Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to play online co-op with me? My PSN ID is the same as my CAG name: JoePianist
I'll add you, my name's same as CAG too: EldritchOnRye. I hear you have to play four to eight hours into the game to unlock online play though.

Hm...I pre-ordered from Amazon too, I hope that glue doesn't cause too much of a problem.
Didn't damage the book any, though it won't come off the plastic wrap on the game, just a word of warning so no one bends up their book or something.

Picked mine up, got a 3rd book because the store had too many lol.

Either way my PSN is SgtWiggles. Likely gonna go Elf or one of the magic users

I picked up both the Vita and PS3 copies at my GS today. I will say that the art book is a very nice free item and I am impressed as it is very good quality. The art inside is amazing, but as some have already said before, it is not a glossy finish as far as the pages are concerned. With that said, it is a nice free addition that will sit right next to my Xenoblade and other free art books. I am very lucky as I live in South Florida and I was the only person at my store as well as the local chains to get this art book and other stores were calling my store on behalf of their customers looking for this book. I guess people were overlooking this game in favor of Tales of Xillia and did not bother to pre-order it or just thought there would be extra books available for some reason. The only issue I have is that this game was destined to be a cross play game if there was ever a game that was perfectly designed for that. Oh well, I can live with that omission as I am really looking forward to playing this game.

Picked up my preorder from Best Buy this morning. Didn't come with an artbook. It seemed like I was the only one who preordered it too at my store since they said they only received one copy and it came in a small UPS package. CS took a while to contact their warehouse and said that the problem lies with Atlus, the manufacturer, rather than Best Buy itself. They told me they'd send a call and email to Atlus to see if they can get an artbook for me, but I have low expectations of this.

However, I did receive a $20 giftcard for waiting for them to resolve the problem, which I did not expect at all. Artbook or not, I'm happy.

Got my Vita copy from Amazon. Book came glued to the game but came off clean and easy without damaging the cover. It starts off with four pages dedicated to each character, one page of which is sprite poses (nice!). The middle has various characters, locations, and enemies. The end is guest art which is awesome but unfortunately only six pages. They could easily do an entire book of just this art. Overall a nice pre-order promo that I wouldn't mind seeing more games include.

Looking forward to playing but need to finish Muramasa first. My psn id is lilman1227 if anyone want to add me for coop.

IS the artbook THAT COOL?!?!  It looks nice, but could someone post what the inside looks like so I have an idea of what it actually is?  And like how many pages.

I never preordered because I was hoping to get a dinged from AWD for cheaper....however, I will be able to get an artbook from a local GS tomorrow morning...just can't decide if its worth paying full price.  THANKS!

IS the artbook THAT COOL?!?! It looks nice, but could someone post what the inside looks like so I have an idea of what it actually is? And like how many pages.

I never preordered because I was hoping to get a dinged from AWD for cheaper....however, I will be able to get an artbook from a local GS tomorrow morning...just can't decide if its worth paying full price. THANKS!
64 pages long and it's nice but I would much rather have that $20 GC the one person got.

IS the artbook THAT COOL?!?! It looks nice, but could someone post what the inside looks like so I have an idea of what it actually is? And like how many pages.

I never preordered because I was hoping to get a dinged from AWD for cheaper....however, I will be able to get an artbook from a local GS tomorrow morning...just can't decide if its worth paying full price. THANKS!
I posted a pic of the inside.

It's 64 pages. Like 24 of them are devoted to each character and just a bunch of random poses. Another few pages show a small selection of the enemies. There is a single picture of the DC version, 2 pages of scenery, 2 pages of things to cook, pointless pages like table of contents and finally some bonus art. The paper is cheap and the book feels fairly low quality. Good for free, but it could have easily been better.

64 pages long and it's nice but I would much rather have that $20 GC the one person got.

Lol, I'm a doofus...I've read the title of this thread a million times to know its 64 pages idk why I asked lol. But yea....would love to score a $20 GC!!!

Had this preordered over a year before any announcement of the artbook on newegg and didn't get the art book are you kidding me?
Maybe my memory deceives me but I think Atlus listed Newegg as one of the retailers that would be offering the art book from pre-ordering too.

Maybe my memory deceives me but I think Atlus listed Newegg as one of the retailers that would be offering the art book from pre-ordering too.
They just had a page that said preorder and showed the artbook. If you read a lot of the topics earlier, you would see people were worried about whither or not they would get it, so people stuck with Amazon / GS.

And in addition to that, the Atlus PR guy said on the PS Blog Newegg "should" have the art book.

But my advice is never order from Newegg when a game has bonus stuff.

Picked up my copy For PS3 this morning. Got the art book as well. Was going to switch to the Vita version or get both, but was told they only got enough Vita copies to cover preorders. Oh well, I'll find that version later.

Sierra_night is my PSN name if anyone wants to team up.

And in addition to that, the Atlus PR guy said on the PS Blog Newegg "should" have the art book.

But my advice is never order from Newegg when a game has bonus stuff.
Ya that sucks even more then if you pre-ordered from Newegg thinking it would be.

And I agree with you guys about pre-orderers beware if you're expecting a bonus item from Newegg. This being a prime example of something being all but 100% confirmed and in actuallity it appears to not be the case.

I picked up both the Vita and PS3 copies at my GS today. I will say that the art book is a very nice free item and I am impressed as it is very good quality. The art inside is amazing, but as some have already said before, it is not a glossy finish as far as the pages are concerned. With that said, it is a nice free addition that will sit right next to my Xenoblade and other free art books. I am very lucky as I live in South Florida and I was the only person at my store as well as the local chains to get this art book and other stores were calling my store on behalf of their customers looking for this book. I guess people were overlooking this game in favor of Tales of Xillia and did not bother to pre-order it or just thought there would be extra books available for some reason. The only issue I have is that this game was destined to be a cross play game if there was ever a game that was perfectly designed for that. Oh well, I can live with that omission as I am really looking forward to playing this game.
I'm in South Florida too. What store was this? Also the amazon orders have the book attached to the games shrinkwrap?

They just had a page that said preorder and showed the artbook. If you read a lot of the topics earlier, you would see people were worried about whither or not they would get it, so people stuck with Amazon / GS.
Unfortunately I can not prove this, but after the announcement was made for the artbook bonus, I'd almost be willing to bet that I saw Newegg actually have the artbook listed as a pre-order bonus on their order page. I really wish I had screened it at the time, but I'm pretty sure I know what I saw. Or maybe I'm losing my mind at the old age of 34 :p

Not surprisingly though, it looks like some Gamestops received quite a few of the artbooks, but enough of the actual game to only cover pre-orders. I dunno, it's pretty stupid if that's the case.

Ah well, I could be an ass and go into a Gamestop and feign ignorance into getting an artbook if mine was a store that got more books than pre-orders, but my conscience won't let me be that deceptive.

Unfortunately I can not prove this, but after the announcement was made for the artbook bonus, I'd almost be willing to bet that I saw Newegg actually have the artbook listed as a pre-order bonus on their order page. I really wish I had screened it at the time, but I'm pretty sure I know what I saw. Or maybe I'm losing my mind at the old age of 34 :p

Not surprisingly though, it looks like some Gamestops received quite a few of the artbooks, but enough of the actual game to only cover pre-orders. I dunno, it's pretty stupid if that's the case.

Ah well, I could be an ass and go into a Gamestop and feign ignorance into getting an artbook if mine was a store that got more books than pre-orders, but my conscience won't let me be that deceptive.
It's possible, but the Project X Zone people said this and they got burned extra crispy. Not like proving it will do anything. They COULD always just say their stock ran out and tough shit. Not like you can disprove that statement.

My gamestop had extra artbook copies, I got one with no preorder.  They only had 2 vita copies of the game though.  

The book is cool, better than the Fire Emblem: Awakening art book, better than Dark Soul's artbook which came with that tin.  I can't think of a game that had a better physical preorder bonus as far as art books go.  Unless you count SMTIV's strategy guide / CD / box preorder.

fuck ing Gamestop. Went to pickup my pre-order for Dragon's Crown and they say they didn't have any artbooks, even though it was a pre-order and I was guaranteed one by an employee. Sucks.
I went to gamestop for my game and when I get the game did not give me the artbooks,so ask the dude for the artbooks and so give them

gamestop naples .florida

excuse my English

Yeah, and then they're actually shrinkwrapped together with another backing piece of cardboard before going into the outer packaging.
Sounds confusing. I actually bought a copy from a gamestop without artbook since I really wanna play this and cause amazon has yet to ship my copy out. Was thinking of just playing the copy I got now and returning the copy amazon will ship to GS for a refund once it arrives but I wouldn't want anything to happen to the wrapping. If the way amazon packs it messes with the games shrinkwrap then I might just return the one I have now and wait. -_-

I just showed interest on this game yesterday so I called all 3 GS around my house and none of them have extra artbooks. Will still pick it up later though as I'm doing the trade 2 eligible games (Fifa 13 & NFS: MW) for a new game.

Sounds confusing. I actually bought a copy from a gamestop without artbook since I really wanna play this and cause amazon has yet to ship my copy out. Was thinking of just playing the copy I got now and returning the copy amazon will ship to GS for a refund once it arrives but I wouldn't want anything to happen to the wrapping. If the way amazon packs it messes with the games shrinkwrap then I might just return the one I have now and wait. -_-
I'm crazy so I peeled the glue off the shrinkwrap first and other than a little staining if you looked close at it I don't think they would bat an eye and it's not on there so good it's going to damage it.

fuck ing Gamestop. Went to pickup my pre-order for Dragon's Crown and they say they didn't have any artbooks, even though it was a pre-order and I was guaranteed one by an employee. Sucks.
Well, you can throw a fit or find out if stores nearby have some. Usually my shop goes out of their way to track stuff down for me if they don't have it. Hell, my guy didn't think they could give out the art book when I was by on Saturday and called another store just to find out for me.

I am really loving this game so far. It has a ridiculous amount of charm and is actually 'exciting' to play. I'm very impressed so far.

That sucks people are getting screwed on their pre-order items. That never happens to me at my GS(knock on wood). From now on, I suggest you guys push the employees. You'd be surprised at how little certain employees know. It's like any other business. Sometimes you can go into say a Sears, ask an employee about something and they'll say "Sorry, we don't carry that" and then you see it later. They probably had artbooks in the back. Mine had a really big stack, and I highly doubt they were all for pre-orders. My Gamestop is not a big niche RPG spot and they had about 15 artbooks. I suspect 5-10 pre-orders at most.

Pre-order items are a big deal at GameStop. Employees usually are told to push pre-orders by showing the available bonus items. They usually are at the counter. I highly doubt that so many employees don't know that they got the items.

Pre-order items are a big deal at GameStop. Employees usually are told to push pre-orders by showing the available bonus items. They usually are at the counter. I highly doubt that so many employees don't know that they got the items.
I think you're giving some people too much credit. A lot of people tend to know nothing about niche games and will quickly forget that Dragon's Crown even released that day. Now they might be in an obvious place, but that doesn't mean the person cared enough to check or paid attention to where they were put.

I think I'm lucky that the two main guys (I think they're both managers, oddly) at the Gamestop I go to are into Japanese games and are always pushing that stuff on people. When I picked up SMTIV the guy was really proud of himself that he managed to get a drawer full of pre-orders for it. haha

Well, you can throw a fit or find out if stores nearby have some. Usually my shop goes out of their way to track stuff down for me if they don't have it. Hell, my guy didn't think they could give out the art book when I was by on Saturday and called another store just to find out for me.
Tried that. No one had any. Heck, some stores didn't even have the game for public sale, only pre-order copies.

I think you're giving some people too much credit. A lot of people tend to know nothing about niche games and will quickly forget that Dragon's Crown even released that day. Now they might be in an obvious place, but that doesn't mean the person cared enough to check or paid attention to where they were put.
They're the same as any other game with bonuses. I don't see why they would be overlooked when it's part of the job and it's connected to checking the other pre-orders.

What, so Newegg didn't come through? *sigh* should have seen this coming. Thought they would be good after getting persona 4's bonus (though that was smaller and a year ago). Best buy has them right? Going there.

Actually I've been checking all the major retailers websites for Dragon's Crown information (including discounts and the artbook), to update the two Dragon's Crown threads I created in the PS3 and Vita forums. I never saw Newegg list the artbook as a preorder bonus, but I did see Amazon, GS, and (just recently) Walmart all list this preorder bonus. Newegg never listed it as far as I could tell.

Having said that, I did get Muramasa: Rebirth for the Vita from Newegg (preorder), and they did include the soundtrack bonus even though they never listed it.

Walmart does still list the artbook on their website, but strangely they only ever offered the Vita version of this game; the PS3 version does have a product page, but it has always said "out of stock online" and was never available for preorder or ship-to-store.

unboxing of dragons crown ps3 from amazon, seeing as people want to see how the artbook is bundle with the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwxKiLgTBto

Interesting, so apparently their packaging these different in different places (I'm assuming since that's clearly not English).  I didn't get a packing slip and the art book wasn't individually wrapped too.  Also that art book is hardcover WTF!!!

Interesting, so apparently their packaging these different in different places (I'm assuming since that's clearly not English). I didn't get a packing slip and the art book wasn't individually wrapped too. Also that art book is hardcover WTF!!!
That is a Japanese version. They also have better quality paper or at least appear to have it.

I picked my PS3 preorder up today at Gamestop and the clerk was awful and told me they didn't get any art books either and that I'm out of luck. I left pretty pissed and I filled out the little survey and complained about how the clerk didn't even try to get me an art book nor give me any sort of information on how I can try to get one and just basically told me 'tough luck' and sent me packing.

Not an hour later, the district manager called me and told me they had the art books the whole time and the dumb ass didn't even bother to look for it or contact someone to ask where they were. I ended up getting the book, but after I wasted gas driving up there multiple times. This isn't the first time I've had Gamestop try to screw me out of preorder bonuses so I think I'm going to simply do business elsewhere, especially when Amazon will give me free release day shipping and mostly the same preorder bonuses without even having to waste gas driving up to Gamestop to deal with not being guaranteed my bonus.

unboxing of dragons crown ps3 from amazon, seeing as people want to see how the artbook is bundle with the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwxKiLgTBto
5;44 mark is that woman naked wonder how many complants they will get bout that

ALSO is the book hard cover or soft

bread's done
Back