Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='Redeema']There's a new promotion for a Pikachu themed C-gear, does anyone have codes? The site doesn't list where you can get them other than the Pokemon National/World Championships...[/QUOTE]

I think it's PikachuCGear

Not joking.

The code is entered on the Pokemon GL site under the Pikachu C-Gear tab on the left. The Munna C-Gear code was on the last page, not sure if that still works or not, I didn't try it.

Edit: georox - I thought you were correcting me, I did a search and found that the code is indeed: PikachuCGear

Thanks and I'll do this when I get home. I didn't search earlier because I was in a rush to run off to work after playing in the Dream World.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have no idea how this works. I put in the password and then it tells me to put a pokemon to sleep then go to the global link and hit customize. Where is this customize at? I'm not even entirely sure if they're talking about the website or the game.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and didn't notice the giant button that said "customize"

[quote name='Redeema']
Edit: georox - I thought you were correcting me, I did a search and found that the code is indeed: PikachuCGear
[/QUOTE]

I added the seriously for a reason. Dumbest code they've used yet.

All C-Gear Codes!

2011 Worlds C-Gear
cgear_inline.png

Code: WorldsCGear

Earful Audino
Code: YAHOOAUDINO

Poison Jab Crogunk
Code: NPCGEAR

Twinkle★Minccino
Code: PGLWELCOME

Aim For The Top (Pikachu)
Code: PikachuCGear

Meadow Muna
Code: PGLDR34M

It bothers me that the only way to change skins is by connecting to the dreamworld. I imagine someday the website will be taken down and you won't be able to change skins anymore.

Its not that big a deal for myself, since I really like the championship C gear and have no intention of changing it, but I can understand for those that like to swap it up now and again.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It bothers me that the only way to change skins is by connecting to the dreamworld. I imagine someday the website will be taken down and you won't be able to change skins anymore.[/QUOTE]

You'll be happy you even HAVE a C-Gear when some of us remember only 151 Pokemon!

I realize this says Black and White, but im guessing this is like any other thread and just changes to new releases

how can one trade pokemon on wifi thru SoulSilver?

if someone is willing or to teach me or even trade some rare pokemon back and forth (meaning I will return them, and if I dont you can bash my GREAT trade feedback, aka meaning I will return them)

please PM me

[quote name='utopianmachine']Surprising, but I'm pretty glad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah considering Kyreum or whatever its name is, is gray. But I agree if Game Freak does actually follow through and skip it, then good for them. Maybe they can do something even more interesting instead.

Seeing as they don't seem to be doing a Pokemon Gray, so to speak, I think I might actually start playing Black again. I sort of held off, thinking I would just get the definitive entry, the expected 3rd game. But as they're not doing that, well, the Pokemon itch is at me again.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Seeing as they don't seem to be doing a Pokemon Gray, so to speak, I think I might actually start playing Black again. I sort of held off, thinking I would just get the definitive entry, the expected 3rd game. But as they're not doing that, well, the Pokemon itch is at me again.[/QUOTE]
Not surprised, Pokemon is good for an infinite number of playthroughs.

I know I'm only like 5 hours into the game, but they sure don't go into any detail about getting to the Dream World. Google was a billion times more helpful than the game.

Game: "You can get to the Dream World now!"
Me: "Huh? What? How? Why?"
Game: "..."

Kinda bummed that there will not be a gre(a)y. Maybe that means a remake of Ruby/Sapphire is on the way. I'd like to restart Black or White, but I've pretty mastered the games (caught everything, my 6 all at 99, etc). They really should add more save slots to these games.

i think he meant no, not now.

Also i heard they may be called Raging Ruby and Storming/Serene Sapphire. So who knows.

I think they need to make a pokemon game in the style of DQM Joker. That would be some awesomeness right there. Take it to the next level

I'd buy a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I really liked that generation since the world was pretty big and varied. However, going back to play it is kinda tough just because they added so many more convenient things since.

[quote name='maigoyume']What? Where did you hear that there will be a grey version?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my apologies, I meant "not".

Raging Ruby and Storming (or Serene) Sapphire sound like great titles. I'd also like to see it encompass all trainers and gym leaders from all lands.

[quote name='utopianmachine']
funny-gifs-except-you.gif
[/QUOTE]

I was kinda mindblown at this scene at the time. So bad ass. After all these years, he's still my favorite. Looking forward to when Nintendo will bring over his download to the US. :)

Out of all the movies, the first is still my favorite. Mewtwo was so intense and is also my favorite.

Second favorite is probably that one with Lucario. I think I just like Psychic Pokemon and hearing their thoughts, rather than just hearing them running around squeaking.

On topic, I would kill for a 3D Pokemon game. No, not Colleseum stuff. A real game. The one we've all been wanting since Pokemon first emerged.

I think I've wasted like 10 Pokeballs trying to catch Sawk. It's nice to have a Pokemon that's challenging to catch so early in the game, but damn.

Sorry if it's been covered, but is that the (current) official word on Grey? Surprising, seeing as how every other gen got a 3rd game. Guess I'll go back to playing Black then. I held off on completing everything after the Elite 4 assuming I'd probably be picking up Grey and starting over anyway.

[quote name='utopianmachine']On topic, I would kill for a 3D Pokemon game. No, not Colleseum stuff. A real game. The one we've all been wanting since Pokemon first emerged.[/QUOTE]

fuck it, just give me a "3D" reskin. Top down view and everything else the same, but with 3D models. I really thought they'd do that with "Grey" since they already made the character models for Pokedex 3D. Maybe Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake will be 3d.

Nintendo has said a few times, and there's a link earlier in this thread, that they have no intention of making a third game for this set.

Once I learned that, I dived into my copy of Black. It's nice to know I don't need to hold out for the "definitive" edition.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Nintendo has said a few times, and there's a link earlier in this thread, that they have no intention of making a third game for this set.

Once I learned that, I dived into my copy of Black. It's nice to know I don't need to hold out for the "definitive" edition.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the last time they said that was before it was even released in America. Would be pretty stupid to confirm a superior version was on the way before it was released here, but we all know there's going to be a 3rd version. The 3ds needs the software support and Pokemon is a system seller.

Looks like Grey is happening:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1210117p1.html

A website has been set up for Pokemon Gray at pokemongray.com. The site has been registered by Melbourne IT Digital Brand Services.

Melbourne IT DBS also set up pokemonblackwhite.com, which is Nintendo of America's official site for the most recent Pokemon games.

Each new Pokemon game launches with two separate versions, such as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and is then followed with a third version, such as Pokemon Platinum. Considering Pokemon Black and White are the most recent Pokemon games, Pokemon Gray is a logical title for the third version.

We've reached out to Pokemon Company for comment and will update this story with any information we receive.

I don't know if I feel lied to or not. Regardless, I didn't finish Black, so I might pick this up anyway.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']

I don't know if I feel lied to or not. [/QUOTE]

I sure do.

Buuut I don't really care. I bought both Diamond and Black using reasonably good deals. I didn't feel like I missed much by skipping Platinum.

I think I've had enough Gen V for now until they reveal something interesting for the Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

That doesn't mean anything. Pokemonbrown.com is the exact same. They also have trademarks for DawnSilver and DuskGold that they've never used.

[quote name='icedrake523']That doesn't mean anything. Pokemonbrown.com is the exact same. They also have trademarks for DawnSilver and DuskGold that they've never used.[/QUOTE]

Actually yeah this is true. A domain or even a patent filing doesn't mean anything now that I think about it. Chrono Break comes to mind. I just had a knee-jerk reaction.

I'd totally buy Pokemon Brown by the way.:)

Anybody else played in the Autumn Friendly Tournament?

Ended up being rank 258 out of 10k which I guess is not so bad.

I'd rather vote for Arceus, considering I missed out on it because some jerk had to go ruin the event years ago.

I entered the tournament, fought about five or seven times, and lost half my battles using the same party that I used throughout the story.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I'd rather vote for Arceus, considering I missed out on it because some jerk had to go ruin the event years ago.

I entered the tournament, fought about five or seven times, and lost half my battles using the same party that I used throughout the story.[/QUOTE]

Mhm, Arceus is great and all, but there have been multiple events for the guy and it's pretty easy to pick one up for free (or something small like a starter or fossil poke) on websites like Gamefaq. Aside from that, Arceus doesn't have a unique dreamworld ability.

While there's no possible way to get a Ditto with this ability so far.

*_* I mean, just think about it, somebody setsup two sword dances on their sweeper. You switch in Ditto, and TADA, you already have all the stat mods from the sword dances and you automatically transform, completely skipping your first move.

Ho-oh and Lugia both have pretty awesome Dreamworld abilities though. Wouldn't mind seeing those.

bread's done
Back