Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SargeSmash']Just so everyone knows, I got my copy in from thehut.com. Working great, and it came within two weeks, which is pretty impressive. Final cost to me was just shy of $50, which is not bad at all.

EDIT: Also, just in case it wasn't clear, the version they're selling is not the super-deluxe boxed version with the red Classic Controller Pro. It's just the game, but for the price, that's fine by me. The other package runs a crazy amount at GAME after the currency exchange rate takes you for a ride. :p[/QUOTE]

Are you in US?

[quote name='PotatoGuy']Im not going to look through 19the pages... has there been any hint if this game is coming over to na?[/QUOTE]

Nope and frankly, the fan effort to encourage Nintendo to do so hasn't done anything since late August. I don't see it happening at this point.

Could someone give me a quick run through on what I need to do to import from game.co.uk? I've never imported anything before so wondering what all is involved. My main question is mostly do I just put in my CC info like normal and they handle all the currency conversions and charge me the right amount in dollars? It's pretty much stuff like that that has kept me from already ordering.

Typically, your CC company will use an average exchange rate over a period of days (I think my card is 30, not sure if that's standard or not). But yes, if they don't cancel your transaction because its a foreign charge, they will handle the currency exchange for you.

For anyone who may not have seen the news elsewhere yet, it would appear that Xenoblade is actually going to get a North American release at long last. Nintendo of America has posted pics from the game to their Facebook page and apparently it's going to be a Gamestop exclusive (yeah, yeah, I know...) but can also be directly ordered through Nintendo of America's site. I'd spin this off into a new thread for greater visibility but we know how people get with the NOT A DEAL business.

Great news for anyone who wasn't comfortable importing!

[quote name='fwbweux']For anyone who may not have seen the news elsewhere yet, it would appear that Xenoblade is actually going to get a North American release at long last. Nintendo of America has posted pics from the game to their Facebook page and apparently it's going to be a Gamestop exclusive (yeah, yeah, I know...) but can also be directly ordered through Nintendo of America's site. I'd spin this off into a new thread for greater visibility but we know how people get with the NOT A DEAL business.

Great news for anyone who wasn't comfortable importing![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Guess I can cancel my Amazon pre-order now.

I'm almost in shock that this is coming out in the US. I won't lie, I played the hell out of it on Dolphin, but I am still going to buy it because the game is totally worth it and I want to support it and let Nintendo know that people will buy games like this.

The Gamestop exclusive thing is dumb though. It will hurt sales and then they will say 'See!? RPGs don't sell!' *eyeroll*

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Never even played my EU copy that I imported.
Eh not a big deal[/QUOTE]

same here, guess i will be buying it again.

[quote name='johnmirra']same here, guess i will be buying it again.[/QUOTE]

Yep same here.
I guess i'll figure out something to do with this EU copy, they don't even look to be selling on ebay.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's probably an exclusive pre-order bonus or something.[/QUOTE]

Nope, game is exclusive to gamestop.

For once, I will actually not only buy a game at gamestop but even pre-order haha.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Nope, game is exclusive to gamestop.

For once, I will actually not only buy a game at gamestop but even pre-order haha.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just pre-order it from the Nintendo store if you don't support Gamestop.

Yay. My first pre-order for a Wii game (yeah, I didn't pre-order zelda... I kinda forgot)

[quote name='Celsius']any coupon codes for gamestop?[/QUOTE]

GS coupons virtually never seem to work on pre-orders unfortunately. Seems like it's been a couple years since the last time I saw one that did.

[quote name='bojay1997']Or you could just pre-order it from the Nintendo store if you don't support Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but I'd rather not wait longer than I have to. Nintendo shipping is 7-10 days.

I'm going to be pre-ordering this through Nintendo's website, I don't care if it takes an extra month for Nintendo to ship it to me--screw Gamestop, I'm done doing business with them.

I generally don't like GS, don't shop there, and have only pre-ordered my launch Wii from them. But I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order from them only to encourage them to take on this kind of risk again with another future game I might want. I don't want them to snag away an exclusive that was going to come to the U.S. anyway, but there definitely are other niche games which they might decide to pursue if this gets them a decent amount of sales... real dilemma here.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I generally don't like GS, don't shop there, and have only pre-ordered my launch Wii from them. But I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order from them only to encourage them to take on this kind of risk again with another future game I might want. I don't want them to snag away an exclusive that was going to come to the U.S. anyway, but there definitely are other niche games which they might decide to pursue if this gets them a decent amount of sales... real dilemma here.[/QUOTE]

if you dont like gamestop you can order this game directly from nintendo.

[quote name='Nintendonly']What GameStop did to front the bill and have this game come here is fairly similar to what GameQuestDirect does.[/QUOTE]

If Gamestop is acting as a kinda pseudo-publisher, I wonder if they're going to have their logo on the case, and even if people buy it directly from Nintendo they will still be giving part of their money to GS. :lol:

I am so excited for this game to come out in the US. Do you guys think they will release the special edition w/ the red classic controller pro stateside?

Not for $50 they won't, and right now they are have that version listed for release. It might come with something stupid like Arc Rise Fantasia did. A little photo cell inside or something. Maybe a pre-order art book.

[quote name='62t']if you dont like gamestop you can order this game directly from nintendo.[/QUOTE]

But my dilemma is that if they actually did something positive for the industry (and my interests) by being the main or only impetus for this game getting released, then I feel I should probably support them in this one instance to encourage more of that behavior in the future.

[quote name='soonersfan60']But my dilemma is that if they actually did something positive for the industry (and my interests) by being the main or only impetus for this game getting released, then I feel I should probably support them in this one instance to encourage more of that behavior in the future.[/QUOTE]

You do KNOW this isn't the first time they've released a game exclusively right, off of the top of my head they've released Shenmue 2 (import DC), Chaos Wars (exclusive retailer), Electroplankton, and Chulip.

So it's not a precedent or anything, just sayin'. ;)

[quote name='soonersfan60']But my dilemma is that if they actually did something positive for the industry (and my interests) by being the main or only impetus for this game getting released, then I feel I should probably support them in this one instance to encourage more of that behavior in the future.[/QUOTE]

Or you could buy it from Nintendo directly and encourage them so that next time, Nintendo tries something on their own rather than get in bed with Gamestop.

all i know is im rdy i sold my import for 85$ this morning on amazon =). so im already going to be getting the us version for cheaper with the profit i made.

[quote name='gauu']all i know is im rdy i sold my import for 85$ this morning on amazon =). so im already going to be getting the us version for cheaper with the profit i made.[/QUOTE]

Wow really?
That's pretty crazy.

yah paid 45$ for it on release after shipping and fees ill get 70$. so im basically getting the game halfoff on release in a way. the only thing im worried on jawmuncher is that ill get some idiot that doesnt read on amazon that its a european import and wont work on american systems.

yah quote THEY SHOULD but unfortunately its not always the case. sadly too amazon doesnt let you NOT accept returns but i can charge a 20% restocking fee. which off the 85$ would be 17$ minus the shipping they already paid and again minus what they pay to ship it back to me. had one person before try that cause they failed to read my description and they ended up keeping the item instead of losing all that money. luckily they didnt even leave me a negative so worked out. anyhow on a side note. im really really hoping that we can at least see the last story as well since were getting xenoblade chronicles.

I'm all happy about Xenoblade, but damn if I wasn't more interested in The Last Story and Pandora's Tower more than this one. Still, I'm definitely in for one ordered directly from Nintendo.com, unless Gamestop has a compelling bonus.

[quote name='donssword']I'm all happy about Xenoblade, but damn if I wasn't more interested in The Last Story and Pandora's Tower more than this one. Still, I'm definitely in for one ordered directly from Nintendo.com, unless Gamestop has a compelling bonus.[/QUOTE]

Gamestops compelling bonus, you get to play it lol

[quote name='donssword']I'm all happy about Xenoblade, but damn if I wasn't more interested in The Last Story and Pandora's Tower more than this one. Still, I'm definitely in for one ordered directly from Nintendo.com, unless Gamestop has a compelling bonus.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's compelling bonus: pre-order for new copies that are actually sealed and new instead of gutted copies sold as new.

bread's done
Back