Prinny 2 (PSP) $11.71 on Amazon * Back to 19.99 *

Meaningless because it wasn't in a post by itself. 99.9999999999999999% of people can not possibly check dozens of threads a day for activity. All of those should get their own threads. If I didn't already own most of them I'd start one.

Prinny 2 isn't so much a "pleasant challenge" as encouragement to rip your hair out. It requires immense patience, precision, and good memorization. I'm a fairly dedicated gamer and I almost hurled my PSP across the room in frustration.

I nearly did that with the first one, I should go back and play it someday...

Picked this one up for the hell of it, I managed to get the first one for the same price.

Sometimes it is fun to play a game that kicks your ass.... sometimes.

This game is super hard, but I bought it the day it came out at full price and am glad I did. It's very fun and addictive. And yes, I did beat it (on Normal mode). If you're on the fence, I vote buy it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Meaningless because it wasn't in a post by itself. 99.9999999999999999% of people can not possibly check dozens of threads a day for activity. All of those should get their own threads. If I didn't already own most of them I'd start one.[/QUOTE]

yeah seriously. i don't spend my whole day searching every forum or thread.

in for one.

Ugh, I'm sooooo tempted to buy this (I enjoyed the 1st game), but I probably wouldn't be able to play it due to college & my backlog of other games.

Bought the first one when it came out and never beat it, but it was enjoyable. This showed up in my Gold Box for $12.06 so I figured, why not?

I know it is a tiny bit of a drop but damn, I didn't think this would drop even lower :bomb:

It was in my gold box for $13.97 last week so I bit. Oh well. :)

Mine should be coming today, question for the people who own the first one is it necessary to play that one first?

I'm extremely tempted to pick this up, I loved the first one and the difficulty was just what I was looking for so this is just telling me to pick it up but my backlog of games says otherwise

Showed up in my Gold Box for $11.70 so I picked it up. Never beat the first one because it got hard for me, but it was still a blast to play.

Times like these that I hate Amazon's no price adjustments policy. If anyone waited, it's $12.01 right now.

*grumbles* I paid 2 bucks more.*grumbles*

Prinny 2 is great fun if you liked the original. I recommend it at this price, especially so you can enjoy the quality and not feel so cheated when you run face first into the bullshit.

Asagi mode is more fun than the main game, even.

I WILL say that on average this one is even more bullshit than the first but the quality is still there. Except for the wrist-wrecking button mashing you have to do for all the combat.

EDIT: If nothing else, the sprite/background work is amazing. Standard quality from the Disgaea guys but still just great stuff. The voice actors are all different and don't quite bring the same manic intensity as they had in the first game, but they're still quite good. Music is also exceptional. Even if you don't think you can hack it, it's still worth it for the sights, sounds, and humor it'll treat you to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally bit on Prinny 2. I was waiting to see how low it would go but decided that $12.01 was low enough. I have no problem if it drops lower (as long as it doesn't get to $10).

[quote name='RollingSkull']Prinny 2 is great fun if you liked the original. I recommend it at this price, especially so you can enjoy the quality and not feel so cheated when you run face first into the bullshit.

Asagi mode is more fun than the main game, even.

I WILL say that on average this one is even more bullshit than the first but the quality is still there. Except for the wrist-wrecking button mashing you have to do for all the combat.

EDIT: If nothing else, the sprite/background work is amazing. Standard quality from the Disgaea guys but still just great stuff. The voice actors are all different and don't quite bring the same manic intensity as they had in the first game, but they're still quite good. Music is also exceptional. Even if you don't think you can hack it, it's still worth it for the sights, sounds, and humor it'll treat you to.[/QUOTE]

What is this bullshit you speak of?

Cap'n_RDM;8465592 said:
What is this bullshit you speak of?
Anyone who played Prinny 1 would know. Prinny is all about NES era design. You control like a brick and are really given woefully inadequate tools to beat the monsters chucked at you en masse. They don't all swarm you, but we're talking NES style stuff. I.e. lots of flying enemies that swoop or shoot your fat bird behind. It's all beatable with effort and frustration, but no game released in the last 20 years really counts as "unbeatable," if any so that's moot.

At some point, in both games, the difficulty just ramps up into bullshit territory. Moreso if you don't play the levels in reverse order to do the hardest levels first.

[quote name='Grinchy']The first one is one of the best games I've ever hated.[/QUOTE]
I didn't find it particularly hard, but I had to youtube the chefbot boss fight.

Of course, when I got to the final form of the final boss, I just set down the PSP and walked away after two tries. My wrists were bad enough with the button mashing you had to do for NORMAL attacks.

Grabbed it.....sometimes amazon is like the stock market, gotta buy while its low. Its been dropping for a week or so.....inevitable bounce to full price coming. And how could I not buy it, I mean my sig has a prinny.

[quote name='mis0']$11.13 now.

May have to snag one. It'll probably rubber band up in price very soon.[/QUOTE]

It will probably jump back up in price tomorrow. Amazon loves to hike the price back up once a game hits the top 10 games sold for its console. Considering Prinny 2 is at #1 in PSP sales, it is almost inevitable this will jump back to over $20 tomorrow.

bread's done
Back