Pre-Order Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Crystal Edition" "Limited Edition" (European import)

[quote name='helluvagood']if I get the xbox version from europe can I play it on my xbox here in Canada???? is it region free?[/QUOTE]

Nope

I preordered the Crystal Edition from GAME, but I will be getting this version instead. Will be a whole lot cheaper. I can live without the T-shirt and some art cards. Just really sucks that we couldn't get the steelbook with ALL of the preorder dlc though. Or even just the steelbook.

Sigh... I like how EUR gets all the bonuses bundled together regardless of which store. But in the US it's split up between 3.

Best Buy = book
Amazon = Omega
Gamestop = Sarah/Noel DLC

Ignoring that fact my main gripe is no Steelbook case for us :/ and that's just a preorder bonus as well for them also. Anyone selling the Steelbook case? :) I'll buy it for $10!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nope[/QUOTE]

FF13 was locked to NA and Europe (will play on either), I assume it will be the same for XIII-2. We won't know for sure until it's tested.

[quote name='Animekatt']I preordered the Crystal Edition from GAME, but I will be getting this version instead. Will be a whole lot cheaper. I can live without the T-shirt and some art cards. Just really sucks that we couldn't get the steelbook with ALL of the preorder dlc though. Or even just the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same, and feel the same way. I'm a little disappointed but at least it's not as bad as my plain vanilla FFXIII sitting on the shelf.

Question about the preorder bonuses at different retailers: Gamestop DLC outfits? Lame no thanks. Bestbuy book? Sounds good, but Amazon "Omega"? What is that?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I'm doing the same, and feel the same way. I'm a little disappointed but at least it's not as bad as my plain vanilla FFXIII sitting on the shelf.

Question about the preorder bonuses at different retailers: Gamestop DLC outfits? Lame no thanks. Bestbuy book? Sounds good, but Amazon "Omega"? What is that?[/QUOTE]

Gotcha covered.

From Amazon:

Pre-order Final Fantasy XIII-2 and get the Omega boss battle, a unique coliseum battle against boss enemy Omega. Omega joins the player's party after being defeated. Access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last.

So it's a pokemon?

[quote name='j-cart']So it's a pokemon?[/QUOTE]

Well first, the normal game allows you to defeat monsters and they'll join your party, Omega would just be a special one.
Monster Allies:
Certain enemies now join you permanently, and can be rotated into battle to act as party members. These monster are obtained as post-encounter drops after you beat them, and in combat they use their special abilities to fill roles in your paradigms (like ravager or sentinel).

And second, so this is just more DLC? That will probably be for sale at a later date? I might be going with Bestbuy for the physical book then.

I'm gonna go for the US version, it's good enough for me. It has the 4-disc soundtrack which was mostly what I cared about. We usually only get a shitty 1 disc sampler soundtrack from SE in the US, so I'm happy we're actually getting a complete soundtrack bundled with a collector's edition for once. Definitely pre-oredering from Amazon as the Omega boss/party member sounds like the best bonus to me.

544a3479ab17f580c5e3629d62ec8aa6.jpg

I'm sure GS and BB are just listing errors, wouldn't make sense not to give the pre-order bonus to those who want the CE as well.

EDIT: The GS dude didn't sound too sure, but he said in other cases any pre-order bonsus to the standard version applies to collector's editions as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from preordering the PS3 CE at Best Buy.
Here's the sku for it: 4120037

You'll need it, since it's not up on that preorder kiosk yet, nor on BBY.com.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']Does best buy charge right away for preorders ?[/QUOTE]

If you preorder directly from the website, they will. In store, only $5.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']yes of course[/QUOTE]
no they don't allow you to pay the full amount until you pick up the game after it's released. Idk why.

[quote name='r3zzy']no they don't allow you to pay the full amount until you pick up the game after it's released. Idk why.[/QUOTE]Really? That's odd...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']lame. i want to pay full just to secure my copy.[/QUOTE]
order online and select in store pickup :cool:

damn you UK! You guys always get the good stuff :(
I'm definitely gonna pre-order CE from best buy, anyone willing to sell their collectible postcards, t-shirt and steel case? I'm offering 30 bucks! If you can choose the t-shirt, which I highly doubt, small size please and I'll offer more:)

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Question about the preorder bonuses at different retailers: Gamestop DLC outfits? Lame no thanks. Bestbuy book? Sounds good, but Amazon "Omega"? What is that?[/QUOTE]
It's paid DLC that will release later on. SE has jumped on board the DLC train for this one, so of the three bonuses this will be the most valuable $-wise (well, outside of eBay of course).[quote name='r3zzy']no they don't allow you to pay the full amount until you pick up the game after it's released. Idk why.[/QUOTE]It's because they have a retarded system in place where they actually return the pre-order and then ring up the item.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm sure GS and BB are just listing errors, wouldn't make sense not to give the pre-order bonus to those who want the CE as well.

EDIT: The GS dude didn't sound too sure, but he said in other cases any pre-order bonsus to the standard version applies to collector's editions as well[/QUOTE]

Looks like BB was a listing error that they are working on.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...II-2-Collector-s-Edition-Preorder/td-p/363690

On another note, does any one know the SKU for the XBox CE. The kiosk at my BB is down for "a week or more" and the employees don't know how to look it up manually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... anyone with an extra preorder of the Crystal edition like to sell it to me? (PM me if you do). Same with the steelbook... :D or does anyone know a place that has the crystal edition still for preorder? thanks

I have a friend willing to reserve these 2 games for me. I'm getting Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal/Collector Edition + Steelbook and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Ultimate Edition Steelbook.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have a friend willing to reserve these 2 games for me. I'm getting Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal/Collector Edition + Steelbook and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Ultimate Edition Steelbook.[/QUOTE]

from where? MGS Ultimate has been sold out for like a month now.

What, a NA collector's edition? Seriously? Color me surprised! Now where to get it....

Although I really want the Best Buy book, I'm worried that the DLC won't be available like the Dissidia Duodecim stuff or not for a long time. You would think that they would release it relatively soon, but still.

Might actually bite the bullet and preorder a copy at both Amazon and Best Buy. Right now, with my Gold Box discount on the reg. edition, it would be cheaper to order the reg. at Amazon and the CE at Best Buy. But I'd get the CE on release day with Prime delivery...Hmmm.

Curse store-exclusive preorder items! And curse myself for falling for it!

I've searched around and can't find any place that still has the Crystal Edition available. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm glad NA is finally getting at least something from Square-Enix but the EU one is much better. If for nothing else than that steelbook and the Lightning print.

Anyway, it would be awesome if anyone knows where I could still find one. Thanks!

[quote name='HighwindXIX']I've searched around and can't find any place that still has the Crystal Edition available. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm glad NA is finally getting at least something from Square-Enix but the EU one is much better. If for nothing else than that steelbook and the Lightning print.

Anyway, it would be awesome if anyone knows where I could still find one. Thanks![/QUOTE]

ebgames Australia, but they dont ship to US

Best Buy is giving the pre-order bonus to people who get the Collector's Edition as well, saw this in the community forums:

VDDg2.jpg

It's what I expected, just needed to clarification.

Would have liked the Steel Book, but I'm not about to import it just to get that. Anything with Lightning on it looks good anyway. :drool:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']UK. they ordered a few.[/QUOTE]

Well yea, UK lol, zavvi's the only one who got it =/. thought u meant like u legit got them to order u one, not they had a few ordered and were gonna sell u one. damn. can't believe i missed out on that :cry: wish i had access to one

man, i still want a crystal edition with a steelbook (hell, even just the crystal edition would be nice) wish i knew some ppl in aus. *sighs* US really does suck for special edition stuff like these

[quote name='62t']ebgames Australia, but they dont ship to US[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have a friend in Australia actually so this could be a viable option for me!

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I wonder if it'll be same as the other steelbook. If so, good to have family over there. :D

Thanks for the post![/QUOTE]
r u pol? maybe you can snag a few for yourself and fellow member. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']r u pol? maybe you can snag a few for yourself and fellow member. :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am. I could possibly do that. I just have to see if my family over there is willing to do it, lol.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Yes, I am. I could possibly do that. I just have to see if my family over there is willing to do it, lol.[/QUOTE]

I can't read it. So its the regular edition but it comes with dlc and the preorder steelbook? PM me if you can do an order (i can compensate for your time and effort obv :D)
also, DLC from other areas don't work right? like NA and EU psn codes wont mix?

bread's done
Back