Preorder Madden at Amazon get $20 towards future game purchase

ever since the whole "gotta pay extra to play online with a used copy" thing EA's announced, I'm having a hard time giving them my money....

[quote name='DesertLeo']exactly, it kinda sucks.

maybe Backbreaker? anyone hear anything good about that one?[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo but the camera felt really awkward.Enough so that I didn't buy it.

[quote name='DesertLeo']ever since the whole "gotta pay extra to play online with a used copy" thing EA's announced, I'm having a hard time giving them my money....[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with EA for doing that. They make 0$ off used sales. I would do the same thing to increase new game sales if I were them. It's not fair that gamestop gets to make all kinds of money off used sales while the people who worked hard at making the game get none of that.

[quote name='Darknuke']I completely agree with EA for doing that. They make 0$ off used sales. I would do the same thing to increase new game sales if I were them. It's not fair that gamestop gets to make all kinds of money off used sales while the people who worked hard at making the game get none of that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Just because they are forcing your hand in terms of used sales doesn't mean they are stopping you from getting the game when it's cheap. The $20 copy of Mass Effect 2 I picked up from KMart still had the Cerberus Network included, so it's not like the consumer is getting screwed here.

This deal has been posted on the Amazon Deals sticky for ages, lol.

And yeah, that Backbreaker game is awkwardly... horrible.

fyi the amazon credit can be used on anything on amazon, not only on games...It says games credit but shows up as a gift card credit.

[quote name='Lice']Generally it shows up day of release or within a week of it shipping... Got some time.[/QUOTE]
Yep.. because they don't charge you until it ships anyway. So they'll send the credit once you're charged.

[quote name='Lice']fyi the amazon credit can be used on anything on amazon, not only on games...It says games credit but shows up as a gift card credit.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. The only time it goes on as a gift card credit is if the offer states Gift Card instead of Video Games Credit, and the only time I've seen them offer the Gift Card version is when price matching another retailer's offer. All of the current Amazon offers posted in the main thread are for credits, not gift cards.

Just so that no one is misled, reiterating that this current Madden offer is for a Video Games Credit, not a gift card.

One note about video game credit: one of the ones that I had could be used towards accessories too.

I remember Red Dead Redemption clearly said GC when that deal was posted, but other than that game, they've basically all been video game credits.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Incorrect. The only time it goes on as a gift card credit is if the offer states Gift Card instead of Video Games Credit, and the only time I've seen them offer the Gift Card version is when price matching another retailer's offer. All of the current Amazon offers posted in the main thread are for credits, not gift cards.

Just so that no one is misled, reiterating that this current Madden offer is for a Video Games Credit, not a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Well then i must of had a fluke... i got the game credit for red dead and it was applied into my gift card credit tab. I ended up spending it on non game stuff.

Anyone else have this happen?

[quote name='Lice']Well then i must of had a fluke... i got the game credit for red dead and it was applied into my gift card credit tab. I ended up spending it on non game stuff.

Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

You do know Red Dead was a "gift card" and not a "game credit". It was usable on anything on Amazon.

This for Madden is a "videogame credit".

[quote name='Darknuke']I completely agree with EA for doing that. They make 0$ off used sales. I would do the same thing to increase new game sales if I were them. It's not fair that gamestop gets to make all kinds of money off used sales while the people who worked hard at making the game get none of that.[/QUOTE]

For once a madden and ncaa is actually feels worth preordering. I got sick of the expansion only feel to each year. The expansion feel felt weak for a expansion feel. Yes they added new animations which is not entirely true they just revamped and added a little bit extra. They were known back in the day for pushing the game to be realistic to how the nfl plays and when they added franchise then how the nfl works. They really did not add much and sometimes took out nice franchise stuff but never really added more stuff. The diehard madden fans knows what i mean. You play 15 years of franchise multi times on each madden you need some more depth. Wow they added superstar mode but that had little depth. I liked last years ncaa bringing up my made player. Then i imported it into madden and it bombed! That was the most unimpressive thing i seen on madden. I was into the whole college experience with the erin andrews and showing nice stuff each week. Then you import into madden and wow can i go back to college?

This years gameplay for college is amazing about time they made it feel more like football rather then old genesis programming with newer graphics applied. Thats how college ball felt to me until 11.

Backbreaker was interesting but once that wears off the game sucks...

bread's done
Back