I do have a question though..and hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off, lol
I have Wi-Fi in my house--if I buy the Premium bundle.. it comes with everything I need to set it up?
Like.. all I would have to do is "search an access point" (basically going by how I go online with my DS)

If anyone could clear that up for me.. I'd really appreciate it :) sorry if it's a noob question![/QUOTE]

Well you gotta buy the Wi-Fi adapter too.

*still new to 360*

Adapter for.. the 360 you mean? How much are they?? I thought it came with something, but I guess not. Hmm..

but there are cheaper alternatives. I may be pulling shit out of my ass but I think you can bridge another wireless router connected to the 360. Or something like that, you should make a topic for it so more knowledgeble (sp?) people could help you.

another stupid question: if i get the $400 bundle thing, i know the cables can be used to hook up and get a hd picture on hd tv's. can i use the same cords on my normal non-hd tv (i don't want to achieve the hd picture)?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']yea, it comes with A/V and component cables in one wire (just got mine last night)[/quote]
ok thanks especially for the quick response.

[quote name='orntar']if i delete an arcade game that i have purchased, can i redownload it?

uno wont let me get an update.[/quote]
You should be able to. Live arcade games that you've already paid for are tied to your gamertag account. So you can redownload if you deleted them for whatever reason.

Here's a question: Are original Xbox games live aware? Meaning if I push the guide button, will the guide come up, can I still send messages to friends, that sort of shit?

[quote name='Roufuss']Here's a question: Are original Xbox games live aware? Meaning if I push the guide button, will the guide come up, can I still send messages to friends, that sort of shit?[/quote]

Sadly, no. The :360: button is disabled when playing BC games. Sending messages to friends on BC games is the same way as if you were playing on your regular XBOX.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sadly, no. The :360: button is disabled when playing BC games. Sending messages to friends on BC games is the same way as if you were playing on your regular XBOX.[/QUOTE]

Lame, but I guess I'll live.

While you're online, do you know what games they are working on being BC? I remember alot of posts saying they were going to outright stop, but cmon, they got Doom 3 BC but no Resurrection of Evil?? If they make one last update and at least do that game I can live.

Is BC pretty stable for the games they do have available?

Is this true also?

Every original Xbox game will be upscaled to 720p and 1080i, and will take advantage of Xbox 360’s anti-aliasing capabilities, delivering a picture that is clearer and crisper than anything available on Xbox.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is BC pretty stable for the games they do have available?[/quote]

I'd say that would depend on what type of game you're playing. If it's a game like Halo that I take seriously and don't want to lose in, I play it on my original Xbox. The emulation isn't perfect and some shit doesn't run right. It felt like I was getting fucked over when I know I wasn't supposed to be. If it's a game like San Andreas, I wouldn't care. Of course every game could be different as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is this true also?[/quote]

Yeah. While it doesn't play the same, Halo definitely looks clearer and more vibrant, even on my SDTV.

Bought my 360 last monday. Wow I didn't remember the console fan being this loud. I guess I could just not be use to it yet. I would describe it as louder the a PC, sound about normal? I have the console on top of my entertainment system in a completely open space. I read the cooling device for $19.99 cuts down overheating and the noise. Anybody recommend it?

[quote name='kjauburn']Bought my 360 last monday. Wow I didn't remember the console fan being this loud. I guess I could just not be use to it yet. I would describe it as louder the a PC, sound about normal? I have the console on top of my entertainment system in a completely open space. I read the cooling device for $19.99 cuts down overheating and the noise. Anybody recommend it?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know the same... I'm worrying about overheating...

oh and as for noise... it's nothing as loud as a Dreamcast.

As long as it's in an open area you should be fine... mine is on top of my entertainment center, nothing but open space all around it, I can't even hear the fan most of the time.

It does get a little hot after extended playtimes but it's not "burn my hand if I touch it" hot.

[quote name='Roufuss']As long as it's in an open area you should be fine... mine is on top of my entertainment center, nothing but open space all around it, I can't even hear the fan most of the time.

It does get a little hot after extended playtimes but it's not "burn my hand if I touch it" hot.[/QUOTE]

Mkay, I have mine setup somewhat like that except to the side of my TV on my dresser. If it's not too bad of a problem I guess it's not horrible. It heats up a bit, but nothing that can burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back