Portal 2 FREE DLC OUT NOW!

My relationship with Wheatley:
-lol Wheatley
-You are my best friend Wheatley
-WHEATLEY!? NOOOOOOOOO!
-You're alive! This is the greatest day ever.
-You're not going to turn evil when I plug you in, are you?
-fuck YOU WHEATLEY
-lol Wheatley
-I forgive you Wheatley

I bought the PS3 version so I could give the Steam copy to a friend of mine and play co-op with him. Also bought MK on PS3 because I have a friend who plays online on PS3. First two times I've ever bought mutliplatform games on PS3 and now that the PSN has been down for 2+ days I'm kicking myself.

Is co-op really awesome?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Is co-op really awesome?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This game doesn't come with any bullshit Day 1 DLC or online pass does it? Thinking about looking for a cheap used copy.[/QUOTE]

Definitely get it.

Just wrapped up the single player. Hands down, awesome game and ending. It's rare to end smiling in a game. Usually the end of games are more like a relief (Dead Space 2) or a sad reality (Bioshock) or confusing (Crysis 2)... Portal 2 was plain enjoyable. I almost wish I could erase the memory and do it fresh again. Anyways, I can't wait to fire up some coop.

portal 2 gives me a headache. i have no problems playing call of duty, counterstrike, team fortress games. half life, portal, mirror's edge... they all give me a headache. theres this word for this sickness. does it happen to anyone?

I'm really loving the SP so far. I have played MP some with some randoms and really enjoyed it. If any CAG wants to play MP tonight just let me know.

Just finished the SP about an hour ago. Absolutely incredible. This was my most anticipated game of this year (maybe of this generation), and I'm stunned that, as crazily hyped as I was for it, Portal 2 still managed to exceed my expectations on every level. The ending was epic.
I wanted to pick up the Companion Cube and head off into the wheatfield and see where I'd come out. I think it's just because, in Portal 2's universe, I always want to see what comes next.

Writing, voice acting and level design just don't get any better than this. I know there are still a lot of huge games coming out this year, but I think I just played my GOTY. Going to dive into co-op with my son tomorrow. Can't wait.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Anybody know where to get any music from the game?[/QUOTE]
There are plenty of places where people have extracted the music and made it available for download. I would think they'd release an official OST eventually, though.

[quote name='trunks982']portal 2 gives me a headache. i have no problems playing call of duty, counterstrike, team fortress games. half life, portal, mirror's edge... they all give me a headache. theres this word for this sickness. does it happen to anyone?[/QUOTE]

Umm... your sentences are a bit confusing, but I know from experience that Half Life 2 on the PC and even with the Orange Box on Xbox360 gave me more of a head strain than usual. They used a funny aspect ratio or some sort of warping on the edges that was the cause. I didn't experience it as much in Portal 2 but I think it is still there... from time to time I would notice that it gives off a feeling of looking through a lens at the world instead of just normal vision.

I'm one of those weirdo's that gets nauseas and/or a headache from FPS'. It's motion sickness in varying degrees. Mine has become better over the years and I didn't even notice it in Halo Reach or Bulletstorm. I am noticing it in P2, though. I can play for about an hour or so before I have to call it quits. It's all in how fast your in-game movement is. If it's slower = symptoms aren't as bad.

But, sometimes it's worth it. Portal 2 is such a case.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm one of those weirdo's that gets nauseas and/or a headache from FPS'. It's motion sickness in varying degrees. Mine has become better over the years and I didn't even notice it in Halo Reach or Bulletstorm. I am noticing it in P2, though. I can play for about an hour or so before I have to call it quits. It's all in how fast your in-game movement is. If it's slower = symptoms aren't as bad.

But, sometimes it's worth it. Portal 2 is such a case.[/QUOTE]

take some dramamine?

also I really love that in chapter select after beating the game you can just watch the credits again, also the menu screen after you beat the game is awesome

edit: finished up my last single player achievements 45/50 right now just gotta mop up some co-op tricky ones

can't wait to play through with commentary later this week

Last edited by a moderator:
dramamine doesn't work for me. When halo 3 came out, i pounded verners ginger ale because ginger is a natural cure. didn't really work, but it's a fun memory. I drank a shit ton of verners.....

Anyway, I'm a pokey gamer and I just got to chapter 6. I can't think of one game with such a fantastic story. Great stuff.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']dramamine doesn't work for me. When halo 3 came out, i pounded verners ginger ale because ginger is a natural cure. didn't really work, but it's a fun memory. I drank a shit ton of verners.....

Anyway, I'm a pokey gamer and I just got to chapter 6. I can't think of one game with such a fantastic story. Great stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm only at chapter 4. I'm pokey-er then you. I can see why this game would cause motion sickness. The use of a fisheye camera view, I think that's what it is, has to be trouble. I actually don't care for that myself either, but it doesn't make me queasy, fortunately.

I have only one friend who has Portal and he has beaten the game and then we played Co-op together. I need to get the achievement for playing with another person who has not played co-op yet. The first stages are quick, but my question is whether or not there is someone out there on the 360 version who would be willing to help me out with this achievement. If so, I would be willing to help you out with the co-op or other co-op achievements.

I also need the achievement for hugging 3 friends. Anyone want to be friends and hug?

If interested in helping me with either, please send a FR to GT: Retom7, or send me a PM here or msg on the Xbox. I would definately appreciate it!

I'm looking for a coop virgin to get Professor Portal... but I might just make a fake account and use that, I really think the achievement is dumb as shit.

I just started last night. I'm in
Chapter 2 and about 2 hours in (4/22)
. It doesn't seem short to me. I can't say enough great things about this game so far - it is basically perfect so far.

[quote name='nnthomas']I'm looking for a co-op virgin for Professor Portal... meaning you havent touched it yet. Message my gamertag... thanks.[/QUOTE]I haven't played co-op at all yet.

[quote name='theredworm']$60?[/QUOTE]

Yes, $60 cash. I realize that $60 may be an unprecedented windfall for you, but don't go spending it all on tattered hats and beard dirt.

[quote name='bs000']Yes, $60 cash. I realize that $60 may be an unprecedented windfall for you, but don't go spending it all on tattered hats and beard dirt.[/QUOTE]

my questioning $60 was more why would that person look like they are paying $60 to have someone play a game with them

wtf you talking about tattered hats and beard dirt?

[quote name='theredworm']my questioning $60 was more why would that person look like they are paying $60 to have someone play a game with them

wtf you talking about tattered hats and beard dirt?[/QUOTE]We want the best and the brightest. And that's you.

No, no, couldn't say that with a straight face.

He's not just offering you $60 to play with him, he's also offering you an extra $60 if you let him take you apart and put you back together.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']He's not just offering you $60 to play with him, he's also offering you an extra $60 if you let him take you apart and put you back together.[/QUOTE]

That is correct. If you are interested in an additional $60, all you have to do is allow me to disassemble you, put a bunch of science stuff inside you, and reassemble you, good as new.

[quote name='bs000']That is correct. If you are interested in an additional $60, all you have to do is allow me to disassemble you, put a bunch of science stuff inside you, and reassemble you, good as new.[/QUOTE]A few new organs, spit shine on the rest, and we'll remove any tumors we find. You should be paying us.

I just got to Chapter 4 last night... I'm starting to think that maybe the game is a little short. I've been playing just about 3 hours so far and none of the rooms have been all that challenging so far.

[quote name='Javery']I just got to Chapter 4 last night... I'm starting to think that maybe the game is a little short. I've been playing just about 3 hours so far and none of the rooms have been all that challenging so far.[/QUOTE]

That's my one small gripe about the game. It's pretty easy compared to Portal 1, especially if you've run through coop first and know how all the new mechanics work. I can understand it with a lot of new people starting the series with this game. That's what DLC is for I guess. The game is really short, I think I beat it in around 5 hours. You're less than half-way through though.

The single player is way easier than Portal 1. Some of the rooms may make you think a bit more to figure it out, but once you do, the execution is cake. The first game had way more timing based puzzles, jumping on moving platforms and avoiding energy balls.

That's the lesson I learned. [LESSON DELETED]

If anyone else is looking for someone to help them get the Professor Portal achievement, I haven't played co-op yet and would be willing to help. Here's the downside, though: It would need to be tomorrow morning between 6:00-8:30 a.m. EST. I work an overnight shift; I get home at 6:00 and go to bed around 8:30. Tomorrow afternoon I plan on starting co-op with my son.

If that very small window works for anyone, pm me here. I'll check CAG before I start playing anything in the morning.

I also haven't started the cooperative game yet, so please let me know if you need that achievement. Message me soon as I definitely plan on starting it tomorrow.

bread's done
Back