Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

Just picked up White 2 today. I'm trying to use Pokemon that I've never used before. Snivy is neat. I'm hating Azuril. Riolu is... Interesting. I'm definitely considering dropping Azuril for something else. Any suggestions?

For those interested, I found this on Serebii.net:

[quote name='http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml']

In The Games Department
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Global Link Gothorita

For those of you with the international Black 2 & White 2 games, the Gothorita promotion is live today at 13:00 from all sources. Coming from the Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 National Pokédex Strategy Guide, this promotion gives Gothorita, the Psychic-type Pokémon. It has its special Hidden Ability of Shadow Tag and is male so cannot be bred. This Pokémon is obtained with the password: PGLPK15G. It runs until July 25th 2013 so be sure to get it and purchase the guide
[/quote]

New Wifi event time! Heads up for those who didn't pick up Keldeo when Gamestop was giving it away a few months back.

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - WiFi Event

For those of you with the non-Japanese Black 2 & White 2 games, the Keldeo event revealed on Tuesday is now live. This event gives a special Level 50 Keldeo to your games with the special moves of Sacred Sword, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet and Swords Dance. This event lasts until February 12th so be sure to get it.

New Event coming in March:

In The Games Department
Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 - Meloetta Event

With thanks to all of you for sending this in, we now have details of the Meloetta event in North America. This event will be distributed via Gamestop stores across North America from March 4th to March 24th for all Generation V games. It's currently unknown if this event will match the Japanese one in level and moves but we'll bring details as soon as we can.

Credit goes to Serebii

This is a super basic question, but do captured Pokemon still learn new attacks if they're not active but still gain XP in the battle? For example, I use one Pokemon to begin the match and then switch him out to another one, which kills the enemy. If the first Pokemon gains XP and gains a level, can he still learn an ability or does it have to be the one active in battle?

The reason I ask is because my the Pokemon I started out with is learning new abilities every five levels or so but new ones that I've captured aren't learning anything. One I caught doesn't even have any offensive skills, is that just a worthless Pokemon?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is a super basic question, but do captured Pokemon still learn new attacks if they're not active but still gain XP in the battle? For example, I use one Pokemon to begin the match and then switch him out to another one, which kills the enemy. If the first Pokemon gains XP and gains a level, can he still learn an ability or does it have to be the one active in battle?

The reason I ask is because my the Pokemon I started out with is learning new abilities every five levels or so but new ones that I've captured aren't learning anything. One I caught doesn't even have any offensive skills, is that just a worthless Pokemon?[/QUOTE]

they can still learn ability. Check serebii to see what level they learn a move

[quote name='62t']they can still learn ability. Check serebii to see what level they learn a move[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. If it's not obvious enough, this is my first Pokemon game and I'm actually playing HeartGold.

Random question slightly OT: How difficult is it to use the wifi to trade for the starters? Last Pokemon games I played I knew people that had them so we just re-started the game a few times enough to get both of us full starter sets. Never used the wifi trading etc.

It depends, especially when most of the offers are for outrageous things like Lv100 Pikachus or something. You'll have to do a little digging to fine a good one, though I haven't Wifi traded in years. My last trade on the connection was for a Japanese Snivy.

Random question slightly OT: How difficult is it to use the wifi to trade for the starters? Last Pokemon games I played I knew people that had them so we just re-started the game a few times enough to get both of us full starter sets. Never used the wifi trading etc.
Not too difficult for that reigon's starters, but getting another reigon's starters is annoying because you can only search for Pokemon you have seen in-game.

bread's done
Back