Potentially Big Metal Gear News

neonglow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
nazo.jpg

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

It's been 6 months since the release so the exclusive period may be coming to an end!

Taken from NeoGAF.

A Next Metal Gear? That statement doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing the last part means Go, but the first part...engrish at its' finest.

MGO .. please no... lol

it look like the xbox 360 console power button when turned on...

I wouldn't be shocked if this happen.. MGS has popped on xbox and even gamecube before.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

KONAMI ANNOUNCES KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS TEAM FOR XBOX 360
Two Blockbuster Titles Already Under Development

OSAKA – Konami Digital Entertainment – Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as "Kojima X Productions" inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima "X" Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX®360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

Updates regarding Kojima Productions will be posted periodically on the following website: Kojima Productions Official Homepage: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/.

About Konami Corporation
Konami Corporation is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment - America can be found at www.konami.com/gs.

edit: I saw this was already posted in general gaming. My bad.

In the link for it it says MGST, I'm guessing this goes back to that Metal Gear Solid Transcendence thing a few months ago. Or whatever it was called.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Dear geicos27: You have been completely trolled by NeoGAF. Please cease your attempts to report gaming news.[/quote]

Just like Denis Dyack, owned by NeoGAF.:lol::lol::lol:

Honestly, if this were for the PC, there would be no reason to hype it. Konami, along with everyone else, knows that it's 360 or bust for MGS.

If the Green Light is indeed meant for Microsoft's Xbox 360, then Sony PlayStation 3 now have a Red Light, or to be more precise;

Sony's Red Ring of Death.

Hopefully this has nothing to do with MGO, which gave me a severe case of the AIDS on the Playstation 3.

[quote name='Brak']Hopefully this has nothing to do with MGO, which gave me a severe case of the AIDS on the Playstation 3.[/quote]

I agree with this statement.

It's an anagram for Metal Gear EX: Saint

The two exclamation marks indicate the setting will be in a Latin American country, and the power button symbolizes power.

Putting this all together, I can only imagine that the next Metal Gear project focuses on a priest infiltrating a power company in Brazil.

Konami was really tricky, but thankfully I was here to decipher their message.

And here I was hoping that Konami was going to use the Metal Gear mechanics in a console adaptation of the smash hit, The Saint.

cover.w200.jpg

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's an anagram for Metal Gear EX: Saint

The two exclamation marks indicate the setting will be in a Latin American country, and the power button symbolizes power.

Putting this all together, I can only imagine that the next Metal Gear project focuses on a priest infiltrating a power company in Brazil.

Konami was really tricky, but thankfully I was here to decipher their message.[/quote]

[quote name='benjamouth']Does it really matter anymore, if anyone was buying a PS3 for MGS4 they've surely bought it by now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it would have no impact on console sales.

Just away for Konami to make more money and for 360 only owners to play the game.

I think that whatever materializes out of this (I think it's Metal Gear Acid because of the first i), we can safely say that Kojima is the biggest cockteaser in the gaming industry.

[quote name='Brak']Hopefully this has nothing to do with MGO, which gave me a severe case of the AIDS on the Playstation 3.[/quote]

you're lucky you got off with only AIDS. The last 3 acts of MGS4 gave me the clap as well.

MGS4 Sub-something with actual gameplay or no thx kojima

Kind of weird wording, I agree with KingBroly. "A Next Metal Gear is..."

Is that some engrish, or something on purpose?

Or maybe related to this?
300px-A_Next_10.JPG

Maybe a Metal Gear vs. Marvel crossover fighting game!!

[quote name='geicos27']http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

KONAMI ANNOUNCES KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS TEAM FOR XBOX 360
Two Blockbuster Titles Already Under Development

OSAKA – Konami Digital Entertainment – Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as "Kojima X Productions" inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima "X" Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX®360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

Updates regarding Kojima Productions will be posted periodically on the following website: Kojima Productions Official Homepage: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/.

About Konami Corporation
Konami Corporation is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment - America can be found at www.konami.com/gs.

edit: I saw this was already posted in general gaming. My bad.[/quote]

Please tell me this is an april fools joke....please?
Im feeling more outraged than the people who bought the LE MGS4 PS3, DAMN YOU Konami.

That is a joke from NeoGaf over a year and a half ago. Notice the January 11, 2007 date in there?

Another victim to NeoGaf I suppose.

Things I take from it...

The first inverted exclamation point is used in Spanish as well as many other romance languages. I doubt that is significant. Also, there's no juicy clues hidden in the page source.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Things I take from it...

The first inverted exclamation point is used in Spanish as well as many other romance languages. I doubt that is significant. Also, there's no juicy clues hidden in the page source.[/quote]

As others elsewhere have mentioned, the inverted exclamation could just be the letter i, as in iPhone, Nintendo DSi, or the Wii (although the latter being more of a stretch). Seems this can be linked to any game platform out there.

[quote name='infinitepez']As others elsewhere have mentioned, the inverted exclamation could just be the letter i, as in iPhone, Nintendo DSi, or the Wii (although the latter being more of a stretch). Seems this can be linked to any game platform out there.[/quote]

But it's green man?!!?!

[quote name='infinitepez']As others elsewhere have mentioned, the inverted exclamation could just be the letter i, as in iPhone, Nintendo DSi, or the Wii (although the latter being more of a stretch). Seems this can be linked to any game platform out there.[/quote]

Out of those three platforms, the Wii is the likeliest candidate. I sincerely doubt they would create a game specifically designed for the iPhone or a DSi exclusive.

It is a toss up between the Wii and 360. Hopefully, it's for the 360 simply because I will not ever buy a Wii.

[quote name='Brak']Hopefully this has nothing to do with MGO, which gave me a severe case of the AIDS on the Playstation 3.[/QUOTE]
Playing MGO gave you AIDS? Are you sure that the MGO you're talking about is the same one others are talking about?

I don't give a shit what console but it better be Ac!d.

if the last logo isn't a system I say it's Metal Gear Acid Online (Different title most likely). Why?

- Acid Exclamation

- Global Symbol (the circle... though yeah, it's more like a power sign)

- Green is the new color for the game since yellow was the last one.

I wonder if the initial i refers to something coming for the iPhone considering that MGS4 had a iPod and Macbook Pros in the game (it's obvious they're fans of Apple) and also considering the iPhone just launched in Japan. Then again, the last symbol does look like it ties back to the 360.

Hope we find out soon.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't give a shit what console but it better be Ac!d.

if the last logo isn't a system I say it's Metal Gear Acid Online (Different title most likely). Why?

- Acid Exclamation

- Global Symbol (the circle... though yeah, it's more like a power sign)

- Green is the new color for the game since yellow was the last one.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post that I wanted it to be MGA3 :lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']you're lucky you got off with only AIDS. The last 3 acts of MGS4 gave me the clap as well.

MGS4 Sub-something with actual gameplay or no thx kojima[/QUOTE]
I didn't make it that far. I wanted to beat MGS3 before I got too far into MGS4, but I never got around to it.
[quote name='torifile']Playing MGO gave you AIDS? Are you sure that the MGO you're talking about is the same one others are talking about?[/QUOTE]
That shitty / laggy / boring / unbalanced / archaic gamplay MGO? Yeah. That one.

I got back into playing MGO. Yea it isn't the best, but I did enjoy playing it with my friend. Too many glitchers playing it though. Real annoying. I just enjoy it's not a fps like every other popular online shooter around.

bread's done
Back