Potentially Big Metal Gear News

Maybe both ACiD games repackaged and released on XBLA? I wish. :( Or even Portable ops redone and put on XBLA and PSN.

I just want something MGS related released on XBLA or Wiiware.

The only Metal Gear Solid game I could see coming to XBLA is the original MGS because of the size issues. Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, as well as Portable Ops also kinda fall into this size trap (maybe?)

But as many people have noted, it says mgst, not mgs4_t like mgs2_sub or whatever it is.

[quote name='Persona7']Maybe both ACiD games repackaged and released on XBLA? I wish. :( Or even Portable ops redone and put on XBLA and PSN.

I just want something MGS related released on XBLA or Wiiware.[/quote]

all those would be win.

If it's for the IPhone all I imagine is basically the whole game taking place on a CODEC screen and you have to scream as much non coherent nonsense as possible to a person on the other line of the CODEC.

I also agree that its Metal Gear Acid Mobile for the iPhone. The cell-phone version won the Best Mobile Game at What Mobile awards just last month.

After watching this video I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with the Acid series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfGMSRs9Hnw&feature=related

The opening and closing uses the exclamation point symbol prominetly, so I think that solves part of the riddle.

The "i" part of the riddle could easily be for the iPhone, or even possibly for the new DSi. But my money's on the iPhone.

ZOMG! The image has been updated!!

rings.gif
haha, j/k.

Anything to do with Metal Gear would be great, no matter what platform it is on. Well, minus anything to do with cellphones, because I don't have that can play games. I would actually love to see a new Ac!d game. I know a lot of people don't like the series, and I am by no means a fan of card games, but I had a load of fun with both games.

As for MGO, I don't know where all the hate is coming from. MGO is great. It's something very different. It's not, "Oh, let's all run out into the open, and whoever has the twitchest fingers wins." It's a load of fun getting the drop on people, using traps, etc. Both versions are easily in my personal top online games ever, especially Subsistence MGO. MGS4 MGO was a slight disappointment, just because it didn't feel like that big of a jump from the original. Still, I easily put in a month with it and will probably return, if I start hitting a lull in games that interest me.

So, is this officially(a.k.a. Konami) confirmed to be what the "A New Metal Gear Is...." thing was about?

[quote name='BlueSwim']So, is this officially(a.k.a. Konami) confirmed to be what the "A New Metal Gear Is...." thing was about?[/QUOTE]Yup, it's an iPhone game. Konami announced that, DDR, Silent Hill, and Frogger for iPhone.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']
How are they going to fit all those cutscenes on a 360 disc? I'm guessing it'll come in 3, if it does come...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, of course it would just be on multiple discs if it ever came to the 360.

I still think it will eventually. Though I don't care as I don't like the series much any more--couldn't get into MGS2 and never played MGS3. My patience for stealth gameplay is pretty much gone.

[quote name='Malik112099']Multiple disks on the 360 wouldnt have even mattered anymore with the install option on NXE[/quote]

Then you're getting into arguments about space on the hard drive and install times. Let's not go there, shall we?

... it's not a xbox360 symbol. That's there ad for the new soda in japan >.> it has nothing to do with next metal gear game or Xbox 360 version of MGS4 nor next MG

[quote name='Malik112099']Multiple disks on the 360 wouldnt have even mattered anymore with the install option on NXE[/QUOTE]

you are assuming everyone got more than 20gb, plus you still need to swap disc

It'll probably come to the 360 eventually. I rather take disc swapping over the install and than install between chapters. That was annoying.

[quote name='62t']you are assuming everyone got more than 20gb, plus you still need to swap disc[/quote]

60gb is the new standard and once the game is installed you would probably only need to have disk #1 in...so no disk swapping.

You're wrong. You need each individual disc to play it, even if it's on the hard drive. Ask Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, etc.

Could they not have you install extra discs like a PC game? A possibility. I know they haven't done it for any multiple disc games yet, just saying.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Weaksauce.

So fucking obvious they did it on purpose, too. They knew how much attention they'd get from the copious 360-hinting.[/quote]
Yeah I don't even like the Metal Gear franchise but having the teaser in 360 green was a pretty mean thing to do to people who want it on the 360.

bread's done
Back