Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

It is pretty cool to walk around with the pokemon. First time I saw Ho-Oh following behind me I had to smile. Hopefully they add it back in, if not in black & white, then at least in the 3rd game's release.

The 3rd game's going to likely be a 3DS game, so there would be a lot of room for expansion. I think that the 3rd game could be called Pokemon Rainbow, and have Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh added to the game. And then not long after that they release Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

I wish they'd let you store items in the PC again. I hate having all these junk items in my bag and having to go thru all of them to get to the one i just picked up that i want to use.

[quote name='icedrake523']I wish they'd let you store items in the PC again. I hate having all these junk items in my bag and having to go thru all of them to get to the one i just picked up that i want to use.[/QUOTE]

And I don't sell items, so the junk items tend to build up.

I am not sure about the Rainbow name, especially since I know a lot of people that would argue that white and black are shades not colors.

I really hope they don't get rid of the following pokemon, why get rid of something that people like. Then again they didn't keep it after yellow, so I really don't know if I trust them about keeping it.

Im really hoping for Hoenn to get the Silver and Gold treatment.....I dont want another full game for it, but a "3 years later" thing would be wicked cool

How would you guys feel about starting our own CAG pokemon League with Gyms and Elite four. We CAGs would be gym leaders and people would battle you to win gym badges and prizes of the gym leaders choices.

What do you guys think?
I would host.

[quote name='adriley313']How would you guys feel about starting our own CAG pokemon League with Gyms and Elite four. We CAGs would be gym leaders and people would battle you to win gym badges and prizes of the gym leaders choices.

What do you guys think?
I would host.[/QUOTE]
Ive thought this through before. However, there are two things I dislike.

1) Prizes should only be given out when one wins the league. You can't demand 12 people give prizes per victory or else all the prizes would suck

2) Serebii is one of the only places who could ever pull this off. It took me 2 weeks to find eight people to compete in a tournament on CAG.

From pokebeach:

"TV Tokyo's description for May 16th's Pokemon Sunday episode states that the show will be announcing special fifth generation news: "Pokemon Black and White's three starters, shocking battle scenes, and more will be revealed to the public!" The episode's title is "New Pokemon Game and Movie Scoop Back-to-Back Special!" Thanks goes to Bangiras for these translations.
This week, the show is going to reveal at least one new Pokemon. They may just flat-out show us a new Pokemon or they could tease us with the silhouettes of the three starters (being the new Pokemon they promised) and then reveal them in full on next week's episode. Either way, CoroCoro's May 15th issue will have the same content as the show's two upcoming episodes. Since scans of the magazine will probably be leaked on the Internet around the 10th, we'll more than likely have the artwork of the starter Pokemon and everything else before next week's episode.
Tune in to PokeBeach on Saturday around 4:00 PM (California time). We'll be watching the episode like a hawk and will upload the new Pokemon / silhouettes a few seconds after they are revealed!"

[quote name='adriley313']How would you guys feel about starting our own CAG pokemon League with Gyms and Elite four. We CAGs would be gym leaders and people would battle you to win gym badges and prizes of the gym leaders choices.

What do you guys think?
I would host.[/QUOTE]

I'm in. I call Brock. Ain't nothing getting past my Geodude. And if they do... fucking Onix in the house!

They revealed silhouettes of the starters

bwshadows.png

My guess is Grass-Fire-Water

Last edited by a moderator:
If the last one is a bear, I know what Im picking!

Otherwise, the bottom left one is pretty sweet too. Like gen 4, supposed grass type is looking meh

I think the pig is the fire type. You'll need charcoal to evolve it into a barbecue pig.

The last one has a tail like a beaver or otter, so it has to be the water type starter. And since the one on the left has a leaf tail(possible fire tail) I'm saying it's a beaked dinosaur.

I definitely agree that the right one is the water type. However, I can't decide which is which between the other two. The left one certainly looks like a grass type, but then that would make the middle one a fire pig, and that just seems too darn crazy! :whee:

The starters look ok I like the grass one and the water one the most can't wait to see their evolutions..

The main characters look good my favorite is the male.

Not particularly fond of any of them, but the only form that really matters is the final form. Fire pig has me interested though lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the water starter is a relative of Mr. Mime. It's probably Water/Psychic, The pig looks like it's Fire/Dark, and I guess that means the Grass starter is Grass/Fighting.

The Water type doesn't look like Water/Psychic.

I'd like to see Grass/Steel (Grass has the most weaknesses, Steel the most resistances), Fire/Dragon (we're long overdue) and Water/Ghost (the only type that hasn't been paired with Water).

[quote name='icedrake523']The Water type doesn't look like Water/Psychic.

I'd like to see Grass/Steel (Grass has the most weaknesses, Steel the most resistances), Fire/Dragon (we're long overdue) and Water/Ghost (the only type that hasn't been paired with Water).[/QUOTE]

I would like to see a creative water/ghost pokemon. Honestly the Mijumaru looks like if a Snowman and a Piplup had a kid thats what you would get.

These starters are just getting worse and worse. Ugh. At least the main characters look great, I like that they are supposedly older.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']These starters are just getting worse and worse. Ugh. At least the main characters look great, I like that they are supposedly older.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, none of the starters are very appealing I hope that their evolutions could save them.

Not sure if that is a good or bad thing that they are older, now You are going to be the creepy older training going around battling children.

Lol, well maybe they will have older trainers in the game as well. Being that I'm 20, going to be 21 this month, playing a young teen in a game can be a little annoying sometimes.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Lol, well maybe they will have older trainers in the game as well. Being that I'm 20, going to be 21 this month, playing a young teen in a game can be a little annoying sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Well it does take place in another region so could be children free region! Then again it will most likely be symbolic of xbox live and have a bunch of little kids running rampant all over the area.

I was pretty disapointed by the starter reveal. The only one that catches my interest immediately is the fire pig. The grass one, maybe. The blue one looks like a squished squirrel to me.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']These starters are just getting worse and worse. Ugh. At least the main characters look great, I like that they are supposedly older.[/QUOTE]

I think they've been getting better since GSC which had the worst starters. The starters in DPPt were lame in their basic forms but their evolutions, especially final evolutions, were good.

I actually thought GSC had some of the best, I like the simplicity of them. I don't think the new starters are terrible, I'm just not impressed by what we were shown. Perhaps time will tell, and I'll eventually like them but even to this day I still hate the DPPlt starters.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I actually thought GSC had some of the best, I like the simplicity of them. I don't think the new starters are terrible, I'm just not impressed by what we were shown. Perhaps time will tell, and I'll eventually like them but even to this day I still hate the DPPlt starters.[/QUOTE]

DPPlt had the best starters from a useful standpoint. GSC was the worst.

Yeah. Typhlosion has a poor movepool. Meganium's is awful. Feraligatr is a cheaper Gyarados.

Infernape is awesome. Empoloeon is a great defensive type. Torterra is alright.

[quote name='icedrake523']
Infernape is awesome. Empoloeon is a great defensive type. Torterra is alright.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why I find it so funny but I do.

With this recent update I'm more interested in this game I think I'll definitely import either black or what depends on what poke'mon are in each game.

That video was surprisingly informative.

I haven't liked any of the new Pokes they've revealed so far, so if B/W was just Diamond and Pearl with them instead, I would've lost interest. I think/hope they realize that since Gen IV is the culmination of everything (gameplaywise) from Gen I forward, they need to do something different.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Will release in NA Spring 2011, and the legendary pokemon were announced.

news_top_vg_blackwhite.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What the hell are those things Birds? Foxes? some kind of Dinosaurs? And what is wrong with their tails? For being legendary, they fall short in my opinion.

I like the legendaries to be honest. Different approach by far, but at least
It's not a white man vs a black man
(For anyone who read the spoiler, I do apologize, I just had to.)

bread's done
Back