Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

I picked up my copy today (but it wasn't early, came out today here in Denmark), of course I would rather wait if I could get the US prices. I got it at a place that had it 25% off, but still was around $56 US.

Got the white one and so far it is good, scandinavian version of course, one this is that it has a booklet inside it telling all about how to get Victini, but haven't got mine yet since I use WPA2 at home and I only have a DS Lite.

So far is good though, but for graphics and stuff I am not seeing a huge gain or difference from the last one I got (Platinum).

Other thing to note, but of course this is pretty normal here, is that even though the guide/instructions are only released here in Finnish/Swedish the game is full English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh.. that must really be awkward. Anyways, just a tip for when you start out, always talk to the NPCs at everytown. Each city has an NPC that'll help you out greatly before a GYM match too. Once you reach the first city, go right fully and you'll come across an NPC who'll give you an elemental monkey pokemon that has a typing strong against what your starter is weak against.

The following ones hand out TMs, held items, elemental stones, and so forth.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Once you reach the first city, go right fully and you'll come across an NPC who'll give you an elemental monkey pokemon that has a typing strong against what your starter is weak against.[/QUOTE]

So if you choose Water, you get Fire?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Eh.. that must really be awkward. Anyways, just a tip for when you start out, always talk to the NPCs at everytown. Each city has an NPC that'll help you out greatly before a GYM match too. Once you reach the first city, go right fully and you'll come across an NPC who'll give you an elemental monkey pokemon that has a typing strong against what your starter is weak against.

The following ones hand out TMs, held items, elemental stones, and so forth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, just got the first badge, I'm enjoying it but so far only came across 3 types of wild pokemon, can't wait for more to catch.

[quote name='Josh5890']I don't think I've ever seen an IGN review with parts blocked out lol[/QUOTE]

I read the article on my phone at first and I had to refresh to page a few times because I thought the browser was acting up. :whistle2:#

I'm staying away from reviews...and likely this thread soon. I'm really excited about all the new Pokemon and would like things to be as much a surprise to me as possible. Considering I probably won't get the game for a few weeks, I'll just have to be patient and know the review basically says, "Pokemon Black/White are awesome. If you love teh Pokemon, you'll love this game." :D

I'm not sure if I should go to Nintendo World today for the event. I like free concerts, but I get this nagging feeling that I should take care of some other things today instead, and save the energy for Toysrus tomorrow.

How can you resist this face?

2185.png

be shocked if amazon doesnt ship today (should of shipped yesterday)

gamefly has their copies going out to RENT today..

would of grabbed one if i didnt have the black coming from best buy tomororw

Ok, got a quick question if anyone knows, but I'm 90% sure the answer is "no", but hoping for a longshot 'yes' way I can do this.

I have the US version of Platinum and now the Europe version of White. I have been trying to trade through Wi-Fi connection (I have 2 DS's I can hook up same time) and they each say the others friend code is wrong.

Trying to go into the local union room and they can't connect to each other.

I'm guessing this is because of the region (US and EU) and that makes them incompatible with each other, but wondering if anyone here knew a way around this...just would like to get some of my platinum pokemon over to white.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and I hope you all have an easy time getting your copies soon so you can also enjoy it.

And..if it will work for anyone, my white code is: 1076 9963 6639

[quote name='cdrober']Ok, got a quick question if anyone knows, but I'm 90% sure the answer is "no", but hoping for a longshot 'yes' way I can do this.

I have the US version of Platinum and now the Europe version of White. I have been trying to trade through Wi-Fi connection (I have 2 DS's I can hook up same time) and they each say the others friend code is wrong.

Trying to go into the local union room and they can't connect to each other.

I'm guessing this is because of the region (US and EU) and that makes them incompatible with each other, but wondering if anyone here knew a way around this...just would like to get some of my platinum pokemon over to white.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and I hope you all have an easy time getting your copies soon so you can also enjoy it.

And..if it will work for anyone, my white code is: 1076 9963 6639[/QUOTE]

You can't trade between Black/White with older version until you beat the game first

[quote name='slidecage']be shocked if amazon doesnt ship today (should of shipped yesterday)[/QUOTE]

I hope that you're right or I may have to hit the cancel button tonight.

I've been considering the Kmart deal (B1G1 50% off) as it's only a $6 difference when compared to the Amazon deal.

[quote name='GizmoGC']What Pokemon should I start with if I want the game to be 'easier' (i.e. GYM matches)?[/QUOTE]

Oshawott seems to be the early favorite.

Well, my Amazon order has been at "Shipping Soon" for a few hours, so today is looking good.

[quote name='Xiaan']Well, my Amazon order has been at "Shipping Soon" for a few hours, so today is looking good.[/QUOTE]

This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

They've got us by the balls now. :whistle2:#

Anyone know what Walmart is doing for this tomorrow? I'd to get a little swag but I'm not driving 45 minutes to TRU. As of right now, I'm just going with BB and the $5 gc.

[quote name='nekobi']Sorry if this has been asked before but, will walmart have this at midnight tonight?[/QUOTE]

They had midnight releases for the Gen IV games so maybe.

I'd call your local store(s) to verify.

[quote name='Crono139']This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

They've got us by the balls now. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Shipped as of 10minutes ago over here!

Just came from the GSP Pokemon tour and man, that place was a mad house. Managed to play the demo and get some swag and got my ass out of there.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver on the GBC, so I think it's time to get reacquainted.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but what is the best deal out there for the games.
I'm looking to pick both games up and I know TRU and K-Mart have the B1G1 50% off. Do you get anything extra from either of these stores and what time do they open tomorrow?

[quote name='knightsdwn']Just came from the GSP Pokemon tour and man, that place was a mad house. Managed to play the demo and get some swag and got my ass out of there.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver on the GBC, so I think it's time to get reacquainted.[/QUOTE]

Oooo shit I completely forgot and missed it..I'm more in central NJ though but would have hit the GSP mall, but I missed the Franklin Mills mall last week:bomb: What kind of swag did you get? Pics?

[quote name='GizmoGC']My Amazon order still has not shipped...[/QUOTE]

Same here, man. It's a little upsetting.

As for the guide, I'll just rely on Serebii. I'm usually pretty good at progressing through the story on my own.

ughhh still pissed bout missing Shiny Raikou but anyway.

I got Pokemon White last Sunday at BJ's like most people. Just really started playing yesterday. The game is nice though it feels like leveling up is a bit slower than heartgold. Anyway I love it so far, about to get the 3rd badge and just upset over catching Victini. Goodness I don't ever think I had this much trouble catching a legendary before. Though now that I actually care about natures it makes a difference.

See you guys around since I will be heavily into both games and pokemon in general.
by the way i heard there is a place where you can get the missed event pokemon by downloading a program to your computer and your computer sends the signal. is this true and if so where do i find this at?

There's a script called / removed /. It allows people to host their own GTS server from their computer, and people around the world can hook up to it and receive pokemon.

Since the pokemon data needs to be converted onto a PC though, it's considered a hack (ya srsly). Although only a few of the major fansites delete discussion of it. A lot of their forums have players hosting events through it without moderation.

>_> Anyways, if you want to learn more about it try google or ask the mods around here if it's kosher.

I feel retarded that I was awake last night when Pokemon Black/White went live on Goozex, yet I missed even thinking about getting in line until a few hours later.

Although I'm 20th in line overall, I decided to request a cartridge only copy in hopes of getting it sooner. I wanna be part of the fun with the rest of you. :D

All you sad people not on the east coast. I could go get it in 13 minutes. ;)

I'm really surprised there were no good preorder goodies this time around, in terms of real merchandise. Not a stylus, not a figure, nada. And window clings? Pfft.

I got my games from TRU got two kits for free and even gave me the stickers even though I didn't pre order. I'll be playing need to get all three starters on both games by trading.

[quote name='cag1000']Oooo shit I completely forgot and missed it..I'm more in central NJ though but would have hit the GSP mall, but I missed the Franklin Mills mall last week:bomb: What kind of swag did you get? Pics?[/QUOTE]

Didn't get too much since I wasn't able to spin the prize wheel.

DSC02185.jpg

bread's done
Back