Pre-ordered Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for DS? Cancel it and do this.

Gotta love how stores always seem to put the elderly in electronics. Going to Wal Mart was a waste of a trip as they didn't even have any idea what I was talking about. No Pokemon for me tonight. :(

Alright guys here is the official word that I just found out. EB/GS sent out an e-mail saying not to price match pokemon d/p with the CC ad. However if there is a CC within 1 Mile of the EB/GS they are supposed to give you a free $9.99 DVD with your purchase!

We still price match other items up to $10 with the ad.

this is all confirmed by multiple managers and store e-mails

sorry for the delays guys.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Anyone pick them up at CC TODAY? It says online not available until 04/24.[/QUOTE]

Yup, walked into mine (Framingham, MA), didn't see any on the shelf, asked an employee, and he told me they were being held at Customer Service. Waited in line for a second before he came over and took one out of a cardboard box on the ground behind the desk. Seems like they had a very large supply.

[quote name='CyrixD']Yup, walked into mine (Framingham, MA), didn't see any on the shelf, asked an employee, and he told me they were being held at Customer Service. Waited in line for a second before he came over and took one out of a cardboard box on the ground behind the desk. Seems like they had a very large supply.[/quote]

Awesome, I'm going to the one in Dorchester. Thanks!

Just got back. Circuit City didn't have it at all, so I took a CC flyer and went to Best Buy, where they had both versions and I bought Diamond. They price-matched it for me too.

i had to call up the 888 line and report the manager of our CC today. I walked in at 10am and they were more conserned about selling their stupid Wiis then anything else

I walked up to the checkout

Manager: are you here for the Wii
Me: no im here to pick up my pokemon preorder
Manager: well everyone is too buzzy to go into the back room to get the games out cause we are selling the Wii today

lazy son of a bitch i hope they fire his ass. He was also lying to people about how you needed all of theses add ons to play the Wii. Person in front of me blew almost 700 bucks (had around 3 or 4 games and the rest were just add on junk

[quote name='slidecage']Our cc and Best buy said they will only have enough for preorders. best buy said if you didnt preorder it would be sometime in may before you could buy one. I wonder if they be online tomorrow

CC here opens at 10 so i be out there grabbing my peral THOUGH i probally wont play it till next week DAMM U LUNAR KNIGHTS[/QUOTE]
The Fort Wayne CC said that? Because they still had a good chunk of copies when I went in there around noon.

So it appears they were quite wrong with that.

[quote name='CommunistHobo']Does anyone know where Family Video ships from?[/quote] Bump.
Plus, those of you who had it shipped from FV, when did you order yours?

I ended up buying 4 copies (for siblings and girlfriend) at frys for 26.99 each. I literally saved hella money if I had went through with my gamestop order.

I was wondering, if I buy my game at gamestop, and return it. Do I still get to keep the stylus's? thanks in advance.

Thanks to the OP... I decided to grab it on a whim. A friend IMed me randomly just to tell me how much fun he's having w/ it and wants to do battles. $25 for a game the week it comes out is hard to beat, too.

[quote name='Abalistar']The Fort Wayne CC said that? Because they still had a good chunk of copies when I went in there around noon.

So it appears they were quite wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

best buy told me that around the first week of april. i went over there yesterday and they probally had 100 of each. they said nintendo sent them 2x the amount of preorders

:D $22.99 today at CC with BB $5 coupon...even had a stylus left over for me!
only picked up Pearl...maybe Diamond tomorrow...

I bought mine yesterday at the Nintendo World Store for $34.99, not including the $5 down for pre-order.

Bad deal? It was signed by creators Shigeru and Junichi from GameFreak =D

Remind me never, EVER do anything like this again. I can't believe it has taken this long to ship my copy. I haven't recieved and e-mail update or anything, just silence while I wait outside for my copy to come in. :(

bread's done
Back