Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Target only had 4 red and 4 blue.  Fry's had 2 blue and 4 red on the sales floor.  I'm a sucker for limited edition consoles so I bought 1 of each at Target after being able to get a very YMMV price match to the Fry's ad.  

Really? I was expecting something embarrassing but I'm not sure what to say about that.
No. I was picking up some kicks for Shopkick by scanning things. That Target is near a Sears I went to visit.

I told you not to ask because it would take this long to explain it.

No. I was picking up some kicks for Shopkick by scanning things. That Target is near a Sears I went to visit.

I told you not to ask because it would take this long to explain it.
Well you could have just said that in the first place and I would have gone "oh that makes sense".

Was 216$ for me thanks to Ohio's high ass taxes
Mine came out to be $218 :/

Can you not figure out tax? It should be anywhere from $200-$220... because it obviously varies by state.
I don't by consoles often and don't usually remember what the tax is for CA and it just slipped my mind so no need to be rude.

I might also advise looking into some sort of shell for the 3DS XL. My kids have the Hori Duraflexi on their Pikachu 3DS's and they protect from scratches yet still allow you to see the design of the DS (in this case Pikachu). They run about $15 on amazon and come in Blue and Red and are transparent.
I'm not sure if you have it or not but does this case in particular be used on the circle pad pro xl without needing to take off the case? and does it make it feel more bulky?

WXmzDZz.jpg

q42SVoD.jpg

The gloss is really nice, it doesn't collect fingerprints like the vita at all. Only negative for me is that the hinges seem to be looser on the xy 3DS then on my black 3DS.

I got my red 3ds XL :D

The store had one blue and two or three red ones I forgot well now one or two red ones.

The screen protectors should come soon.

Anyone here getting this to actually play on or just as collectable?

For anyone who wanted to know the back has the three starters on it.

I got my red 3ds XL :D

The store had one blue and two or three red ones I forgot well now one or two red ones.

The screen protectors should come soon.

Anyone here getting this to actually play on or just as collectable?

For anyone who wanted to know the back has the three starters on it.
I bought mine to play. Already an adult in loz oot

Cool! I plan to play it only have small 3ds blue kind. :) Been playing monster hunter 3ultimate. Zelda OOT is fun.

The bestbuy only had two zelda systems out.

I can't wait for pokemon xy comes out! Come on October!

just did the transfer from my old 3DS XL to my new Xy edition, and I now get a static cracking noise from the speakers on some of my downloaded games, sounds like the speaker is going in and out.  If I shut the 3DS cover and then re open the sound goes back to normal.  Has anyone else had any problems like this?  Googling could not give me a clear response.

just did the transfer from my old 3DS XL to my new Xy edition, and I now get a static cracking noise from the speakers on some of my downloaded games, sounds like the speaker is going in and out. If I shut the 3DS cover and then re open the sound goes back to normal. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Googling could not give me a clear response.
It's a magnetism issue. The speakers are more magnetic than they should be. Contact Nintendo about that because it also can affect the top screen.

That makes sense because of the flux, but I really wouldn't want to keep a defective unit. I don't know if I should pick up my red one now. Is anyone else having this problem? Nintendo admitting that it's a design problem worries me.

That makes sense because of the flux, but I really wouldn't want to keep a defective unit. I don't know if I should pick up my red one now. Is anyone else having this problem? Nintendo admitting that it's a design problem worries me.
I didn't tell them which XL I had so I'm assuming they meant for all models, so I wouldn't worry about it being the XY model only.

These were produced a bit more than the Pikachu XL but I'm glad they were. It gives people who actually wanted the system the chance to own it. Unlike the people who flipped the Pikachu system. Theses XL's are limited as well, and will be gone by next week. I got mines (red) and my friend got his blue. I'm happy.
yea pikachu XL was a nightmare.. I waited in line for 30minutes before opening and that was the only possible way to get one around me and it was freaking PIKACHU. Everyone loves pickahu. I'm glad they didn't reprint it but nintendo dropped the ball on that one

Does anyone have the official charging cradle?  I like the one that came with 3DS.  Wondering if it's about the same quality.

mine has one small dead pixel you can't really noticed.

So what I would do is check your 3DS once you get it and hopefully be able to exchange for a new one there.
It's GameStop. I don't think they do that there.

I'm really considering just cancelling and getting my $160-something back so that I can spend it on other things like my Etrian Odyssey LE. The original 3DS is awesome and I have no issue with it. I just wanted a new 3DS since I bought mine used from a pawn shop. What kind of a man pawns his daughter's 3DS?

yea but you probably live in a better location that deserves the 9% tax but ohio has no reason to have 8% tax it's so lame.
I don't think I deserve 9% tax because of what other people in my state have done before me. Just take your tax and stop bitching.

I'm really considering just cancelling and getting my $160-something back so that I can spend it on other things like my Etrian Odyssey LE. The original 3DS is awesome and I have no issue with it. I just wanted a new 3DS since I bought mine used from a pawn shop. What kind of a man pawns his daughter's 3DS?

I don't think I deserve 9% tax because of what other people in my state have done before me. Just take your tax and stop bitching.
Um what? It has nothing to do with what people in ur state has done before it's how much of a demand there is to live in your location now. Ohio has zero demand so it doesn't deserve a rate almost as high as California

I mean if you're happy with your regular 3DS then just do that. All though I thought it was no point upgrading to an XL but man I regret not doing this sooner to be honest. It just feels better and these Pokemon X/Y 3DS' look really nice in person.

I'm in the Chicago area (which also has TERRIBLE taxes at 9% I believe), so I feel your pain on the purchases. I usually try to buy big items through Amazon or Newegg to avoid paying the extra money, but doesn't always work that way. Oh well.

Sweet, was able to get BB to price match Frys over the phone for an instore pick-up. Would have normally waited until BF to pick up an XL, but I can't imagine the deals on BF will include this LE system for $20 off (I have been wrong before, but I just have a feeling Nintendo will offer a digital pack in with the standard XLs rather than a $20 discount and this edition may be long gone from store shelves).

I want one but I keep talking myself out of buying one. Already have a 3Ds, but it hurts to play sometimes because it's small even for regular size hands IMO. It's mainly I don't want to buy one because it's just a bigger version of something I already have

Some dude posted a review on Gamestop.com saying the red edition feels cheaper than the normal XLs ... since I just ordered one (=-p) are there any thoughts from fellow CAGs who have already opened their new red (or blue) XLs?

This is coming from someone who owned a red 3ds and sold it earlier this year to eventually upgrade to an XL, so I'm familiar with glossy systems (since these are evidently non-matte XLs, which seems to be only a special edition thing). Any reason not to tear open the packaging when I get this sucker home? ;-)

Some dude posted a review on Gamestop.com saying the red edition feels cheaper than the normal XLs ... since I just ordered one (=-p) are there any thoughts from fellow CAGs who have already opened their new red (or blue) XLs?

This is coming from someone who owned a red 3ds and sold it earlier this year to eventually upgrade to an XL, so I'm familiar with glossy systems (since these are evidently non-matte XLs, which seems to be only a special edition thing). Any reason not to tear open the packaging when I get this sucker home? ;-)
I own a black 3DS XL and now the red XY XL, and the XY feels just as solid as the black 3DS XL.

I own a black 3DS XL and now the red XY XL, and the XY feels just as solid as the black 3DS XL.
Cool, thanks for the info! Kind of figured it was just some dude being melodramatic but you never know for sure .. until you talk to a CAG.

-Edit- Just picked up my order and some dude had pre-ordered 4 of the blue XLs ... what an ass. I get maybe buying an extra one to resell, but screw these dudes buying out the entire stock ... we're onto you 'Wang' in San Jose =-p

Cool, thanks for the info! Kind of figured it was just some dude being melodramatic but you never know for sure .. until you talk to a CAG.

-Edit- Just picked up my order and some dude had pre-ordered 4 of the blue XLs ... what an ass. I get maybe buying an extra one to resell, but screw these dudes buying out the entire stock ... we're onto you 'Wang' in San Jose =-p
Well these are not hard to find at all. Whoever wants one probably has it or will buy it soon. Who cares how many he buys.

Either way, I was able to pick up both and they look amazing. Glad I waited to get a color scheme I really like. The others 3ds xl colofs weren't doing it for me.

I saw 3 Blue & 3 Red X & Y Pokemon 3DS XL today at local target.  I should buy them all & sell them later, lol  I passed on the deal.  If anyone here live in Liberty Target, Missouri.  you better hurry or it'll be gone by tomorrow ;)

Went to several BB and GS.  I only noticed 2 each at one BB and 2/6 (B/R) at another.  I didn't check gaming sections at other BBs and didn't see any 3ds out in the open at GSs. 

I'm hanging onto it for a little longer. I'm sure eBay will get flooded just before the games come out but that's also going to be the prime time to list it.
They already are selling for more than retail. For anyone who managed to pm frys at BB (get the $20 off the price instead of the giftcard frys lists, extremely ymmv but a few ppl got it like me :) ) the price is pretty unbeatable. It has been out like a DAY, calm down and be patient.

Anyone think Nintendo will announce a bundle for the new Zelda game? This release seems too early to be a solid Black Friday bundle, so it seems like Nintendo might have another bundle up their sleeve. I think I have 45 days at Best Buy, so if I can be patient, I might be able to hold out and know for sure before BF.

Anyone think Nintendo will announce a bundle for the new Zelda game? This release seems too early to be a solid Black Friday bundle, so it seems like Nintendo might have another bundle up their sleeve. I think I have 45 days at Best Buy, so if I can be patient, I might be able to hold out and know for sure before BF.
I posted it in the Club Nintendo thread since we were kind of on the topic of Nintendo reps. It's extremely rumor and I was a third party to it but they gave a pretty strong indication that something Zelda themed and 3DS is coming very soon. Considering the portable systems have always been BF exclusives that seems like a pretty good indication. Again, this is rumor at best.

If we are going by last year, Nintendo didn't unveil the holiday Mario Kart and Blue 3DS XL Bundle until the first week of December.

If we are going by last year, Nintendo didn't unveil the holiday Mario Kart and Blue 3DS XL Bundle until the first week of December.
True and they could do that again but I think they've always done Zelda on BF, but correct me if I'm wrong.

bread's done
Back