Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I dumped it for 21 even though I usually don't like doing that sort of thing. I'm getting Infinity and I wanted all the preorer extras.
Wouldn't it have been better to sell it on eBay or Craigslist? I see them going for mid $40s on Ebay, and the same is probably true for Craigslist--just without fees. I never understand why people on a site like this would choose to bend over and say hello to Gamestop like that lol.

Wouldn't it have been better to sell it on eBay or Craigslist? I see them going for mid $40s on Ebay, and the same is probably true for Craigslist--just without fees. I never understand why people on a site like this would choose to bend over and say hello to Gamestop like that lol.
Put up some items on CAG and you'll quickly know why. Like if you tried to sell one on here, then you'll probably see one of the following happen.

1) Well a lot of people got these for $30 and yours is used, so I'll give you $25 shipped.

2) Well these are going for $40 on eBay, so once you remove paypal / eBay fees that is like $35, so I'll give you $32 shipped.

3) I'll give you $20 shipped cause that game will drop fast.

CL would probably be very similar, though more of a hassle as finding buyers isn't as easy as other things. eBay would be worth it, but you have a listing fee (like $1 dollar, though now I suppose it's possible to do for free) and then you pay a fee on what you make, which is 10%. So if it sells for $40, then you just made $36 dollars. Then you pay like 1.46 to Paypal, so you're down to $34.54 in profit. Then there is shipping fees (if you did free shipping, then you lose like another $5), driving to / dealing with USPS, and of course all the anti-seller policies on eBay / PayPal that can easily result in you losing money... and it really just seems like less of a hassle to drive like 1 mile to score $20 dollars, than doing the whole eBay thing for an extra $10 dollars.

Put up some items on CAG and you'll quickly know why. Like if you tried to sell one on here, then you'll probably see one of the following happen.

1) Well a lot of people got these for $30 and yours is used, so I'll give you $25 shipped.

2) Well these are going for $40 on eBay, so once you remove paypal / eBay fees that is like $35, so I'll give you $32 shipped.

CL would probably be very similar, though more of a hassle as finding buyers isn't as easy as other things. eBay would be worth it, but you have a listing fee (like $1 dollar, though now I suppose it's possible to do for free) and then you pay a fee on what you make, which is 10%. So if it sells for $40, then you just made $36 dollars. Then you pay like 1.46 to Paypal, so you're down to $34.54 in profit. Then there is shipping fees (if you did free shipping, then you lose like another $5), driving to / dealing with USPS, and of course all the anti-seller policies on eBay / PayPal that can easily result in you losing money... and it really just seems like less of a hassle to drive like 1 mile to score $20 dollars, than doing the whole eBay thing for an extra $10 dollars.
CAG is free though, and ebay offers the same "offer a price" option on options if you choose that. I prefer to buy from CAG as the prices are more reasonable (most of the time); I'm biding my time with this game however. I believe lots of people will be flipping this after beating it once (which does not take all that long).

I've been actively doing business on CAG, eBay, and Craigslist for years and years and years. A lot of what you say is 'true', but it's also quite hyperbolic. In reality, he could list it on ebay, get $40-45 for it, charge $3 for shipping, and print out a nice label to send it off with. I'm also quite sure that there is a post office somewhere closely within the same driving distance that Gamestop is.

As for Craigslist, yeah, you will get lowballers. It's really, really easy to not respond to an email, though. You can also send a short response, which will surely take no more than 60 seconds of your life. These services really aren't that hard to use. Ebay would likely have made him between your quoted amount and an additional $5 or so dollars past that. It's very little hassle and free money--when compared to going to Gamestop.

One can rationalize the Gamestop trade-in behavior all they want. The fact remains that there are easy to use services which are free to use (ebay only charges for things sold, unless you have an extravagant listing) that will net you more money. Even if it was at bare bones $10 extra--which is less than your math added to, but we'll go with your example anyway--that would still be nearly 50% more. You seem to take any chance you can get to play devil's advocate or 'edumacate' people on things. Sometimes, though, it's better to not defend the behavior in question and go have a cookie instead. ;)

I've been actively doing business on CAG, eBay, and Craigslist for years and years and years. A lot of what you say is 'true', but it's also quite hyperbolic. In reality, he could list it on ebay, get $40-45 for it, charge $3 for shipping, and print out a nice label to send it off with. I'm also quite sure that there is a post office somewhere closely within the same driving distance that Gamestop is.

As for Craigslist, yeah, you will get lowballers. It's really, really easy to not respond to an email, though. You can also send a short response, which will surely take no more than 60 seconds of your life. These services really aren't that hard to use. Ebay would likely have made him between your quoted amount and an additional $5 or so dollars past that. It's very little hassle and free money--when compared to going to Gamestop.

One can rationalize the Gamestop trade-in behavior all they want. The fact remains that there are easy to use services which are free to use (ebay only charges for things sold, unless you have an extravagant listing) that will net you more money. Even if it was at bare bones $10 extra--which is less than your math added to, but we'll go with your example anyway--that would still be nearly 50% more. You seem to take any chance you can get to play devil's advocate or 'edumacate' people on things. Sometimes, though, it's better to not defend the behavior in question and go have a cookie instead. ;)
I'm happy someone realizes I am usually playing devil's advocate.

Obviously this will all differ from person to person, but my point was largely that some people want instant gratification and anything extra is just not worth it. I also believe some people like giftcards because they rationalize it as "free" money, which is extremely common on CAG. God knows I've seen at least 100 posts with people who say something like "Killer deal! I got this for $1 dollar because I had 10 gift cards and $20 in RZ credit."

I'm happy someone realizes I am usually playing devil's advocate.

Obviously this will all differ from person to person, but my point was largely that some people want instant gratification and anything extra is just not worth it. I also believe some people like giftcards because they rationalize it as "free" money, which is extremely common on CAG. God knows I've seen at least 100 posts with people who say something like "Killer deal! I got this for $1 dollar because I had 10 gift cards and $20 in RZ credit."
Oh, you are totally correct on that. That is the mindset people get in. And I hate it when people call gift cards free money; it's even worse when it's trade in credit. I took your defense of the behavior to be you condoning it, or ascribing some kind of logical or reasonable foundation for it. I completely agree with you that these are the mindsets that drive people to do these things; I just find it idiotic and was calling it out as such.

Trading in bulk to Best Buy or GameStop is so much easier and quicker than selling online. The extra money you make is likely eaten up by that extra time and effort you put in.

If it's just one game though, I understand.

Thanks, I dumped it for 21 even though I usually don't like doing that sort of thing. I'm getting Infinity and I wanted all the preorer extras.
If you had waited 3 days, could've got $31.50 for it (barring them dropping the TIV) with the 50% Playcation coupon they're giving out free right now. Probably stacks with PUR for even more heh.

I am going to throw my 2 cents into this. I can't be the only one who has a great working relationship with my local GS. I know I have traded some games in that I could have otherwise gotten much better deals on, BUT, I have also gotten very good service and perks being a VIP customer of theirs. For instance, if I say "hey could you hold any used version for me of The Last of Us for me?" and get a call three days after it was released, I am a happy customer. I know they have some shady practices, but that for me is a corporate thing, and not relevant to the awesome staff. I figure its karma, I give them a good deal every once in a while and they turn a blind eye when I use the B-Day coupon 20 times.

I should mention that after having played more of the game... online sucks. So if you're still on the fence for it, wait it out till $30 or below, since the best experience is gonna be either couch co-op with a buddy or two or playing it solo. Don't worry about missing out on the online community.

There's no way to communicate with other players, and after about four different parties I realized it was a horribly inefficient mess. High-level grinding runs with everyone might be playable, but unless everyone's already pathing the same, you're gonna run into people going slowly, picking up every last irrelevant coin, or speeding past all the treasure chests just to get to the end. Not impressive.

I should mention that after having played more of the game... online sucks. So if you're still on the fence for it, wait it out till $30 or below, since the best experience is gonna be either couch co-op with a buddy or two or playing it solo. Don't worry about missing out on the online community.

There's no way to communicate with other players, and after about four different parties I realized it was a horribly inefficient mess. High-level grinding runs with everyone might be playable, but unless everyone's already pathing the same, you're gonna run into people going slowly, picking up every last irrelevant coin, or speeding past all the treasure chests just to get to the end. Not impressive.
i could not even connect to a game, lol

FYI I sold my copy for $41.00 on eBay yesterday. I am not upset considering I got my use out of the game and if I ever decide to play it again it will be in the future when the price has probably dropped significantly.

got my BBY artbook in the mail today. Scuffed to hell but at least i have extras  from my amazon and GS orders. I guess this will be my reading copy.

Does anyone know what the voice pack DLC thats free does?

Question - If you purchased the game and artbook from GS - Couldn't you just return the game and not the artbook? Is there anything on the receipt that says it came with the artbook? I don't see anything on the receipt mentioning the artbook.

Question - If you purchased the game and artbook from GS - Couldn't you just return the game and not the artbook? Is there anything on the receipt that says it came with the artbook? I don't see anything on the receipt mentioning the artbook.
Technically no.

Any intelligent employee will notice however and give you a dirty look and maybe even a comment, though no they cannot do anything.

I would be lying if I said I have never done this with preorder DLC which is essentially unlimited to an extent. I would feel a bit wrong doing it with a physical preorder incentive however.

But there's no way in knowing, correct? I mean, if you never preordered the game but purchased after it was released and just so happened to get an artbook, how would that raise a red flag. I could see if the receipt showed as preorder, but the game was purchased after it was released.

I've had the game on PS3 since launch basically and need to get back into it, I've been busy and now also have Blacklist.

I just can't decide if I want the vita version too. I have this $5 off coupon to use on amazon by tomorrow and figure dragons crown vita could be a good addition.

Was always gonna wait for a cheap AWD find, but none so far and I go back to school tomorrow and figured I could play that while I have down time between classes...

Decisions...

bread's done
Back