Pokemon Go

Weather system should be pretty cool...especially places like the Midwest where the weather can change really abruptly.

Still, that feels like something they should've had a launch.  We'll see how many bugs are included with the big update...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a 98% Groudon and I'm glad I did because I've had 2 over 2300 run from me recently.

My son and I went out hunting Gen 3 stuff a little.  Found our first Lotad today.

I also got a 98% Groudon. (Wish it was weather boosted.)

Why had Torchic been EVERYWHERE? Is it the same for you guys? I mean, I have three Blaziken’s already and Torchic still spawns like Pidgey the last several days.

I also got a 98% Groudon. (Wish it was weather boosted.)

Why had Torchic been EVERYWHERE? Is it the same for you guys? I mean, I have three Blaziken’s already and Torchic still spawns like Pidgey the last several days.
Yep Blaziken is my first final evo form of the starters. I am close on the other two but Treeko is the one we'd normally have around here and I saw a bunch of them early on. But since the Christmas event started there have been a lot of Torchic and Mudkip and I have more candy for those than for Treeko now.

I have been seeing them like crazy two but someone ran out of Pokeballs cause 200 CP PKMN like to jump out of great and Pokeballs and drove me crazy.

I only have one Ralts and I want a lot more.

May go Pokemon hunting this weekend with friends cause I need Groudon too.

No posts here in a while...

I got a 98% IV Lugia last night, and then snagged an 87% shiny Lugia!

I hit level 40 right after that double XP ended a week or so back.

I have a complete Pokédex, aside from the non US regionals. My Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokédex are both complete with each gender. I need a male Azurill (hatch) to be done with Gen 3.

Community Days have been very fun. Bulbasuar today is kinda “meh”, but oh well. Hoping we have an Unown or regional shift Community Day someday.

So quests came out...

I kinda dig it. Some of them are going to be time consuming (of course, I have less than 200 Magikarp candy and one of the challenges for Mew is to evolve a Magikarp into Gyarados). But I think a lot of them are really not that bad. 

I also got 2 shiny Lugia this weekend. I wasn't so high on Lugia coming back, but I'll take the shinies.

I got my Mew yesterday morning.  Was a bit disappointed to pull a 78% IV.  :/

My wife got her Mew late last night, and pulled a 96%.  Much, much better.

The Field Research is pretty fun, and I hope with Celebi they make it more challenging. 

I'm still on quest 5. I've got a couple ghosts left to get since my at-night playing has dropped lately. Once I finish that it's just... 200 karp candy left, since of course karp spawns here aren't common. I think for most people, the Mew quests will be difficult since a lot of people I've talked to, even the super hardcore people, didn't have a full Gyarados evolution saved up. 

My only concern is the time before it changes. Hopefully if a second mythical quest comes out, you can still get Mew. 

I'm prolly one of the last few still checking in here...lol.

Tried to get Go Fest tickets.  I had three computers and my cell phone, and never got through on any!

Very disappointed.  I'm sure I can't find tickets for a reasonable price now...but I'll still be keeping an eye out.  A Sprint store did a giveaway of tickets last year; maybe another one will do it this time and I'll get lucky.  :/

I'm still playing daily.  Just did another Mewtwo EX raid - and once again got a crappy one...

I also haven't been able to get any shinies from the last 2 events despite checking 100's of them.  For Meditite and Makuhita I kept count and had seen over 700 during the event - nada...  I did get 2 shiny Ho-ohs though.

I'm going to Europe in July - will finally get that stupid Mr Mime and then all I'm missing from Gen 1 is Kangaskhan.

Oh yeah I also started playing the Switch Pokémon Quest game that is "free to start".  It is good in small doses so I don't feel the need to spend any money on it.

I also went to an EX raid yesterday; my third.  I'm 3/3.  This one was a 91%, after already having an 87% and and 89%.  We can't trigger EX raids in my town.  The closest is a ways away, so I don't get many passes.

I did pretty well during the Adventure event.  Got three shiny Omanyte, three shiny Kabuto, one more shiny Aron (my third), and one shiny Ho-Oh.  Although I did a ton of Field Research and raids, I could not pull the Aerodactyl.  :/

I went ahead and "got gouged" for a Go Fest ticket on eBay.  They've started coming down in price some since Niantic sent out the email for the required information.  I think a friend of mine is also gonna try to snag a ticket.

Trading has brought a lot of people back into the game, it feels like.  Seen a lot more lower level accounts at some of our raids the last two days.

I'm heading to Europe next week and hope to come back with a bunch of Mr. Mime for trading.

Started playing again and noticed I was gaining XP like crazy and apparently there are bonus XPs going on until July 9th per PokemonGoLive

Until July 9, you’ll be able to enjoy 3× catch XP, 2× raid XP, and 3× hatch XP bonuses! Plus, Lucky Eggs will activate for twice as long, giving you a whole hour of bonus XP!
I got like 250,000 XP from my out of town trip and that usually takes like a month or two for me.

The event Pikachu is neat looking too with its hat and sunglasses.

Hit 26 Articuno raids with my wife and friend on Saturday.  I got one shiny.  He got three.  My wife didn't get a single shiny, though she'll be able to trade my friend for one.

Squirtle day was fun.  Got 8 shiny regular Squirtle and 7 shiny sunglasses Squirtle. 

Hatched three (so far) of the summer hat Pichu.

Go Fest coming up for me on Saturday!

This might be silly but one of the new Celebi quests needs me to get 3 new friends. 

Anyone still play this game and wants to exchange friend codes?

5052 4738 6742

I still play daily.  

Fair warning:  I have *a lot* of friends on my list, so I don't always send gifts daily.  I try my best though.

5052 4738 6742

I still play daily.

Fair warning: I have *a lot* of friends on my list, so I don't always send gifts daily. I try my best though.
I sent you a friend request! Don't worry about the gifts, I have more than enough items. I usually send a lot out though since I don't have many on my friends list yet, and I feel it's a waste to just throw them away.

Finally caught a Mewtwo from the raids! Had to do a good 5 raids until I could catch one. Now I just need that damn Khangaskhan and Mr. Mime to show up in these eggs.

I've never really did raids before with a group of random people, but they actually seemed cool about it when I asked if I could join in, and we cleared a good 3 raids in a 5 block radius.

Added you Rig. Heres mine if anyone wants to add
Added!

Well, I SOLOED a Moltres today!
I'm curious, what do those names mean where it says the % next to their type. I'm guessing Rock is their main moves, % is how close to max CP they are?

Still playing this daily, but I forgot about this thread.

I went to Europe for the first time since 1995 a few months back and came back with loads of Mr. Mime to trade.  Then stupid Niantic gave them away.  At least I got a few shinies from them before that happened.

Caught my 2nd Mewtwo!

But after hatching almost 50 7km eggs for the regional eggs event, I didn't end up getting a single Khangaskhan. I think I got 3 Mr. Mimes, 4 Far'Fetches, and 3 Tauros, as well as Alolan Vulpix, Tangela, Porygon, and a truckload of the other Alolan variants. That damn Khangaskhan...

I ended up with six Kangaskhan's and five Mr. Mime.  Best Mime was a 91% and best Kanga was ony 87%.  :/

(Some of) Sinnoh's out today!  I need them to release more storage upgrades!

Finally caught a Mewtwo from the raids! Had to do a good 5 raids until I could catch one. Now I just need that damn Khangaskhan and Mr. Mime to show up in these eggs.

I've never really did raids before with a group of random people, but they actually seemed cool about it when I asked if I could join in, and we cleared a good 3 raids in a 5 block radius.

Added!

I'm curious, what do those names mean where it says the % next to their type. I'm guessing Rock is their main moves, % is how close to max CP they are?
Sorry, I missed this post. What's your IGN?

As far as Moltres, my T-tar's were all Smack Down (Rock move) T-tar's and the % is their IV"s. Not related to CP. I had to have the CP's all maxed to make the solo happen!

I have several other T-tar's with dark moves that I named "Dark %" so I can find which group I need easily in my list.

Just started playing again if anyone wants to add me as a friend i try to send gifts daily i did add you macgruuber
Team instinct (yellow)

3818 4655 0507

I think I added all the codes I saw in here.  

This Halloween event has several shiny forms out there...and I've had the worst RNG.  Haven't seen a single shiny at all.

My wife has pulled two shinys, and 2-3 seems to be the norm for most people in my city.  

Here is my friend code, I’d like to add some folks to my trade pool as well, thanks.

1906 0600 6742

Sent invites to Rigd, Batman and Mac

TMG

Anybody got any tips for magikarp candy ibe only seen one since i started i have him as my buddy bit it takes forever to get 400 candy from just walking i have been to all the local water areas and nothing spawns im about an hour from any beach if i ever head that way ill make sure to go by and hunt down magikarps

Margikarp nests, and those rotate every two weeks (unless we get events that shake up the nests sooner).

I'd recommend the Silph Road Nest Atlas to find a neaby Margikarp nest.

We actually one have in my town right now, and every time I roll through that park, I see six or so Karp.

Thanks for info about silph road its has not got anything for my local area but i can start submitting for others

Still playing strong here... Rig and Z-Saber, we should exchange codes too. I'm currently upgrading my phone so I can't access mine but I'll get your guys' codes from here. Especially now with the PvP coming out.

Rig, please PM me your code.  Z-Saber, just sent you a request.  It's from Odibee.

Holy shit, managed to catch a shiny Latias. Idk how rare it is, but in the pokemon games shiny legendaries seemed insane to get. So that was pretty cool.

Holy shit, managed to catch a shiny Latias. Idk how rare it is, but in the pokemon games shiny legendaries seemed insane to get. So that was pretty cool.
Yeah definitely not as rare as in the main games but cool nonetheless. I think shiny rates for legendaries are supposed to be about 1 in 20? I managed to get 2 of them last weekend and caught a shiny Rattata (which has much lower odds) last night.

I have a newborn, so I don't get on as many raid trains as I used to.

Never ended up with the shiny Latias.  I prolly did 15 or so of the raids while she was around this time.

Hopefully, I can pocked a couple Latios when he has a go, and then trade one locally.

Feels like it's been a long while since I had a non Community Day shiny.  :/

Yesterday, I did get the shiny Latios.  Happy to have that one.

I got my first "lucky friend" too.  I think we're gonna trade shiny Lugia's for the guaranteed lucky trade.

Superswanton, we can go Best Friends when I open our next gift.  Do you want to coordinate a Lucky Egg?  Wouldn't want you to miss that XP.

Recently went on vacation to Curacao and managed to catch a Heracross and Corsola! It was pretty crazy since there was little wifi and no data, and I had to search everywhere for it, even when sight-seeing and enjoying the locale. But finally found them during one of the last days of the trip. First time I've caught a regional like that and it felt pretty amazing.

Superswanton, we can go Best Friends when I open our next gift. Do you want to coordinate a Lucky Egg? Wouldn't want you to miss that XP.
Ah, I missed this comment, but it's alright, I'm actually not too focused on XP lately and just trying to fill up the pokedex. Especially with the recent surge of Sinnoh pokemon.

I've also missed a lot of legendaries raids lately, still missing Heatran, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, and Origin Giratina.

Went to Go Fest last week.  Had a lot of fun.  I've been to all three of the Chicago Go Fests, and this one seemed to be the best organized.

At this point in game, I'm really just wanting some Gible.  Haven't hatched one, and haven't found any of his line in the wild.  Still trying to complete my "luckdex".  

I'm level 40x3 these days, and aside from the Gible line and a couple regionals, I have everything in the dex so far.  (Missing some Unowns also.)

I would love to be able to go to go fest one day the closest I get to meeting other players is seeing them attack a gym in the same neighborhood

bread's done
Back