Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='liongames']As soon as I get the info I will post it on this thread. Bioware has been pretty tight about releasing info so far.[/QUOTE]
Oh man . . . I'm going to have to jump on a few of these pre-order deals! Thanks for the great amount of communication!

BTW, the site is pretty well organized, but I agree with seom of the earlier posts, and maybe replace the image header along the top of the page. I'm awful with Photoshop, but I slapped something together in in the space of 5 minutes:

lg_hp_03.gif

*shrug* It's pretty awful, and doesn't really make sense since your tagline mentions a jungle and I've got a savanna --- it's more of a concept draft than anything.

Anyhoo --- keep up the great deals and awesome level of communication! :)

I preordered mass effect based on reading this thread. If that product is delivered to me when the time comes I won't hesitate to shop at liongames instead of bigger places from then on (all else being equal).

Yep - I'm sold. Just pre-ordered Mass Effect and BioShock. Man, I can't wait for Mass Effect.

Thank you Liongames for having prices I can afford at launch!

[quote name='lowlevel']Oh man . . . I'm going to have to jump on a few of these pre-order deals! Thanks for the great amount of communication!

BTW, the site is pretty well organized, but I agree with seom of the earlier posts, and maybe replace the image header along the top of the page. I'm awful with Photoshop, but I slapped something together in in the space of 5 minutes:

lg_hp_03.gif

*shrug* It's pretty awful, and doesn't really make sense since your tagline mentions a jungle and I've got a savanna --- it's more of a concept draft than anything.

Anyhoo --- keep up the great deals and awesome level of communication! :)[/quote]

Neat picture. I have explained to a few people that have inquired that I was offered a Majestic Lion, and my wife and decided to go the route of the friendly Lion. I am putting some thought into this, but as of right now I am pretty happy with the look. I think it represents the site pretty well.

I preordered all 3 in full, as well as Blue Dragon. The only problem is there is only 1 type of shipping, I would get overnight for GTA. I will let you guy know it if I have any problem at all.

[quote name='marrvia']I preordered all 3 in full, as well as Blue Dragon. The only problem is there is only 1 type of shipping, I would get overnight for GTA. I will let you guy know it if I have any problem at all.[/quote]

New shipping options should be on the site within the next 24 to 48 hours. There isn't one for overnight, but if you want that option, just email me ,and we could arrange for the extra shipping charge.

[quote name='liongames']Neat picture. I have explained to a few people that have inquired that I was offered a Majestic Lion, and my wife and decided to go the route of the friendly Lion. I am putting some thought into this, but as of right now I am pretty happy with the look. I think it represents the site pretty well.[/quote]

To be fair your lion doesnt look friendly, he has bloodshot eyes which make him look like hes on drugs, and it looks like he's being electrocuted. I think your site would look a lot more professional if you got a new logo, it can still be cartoony and friendly, but based on the logo alone it doesnt look professional.

[quote name='Greendomo']To be fair your lion doesnt look friendly, he has bloodshot eyes which make him look like hes on drugs, and it looks like he's being electrocuted. I think your site would look a lot more professional if you got a new logo, it can still be cartoony and friendly, but based on the logo alone it doesnt look professional.[/quote]

I hear what you are saying, but my gut right now tells me not to change a thing. A lot more thought and work went into this website. Some people may not see it when looking at it quickly. Some people just have different opinions. I listen to them all, and try to do a good job making the proper decisions.

This may sound silly, but professional may not be the look I am after here. The lion isn't on drugs, he is frazzled though. He can't get that remote out of his hand. He should be sleeping but hes not. That is why his eyes are bloodshot. Now think about your hardcore gamer for a second. I am sure a lot of gamers have looked exactly like my Lion, one time or another, after an all night marathon playing games. I dont feel like my market is trying to impress to suit and tie type of person. I am sure many of my customers wear suits and ties to work, but when they get home they can't wait to rip those clothes off, and have the spouse and kids go to bed ,so they can turn into my lion, and saw someone in half at 2 in the morning ,when they have to work the next day. Professional reminds me of being on hold for twenty minutes if you have a question. Professional reminds me of not getting your emails answerd for 24-48 hours. Professional reminds me of not getting your emails answered after 5 pm or on weekends. I feel Eb has a professional looking website, but I feel my website is much more retail friendly. They list some trade values I list all my trade values. You can sort used games from new, and sort catorgorys very easy on my website. I like the way a customers can hit the used games tab, and have 24-28 used games and prices pop right up. The new release tab and coming soon works well also. The banners make it easy for the customers to get right to some of the bigger specials. So I feel my website functions very well and possibly relates well to my customers. I am not being defensive in my reply, because your observation is a very good one. You really did see many things my wife and I were trying to project. Your also saying people may take one look at my site, and say no way I am buying from there, the site looks unprofessional. I am sure that has happened. There probably isn't any wrong or right answer here. If you compare my lion to the the other one drawn on this page, I feel me lion looks more like a gamer then the other one. I think the other drawing was very nice also. In short I am not saying my thoughts are right, but this is my thinking behind the looks of the site.

[quote name='liongames']I hear what you are saying, but my gut right now tells me not to change a thing.

There probably isn't any wrong or right answer here. If you compare my lion to the the other one drawn on this page, I feel me lion looks more like a gamer then the other one. I think the other drawing was very nice also. In short I am not saying my thoughts are right, but this is my thinking behind the looks of the site.[/QUOTE]
I completely understand, and respect the fact that you've put a lot of thought into how your site is presented. Best wishes to you, and you should see an order from me in the near future! :)

[quote name='liongames']I hear what you are saying, but my gut right now tells me not to change a thing...This may sound silly, but professional may not be the look I am after here....If you compare my lion to the the other one drawn on this page, I feel me lion looks more like a gamer then the other one. I think the other drawing was very nice also. In short I am not saying my thoughts are right, but this is my thinking behind the looks of the site.[/quote]

I'm not saying it needs to look professional like a business or a bank or even EBgames or something like that, by professional I mean the art itself looks like it was drawn by a child. No-one would say that images of Mario or Sonic make you think of a business man in a suit and tie, but those characters look more professional because of the quality and style. So my issue I think is less your design choice, and more how it was implemented by the artist.

[quote name='Greendomo']I'm not saying it needs to look professional like a business or a bank or even EBgames or something like that, by professional I mean the art itself looks like it was drawn by a child. No-one would say that images of Mario or Sonic make you think of a business man in a suit and tie, but those characters look more professional because of the quality and style. So my issue I think is less your design choice, and more how it was implemented by the artist.[/quote]

That makes sense to me. I will also revisit the Logo and design issues at some point. Your not the first person that has told me this. It has been mentioned a number of times. I have other things that I want to implement into the site right now that are taking priority. I want to get HD and Blu-Ray up there. I am also looking into possibly adding some code into my site to give my customers access to my distributors entire inventory. This is a big project plus in about 3 weeks I plan on playing a lot of golf once the snow melts.:D

[quote name='lowlevel']I completely understand, and respect the fact that you've put a lot of thought into how your site is presented. Best wishes to you, and you should see an order from me in the near future! :)[/quote]

I also want to be clear that I thought your picture was pretty neat. I liked the way you added the dot com to liongames. Your lion also stands out and looks more like the king. it is very created for sure!!:applause:

[quote name='liongames']That makes sense to me. I will also revisit the Logo and design issues at some point. Your not the first person that has told me this. It has been mentioned a number of times. I have other things that I want to implement into the site right now that are taking priority. I want to get HD and Blu-Ray up there. I am also looking into possibly adding some code into my site to give my customers access to my distributors entire inventory. This is a big project plus in about 3 weeks I plan on playing a lot of golf once the snow melts.:D[/quote]

I would say its more important to do what your doing well so far . Customer service speaks volumes over what picture you have on your website. I find the site very functional. I'm very happy with how everythings been handled with orders and pre orders, and your whole demeanor. Keep up the good work Tony. You will be fine and have a thriving business with many loyal customers. take it from someone who's been in the video game industry a long time. I sold games wholesale and worked for several large game corps including Viacom and NEC.

[quote name='OGHowie']Well I guess the Halo 3 Legendary edition is now $129.99 MSRP on EB/Gamestop.

Any word on this from your supplier?[/QUOTE]

That is INSANE!

[quote name='OGHowie']Yeah, I was gonna get it at $99 but now it's a bit ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Plus there's a $10 surplus shipping fee if you order online... couple that with next day shipping, and you're at $160.

[quote name='OGHowie']Well I guess the Halo 3 Legendary edition is now $129.99 MSRP on EB/Gamestop.

Any word on this from your supplier?[/quote]

Right now halo 3 is not in his system yet. I him poking him for more info. The only thing I know so far is pre-order will be the only way to get the Legendary edition. I also feel $130 is a bit nuts.

[quote name='liongames']I included Forza for you in this weeks specials. It is now up to you on how much money you want to save on the game![/QUOTE]
sent out some games as trade-in on thursday, will I get an e-mail when you get them in and approve them or whatever you're gonna be doing?

also is your forza 2 date correct? every other store says May 15th while yours says may 22nd.

From what I've heard (from the Forza 2 website on their weekly updates), the Forza 2 release date is not set in stone yet. They said it would be released in May, but they did not give a date.

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']sent out some games as trade-in on thursday, will I get an e-mail when you get them in and approve them or whatever you're gonna be doing?

also is your forza 2 date correct? every other store says May 15th while yours says may 22nd.[/quote]

Hi Mort. I fixed the projected street date thank you! Yes you will get an email with the final totals the day I received the games.

[quote name='liongames']Hi Mort. I fixed the projected street date thank you! Yes you will get an email with the final totals the day I received the games.[/QUOTE]
yeah I received the e-mail. thanks.

In for 4 - GTA4, Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Too Human. With 2 trade-ins it worked out to less than $30 per game shipped - you can't beat that.

I think I understand the train of thought here. Basically, Liongames can either spend $5,000 on an ad on random_gamesite to raise awareness, or they could give 250 pre-orders for $40 instead of $60 ($5,000 / 250 = $20 off) and have word-of-mouth awareness via threads just like this one.

I think that's the concept (or maybe I'm totally off), but I'm in a few pre-orders. I hope it works out! If it does, the customers get deals on games and LG gets the awareness they want.

[quote name='Walt Jay']I think I understand the train of thought here. Basically, Liongames can either spend $5,000 on an ad on random_gamesite to raise awareness, or they could give 250 pre-orders for $40 instead of $60 ($5,000 / 250 = $20 off) and have word-of-mouth awareness via threads just like this one.

I think that's the concept (or maybe I'm totally off), but I'm in a few pre-orders. I hope it works out! If it does, the customers get deals on games and LG gets the awareness they want.[/QUOTE]

Add to that the benifit of getting up front cash flow without taking out a small business loan and increasing sales volume rapidly and you'll have it i think.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for the quick response Tony.After finding out paypal only buyer protects for 45days (and these games are much further than 45days away) I'm about hesitant to pull the trigger.I'll wait aibt more to see how the crackdown pre-orders went...

Speaking of which,anyone care to post if they have gotten the game? I've only seen two people post that they have recieved so far and I'm sure more than that have pre-ordered it.So either they haven't recieved or didnt post here...Please update us CAGers[/quote]
Where in Paypal does it say Buyer protection ends after 45 days.

I would LOVE to use this site but I am hesitant to put full money down on some of the games.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for the quick response Tony.After finding out paypal only buyer protects for 45days (and these games are much further than 45days away) I'm about hesitant to pull the trigger.I'll wait aibt more to see how the crackdown pre-orders went...

Speaking of which,anyone care to post if they have gotten the game? I've only seen two people post that they have recieved so far and I'm sure more than that have pre-ordered it.So either they haven't recieved or didnt post here...Please update us CAGers[/quote] Where in Paypal does it say Buyer protection ends after 45 days.

I would LOVE to use this site but I am hesitant to put full money down on some of the games.

[quote name='sstrunks01']Where in Paypal does it say Buyer protection ends after 45 days.

I would LOVE to use this site but I am hesitant to put full money down on some of the games.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt hesitate at this point. people got their crackdowns as they were supposed to.

In my case I pre-ordered Lost Planet, Crackdown, God of War 2 and GRAW 2 and got all of those just fine.

Thanks for the quick reply to my email lion. but you missed the part where I asked when armored core 4 would ship off to me. Also I should have the games shipped off to you tomorrow.

[quote name='liongames']If you use the sell games link on the home page, it will list all the trade in values for you. The $5.00 is the amount you get to deduct of the price of the game. Therefore if you wanted Lost Odyssey and had two trade-ins worth 20 bucks each. you would be able to buy Lost Odyssey for $42.99-$40 for your two trades to net you a cost of $2.99. If you had no trades Lost odyssey cost $52.99[/QUOTE]

I went back a few pages and couldn't find any info about the trade-in prices you give for these games except what you say here. I'm thinking of preordering Blue Dragon but most of the games I'd consider trading are PS2 and Xbox games and all those say "Please contact us" for the price and simply come up $0 when I try to add them to the cart. Do I just send you a PM asking what the values of those would be? I might have a 360 game or two also and I can see the values of those on the site.

I also may just want to trade games in as a form of payment on some other games (and not necessarily do the $10 minimum value thing for those select preorders). So it is useful for me to know the values even of some of the cheaper games.

(Edit - I fired off an email to [email protected] with the list of games I'm curious about)

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']i wouldnt hesitate at this point. people got their crackdowns as they were supposed to.[/quote]

Hey man I know you from Gamespot its _Bear whats up dude?

[quote name='Damion']Thanks for the quick reply to my email lion. but you missed the part where I asked when armored core 4 would ship off to me. Also I should have the games shipped off to you tomorrow.[/quote]

As soon as I get your games, the Armored Core 4 will leave the same day unless it is a saturday.

[quote name='liongames']As soon as I get your games, the Armored Core 4 will leave the same day unless it is a saturday.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just thought some extra money was going to be needed for shipping since the rest of my order was preorders. If so let me know I'll be sure to get it to you.

I finally bit on that Mass Effect pre-order deal - figured if I held out any longer, with my luck, it would end.

I would go for GTAIV as well, but I want it for my PS3 - any chance of running any similar deals for upcoming PS3 games?

I have a quick question to the owner:

If I put down a deposit, I'm allowed to pay off the rest at any time right? It said come back within 30 days of the release so I wasn't sure.. And am I able to make multiple payments? Or do I have to add it all at one time? Just wondering this, it wasn't completley clear to me (but.. thats just me, i'm not so bright lol).

Definatley in for Halo 3 & GTA IV if I can get the money,

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I have a quick question to the owner:

If I put down a deposit, I'm allowed to pay off the rest at any time right? It said come back within 30 days of the release so I wasn't sure.. And am I able to make multiple payments? Or do I have to add it all at one time? Just wondering this, it wasn't completley clear to me (but.. thats just me, i'm not so bright lol).

Definatley in for Halo 3 & GTA IV if I can get the money,[/quote]

You can pay off the balance at any time but when you do pay off the balance you must pay it off in full. There really isn't a feasble way to break the payments down any more. We ask you pay off the balnce about a month before street date. You are welcomed to pay off earlier if you want. All you need to do is find the link to the game that say balance.

[quote name='argyle']I finally bit on that Mass Effect pre-order deal - figured if I held out any longer, with my luck, it would end.

I would go for GTAIV as well, but I want it for my PS3 - any chance of running any similar deals for upcoming PS3 games?[/quote]

I can arrange something on the ps3 as well? Just drop me an email and we can discuss it if you want to.

[quote name='Greendomo']So do you email us when the rest of our preorders is due?[/quote]

I will send out emails when they are do, but it may be a manuel process for me. Hopefully everyone will just show up about a month before street date, and pay off the balances. This will save me a lot of work.

Now to play the other side of the coin...

What guarantee do we have? It appears there is no limit on these pre-orders? Most of these more popular games are released in the last quarter of this year.

Assuming you get 10,000 preorders... (example)

10,000 x $10 = $100,000

So, you have $100k at your disposal to invest in any vehicle you wish? Even at a high yield savings, thats $2500 for half a year.

Has anyone actually paid for games? There are so many scams out there. Whats to say you take all this money in for half a year and then simply say, sorry, we didn't receive any games and return everyones money?

This is not intended to damge your reputation in any way. I'd just like to know just in case things don't fall through or what you would do.

I have multiple pre-orders with the company. I just cancelled my pre-order for Halo 3 Limited Edition because I got an order with CD Universe with google checkout when it was $98, which I confirmed is the fixed price I will be charged.

I emailed Liongames for a store credit which was done promptly. I placed a new order for GTA IV and Guitar Hero and the credit was applied with ease.

Great customer service and the refund/credit was easy and quick. My first shipped game will be Guitar Hero II bundle, which will be the finishing touch for my full opinion on the company. So far I am very pleased.

Others have already bought used games, preordered games like Lost Planet and Crackdown and such, and have received them, so I don't think reliability is an issue.

Ok, I bit the bullet and put in a $124 preorder for Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA, and Halo 3:CE, and just because my heart couldn't take not knowing what would happen, I also ordered Rogue Galaxy so I'd get something right away.

I am a little confused about how you folks figure out shipping. I had to go through about 5 pages of confirmations before I got up to a page with shipping info, which ended up being 8-11 bucks for everything.

Now, is that for my preorders as well, or only for the one title that isn't a preorder? Shipping should be right there on the front page next to the FAQ, it's a big deal.

Thanks, and if I get everything I ordered, you guys will probably become one of my main sites to order from, I'd rather put money into the hands of the little guys than soulless corporations. Good luck with your promo.

Leggo,

From emailing Liongames, my understanding is the shipping charge was for all games ordered (even the preorders). I have placed numerous pre-orders and I had that same question, which was promptly answered from Liongames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back