Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

So did you guys hear that some people are talking about Black and White being 9/11 Because the new Legendary Pokemon resemble the jets in there eyes.
The only reasoning behind this is because Gamefreak used New York City as an idea for the city. I don't agree with what they're saying since they don't know what they're talking about. But what do you guys think?

I think it's a good game and has nothing to do with my brother got it and likes it.
But he always has me searching up on google for the pokemon because I'm the one who's on the computer.

Yeah, I heard that too. It sounds like people wanting to be offended and making crap up. The story seems to be more based on the desert being a 'wasteland' where the Two Towers should have been in the city, and some other nonsense about comets and Kyurem. Ridiculous.

so any idea how tagging in sleep mode with C Gear works and what it does? Going to Wonder Con next week and might be able to get a few tag

This is my first Pokemon I've played "seriously".

I've beat them all from Blue to White, but usually I just stop after beating the Elite 4 or what have you.

This one I was compelled to play more and after hatching a shiny Charmander, I had to learn about EVs and IVs all in one day.

Now I got the baddest dude on the planet EV trained. Feels good man.

6.png

I am playing this, but I am kinda aggravated that the Pokemon link club thing isn't open yet. The website says that it is delayed indefinitely due to the quake in Japan too so there is no March 30th opening as promised. While I can totally understand that they would delay it because of the quake in Japan that is really no excuse for why it wasn't ready on launch day. Pretty much every aspect of the WiFi of this game requires me to create an account on this website (that isn't open yet) and link it to the game so I just feel like I am missing out on a whole lot of features right now and I don't know if I will ever get to use those features. Every time I try to do something on WiFi I get nagged to make an account on this website that isn't open yet and link it to the game. Hooray Nintendo for more empty promises!

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

Again I understand why they are not opening the global link, the website claims it is to conserve energy resources in Japan, however the GTS servers for Pokemon are still opened as the GTS still works and I assume those servers also reside in Japan. If they are trying to conserve energy then why not just shut down the GTS servers too. I am sorry if this comment sounds rude and I fully understand that the people of Japan have a lot more to worry about right now than some Pokemon website opening.

Congrats on the shiny Charizard I love it and plan to go for one eventually.

I do have a shiny Giratina took me forever to get it with soft reset got it on my platinum game. Made it my avatar. lol

The only shiny I've gotten on my own is a shiny growlithe in heart gold. scared the crap out of me because I knew it could use roar. I've never EV trained but I might start this gen, and he seems like a good candidate for training.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am playing this, but I am kinda aggravated that the Pokemon link club thing isn't open yet. The website says that it is delayed indefinitely due to the quake in Japan too so there is no March 30th opening as promised. While I can totally understand that they would delay it because of the quake in Japan that is really no excuse for why it wasn't ready on launch day. Pretty much every aspect of the WiFi of this game requires me to create an account on this website (that isn't open yet) and link it to the game so I just feel like I am missing out on a whole lot of features right now and I don't know if I will ever get to use those features. Every time I try to do something on WiFi I get nagged to make an account on this website that isn't open yet and link it to the game. Hooray Nintendo for more empty promises!

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

Again I understand why they are not opening the global link, the website claims it is to conserve energy resources in Japan, however the GTS servers for Pokemon are still opened as the GTS still works and I assume those servers also reside in Japan. If they are trying to conserve energy then why not just shut down the GTS servers too. I am sorry if this comment sounds rude and I fully understand that the people of Japan have a lot more to worry about right now than some Pokemon website opening.[/QUOTE]

It does suck that the release won't happen on the 30th but I wouldn't hate on the fact that Nintendo is giving empty promises. I'm barely into Pokemon White since I haven't had much time to play the DS lately so I haven't seen many of the Global Link features quite yet. I'll patiently wait for the site to open it as long as it means that energy going to put those reactors back into safe conditions.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']So did you guys hear that some people are talking about Black and White being 9/11 Because the new Legendary Pokemon resemble the jets in there eyes.
The only reasoning behind this is because Gamefreak used New York City as an idea for the city. I don't agree with what they're saying since they don't know what they're talking about. But what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I think most americans have way too much time on their hands to be sitting around looking for even the tiniest excuse to pretend like they are offended by something in order to get some attention because they have no self esteem and a very high ego.

So I beat White. Where should I go next? I tried Route 11 and 16, but the Trainers there have Pokemon that are like 15-20 levels above where I'm at right now.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I beat White. Where should I go next? I tried Route 11 and 16, but the Trainers there have Pokemon that are like 15-20 levels above where I'm at right now.[/QUOTE]

From what I seen the battle subway would be the place to go. I entered there unknowingly and the first trainer I encountered sent out a lvl 50. That might be a good place to start off at to train some.

you don't get exp for battle subway battles. still not a bad place to head once you're done with the main quest.

Catch some of the legendaries if you haven't already. Also the pokemon in the wild are stronger in the post game area's, so you could try grinding on them or capturing them to make it easier to fight the post game trainers.

Don't know if this has been posted or not but for those who missed the Zorua event, have no fear.

Cheat: How to get Zorua Easily, No Event or Celibi Needed

In your Internet settings in the DS menu, keep everything the same as usual, but change your Primary DNS server setting to this address: 205.185.126.109. You can leave the Secondary DNS setting alone. The DNS settings are a few tabs over when editing your Internet settings on the DSi. After this, be sure to save your settings (a test will occur as well).

Enter the game and go to any Pokemon Center (you must have the ability to use the trading system on the upper level of the Pokemon Center, so you porbably need to be past the first Gym or so). Leave all but five Pokemon in your party so you have an empty slot for Zorua. Go to the upper levelof the Pokemon Center and Choose the girl on the far right to initiate a Global Wi-Fi Trade. Choose the setting called "GTS." You will automatically be taken to a screen where you recieve an egg. Quit out and check your party. Zorua should be in your sixth slot. Note: If Zorua remains an egg, you'll need to walk a bit with it in your party before it hatches.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I beat White. Where should I go next? I tried Route 11 and 16, but the Trainers there have Pokemon that are like 15-20 levels above where I'm at right now.[/QUOTE]

Look for the 7 sages (they give you TMs), re-explore every area using surf & waterfall, visit the Challenger's Cave, breed pokemon, join the competitive community @ http://www.smogon.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my White game and now gonna start my Black version. I'm thinking about this team for my new game.

Haxorus
Volcarona
Carracosta
Mienshao
Thundurus (trading from my Pokemon white to black game)
?

For the sixth spot I'm still debating between Krookodile, Bisharp, and Zoroark. I really like all three, but I'm leaning towards Krookodile at this point.

I got a hit on my C-gear yesterday, I have no idea who it was! I put it on sometimes when I leave the house and I got one yesterday. I am not sure if its one of the neighborhood kids or if I caught someone while driving around yesterday.

[quote name='Brak']I have three boxes of Slowpokes.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume that:
1) You were trying to breed a Slowpoke with perfect IVs
2) You have a Slowpoke fetish

[quote name='popular penguin']I'm going to assume that:
1) You were trying to breed a Slowpoke with perfect IVs
2) You have a Slowpoke fetish[/QUOTE]
and 3) I need a shiny Slowbro.

[quote name='Spanky']Smells like a hacked slowbro to me:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yup. I said I'll MAKE one for him. I use Pokegen to make Pokemon for competitive play (Smogon).

finished the game w/most almost sidequests done @ lv 72. :lol: I didnt know you could battle the trainers in black city once a day! Is it true the residents start to disappear if you dont talk to them once in a while?

Quick Question:

If have the Liberty Pass and obtain Victini. If you reset your game to start over, is your original Liberty Pass still valid and will allow you to get Victini on the 2nd go around? If not, can you download the Liberty Pass a second time (up until the 10th of course) once you've deleted your original game save?

Alright, the last time I played a Pokemon game it was Yellow...but I decided to cave and get White with this last Amazon promo. Question, since I'm not getting very clear answers from the sites I can read at work - is trading still only infrared, or can you use the Wifi connection as well?

[quote name='mrfossey']Alright, the last time I played a Pokemon game it was Yellow...but I decided to cave and get White with this last Amazon promo. Question, since I'm not getting very clear answers from the sites I can read at work - is trading still only infrared, or can you use the Wifi connection as well?[/QUOTE]

Not only can you use the WiFi, but at every PokeCenter you can access the Global Trading System (GTS), which allows you to upload a pokemon to the system, or trade one of your pokemon for one that someone else has put into the system.

(FWIW, I don't think that Pokemon games have used IR to trade since the GBC. The GBA games used a link cable, with an optional Wireless link adapter comging with Fire Red / Leaf Green. The DS games have used Wi-Fi.)

Curse Victini and not getting captured with 10 Great or 2 Ultra balls and only being one hit from being defeated. And stupid me didn't bring a pokemon with sleep or paralyze

[quote name='craven_fiend']Curse Victini and not getting captured with 10 Great or 2 Ultra balls and only being one hit from being defeated. And stupid me didn't bring a pokemon with sleep or paralyze[/QUOTE]

I haven't caught Victini yet as I'm using him to "EV" (I think that is the right term...I'm still fairly new to Pokemon games) train some pokemon.

Forgot to mention that I beat this game a few days ago (the main story) with just the three starter pokemon (and of course the legendary you get at the end)

Does anybody have a power belt they are willing to give or trade?
I managed to get a power bracer but the battle subway too long for just 3 bp.
Its frusterating when you're at the last guy and lose. six matches down the drain for zero bp.
Its already happened to me twice and i dont think i can go through it again. So if anybody is willing to trade an item or even a pokemon for a power belt please let me know.

2 more hits today on the c-gear, no idea where they are coming from though I am pretty sure one of today's came from a Gamestop I passed while driving since the person had played for 150 hours. This game must have pretty strong wireless as I have my DS turned on in sleep mode buried in my purse inside a case.

I had a question actually about Pokemon Diamond, since this thread seems to get the most questions and post, I wanted to post here. I searched on google and it seems that you will never battle any form of the Hoenn starters in the game thus not being able to trade for them via Global Trade Center? I just wanted to actually ask this and confirm it.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I had a question actually about Pokemon Diamond, since this thread seems to get the most questions and post, I wanted to post here. I searched on google and it seems that you will never battle any form of the Hoenn starters in the game thus not being able to trade for them via Global Trade Center? I just wanted to actually ask this and confirm it.[/QUOTE]

That is correct, you can't request something that you haven't seen in-game.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Curse Victini and not getting captured with 10 Great or 2 Ultra balls and only being one hit from being defeated. And stupid me didn't bring a pokemon with sleep or paralyze[/QUOTE]

First time I went to fight Victini, I had no idea he'd be so hard to catch. In fact, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red and had forgotten that low health wasn't the only factor in catching them. I went through every single Pokeball in my inventory, which was over 25. So, I reloaded and decided I needed to stock up before taking him on again. I went to town, bought 20 normal Pokeballs and 10 Great. Went back, fought him again, and caught him with the second normal Pokeball...

To have the opportunity to get Victini, do I just need to download the Mystery Gift and then I'm free to go collect it from the delivery man whenever I get around to playing Pokemon Black or do I need to go collect it now? I just downloaded the Mystery Gift cause I don't want to miss on my chance of getting this guy, but I'm not ready to start playing the game yet.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To have the opportunity to get Victini, do I just need to download the Mystery Gift and then I'm free to go collect it from the delivery man whenever I get around to playing Pokemon Black or do I need to go collect it now? I just downloaded the Mystery Gift cause I don't want to miss on my chance of getting this guy, but I'm not ready to start playing the game yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you only need to get the Liberty Pass (mystery gift) in time. No need to worry about collecting it from the deliveryman or capturing Victini afterwards. You can deal with that whenever you're ready.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']Yeah, you only need to get the Liberty Pass (mystery gift) in time. No need to worry about collecting it from the deliveryman or capturing Victini afterwards. You can deal with that whenever you're ready.[/QUOTE]

So it downloads to the cart or something? Cool, thanks man.

Is the guide for this game worth it? Thinking about picking it up since I don't need to be at my computer all the time when playing this game if I have a question about something in the game. (I just started playing and I got the 1st gym badge so it's why I am asking).

Thanks.

I can't muster the energy to finish the game these days. I'm right before the Elite 4, and I know I cannot beat them with my current team. I basically just finished the last few hours with Serperior and Sawk. So, they're strong enough, but the rest of my team isn't.

Are there any good Pokes I should go back and grab that I wouldn't have to level up much to take on the Elite 4?

Sigilyph and Pawniard are both excellent against the E4

Sigliyph (psyc+flying) can be found in the desert resort around lvl 20 and Pawniard (dark+steel) is at Rt 9/11 and comes at around 30 (Rt9) 50 (Rt11)

I don't believe you get access to Rt 11 till you beat the game though.

[quote name='popular penguin']^
So does that mean I can finally use the Dream World feature?[/QUOTE]

I imagine so and any other features that requires the global link. Really need to get back into the game. I've been replaying Metroid Fusion instead.

I honestly didn't expect the global link to actually launch, so I am quite surprised and pleased that they are launching it this soon, the only thing is I hope it doesn't crash from too many people using it.

bread's done
Back