Pokemon Go

Did 4 Moltres raids Friday and caught all 4.  I'm now a ridiculous 10 out of 12 on them.   I wish I had had some of that luck with Articuno.   My son and I did a Machamp for a change of pace and I got a 96% one of those.  So it was a decent day.

And yet we're like 1 out of 10 on Moltres on my little kids account.  I've probably done half of those and my older son the other half (the little kids do the battle but have one of us catch it).  I have no idea why my catches are so good on my account but not on theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten 10+ of each legendary bird except for Articuno.  Got 9 of those.  I've been deleting any over 10 for the other ones.

I was so pissed at the game the other day though.  I had a perfect Zapdos escape from me.  And I was like 11 for 14 at the time on those stupid things.  But basically I got super nervous when I saw it was perfect and flubbed a couple of the throws.  I still hit it with 4-5 Great throws which is usually enough.  Stupid RNG.

I'm tempted to not look at the CP range for Mewtwo or any future legendaries so I don't know when I have a good one ;).

9 Articuno (best 93%)

11 Zapdos (best 96%)

8 Moltres (best 90%)

4 (grrr) Lugia for me (best 93%)

People in my town have grown a little weary of the legendary raids.  Can't get enough people to show in the mornings.  Usually, a noon bird would've been beaten,  but even those seem to go unopposed. 

Now, 3:30 PM or later is about the only time I can get a raid done in my town.

I'm really just ready for Gen 3, and a new wave of raids to start.  All I'm collecting now is the handful of Pokedex genders I need, and several of those are simply egg hatches or a nest we don't have around.

Hey guys, out of curiosity, do any of you know of an online or app based way to get raid parties organized? I tried with the neighborhood app Nextdoor with poor success. My issue is I haven't figured out how to know when one will pop up. Is there a way to know? Thx for the help.

Towns and cities around here just use Facebook.  There's usually a big Facebook group for any major city...even 12,00 people like ours has a good group. 

Larger cities will likely have a Facebook group, but most use Discord.  (Though they use Facebook to send out the Discord links.)

Yep, it is Facebook mostly for our small town. There is also a Discord group and I will often cross-post to both. But we get the most people from the Facebook posts.

9 Articuno (best 93%)

11 Zapdos (best 96%)

8 Moltres (best 90%)

4 (grrr) Lugia for me (best 93%)

People in my town have grown a little weary of the legendary raids. Can't get enough people to show in the mornings. Usually, a noon bird would've been beaten, but even those seem to go unopposed.

Now, 3:30 PM or later is about the only time I can get a raid done in my town.

I'm really just ready for Gen 3, and a new wave of raids to start. All I'm collecting now is the handful of Pokedex genders I need, and several of those are simply egg hatches or a nest we don't have around.
And yeah, it is pretty much exactly like what you said, though I would push the time more to 5pm and later - and there's usually very few raids that late.

You've had better luck on fewer catches with the IVs than me:

10 Articuno (best is 91%, and I've gotten THREE at 1615, which is around 70%)

11 Zapdos (best is 91%)

12 Moltres (best is 93%)

12 Lugia (best is 91%)

I'd trade my 12 Lugia for your 4 just to get that 93% over my crappy 91% (it is crappy because it has low attack and if nothing else, I at least want 15 attack out of these).

Other than one Moltres, I seem to have a cap at 91%. I've seen better ones, including the perfect Zapdos, but they always escape. Meanwhile I catch my third 1615 Articuno today on the first throw.

Getting a little frustrated with this game.  Now I've gotten 5 Raikou's and none over 87%.  Meanwhile people in our local group who usually can't catch anything are getting 100%'s left and right.  Blah...

Getting a little frustrated with this game. Now I've gotten 5 Raikou's and none over 87%. Meanwhile people in our local group who usually can't catch anything are getting 100%'s left and right. Blah...
Yesterday I had 2 Raikou over 90% ran away from me.

My whole family (3 of us) got the Ex raid invites for our neighboring town's Sprint store gym.  We raided there on Sept. 1st.  Pretty excited to go for a Mewtwo!

Yeah, passes are going out in a town 40 miles from me.  Sadly, I hadn't raided at their Sprint store gym.  Our town doesn't have one.  (Only a Boost Pokestop.)  :/

Hoping to get to a semi-nearby town this weekend and I'll raid at their Sprint store gym.  I haven't seen anyone there post that passes have gone out yet.

Had a good day starting off with getting the Ex invite.  Then this evening I caught a 98% Raikou which is by far the highest IV legendary I've caught (previous best was 93%) and also the highest ever raid boss of any type that I've caught.  I'd have powered it up immediately if it wasn't for the Mewtwo raid coming up.  I want to save my stardust for that - hopefully I catch it and it is high 80's at least.  I can also finally clear out some of the 350+ rare candy I have once I get Mewtwo.

All 3 of us caught the Mewtwo at the Ex raid Friday evening.  None of us got one over 80% IV, but we're glad to have one at least.  I have not heard about any more invites going out yet.

My town had our first EX raid today. 33 of us completed it. (We split into three teams.)

Caught mine, at 89%.
Sadly, my wife and nephew did not catch theirs. I feel really bad for my wife. She’s one of the most hardcore players in our area (along with me).

We all got our second Mewtwo on Saturday.  My son has an 89% with max attack which is all you really need.  All the rest have been pretty bad though.  Even though I have two, I'm still waiting for a better one to power up.  Mine are 80% and 84% but both with near minimum (10) attack.

I caught my first Entei after 5 tries today.  Man, I was having Articuno-like frustration with this damn thing.  Across my first 4 tries I averaged about 11 balls and probably hit maybe all but 1 throw, and nearly all of those were Great/Curve throws (with a couple of nothing/Nice and even a few Excellent).  I thought for sure I was softbanned especially as people were catching them left and right with straight throws.  But finally on the 5th one I got it first ball.   Go figure.

Edit: Did another one today and had it escape after 5 great curves, 2 excellent curves, and 1 miss.  That would have been enough for Raikou.  I swear they dropped the catch rate of these - at least for me ;).

so far 5/5 for Entei. Almost made up for having last 4 Raikou running away.
See it is just me. Niantic nerfed the catch rate just for me. My son is 3 out of 3 (even when I took his phone and caught one of those for him). I'm glad I got the one at least - pressure is off. But I'm not going to buy premium passes - will just stick with my one freebie per day.

I'm 3/3 on Entei.  My capture rate for Raikou was 16/25. 

I also dunno if I remembered to post it, but, I hatched a shiny Pichu like the first day it was available (which was a while ago).  Was pretty neat...especially since I've never got a shiny Magikarp.

I'm 1-for-6 now.  I was 13-for-22 on Raikou but towards the end I was pinapping any ones that were not good IV's.  So I was probably 10-for-14 on good ones.

Entei just repeatedly bounces out of great/excellent curve throws.  I've never seen anything like it.

Gah, I feel so bad forgetting about CAG for awhile now, I'm on my local Discord server which is super essential for raid formation, and satiates my Pokemon Go chatting.  Good to see you guys are still semi posting though.

I have so far gotten the following 100% IV legendaries:

Zapdos

Articuno

Raikou (I also have a 98% as my runner up)

I also got two EX Raid passes invites, caught both Mewtwo, and one of them that was 91% IV with 15 ATK has been my main drain for my rare candies (that and my Raikou in preparation for Suicune).

It would be awesome if any of you CAGers were in AZ, since we could meet face to face, really the main enjoyable factor of this whole raid business, is to get to know your local scene.

So ready for the Halloween event. I should hit level 37 this week.
That’s an awesome set of legendary IV’s! I have a 96% Moltres and Zapdos, 93’s for the dogs and Articuno, and my Mewtwo was an 89%.

I hate you Billy ;).

I do have a 98% Raikou but other than that I haven't gotten anything over 93% which really sucks as I've caught at least 80-90 legendaries.  My Mewtwo's are 80% and 84%.  If I had an 89% I'd power that sucker up.  I know a lot of people haven't had a chance to catch one at all, so I can't complain too much, but I really don't want to put candy into those two.  At least with having them I can convert Rare candy to Mewtwo candy and free up bag space.  I have 176 Mewtwo candy ready to go if I can get an 89+ one some day!

Raids have completely died off here.  No one even posts them any more.  Up till the beginning of this week I was able to do one or more Entei per day.  Some of it is the weather - cold and rainy so no one wants to go out and deal with it.  I think this week was the first time since the raids came out way back in, what, June (?) that I wasted a free pass.  I think I've skipped out on 2 or 3 this week, actually.  I haven't even bothered to find a low level raid.  Just seems like a waste of time to drive out for that.  Plus when I was out around 7pm tonight for other reasons I checked and there wasn't a single one going or about to hatch in our 10+ gym downtown.  That was strange.

I'm only mildly excited for the Halloween event.  Extra candy is useless AF at this point.  So there's like 3 or 4 new Pokémon and a new hat-Chu.  Oh boy.  Then they said the rest of gen 3 will trickle out as early as Dec - which could mean even later in reality.

I hate you Billy ;).
It's nice to know I'm still loved :D

But yeah I agree on your points, the raiding scene has significantly slowed down in the past couple of weeks, since EX Raid passes are being trickled out now to areas outside of my main raiding area, the Mewtwo hype has died off (and they need as much hype as they can get to sustain interest).

I can still get a group together after work hours, and I know when Suicune launches that first week will be booming again, but it will once again fade away afterwards.

The main thing I'm trying to focus on now is soloing Tier 3 raids, which so far I've only prepared for (and won) my first Machamp solo raid. I find that pretty entertaining and much more engaging, also moreso that basic game mechanics like dodging actually work and need to be implemented unlike the tap fest that are group raids.

Well I managed to get into a last minute raid yesterday that almost didn't happen because we could barely get enough people.  But man was it worth it.  I caught a 98% Entei for myself, a 96% for my little kids, and an 89-ish one for my son.  First time I've seen all 3 of us get a 1900+ one.  Then for whatever reason there were 16 people for one today.  So I think it really was the weather that depressed turnout for the previous week.  We had great weather today.

But, yeah, I expect the drop-off for Suicune to be rapid.  Everyone will be out for a few days catching it, but with it being November people will start doing holiday things and travel, etc.   That combined with the weather and simple raid fatigue will probably mean a week of easy raids followed by some sporadic ones if they should up at optimal times.

Yeah Suicune will be just a dex entry, more than any other legendary so far.  I'm hoping they release Ho-Oh like right at the start of November, which is what people are theorizing.

Caught 2 Suicune (out of 2) yesterday and my second one was a 98%!

Now I'm more interested in trying to catch shiny Duskull, Sableye, and Shuppet (the last of which they apparently just added yesterday).

Finally caught my first Mewtwo, 91%
Nice, I hadn't heard about any more Ex passes going our recently. They certainly seem to have stopped around here. I wish I had gotten that 91%. I'd be powering that up instantly. My 80% and 84% with 11 attack are just not quite up to snuff.

I was up late last night and at 5:30AM an egg popped up at the gym close to my house. That is ridiculous. So with Daylight Savings Time ending the raids start (and presumably end) even earlier than they did in the summer. That is just stupid. The time should have been 8am - 8pm STANDARD time which should have bumped the DST times from 9-9. And I mean that as the starting times, not the total range. So they should go till 9pm. Now I guess they are all over by 7 unless they added time to the end of the day. I haven't been raiding that much recently so I'm not sure.

All the EX passes in Arizona have started in the main city area (Phoenix) and branching outwards to the other cities surrounding it, almost in a wave ripple pattern outwards.  So I still hear reports of people in bedroom towns getting EX pass invites, but nothing in the main city area where alot of my raids happen.

And AZ doesn't observe daylights savings time, so the raid windows are unaffected.  Still dumb that raids start so early (when no one wants to raid) and end early (when people are scrambling to use their passes for the day after work).

And AZ doesn't observe daylights savings time, so the raid windows are unaffected. Still dumb that raids start so early (when no one wants to raid) and end early (when people are scrambling to use their passes for the day after work).
Yep, now there are no longer raids even still going at like 7pm whereas before the time change there were. I wish they would get rid of the time change, but, at least here (Oregon), it should go to permanent DST. It gets dark WAY too early in the winter here. We were OK before the time change.

In our town apparently EX passes went out the other day but only to about 7 people. It looks like it was people who did a specific Suicune raid at a specific gym last week. Of course that's the one I skipped. But I'm also reading on Silph Road that it seems they mostly went to first-timers. That's great and all, but it limits the number in a small place like this. I'm not sure if they'll even be able to get it done!

My Mewtwo only has 11 attack, but I powered it up anyway since it is already stronger than my prefect Espeon and Alakazam 

Hope you all got your Farfetch'd.  I got 18 of them, but not a single "wonder".  Oh well, no big deal as its not like I'm going to use it to battle or anything.  Don't have to make a special trip to Japan any more (though I'd still like to go).

Its been reported that the event will extend to Dec 1st, but pretty sure farfetch'd will only last the predetermined 48 hours

I have 25 of them right now, but still don’t have any above 80% IV’s.

Been actually trying to get leveled up during this event. I’m cruising through level 37 right now. Will hopefully be able to get 38 by the time it’s done.

I have 25 of them right now, but still don’t have any above 80% IV’s.

Been actually trying to get leveled up during this event. I’m cruising through level 37 right now. Will hopefully be able to get 38 by the time it’s done.
I ended up with 22, I do have an 82-87 % one, but it is low level (1300 stardust). Oh well, no big deal.

Funny that we are so close to each other - I just hit level 38 yesterday. I started evolving almost everything I catch about 3 days ago. I'd always just transferred them to keep things moving. But since I'm sitting on nearly 3000 Pidgey candy I might as well evolve them all now.

We had two of them here this evening. I caught the first but it was a crappy 71% IV. Meanwhile someone in our group who usually has trouble catching legendaries got a 100% and another person got a 98%. In the second raid I got a much better one (upper 80's low 90's probably) but I couldn't catch it. Ho-oh is almost too easy to hit. As a result, it is hard to get great/excellent since the ring is so huge and he's so close.

It definitely breathed a little life back into the raids. We had to split into two groups for the first time in several weeks.

We've had one Ho-Oh in our town so far.  10 showed up for it.  (Well, three of the phones were with me/my wife/my nephew.)

Caught mine @ 96% IV's!  Our car went 3/3, and my wife's was an 87%.  Not bad!

We've had one Ho-Oh in our town so far. 10 showed up for it. (Well,three of the phones were with me/my wife/my nephew.)

Caught mine @ 96% IV's! Our car went 3/3, and my wife's was an 87%. Not bad!
Damn, that's some good luck. I've caught 3 out of 4 now: 71%, 77%, and an 84% but with minimum attack. Yuck. Of course that one that got away would have been a 91% or so.

But doing all these legendary raids with double XP is boosting my level quickly. I just hit 38 Sunday and as of Tuesday night I'm already 1/10th of the way to 39.

I finally gave in and powered up one of my crappy Mewtwos (84%, but with 11 attack). With the double stardust I figured I had the leeway to do that. Plus I haven't been invited to an EX raid in like 2 months now so who knows when I'll get another one. I got it to 3289 and it's only level 30 or so (5000 stardust to power up). I could make it my highest CP Poke but I think I'll hold off on that. I'll just have to stick with my 3504 100% IV Dragonite for now ;). And that isn't even maxed out - can probably push it over 3600.

bread's done
Back