Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
SHE DID ITTTT I got the Red for In store pick up for $179.99 (she adjusted the price down by $20) she had said we cannot price match free items after I seeing how it was the same price but just with a gift card, I asked if she would be able to adjust it down by $20 instead then, and she checked with a supervisor and said yes! WOOT! Now before you get jealous... keep in mind this means I am now going to be spending money on 3DS games that I will backlog, AND I stayed up till like 5 am debating whether to buy one or not... All to save $20...
Meanwhile, i just walk into fred meyers after working til 8am and buy one, so i can finnaly start my 10 game deep 3ds backlog of pawnshop finds.

Hahaha... I just looked at the eBay listings for these for the very first time. $400? $500? $1,100 for both? People are fucking retarded. This is by far the least limited of the LE 3DS XL systems (I mean Kmart is getting it).

I got BBY.com to PM it for me with in-store pick-up in the next state over for tax free! Picked up one of each. 359.98 total.

You can try your luck with BBY CS, but it's definitely YMMV. I had to do some hardcore convincing there.

I got BBY.com to PM it for me with in-store pick-up in the next state over for tax free! Picked up one of each. 359.98 total.

You can try your luck with BBY CS, but it's definitely YMMV. I had to do some hardcore convincing there.
I hope the $20 you saved on tax is worth the gas (might have been a bit more depending on the rate) but good job! Anyone wanting to give it a shot just call 1-888-bestbuy which is 1-888-237-8289, go to sales and product information, ask to pricematch fys.com, and direct them to the first page of the weekly add, on the bottom left side. They won't pricematch the giftcard, because it is a free item, but ask them if they could take the $20 off the item instead. If they aren't sure or give you trouble on it, ask them to "please" ask a supervisor. Politeness goes a LONG way, also having the item SKU helps them out a good deal, that way they don't have to search around.

Just a heads up, it seems the red one might be SLIGHTLY rarer. OOS for shipping at BB (only available for in store pickup).

Hahaha... I just looked at the eBay listings for these for the very first time. $400? $500? $1,100 for both? People are fucking retarded. This is by far the least limited of the LE 3DS XL systems (I mean Kmart is getting it).
If it's free insertion why not? People are uninformed and you never know if someone will buy it.

Walked right into my local GS without pre-ordering, asked if they had the systems and the guy said he had 2 extras of Red and Blue. So I bought one Red. I don't think these are going to be as rare as the Pikachu edition, which was practically sold out everywhere within a day.

I picked up a red one around noon from Target because of the 5% off with Red Card.  They had four red and four blue.  The guy said I was the first to ask for it.

Picked up my pre-ordered Red one this morning at Best Buy. I checked in the back and they had two extra Red and two extra Blue in stock. I decided to pick up a Blue one too to give to my sister as a birthday gift. I went over to Target as well and they only received one Red and one Blue for the store. I checked Gamestop after and they got a bunch for people who pre-ordered it with very few left for those who didn't.

So excited to start playing mine later!

walmarts in my area did not receive any stock of these systems. it looks like you have to order to store or have it shipped to you get it from walmart. also i went to 2 kmarts, one of the stores recieved one blue and one red, the other kmart just got one red..

wquOUw5.jpg

not sure if I want to open yet.

ordered the red one with in store pickup, picking up today.
Same here but did it a few hours later than you did. Closer store was "unavailable" but the one near my house had red and blue and got my confirmation for pickup just after 10am store opening. I'll grab it on my way home. I'll probably try the Frys PM but I won't hold my breath on it.

Quick update: called twice. First said no, then next guy said we'd do a $10 credit to meet in the middle (PM Frys.com). I said ok, better than nothing.

Just got mine at GS, and ran by Best Buy to buy a Vita screen protector to use on it for now.

They had a huge pyramid of them at GS (Like 15 units), but the majority of them seemed to be blue. Havent opened it yet, since I'm too lazy to put the screen protector on it now. But the guy at the store had one opened already, and damn that gloss looked amazing.

Grabbed a red one for in store pick up. Hopefully I don't regret this. I guess if I decide I don't want it I can probably eventually just sell it and get my money back.

Definitely not gonna redeem my CN code this time, just incase they do another "Buy an XL and a Game" promo
This didn't even come to mind until now, I was honestly going to enter my code once I picked it up. Hopefully they do one soon because aren't those promo's time exclusive?

Also when does the new cycle start for 2014?

This didn't even come to mind until now, I was honestly going to enter my code once I picked it up. Hopefully they do one soon because aren't those promo's time exclusive?

Also when does the new cycle start for 2014?

This current "cycle" ends June 30th 2014, then July 1st 2014 is the start of a new cycle.

my target had 10 of them (in the case, maybe they had more in the back), an employee at bestbuy told me they had 20 of them in the back.

the store inventory checker says every target/bestbuy has them in stock around me.

my target had 10 of them (in the case, maybe they had more in the back), an employee at bestbuy told me they had 20 of them in the back.

the store inventory checker says every target/bestbuy has them in stock around me.
That's a pretty large amount for something that people are buying for speculation/flipping purposes.

They also had plenty of both colors at my Frys as well at Best Buy and Target.  Probably around 10 or so of each color that I could personally see.  I wonder how "Limited" these systems are.

Got  my blue one and am doing the system transfer! My Gamestop barely had any preorders (4 maybe?) and they said they got like 40, no idea how reliable that is, I was semi-tempted to switch to red but I think I'll be happier with blue.

That's a pretty large amount for something that people are buying for speculation/flipping purposes.
Yeah but really, this is the best limited edition XL we have seen stateside (the only other being the Animal Crossing, which was nice, but still not that "cool"). So yeah this won't sell out instantly, the Pikachu 3DS was on sale for like $160 or so launch day, and that still was available some places up to a week in some examples. Also yes they DID make more because of X and Y and they wan't enough for many people to buy. Given some time, it WILL sell out eventually, and it may start to rise in price. But if you get lucky and manage to pm fry's (or get it AT frys) for $180+tax, that is a fantastic deal.

Just a heads up, it seems the red one might be SLIGHTLY rarer. OOS for shipping at BB (only available for in store pickup).
I checked around a few stores (Kmart, Best Buy, GameStop) in my area and it seems to be right. Kmart is out of the red(employee told me they had 3 in the morning) but still have a few blue ones. GameStop is holding the only red ones they have for reserves. When I went to pick up my red one that I reserved at Best Buy they didn't have any on the shelves besides the blue ones. I must say the red one looks much nicer in person than the stock photo online.

For what it's worth all the stores I stopped at tonight (three GS, two BBY and a Target) all said they only got enough to cover their pre-orders.

sooo I feel like these will be long gone by the time oct 12th comes and the casual pokefans come looking for it. The question now is will nintendo restock?

sooo I feel like these will be long gone by the time oct 12th comes and the casual pokefans come looking for it. The question now is will nintendo restock?
I would guess no as I don't believe they everr have with any other recent limited system.

Nintendo doesnt restock because American Retailers hate having multiple SKUs, thats why when we do see these limited edition ones, they are limited to the point that they are guaranteed to sell out so they can remove them all from the shelve. Retailers dont like have these limited edition ones sitting on there shelves for months, thats why they are made in such a small amount.

Compared to Japan, they have color after color after color while the US usually limits it to a few colors only. 

These were produced a bit more than the Pikachu XL but I'm glad they were. It gives people who actually wanted the system the chance to own it. Unlike the people who flipped the Pikachu system. Theses XL's are limited as well, and will be gone by next week. I got mines (red) and my friend got his blue. I'm happy.

bread's done
Back