Pre-Order Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Crystal Edition" "Limited Edition" (European import)

[quote name='iwannadie']I am betting it wasn't a USA rep but a North American rep and we got stuck with some canadian representing. us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one of the French ones. Should have sent a Mexican( or Chuck Norris), and we'd have the crystal edition for $30

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks beautiful, I do want one. Is there any guarantee shipping to US would get the bonuses?

This game will have alot (I assume) of DLC this time around to cash it in even more, but will we need a EU account to buy the DLC?

For those of you that hate FF13, here are some changes to appease you:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii-2/116765-five-big-changes-sequel.html
Less Linearity:
The loudest criticism from FF XIII was the lack of player freedom when it came to exploring the world and advancing the story. The development team is actually aware of this issue, adding more branching paths to the environments and allowing players to proceed at their own pace.

Unstable Rifts:
These puzzle sequences occur in isolated areas that players warp to while exploring dungeons. In the rifts, players collect crystals floating on increasingly complex paths of red tiles. Each tile can only be stepped on once before disappearing, so you'll have to plan your route carefully.

Button-Press Events:
Instead of just watching cutscenes, now you'll have chances to participate by following on-screen prompts and pressing buttons during certain action sequences. Chasing after overused action game mechanics see,s like an odd move for Final Fantasy, but we'll see how it all plays out in the finished product.

Monster Allies:
Certain enemies now join you permanently, and can be rotated into battle to act as party members. These monster are obtained as post-encounter drops after you beat them, and in combat they use their special abilities to fill roles in your paradigms (like ravager or sentinel).

Multiple Endings:
While this sequel is still focused on telling a story, you'll have the opportunity to influence the conclusion. This isn't like the hidden endings of Final Fantasy X-2, where you need to attain a certain completion percentage to see the whole story; choice will determine which ending players will receive. >> Joe Juba

[quote name='Kitoro']What a misleading thread. Put UK only in the title before you get US fans believing that S-E actually likes them all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]
This.

I was furious when i noticed it was UK, then again i shouldn't of been surprised since NA gets fucked over when it comes to limited/collectors editions of japan games.

Well I know its not the same but if you preorder from best buy you get a free hard cover art book I think I might do that unless Amazon gets the crystal edition

For the life of me, I don't understand why NA can't get this stuff. Has anyone tried contacting SE NA about this? Just so that they could at least understand that NA fans WANT this?

Now, lets not get to comparing which side of the pond gets royally screwed with limited editions. Because I have been more than disappointed, more than once, to see Collectors and Limiteds flashed up on IGN and Kotaku

NA Only
EU to be announced at a later date

Is all I ever seem to see. Anyway, I am surprised that Square-Enix hasn't released any details, or will not be doing this for NA.

[quote name='zeke222']Anyone order from zavvi before. If you have how good are they at delivering to the US and do they include the preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Good, but slow. If you preorder from them, you should get your bonuses.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']For the life of me, I don't understand why NA can't get this stuff. Has anyone tried contacting SE NA about this? Just so that they could at least understand that NA fans WANT this?[/QUOTE]

I agree, OP, would you put this in the OP "please email SE USA and tell them you want this in NA"

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Now, lets not get to comparing which side of the pond gets royally screwed with limited editions. Because I have been more than disappointed, more than once, to see Collectors and Limiteds flashed up on IGN and Kotaku

NA Only
EU to be announced at a later date

Is all I ever seem to see. Anyway, I am surprised that Square-Enix hasn't released any details, or will not be doing this for NA.[/QUOTE]
Do you deny that EU gets WAY more steelbooks than the US? Honestly, steelbooks are the only thing I care about when it comes to a collector's edition.

Not steelbooks, we get a ton of steelbooks but in place of an awesome limited edition with character, figure, massive art book or other stuff.

Its getting better now though...

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Do Zavvi even deliver to the US?[/QUOTE]

I'm from Minnesota, USA and they delivered to me. Got Lords of Arcana LE and Arcana Heart 3 LE from them. Free shipping on Lords, but it cost me a dollar for Heart.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Not steelbooks, we get a ton of steelbooks but in place of an awesome limited edition with character, figure, massive art book or other stuff.

Its getting better now though...[/QUOTE]
Personally, I'd trade all those cheap trinkets that do nothing but take up space for a steelbook every single time. But to each his own.

[quote name='Mixer236']I just ordered through hmv(Zavvi would never let me order from them before, their loss), so we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]
Do you think they will send the steelbook to the states? :O

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Yes. Good, but slow. If you preorder from them, you should get your bonuses.[/QUOTE]

thanks

I think game uk and game aus are the only ones getting the bonuses(steelbook, novella and etc) and it doesnt look like they're shipping them internationally.

From game uk:

Terms and Conditions
: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus item. Your item will be delivered with your preorder. This offer is only valid against mint boxed copy of the game and not the download or preowned version. This offer is exclusive to GAME Group.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I like FF13 don't get all the hate towards it.
12 was much worse.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy 13. I haven't played one since 10-2. Final Fantasy 8 is still my favorite.

[quote name='TraBuch']Personally, I'd trade all those cheap trinkets that do nothing but take up space for a steelbook every single time. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I get what you mean, they are sexy. But I personally prefer a lot of toys. I do get Blu-Ray steelbooks though.

too bad this game is probably going to suck...not getting much positive reviews from presses of Japan, kind of like how XIII was. Might skip out on this one, but hopefully X HD releases sometime next year cause I will get that.

パルスのファルシがコクーンのルシでパージでスノウ

I remember buying X-2.....god that was horrible. Im going to see how this -2 turns out....I was not too thrilled with XIII's characters anyway.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Do you think they will send the steelbook to the states? :O[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, but we'll see what happens. Either way I still get the 4 disk soundtrack(I ordered the Crystal version) which is the main reason I want it.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']I think game uk and game aus are the only ones getting the bonuses(steelbook, novella and etc) and it doesnt look like they're shipping them internationally.

From game uk:

Terms and Conditions
: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus item. Your item will be delivered with your preorder. This offer is only valid against mint boxed copy of the game and not the download or preowned version. This offer is exclusive to GAME Group.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Game UK will NOT send the steelbook to the US, I had a friend in the UK call and ask them for me. They wouldn't give him an exact answer outside of "it's UK exclusive, other regions might get their own exclusives".

But other retailers will likely send the steelbook with the Limited and Crystal Editions only. Game is the only one advertising with the regular game.

[quote name='TraBuch']Personally, I'd trade all those cheap trinkets that do nothing but take up space for a steelbook every single time. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I look for Steelbooks, Artbooks, and Soundtracks. Or a neat collectors box will do.

Which one is everyone importing, Crystal or Limited?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I feel the same way. I look for Steelbooks, Artbooks, and Soundtracks. Or a neat collectors box will do.

Which one is everyone importing, Crystal or Limited?[/QUOTE]

Crystal for me. My UK friend already laid down a pre-order for me. So I get the steelbook :D

[quote name='IRHari']Bout time someone clarified the ufkcing thread title. Most misleading thread title ever.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kept seeing it and getting excited thinking there was news about the UK editions coming to the states. :lol: :cry:

i bet everyone comes in this thread all excited and then rages hard.

I may double dip to get 2 steelbooks as they look so damn awesome

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Crystal for me. My UK friend already laid down a pre-order for me. So I get the steelbook :D[/QUOTE]

Can I borrow your UK friend?

To those ordering, how do you know you're going to get the steelbook? Has anyone contacted these retailers about it? Do you get it for ordering any version? If so, ill order it immediately as the NA preorders pale in comparison. It seems like they get all of our pre-orders PLUS a steelbook.

Also, which retailer is the best? (cheapest, timely shipping, and decent CS).

Thanks! Pre ordered on HMV since Zavvi and The Hut were sold out of the ps3 crystal editions. Guess this will go nice together for the Chinese Version of FFXIII-2 :D

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Thanks! Pre ordered on HMV since Zavvi and The Hut were sold out of the ps3 crystal editions. Guess this will go nice together for the Chinese Version of FFXIII-2 :D[/QUOTE]
Do you live in the US? How much is shipping?

[quote name='Optical']Do you live in the US? How much is shipping?[/QUOTE]

With standard royal mail I guess the total cost is around $109. Unfortunately it doesn't say if they are getting the steel case. I think its like $6 shipping or something around there. February is going to be one expensive month.

[quote name='panzerfaust']That's good enough for me, wonder when it will be up for pre-order. I still need to place one at Best Buy for that hardcover book.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for Gamestop to show what their alternate appearance DLC actually looks like before I decide.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']very interested in this. Wished the NA got a steelbook, but will probably still get it[/QUOTE]

Yea I really want a steelbook for this. But I will still be picking this up at Best Buy on release day. I was so mad about this whole fiasco that I was about to send an email to Square Enix to inquire as to why we weren't getting any special/ collectors editions. Looks like I didn't have to! lol

bread's done
Back