Pre-Order Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any +$39.99 title - Bestbuy.com

Wish there were some new games I wanted coming out this week to go along with this deal. Got Skate 2 today but I have pretty much everything else I'm interested in.

I'm doing this deal to get MLB09. and as for the preorder, when the game comes out, just apply the 5$ down you paid to a different game if you don't want the Modern Warfare 2.

how long does this deal last? best buy can take preorders until the game comes out, which could be a way to save $10 off any game from now till then

[quote name='splintercell']So has anybody tried this on Wheelman in store? That shouldn't work with the coupon, since after this week's discount the price is below the $39.99 minimum required for the offer.[/QUOTE]
In the Sunday ad thread, I noted that I tried this with Empire: Total War (also on sale for $30 this week but normally priced above $40), and it didn't give me any additional discount. I figured I'd try my luck after seeing that the loophole worked on the website.

[quote name='Wario64']how long does this deal last? best buy can take preorders until the game comes out, which could be a way to save $10 off any game from now till then[/QUOTE]

probably this week only. $10 off until release would be super exploitable and too good to be true.

I'd say this probably isn't worth jumping on, as you'll eat up most of the $10 "savings" in tax/shipping/markup on the two games you're going to buy anyway. Even if you can get away with cancelling the pre-order and keeping the $10 discount, chances are you could find a comparable deal on the game you kept without having to jump through hoops or giving money to BestBuy :)

Besides, I have a feeling that this game will get used as a price leader (Best Buy did the same thing with CoD: World at War, and also CoD4 I believe)... and if anyone does that, you'll likely be able to grab it on Amazon cheap. If all else fails, I'll keep a copy from Gamefly for ~$45 or so, but I think we'll being seeing better deals on a game this highly anticipated.

I tried it with Street Fighter IV, but it didn't work. The employee even tried ringing me up as an RZ member even though I'm not one and it was still full price. The manager said something about it not working because SF4 is on sale this week.

[quote name='O.P.P.']I tried it with Street Fighter IV, but it didn't work. The employee even tried ringing me up as an RZ member even though I'm not one and it was still full price. The manager said something about it not working because SF4 is on sale this week.[/quote]

Not true. I just got SFIV in store for $10 off w/ the MW2 pre-order box. My RZ scanned in too.

this deal was tempting since it worked for COD4 on their website, but i dont wanna pay in full for a game that's half a year away. you'll never know if they might delay it. n the local best buy from me is like 40 mins. away. the money i'll save on this deal will probably be spent on gas, so not worth it for me.

If you do this online you can get Empire: Total War for $19.99 since it's originally a $49.99 game. Just thought I'd throw that out there. It might work in-store too.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I guess from everyone's posts it means you have to use the coupon at the time of reservation? There isn't like a coupon inside the pre-order case? Does it automatically take $10 off when they scan the COD Sku?[/quote]

I was also wondering about this. Do you have to buy 2 games at the time of pre-order or is it a coupon where you could get the $10 off at a later date?

It takes it off at the register. There is no coupon to use later. The deal is $10 any game $39.99 and up with preorder of COD MW2. If you do the deal online you have to pay the full price of COD. If you preorder in store you pay $5. Strangely, the $10 off didn't show up until they scanned my RZ card. It may have been because the cashier didn't total or something.

Since I missed out on the recent $10 sale, I decided to save my reward zone points for (who would have thought) SF4.
So I'm just confirming that the preorder (250) bonus points along with the $10 discount worked great.
SF4 for 30 bucks and a preorder for MF2.
Wow. Screw you, GAMESTOP.

I hope this helps a little bit.

-----

Save $10 on any video game $39.99 and up on any platform when you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

It's one of the most anticipated gaming titles of the fall! And here's a special offer that is perfect for all Call of Duty fans.

Just pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC, PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 and you can save $10 on any game $39.99 and up for any gaming platform!

Follow these steps:

Select a game for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, Nintendo DS or PS2 priced $39.99 and up.
Return to this page.
Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 below.
Click the Add Items to Cart button at the bottom of the page.

Items will ship separately. See offer details.

-----

Save $10 Offer Details

Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

Best Buy's Return Policy on Quantity Discounts applies to this purchase.

-----

^ are you an ECA member and fan of Amazon? If so 48.xx shipped right to your door on release date. + a few more dollars if you're in a state Amazon charges tax for.

*edit* forgot to mention release date delivery is for prime members. but yeah, still a good deal.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Anyone know if this works for preorders?

inFamous for about $45 seems great, but.. doesn't work in the cart :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

....wrong thread?

Preorders don't have the $10 deal link attached to them, unlike released games $39.99 and up.

Since Modern Warfare 2 is a game I planned on getting (basically) Day One, this was a good deal for me. Got Street Fighter IV in-store for $30 (plus tax). I hear it's a halfway decent game.

P.S. While they might be able to look up your preorder with your Reward Zone purchase, if you take advantage of this in-store, my advice is to take the receipt, put it in the preorder empty snapcase, and throw that sucker in your sock drawer for the next six months. Sure, it's only five bucks and you'll certainly be able to get the game Day One even without it, but losing it kind of defeats the purpose of the deal, no?

P.P.S. I have to say, unless one plans on taking advantage of this for a critically-acclaimed game like Street Fighter IV that's already on sale, I can't really recommend the deal. Best Buy is pretty much significantly overpriced for most games that have been out for more than a couple months. Gotta be a "devil customer", you know.

[quote name='disillusion386']....wrong thread?[/QUOTE]

what makes you say so? I was thinking he was wondering if the $10 off instantly works on BB pre-orders and the $5 rewards points toward that too, making it ~$45 before taxes.

[quote name='aznguyen316']what makes you say so? I was thinking he was wondering if the $10 off instantly works on BB pre-orders and the $5 rewards points toward that too, making it ~$45 before taxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, I deleted my post.

anyone know if this deal will work next week? i plan on picking up UFC next week @ BB and would love to save another $10 plus preorder MW2.

Got the deal in store. Bought COD4:GOTY PS3 for $30 plus $5 down for the preorder.

My freakin' GOTY edition doesn't have a download code for the map pack. WTF! What's the point of having a GOTY edition if it's the same as the original one with no bonus at all.

[quote name='eau']Got the deal in store. Bought COD4:GOTY PS3 for $30 plus $5 down for the preorder.

My freakin' GOTY edition doesn't have a download code for the map pack. WTF! What's the point of having a GOTY edition if it's the same as the original one with no bonus at all.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah I think they stopped doing that awhile back.

Might have to take advantage of this. After the demo, and reading impressions, can't wait to pickup Wolverine.

How long is this offer valid?

I want to use this on inFAMOUS (or Killzone 2) and use my $20 RZ Certificate when the game comes out.

Anyone have any suggestions on if I should get inFAMOUS or Killzone 2 if this offer is still valid?

[quote name='Free2game']I just noticed something, is this the first $60 PC game?[/QUOTE]

not sure, I did some looking around and Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon all have it for $60. But Walmart has it for $50.

my ps3 cod4 goty is going back. i took a peek from the top and there is no extra insert for the maps. I might as well just rebuy using GS's CAG16, SAVER, edge, and store credit.

[quote name='asthmatic']my ps3 cod4 goty is going back. i took a peek from the top and there is no extra insert for the maps. I might as well just rebuy using GS's CAG16, SAVER, edge, and store credit.[/QUOTE]
is there anyway to get the map tokens from the bestbuy cod4? or its ymmv.

i bought sfiv for 40... forgot about this deal... shucks.. anyway around it? lol

[quote name='hotness123']is there anyway to get the map tokens from the bestbuy cod4? or its ymmv.

i bought sfiv for 40... forgot about this deal... shucks.. anyway around it? lol[/QUOTE]
Buy it again with the preorder deal. Then turn around, return the sealed SF4 with the old receipt.

[quote name='eau']Buy it again with the preorder deal. Then turn around, return the sealed SF4 with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]
ahhh so simple yet genius. thanks for the help.

wait so i am confused... the GOTY edition doesn't automatically have the map pack? Its not prepackaged within the game? I am confused...

also... is this dead yet... because I noticed that COD4:GOTY is 39.99 at gamestop (printable coupon)... and I am assuming I could still get the 10 off this thing....

I guess we will see what happens

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']wait so i am confused... the GOTY edition doesn't automatically have the map pack? Its not prepackaged within the game? I am confused...

also... is this dead yet... because I noticed that COD4:GOTY is 39.99 at gamestop (printable coupon)... and I am assuming I could still get the 10 off this thing....

I guess we will see what happens[/QUOTE]
yeppers to ur first comment. apparently they took out the map token. their making ur purchase it through psn or live for 10 dollars for the extra maps. unless you can still find the older versions. ymmv good luck.

anyway for me to still grab resistance 2 ce for cheap? all da bestbuys in ny seem to have it at retail lolol.

Just Reserved my copy of COD: MW2 and bought SFVI for $29.99 plus i had a $10 Reward Certificate, which dropped it down to $19.99.

GT: casper663
PSN ID: casper663

[quote name='ps360wii']Just Reserved my copy of COD: MW2 and bought SFVI for $29.99 plus i had a $10 Reward Certificate, which dropped it down to $19.99.

GT: casper663
PSN ID: casper663[/QUOTE]
Actually, it dropped down to $21.XX since a small portion of the $10 cert went to the $5 preorder. I'm not sure how it works when you pick up the preorder with the receipt. Do they just refund you $3.XX instead (and the $1.XX paid by the cert goes back to your RZ account)?

[quote name='Tomeeboy']I'd say this probably isn't worth jumping on, as you'll eat up most of the $10 "savings" in tax/shipping/markup on the two games you're going to buy anyway. Even if you can get away with cancelling the pre-order and keeping the $10 discount, chances are you could find a comparable deal on the game you kept without having to jump through hoops or giving money to BestBuy :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I've got a $20 gc and have my eye on Dead Space for $10. Any negatives if I decide to cancel my pre-order down the road?[/QUOTE]

This will be an interesting test for anyone who plans on cancelling their pre-orders from this offer after 30 days. In the past, Best Buy has always adjusted the prices of returned items (returning an item in a bundle that was offered at a special price or returning an item that was sold with a free item).

If anyone cancels their pre-order but doesn't return the discounted game, I'll bet that Best Buy will not refund the $5 deposit for an in-store pre-order or only refund $50 ($60 less the $10 off discount) from an online pre-order - they'll remove the $10 off discount from the other game and charge you the difference since your purchase will no longer meet the T&C of their offer. As for the RZ bonus points, they'll automatically deduct the 250 bonus Gamers Club points from the cancelled pre-order and deduct the necessary regular RZ and Gamers Club points after they synch up their systems (can take a week). If you've already redeemed these points, your account may show a deficit.

Well, you can always pick up the preordered game and then return it for a full refund. When you pick it up, they'll just do a return on the $5 down and then charge you for the game.

[quote name='thepik241']Does anyone know when this deal ends?[/QUOTE]
I would guess it's a one week promotion like all other sales - if that is the case, then Saturday would be the last day.

bread's done
Back