Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='Khalid']I am trying to get a male Vulpix by breeding in my Platinum game and sending it to White after and I just got a shiny female Vulpix![/QUOTE]

Congratulations are in order. Great Job!!

P.S. I just beat the Elite 4 for the 2nd time. What a battle!

Geez, everyone's beating the Elite 4 with pokemon in the 50s. Mine were in the low to mid-40s, no wonder I got my bum handed to me by
N

[quote name='doodofdoods']fighting crushes steel and dark types, which can be tricky types to handle. I went with timburr and he was in my team for most of the game.

a ground type can be a good choice, especially when facing an electric gym. you probably ran into drilbur, who learns earthquake a lot earlier than sandile does. But sandile is also part dark type, which will help against psychic and ghost pokemon.

Been doing random trade negotiations. Been mostly trading people previous gen starter pokemon and riolu eggs. A shame you can't have any meaningful conversations during the trades, but I know Nintendo's afraid of foul language and miscreant behavior so it's understandable.

Anyone want to let me borrow their
Tornadus
?[/QUOTE]I can let you borrow it but can i borrow the white version side? I need both to catch the legendary pokemon. Im free tomorrow

[quote name='KingBroly']Can Snorlax learn Heat Crash? Because if he can...[/QUOTE]
No. Apparently the only pokemon that can learn it are Tepig and its evolutions.

i have this Adamant Deino thats has perfect IVs
then i learn he cant learn Dragon Claw and im like WTF
a dragon with claws cant learn Dragon Claw
i PC'd him after he got to level 50 and evolved
was so upset, may check Smogon

Teach him Outrage. Even with his Special Attack being reduced from his nature, it'll be really high so Dragon Pulse could work on him.

Does anyone have a female Tepig? I can't trade for it for awhile since I can't get my DS online in my dorm. I'm in the process of transferring Pokemon from Diamond over and I can give you any previous starters or Riolu eggs (with some good egg moves).

[quote name='adriley313']thx will try

he was bred with dark pulse and earth power which are SA
whyyyyyy[/QUOTE]

Because it is impossible to get those egg moves at the same time unless the parent was hacked. So far a lot of people are going with SA for Hydreigon even though it is lower than its attack because it can learn better SA moves

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Finally got around to beating the Elite Four last night. This was my team:

Bisharp L54
Haxorus L52
Archeops L51
Samurott L50
Serperior L50
Emboar L48[/QUOTE]

Nice team. I also had Serperior on my team but I ditched him. I didn't like Serperior's move list cause to me it felt like all he could learn was grass moves. He was fast as hell though which was great.

I got to the Elite Four!

But, erm, training must commence. I never feel like I'm reading until I'm ready to OHKO everything, which takes a while. (I don't always *get* that ready, though.)

Samurott, Archeops, Haxorus, Conkeldurr, Zebstrika, Krookadile are all so far in the 46-48 range. The lack of a fire-type hurts every once an a while, but I like Haxorus more then...whatever Fire types are currently available to me in White. (There was that Ghost/Fire one, though.) Zebstrika doesn't see all too much use, but whet he goes out, the enemy goes down pretty quickly. I'm thinking of swapping the horse for something different at the moment: maybe try a Joltik, or even see how I like Golett. I've caught a Deino (yay! when/if I evolve it, it'll be cool!), but I don't want to work on that just yet.

Anything stand out to you that I need to go make changes with about my current team?

Is anyone else having issues with the WiFi club I've been attempting to trade with my cousin but it never connects. It just says "Communicating with X" then it says "X failed to respond." I saw today that they would be delaying the Dream World or whatever until March 30, but I think that's a whole other issue right?

I've read a few forums where some users are having issues, but they seem to be all related to rom versions.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Nice team. I also had Serperior on my team but I ditched him. I didn't like Serperior's move list cause to me it felt like all he could learn was grass moves. He was fast as hell though which was great.[/QUOTE]
Normally, I'd admit that Serperior was really just a tack-on because I had the other two starters. However, I've learned that there's always that one spot (Elite 4, Champion, post-game...wherever) where you'll really need a powerful Grass move to seal the deal, and sure enough it came true with this game. Specifically, I switched Serperior in when facing (Pokemon League spoilers, though I won't name the trainers):
Seismitoad, Krookodile, Jellicent, Golurk, Carracosta, and - oddly enough - Zekrom (while I healed up other Pokemon)

Of my team (and for Black/White, in general), I'd say that my favorite new Pokemon is Bisharp. He may not be the most amazing looking Pokemon on paper, but damn did he almost single-handedly wipe out the Elite 4 :cool:

I'm Currently on my White Version and on my way to the Elite 4 with Emboar, Leavanny, Swanna and Excadrill. I'm thinking of leveling a Chandelure, but I still need to fill those two voids.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is anyone else having issues with the WiFi club I've been attempting to trade with my cousin but it never connects. It just says "Communicating with X" then it says "X failed to respond." I saw today that they would be delaying the Dream World or whatever until March 30, but I think that's a whole other issue right?

I've read a few forums where some users are having issues, but they seem to be all related to rom versions.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, popular penguin and I had that issue when we were trying to do a trade. I had to DMZ my DS's ip address for it to finally work. Give it a shot.

I'm actually really impressed with this generation's bug Pokemon. I'm not usually a bug fan, but these ones I think are pretty awesome and I will more than likely have one on my team in my second play through.

Scolipede
Escavalier
Galvantula
Volcarona
Genesect (when he is available for download eventually)

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, popular penguin and I had that issue when we were trying to do a trade. I had to DMZ my DS's ip address for it to finally work. Give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Ugggghh. I had to set up a whole other router just for my DS and that was a pain already.

Why would my Silver game worked completely fine but not B/W? Lame.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I'm actually really impressed with this generation's bug Pokemon. I'm not usually a bug fan, but these ones I think are pretty awesome and I will more than likely have one on my team in my second play through.

Scolipede
Escavalier
Galvantula
Volcarona
Genesect (when he is available for download eventually)[/QUOTE]

It makes me want to make an all bug team using pokemon from past gens too.

I'm happy about the fire pokes this generation. Now I can finally form a decent pure fire team. Charizard and Ninetales both get amazing dream world abilities. Ninetales gets the Drought ability! :D

[quote name='GhostShark']I'm Currently on my White Version and on my way to the Elite 4 with Emboar, Leavanny, Swanna and Excadrill. I'm thinking of leveling a Chandelure, but I still need to fill those two voids.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest a dark pokemon, but I'm not sure if there are any available to you that you wouldn't have to grind the hell out of to make worthwhile. A strong Ice, Fighting, or Dragon type would be worthwhile too.

I had good success using ghost pokemon in previous generations against the elite four. I believe I used a misdreavus in Pokemon Pearl. I just like those moves like pain split and destiny bond against more powerful pokemon.

The pokemon Duosion can be caught on route 9 in White. Try and find him in the tall grass since he'll be a higher level there. He's a psychic type, but he has pain split and endeavor in his moveset, which are fun moves to use against powerful pokemon. I like Chandelure's moveset as well, particularly the move hex when combined with the status effect moves like will-o-wisp. I haven't tried using Chandelure so I don't know how effective that actually is, but it sounds good to me.

[quote name='ForeStorm']
Anything stand out to you that I need to go make changes with about my current team?[/QUOTE]

You're covered pretty well. you have a fighting and dark type which both will come in handy. you don't have a psychic type or bug type, which might hurt you a bit. As I mentioned earlier Duosion is in the grass at Route 9, and has a pretty fun moveset. It evolves at level 41, which is only 2 levels away from the highest level you can find them at in the tall grass.

You have a dragon type, which should help once you get past the elite four and make your way to the champion. You could probably beat the elite four with that team right now, but a little more training never hurts.

My team wasn't much stronger than yours when I went to face them.

Samurott 49
Emolga 50
Zoroark 44(to learn embargo)
Krookadile 48(to learn earthquake as Krokorok)
Victini 49(to learn zen headbutt)
Gurdurr 48(to learn hammer arm)

Hey so i assume we all know that a guy in the pokecenter gives you a master ball when you trade with 50 people. However, there are only 5 in-game trades and i dont have 45 friends with pokemon black/white that i can trade with locally and people on the GTS are asking for obscene pokemon. I went to the GTS hoping to make just a quick trade for a lillipup or something easy to catch but no. People are asking for level 100 legandaries for a LILLIPUP!! So can anyone (preferably 45 of you) make simple trades with me? We can even make a trade then trade back if you want, i dont really care. I dont even mind if we trade the same pokemon. Im just looking for anyone that is willing to make a simple trade with common pokemon so we can both be closer to getting the master ball. It would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I put up sensible trades on the gts and they tend to get taken pretty quickly. There are a lot of stupid trades up. I also like to go search for random pokemon and make trades even if I don't need the pokemon, just to trade.
I wish they had a feature that you could look for people looking for a certain pokemon. Say you had a Snivy you wanted to trade, you could look and see who wants a Snivy and what they are offering for it.

also try version exclusive pokemon and starters seem to go fast
breed a bunch and ask for easy stuff
ie: Oshawott for Lillipup

IMO, the only point of Trubbish is that it evolves into the most god-awful looking pokemon ever, and so you hope it would just scare off its enemy.

Finally got out of Twist Mountain, after wasting two hours trying to catch that Cryogonal, despite the fact that I can wait until post game for its egg. Has anyone tried doing the Karrablast and Shelmet thing yet?

I hope you know you can only get Cryogonal in Winter which isn't until April (changes every month).

I did the Karrablast/Shelmet trades to get them to evolve.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I'd suggest a dark pokemon, but I'm not sure if there are any available to you that you wouldn't have to grind the hell out of to make worthwhile. A strong Ice, Fighting, or Dragon type would be worthwhile too.

I had good success using ghost pokemon in previous generations against the elite four. I believe I used a misdreavus in Pokemon Pearl. I just like those moves like pain split and destiny bond against more powerful pokemon.

[/QUOTE]

I had 2 ghosts on my roster when I squared off against the E4 the first time around, including a Lampent (since I hadn't found a dusk stone at that point to evolve him). Without spoilers, a certain someone's Bisharp managed to OHKO both of them - and my Beartic - near the end. Given the sheer number of dark pokemon you run into during the 'endgame,' I'd have to recommend one of the fighting types...or at least having someone with a fighting move who isn't weak against Fighting, Steel, & Dark attacks. That being said, my Golurk (carrying Strength and Fly, so other Pokemon didn't have to), pretty much solo'd one of the E4, so having a ghost is definitely beneficial.

[quote name='icedrake523']I hope you know you can only get Cryogonal in Winter which isn't until April (changes every month).

[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. I just caught one a few minutes ago.

I'd highly recommend Bisharp for any/every team seeking to challenge the Elite 4 - especially those of you who may be looking to fill that 5th or 6th spot on your team.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Geez, everyone's beating the Elite 4 with pokemon in the 50s. Mine were in the low to mid-40s, no wonder I got my bum handed to me by
N
[/QUOTE]

I had the most trouble with that
dark dragon Pokemon. Wiped out everything but my Simipour.

[quote name='Dranakin']I had the most trouble with that
dark dragon Pokemon. Wiped out everything but my Simipour.
[/QUOTE]

your legendy + 2 max revive will easily take care of it

Just got my 7th Badge around the 18 hour mark. I've got to say one thing about the story. They just made a twist that I really liked because I didn't see it coming at all.

Question about victini.

I went and accepted the gift, I saw the wonder card thing and so on. But the directions told me I needed to then go get him. But Im not ready to sit and play the game yet so Im curious, if I accepted the mystery gift and saw that I got the wonder card and exited out does that mean I now have it and Ill be able to take the ship and get victini when Im ready to sit and play the game? Or do I really have to go get him and then save the game like the instructions told me?

Im just finishing another ds game now and want to wait till Im done with it before I play pokemon black, but at the same time I dont want to miss getting victini because I know soon your chance to unlock him is gone.

If you just downloaded the card from NWFC, it's still on your game waiting to be picked up until hell freezes over. You have until April 10th to download it anyway.

I have only been using my starter oshawotty and got 2 gym badges. Every pokemon I've run into so far look really ugly lol it makes me not want to play. =(

So I beat the Elite 4 and now am going to face N. Can I leave and get some stuff at the shop? If I do, will I have to re-fight the Elite 4 again?

Yes, you can leave and get stuff at the shop, heal, etc, before N. You won't be made to fight the E4 again if you do.

My Pokemon were lv.54-42 against him and I didn't really have a problem.
The next fight however was a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Xiaan']Yes, you can leave and get stuff at the shop, heal, etc, before N. You won't be made to fight the E4 again if you do.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks!

bread's done
Back